PDA

View Full Version : Chaos eXPerience

applejuice
19-03-04, 11:23
I yust wanted to ask why the map its levelinggrounds are so ... freaking unfair ...

i mainly play procityadmin and there is like yack shit to level for them ... why ? cause its should be annoying for procityadmins to level ?? owno i forgot ... they allready have the aggysewers :rolleyes:

well, i hunt for almost 2 years in the swampcaves now .. and to be honest im getting a bit tired of it ... also of the fact that ya gain shit xp for the hard work ya do ... gimme the same time in the chaoscaves and i level like 8 times faster ...

why ? cause nowhere around the neocroncity there are mobs that crawl over the ground that ya can barrel to get decent xp :/

like there are snakes and crawlers in the graves and chaoscaves .. and they get you extreme xp ...

but when ya need the same xp in the neighbourhood of the city then youre screwed ... i dont wonna shoot flying things one by on e... and even if ya barrel or multilightningbolt em its yust not worth the hassles compared to the graves and chaoscaves :/

2 years ago it wasnt a problem but since the new genreprules it yust plain sucks ... and then there are the smartasses that say: spec vehicule ... and then ya die ya wonna go back to crp and ya get spawned to youre appy cause the GR is closed ... and vehicule is still at crp ..

when ya wonna go to the graves ya get ********** by doybots :/

and the people alltogheter dont like procity people :/

TG has a crazy cave right infront of the door ...

i would like to cap my psi a bit faster then hunting warbots ... killing firemobs ... killing flying swampshitmobs

i was a proto yesterday ... and i went to get the TG genrep so i could use the TG cave ... cause its always a small war at crp :/

i go there and i level a bit and decide to go back to the city ... and i get killed at plaza typhera memo ... by the guards ... i think wtf im a proto and them guards look red to me ...

at some weird way i changed faction during the genrepping to plaza ... being proto a sec before ... relogging didnt help ... i never paid 300K ... i never had more then 10 TG symphaty in my life ... i dont get it anymore ...

but atleast i can kill some crawling things now o.O

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 11:29
first it sucks that you changed faction O_o

and tbh i would say spec vec use... all my chars have 25, and a hovertech. they go sickaningly fast, my BT tank drives through massive groups of DoY bots (i know cos i had to do it for the BT epic)

although an ASG near a neutral gr up between graves / CRP would be sweet.

however on uranus CRP is never locked (the owners would get attacked so bad if they did :)) and my BT tank has only been PK'd there once... and im now on moonie level, so i hunted there for ages.

i dunno what server your on... but IMO if you cant even get to leveling spots without bein PK'd, and if this happens constantly, it sounds like a server i want no part of. (unless its Uranus, then ill eat my words :p)

:edit: oh yeah...

and all the "hard" factions for "experts" start off with the fire mobs / WB's / caves right by their doors.... i always found that funny :)

Lanigav
19-03-04, 11:46
There definetely needs to be some more caves like the Chaos caves and graves near city friendly areas, and just in general. They're a pain in the ass for city friendly factions because you have to deal with DoY scout bots (and there's a SHITLOAD of them as of late), enemy factions pk'ing you on sight, enemy guards blowing you away, and of course, all the closed GRs meaning you'll have to run/drive a lot if you die and can't get a res.

I'd kill for a cave chock full of 120/120 rank mobs that spawn 100/100 rank mobs like the spider sewers in PP1. Not so much for the exp, but for the simple fun and challenge of it all. Clearing the graves and chaos caves is easy as hell so long as you have a PPU with holy level spells and someone with AOE. And sometimes you don't even need AOE to get through easily. I want a cave that offers an awesome group challenge with so many enemies it makes your jaw (and FPS :p) drop.

Dru Blood
19-03-04, 11:51
sounds like hes talking about saturn, there is alot of hate on saturn but thats best to be left in game imo.

i think there should be a few new caves added at the neocron entrance when doy arrives, maybe some really big retarded rats rank 70/70 and a rat king at the end rank 120/120 who drops some armor or something, its not so hard to implement little changes like this and it keeps the community sweet.

Dribble Joy
19-03-04, 12:04
Point red?

applejuice
19-03-04, 12:17
yeah i play on saturn ffcourse .. where else are the genreps all closed since the beginning of the new GRrules :)

and youre right, theres something defenitly wrong with the mentality there ... but thats sumthing everyone knows now :)

i did whined some time on ooc and told the same thing and a second later the genrep was open so i could go level yeah, i tought that was pretty kind of the people owning the genrep atm ( cartel i think, if they do sumthing good then that deserves a mentioning also ) , but then a team of tsunamiPKers rushed in the cave trying to kill everyone and i had to run outside with 40hp ... to fatal at the entrance of crp chaoscaves ... ffcourse i was lying dead when i relogged :/ press mousebutton etc and i genrep to crp again ... and end up in my appartment cause it was closed of again ... bye bye good xp ...

on an evening of 6 hours playing it takes about 3 hours to find a decent levelingspot ... after getting killed by guards and Pkers etc, about an hour to make a decent team or whine to get in a decent team ... and about 2 hours of intense leveling :)

i remember the time that if i got bored of the graves i would try out CRP or some swampcaving a min later ... maybe after that some WB hunting ... but only transportation between huntinggrounds would last like 6 hours now LOL

and i know: vehicules is the key !

but i dont have an endless suply of vehicules and when ya die ya cant get it back and it takes another half an hour before it comes back :/ snif

as for the factionchange: weird he: a plain old bug i think ... i didnt knew that ya could change faction yust by genrepping lol :) but then again it isnt that bad, i have enough symphaty to change to other factions again :) but i thikn i gonna stay TG for a while .. atleast they have a cave right in front of the door: ok its shittyer spawns then CRP and ok it doesnt have a firequeenbossmob in it and there are constantly running 5/7 1chev unteamed noobs true youre barrels but its still loads better for xp then the swampcaves ... while the swampcaves are much more work .

same with the people of military base i think, ok they have warbots but they dont have them crazy caves :/

anticityadmin has: 3chaoscaves, graves and mc5 ...

and those happen to be the only viable 3 places to hunt if youre in youre 90ish XP and need a nice amount of millions in xp to cap :/

gaya, swampcaves, point red, crystalcaves etc yust dont have the amount of xp in it that ya can get at the above 3 caves :/

yust put those 3 also somewhere beneath on the map ...

sw1tch
19-03-04, 12:28
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
Point red?

his char is a monk, they will hurt him loads :p I have killed the doom harbringer on a very low level apu because of the high damage compared to other low level classes it wasnt that hard, only died once near the very end.

but the xp from my experience isnt even that good, and he wants a place to barrel and you cant barrel there.

I'm leveling an apu on saturn atm, was planning on keeping his LE in so he could level at crp without getting pk'd which annoys me on leveling chars unless i want to be in a clan. Thing is that means no ppu protection, but i hate having to have a ppu up my arse to level, i prefer to solo stuff, like DoY bots; 50k loot per kill is sweet.

Adding a few new caves could be so easy using already made content, we should throw around a few ideas and try to push them through.

#1: A Regent cave; spawns high level mutants with a 120/120 agressor captain in an end room. Drops: gatling pistol. Could use the normal abandoned cellar map.

#2: Anarchy Breed HQ; spawns high level anarchy breed mobs with a mob boss at the end. The outside is protected by 50/50 anarchy breed guards, and the map used could be the leveling spots at MB.

#3: Spider cave; procity version of chaos cave, same leveled mobs ect, there are 2 types of big spiders already anyway, the also span smaller spiders, 80/80 maybe.

cant think of anymore atm, but start brainstorming :p
theres should be more medium level caves too, 2 star mobs are too hard to come by. Theres a great leap from 50/50 mobs like launcher cyclops' and scorpians, to 3 star mobs. 2 star mobs like terrormaulers and sandworms are hard to come by without running into lots of 3 star mobs first.

I'm sure DoY will add some newly desined caves, but these options are so easy they can be done without taking time away from DoY/

applejuice
19-03-04, 13:42
ok, very nice idea's i must say, and thats sumthing i would like closer to the neocroncity yeah .. especially the spider idea, i have no problem with spiders (100/100) spawning 80/80 and 70/70 spiders spitting the same thing as the chaoscave animals do, and it would be fairly easy to implement i think, maybe even let them spidercocoons spawn with 80/80 spiders or sumthing :) aslong as its very dangerous and as it give great xp im very happy :)

its yust we need some hilevel mobs that crawl and some 100/100 thats spawn em, same as in the chaoscaves, so ya can start barreling rooms with 20 spiders and ya gain some "real" xp instead of energybeaming a 100/100 flying flapper mob for half an hour and gain petetic xp from it :/

the barreling of groundcritters makes it worth it :)

Glok
19-03-04, 14:13
Go bug a grim chaser so he spawns. Barrel that. :)

I got over 1 mill xp from one grim the other day. Sweet. Took a half hour tho....

Sleawer
19-03-04, 14:31
It depends on the class.
Monks definetly get better XP in crawler caves where they can barrel.

On the opposite side, my Spy, PE and Melee tank powerlevel a lot faster in swamp caves.

If your class has AoE, CC all the way, if don't, SC is the place.

Glok
19-03-04, 14:35
I did about 20 cave runs on my APU. Boring. I'm never going back, even though at psi 92 it will take me a month to cap.

applejuice
19-03-04, 14:52
Originally posted by Glok
I did about 20 cave runs on my APU. Boring. I'm never going back, even though at psi 92 it will take me a month to cap.

hehe yeah, sometimes its boring but when you can hook up a nice ppu like i accidentaly bumped into last night then its levelers heaven :)

i like everything that crawls ya noticed by know: especially the part where a room or piece of cave is yust filled with mobs and then a few barrels between em and ya see the 3 number digits flying of em like crazy :) the room fills bright with red numbers :)

you press f5 and see the xp grow with thousands and thousands :) thats what im looking for but always hard to find, certainly if you are enemy with every possible faction that currently has the OP's on the middle-east to north-east corners of the map :(

maybe it isnt bad that i changed TG by accident while genrepping to plaza last night :) atleast i have 1 cave now where im sure of that its easy to get to and i yust change to my favourite faction as soon as i have enough psi :) but this isnt really how i planned it lol.

weird game.

Glok
19-03-04, 14:56
I thought about changing to TG for a bit, but after I decided caves were boring, there was no point. Yesterday I changed my faction to CA, and guess what? I'm enemy to practically everyone on the server now, except a couple tangent clans that hold maybe 6 OPs between them. :p

I don't know how I'm gonna level now, but I don't particularly care, it will happen in good time. :)

Clownst0pper
19-03-04, 15:00
Applejuice, go BD or FA on saturn, FA use catlock caves, BD use cycrow caves.

There is also TG caves, then go back when ur capped.

My bro capped Kreole his apu in 2 weeks play time*

K's bro-

applejuice
19-03-04, 15:22
Originally posted by Glok
I don't know how I'm gonna level now, but I don't particularly care, it will happen in good time. :)

indeed, normally i have the same attitude: the "je m'en fou" attitude.

but now i have a goal, a vision :P i need to get to the holy pestilance :) and currently have 105 psi with PA 2 hrhr

cause i yust love that spell :P i used it very short a loong time ago on my hybrid: but it took way to much mana to cast :/

now its pestilance time again :) and cant wait till im back in that TG cave tonight :)

only ... yesterday it was filled with noobs lol: and when i say noobs i mean NOOBS: like a 7/5 / apu and a 9/10 / ppu with em ... ffcourse they seem especially attracted to youre energybarrel if ya cast it .. i dunno why ..

same with the level 20 to 30 melleetanks ... its not like they didnt see you casting those 30 energybarrels in the sideroom first before they storm in wacking 1 particular animal and ffcourse dieing a second afterwords :/

while they gain 100x better xp with wacking launchercyclopses probably, cause they die constantly anyways :)

/edit/: clownstopper, yeah you are right, and i became tg accidentaly so thats ok for now: they have a cave yay !

but i cant change factions everytime the currently ruling clan holds some op's :) cause that can change every second and then youre stuck again :/

and the city (the plaza's) is my home, i yust see myself as a visitor in the TG faction :) im leaving there anyway as soon as im capped, and in the meanwhile i help some TG's level up ... probably the ones that i will fight later lol.
keep youre friends close, enemy's even closer they say :)

weird game lol

Omnituens
19-03-04, 15:31
chaos caves are still solo'able for a tank or a hybrid

just takes time thats all

however tanks would get the best xp from solo runs now as a hybrid using sub TL50 spell to attack with a rank of 82/-- isn't going to level that fast.

some more caves would be a nice addition, maybe around the northstar area.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 15:32
Originally posted by Omnituens

however tanks would get the best xp from solo runs now as a hybrid using sub TL50 spell to attack with a rank of 82/-- isn't going to level that fast.

yup... my tank solo's it

Omnituens
19-03-04, 15:35
my rifle spy managed to solo it up to the first room... but due to the lack of AoE weapons i couldnt clear out the room...

but an unlimited stream of 80/80 *** is nothing to scoff at :p

applejuice
19-03-04, 15:39

yes they are solo-able, but ya need to get there first :P

even an apu can solo em ... only takes even longer cause of the medikits :/

i like em on my hybrid indeed: solo or team doesnt matter .. always fun but as they hate tangent around there ... same at the graves :/ think i gonan change factions a bit more often indeed: the money isnt that of a problem: but everytime getting to about 50 symph sucks, i hate roaches and small spiders ...

if ya havent got -99 symphaty in that faction by then by accidentally barreling a noob now and then :/ LOL

edit: northstar also sound nice yeah, but not all good things stuck togheter in that east/northeast corners of the map ... like as it is now ..

Omnituens
19-03-04, 15:41
not a problem getting there for my Crahn monk :D

However, doesnt stop people attacking me even though im allied faction :(

Sleawer
19-03-04, 15:50
Sorry a little OT:

I thought BD was neutral to TT.
Who is at graves that doesn't let you XP in peace?

Anyway on topic, more dungeons would be a good addition indeed.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 15:53
my rifle spy managed to solo it up to the first room... but due to the lack of AoE weapons i couldnt clear out the room...

but an unlimited stream of 80/80 *** is nothing to scoff at :p

i solo using a dev and no armour... no AoE

applejuice
19-03-04, 15:56
Originally posted by Sleawer
Sorry a little OT:

I thought BD was neutral to TT.
Who is at graves that doesn't let you XP in peace?

Anyway on topic, more dungeons would be a good addition indeed.

neutral doesnt have alot of meaning on saturn i noticed by know :) im not starting about who ... cause that causes flaming and other bad stuff like that :/

btw is it so hard to put 3 more decent caves in the game ? like 1 on militarybase, one on TH and one at the city :)

zii
19-03-04, 16:38
@thread starter - Change faction. Use a Hovertech.

metalangel
19-03-04, 16:39
My PPU and Rifle Spy are practically camped out in a little tent by the TG cave... but yes, there needs to be a similar place for ProCity people, the closest you can get right now is the Catlock Bay cave...

wolfwood
19-03-04, 16:43
I have no problem finding places to level and i play procity, if there were a type of graves within Neocron then newbs would constantly die, to prevent this they could make a rank restriction on the graves type place.

ezza
19-03-04, 16:44
the swamp caves are good XP proberbly not as good aschaos, but still.

get to the swamp shaman, then let him keep spawning mobs, and just keep cutting them down.

70/70s 80/80 90/90 and 100/100 mobs iirc

pretty decent xp, i got 4 mill for one run yesterday, with my tank a ppu and a pistol spy before leaving for more ammo.

edit: ive found myself 3 sweet spots to hunt in the past few days that aint rarly populated, if you go looking you find them.

you dont have to level in a cave.

leveled most of my tank outside of caves

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 16:52
CRP is more pro city friendly than catlock with regard to guards ... crp holders may factor into it on some svrs

mdares
19-03-04, 20:41
crystal caves next to tH are pretty good for barrels if you lure the bastids into teh hall...

but its not soloable so meh...

tg/catlock/crp are all soloable by any combat class... the degree of difficulty (i feel) is arranged with tg easiest to solo and crp more or less harder...

and just use convinient cover... and you wont be chugging medis like crazy.

steweygrrr
19-03-04, 21:06
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
CRP is more pro city friendly than catlock with regard to guards ... crp holders may factor into it on some svrs

Its just the owners on Uranus that are a problem. There ALWAYS seems to be a TJ war party camping the GR...even saw a group of tanks and APUs AOEing the cave entrance once.

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 21:11
heh chaos arent the be all and end all, sides big teams suck anyway .. not been to crp in months

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 21:19
Chaos caves are just the fastest way to level up if you have a decent team.

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 21:42
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
Chaos caves are just the fastest way to level up if you have a decent team.

Thats funny, could swarn just one person with/without ppu leveled you faster, without a team ;)

•Super|\|ova•
19-03-04, 21:48
Thats funny, could swarn just one person with/without ppu leveled you faster, without a team ;)

Well, I didn't mention anything about the size of a team did I? ;)

g0rt
19-03-04, 21:59
I completely agree with the poster, the caves are unbalanced.

Sure, most factions can sneak into catlock caves and level, but its a real pain in the ass.

No other caves in the game have the AoE oppertunity that the chaos caves give. Worm tunnels, crystal cave, swamp cave, point red, gaya mine all have spread out mobs so aoe isnt viable, therefore the exp is shit in comparison to the chaos caves.

Closest you can get is the graves, but still its nothing compared to the chaos caves. You're lucky to see 6 or 7 snakes in one room to aoe in the graves, whereas on a leutie run in the chaos caves you can get 20+ ** and *** mobs in one room easily. THAT is exp....

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 22:03
Originally posted by g0rt
I completely agree with the poster, the caves are unbalanced.

Sure, most factions can sneak into catlock caves and level, but its a real pain in the ass.

No other caves in the game have the AoE oppertunity that the chaos caves give. Worm tunnels, crystal cave, swamp cave, point red, gaya mine all have spread out mobs so aoe isnt viable, therefore the exp is shit in comparison to the chaos caves.

Closest you can get is the graves, but still its nothing compared to the chaos caves. You're lucky to see 6 or 7 snakes in one room to aoe in the graves, whereas on a leutie run in the chaos caves you can get 20+ ** and *** mobs in one room easily. THAT is exp....

Theres loads of big spawns in the graves ... just run forward and get some attentino then go back and barrel em all .. but yeah its prolly a tad slower than CC but its doesnt rip your armor up like they do

g0rt
19-03-04, 22:56
Theres loads of big spawns in the graves ... just run forward and get some attentino then go back and barrel em all .. but yeah its prolly a tad slower than CC but its doesnt rip your armor up like they do

Gives maybe 25% of the constitution that chaos caves will give, because everyone knows direct, hard hits give mad constitution whereas DOTs give very little. Ever watch CON go up from fire mobs? :p

You could gather the entire grave up into one room, and it would maybe give you the same exp as one GOOD leutenant room in the chaos caves.

Maybe..

:\

Thats the problem.