PDA

View Full Version : Ceres Skills Bdoy / Good Or Bad?

spikeownzu
19-03-04, 03:57
" The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools. "

--- i absolutely HATE the idea of this, i think that it is going to make capped charecters overpowered, and make the game rely more on how much you'v sat in a cave bashing mobs, rather then your actual skill at playing the game.

I think KK need to be careful, becuz i think that this cud make a lot of people leave neocron if its screwed.

/ perhaps just make it for tools and tradeskillers? it wud give tradeskillers more a reason to level higher.. but i think a lot of PKers don't want to sit in a cave all fukin day just to be able to compete, we wanna fight!

Myrlin
19-03-04, 03:59
You have no idea what the skills will be. They might be super powerful, then again they might be crap. No one except the Devs know the answer to that.

alig
19-03-04, 04:04
FFS most ppl maybe just pk'ers on this game but that doesnt go to say that we dont want to ever lvl, i know i for one was pissed when i fully capped my tank, it felt like neocron had ended and the only thing left to do was sit in pp1 looking for a fucking fight or standing in p2, Which is how this game works, op fights are pointless repetative bullshit that have no meaning to it at all, u never win.

jernau
19-03-04, 04:05
The game is not only about "player skill". It's an RPG, hence it involves character and inventory design and selection.

Compared to most games in it's genre it allows a huge amount of player impact on the outcome of combat. I doubt that will change.

JackScratch
19-03-04, 04:17
I've said it before and it bears repeating. The scope of this game is limited only by your imagination. BTW, that doesn't speak very well of those of you who are bored. This game has more posibilities than life it's self, and all you can find to do with a capped Tank is sit in PP1? Sad, very very sad. Here is a thought, try haveing a conversation. Get into politics, help a noob, start a business, my god, use your damn head and think of something I haven't listed here. I'm a little sorry if I have insulted anyone here, but if I have, consider this a wake up call, your problem isn't the game.

jernau
19-03-04, 04:19
Originally posted by JackScratch
This game has more posibilities than life it's self

You should work in marketing, that has to be the overstatement of the decade.;)

Valkyrie
19-03-04, 04:50
It's piss easy to cap a char in this game (monk int aside) just grit your teeth and get on with it. Who knows, if you don't slavishly follow the 'power level in cave' mentality you might actually be able to have some fun.

spikeownzu
19-03-04, 04:52
" The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools. "

--- i absolutely HATE the idea of this, i think that it is going to make capped charecters overpowered, and make the game rely more on how much you'v sat in a cave bashing mobs, rather then your actual skill at playing the game.

I think KK need to be careful, becuz i think that this cud make a lot of people leave neocron if its screwed.

/ perhaps just make it for tools and tradeskillers? it wud give tradeskillers more a reason to level higher.. but i think a lot of PKers don't want to sit in a cave all fukin day just to be able to compete, we wanna fight!

- SORRY FOR DOUBLE POST, I FORGOT A POLL.

Invertigo
19-03-04, 04:53
Originally posted by Valkyrie
It's piss easy to cap a char in this game (monk int aside) just grit your teeth and get on with it. Who knows, if you don't slavishly follow the 'power level in cave' mentality you might actually be able to have some fun.

easy... as in easy you mean one week cap playing 8+ hours a day...then i guess yea...

but during that time your likely to:

lose your job
drop out of school
lose your GF
start to smell really bad
....etc....

but thats your choice i guess:D

Odin
19-03-04, 04:54
Merged.

jernau
19-03-04, 04:55
Compared to almost ever other MMORPG it is easy.

Compared to walking home after 20 pints of Old Sweaty Bastard it's hard.

/edit - The poll is silly. How can we tell without more solid facts and some time trying them out in-game?

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 05:15
My only concern is that it might bring balance issues. KK doesn't exactly have a good history when it comes to balance issues. ;)

JackScratch
19-03-04, 05:28
Yeah, they listen to people who complain about them.

I say this game has more posibilities than life it's self, because there are things you can do in this game you can't do in life. Also given the limits of most of your (teehee) lives, this game gives you the freedom to achieve more than the odds say you ever will IRL.

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 05:31
Originally posted by JackScratch
Yeah, they listen to people who complain about them.

Yea because their are never any balance issues in any mmorpg. *sarcasm*

Varaem
19-03-04, 05:39
So characters have to overcap to get good WoC skills? PEs will own. So easy to overcap. Monks? They'll never get WoC skills.

I don't like this idea.

JackScratch
19-03-04, 05:40
Yeah, the chances of there being balance issues are about as good as the chances of someone incorrectly identifying them. (no sarcasm)

The Varaem? Good to see you still around.

seratoz
19-03-04, 06:42
I don't think you can justify hating this when someone who is capped obviously put much effort into capping...... ITS NOT EASY, especially monk INT. Any one is considered over powered when they have spent time honing their skills. I mean you can't sit there and bitch about a martial arts master just cause hes better than you, HE SPENT TIME DOING IT!!!!

dont waste time complaining about something you CHOOSE not to do.......

Although compared to other clases monks wil take longest to cap totally because of INT..... however with the light that WOC skills may only be in the targer skill, psi for monk, STR for tank, INT for spy, and ?? for PE.

We don't know anything about the balance of these so its poitless to argue that.

MegaCorp
19-03-04, 07:16
I think you started a bitching thread with no clue as to what those features really are or what impact they will actually have on the game. Pointless. How about we wait and see, then begin to critique the results once we have something we can actually play and experience first hand?

Many mmorpgs have eventually raised the cap on characters to expand the level range and/or skill trees for old maxed out characters. Sometimes it works out very well, and other times not so well. It will all depend on how much thought and effort KK put into designing those enhancements and the resulting impact on overall game balance.

Spook

JackScratch
19-03-04, 07:35
Spook, I hate to say this, but I like you. You sound like the most sensible person on the forums, a position I formerly gave myself. I couldn't have said it better myself, sadly I have even proven that.

Crono
19-03-04, 09:50
this smells allot like Shadowlevels in AO which came with the Shadowlands expansion.

i got a lvl 205 soldier (thats caped, and with 5 shadow lvls) there. the idea went over pretty well in that game.

-Crono

g0rt
19-03-04, 10:01
Originally posted by jernau
Compared to almost ever other MMORPG it is easy.

Nuff said.

Solo, I could cap 4 neocron chars before I could cap one in daoc or eq....and thats two examples.

Different game, different level of difficulty...but trust me, we all have it GOOD, wisdom of ceres skills will add content for players who have been playing a long time and capped, its gonna be great.

Katherine
19-03-04, 10:51
Shouldn't judge it till we know more about WOC skills.

Dru Blood
19-03-04, 11:17
i dont think they will be all combat related for a spy it could even mean he gets to use a really rare construct / research machine.

the apu could get a heal = to tl3

tank could get a funky mellee sword with only str requirements

who knows ill just rather wait and see :)

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 11:21
Originally posted by spikeownzu

whats the difference between a tank with 100 str and a tank with 105 str? thats right... 5 points in heavy combat. thats the equivalent of a capped tank vs a capped tank with a heavy 1 on. no biggie.

however in some situations i see a problem. spies for example.

spies currently imp into inq 1. the disadvantage of this is the relativly low dex you get. allowing to overcap dex would take away any disadvantage.

as for a PE...

1. they have no main stat technically (dex in practise)

2. overcapping any of their stats would make a big difference.

so... taking more than "my tank dont care" into consideration, i think it could unbalance the game. (i hate the word balance. it is thrown around as much as carebear or noob)

Dribble Joy
19-03-04, 12:02
As has been said by MJS, WoC doesn't give additional lvls, it lets you over cap xp till you gain a WoC skill in that stat.
Eg. A PE reaches DEX '81', but instead of gaining a dex lvl and points under dex, he gets a skill.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 12:07
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
As has been said by MJS, WoC doesn't give additional lvls, it lets you over cap xp till you gain a WoC skill in that stat.
Eg. A PE reaches DEX '81', but instead of gaining a dex lvl and points under dex, he gets a skill.

O_o

this is actually turnin into every other MMORPG lol

DAoC with its realm ranks (and now master levels?)

NC with its WoC levels

ezza
19-03-04, 13:13
well i dont think we need to start saying that its going to overpower or anything just yet as we dont know what skills we are going to get.

however i think its a good idea to have something for capped players to go for, i had capped my tank, but once id capped, i reach for the loms every time lol, so this could stop me being a professional lommer.

like alig said once you cap its like basically fight in PP(or whereever i choice to pk) or stand around chatting, so at least it will provide a distraction from the norm, for a while anyway.

hey plus the other epics will be put in so that will keep me going for about a day as well so plenty to keep you busy on release :D

sanityislost
19-03-04, 13:42
I think its gona be sweet, more content for high end players which is what this game needs :D

.Cyl0n
19-03-04, 13:47
Originally posted by sanityislost
I think its gona be sweet, more content for high end players which is what this game needs :D

yepp i think so too and we should wait with the NERF NERF NERF till they announce what those skills will be like roughly..

atm noone has a clue what its going to be .. yet the first people already think about which class is going to be overpowerd then :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 13:48
lol i was just seeing the potential for overpoweredness with overcapping...

now we been told its not overcapping, its abilities.

so my point is invalid... thus it should be ignored

leGit v. 2
19-03-04, 13:49
when i first got retail this is what happened

drop out of school
lose your GF

.Cyl0n
19-03-04, 13:49
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
lol i was just seeing the potential for overpoweredness with overcapping...

now we been told its not overcapping, its abilities.

so my point is invalid... thus it should be ignored

[edited violation of fourm rules][freya]

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 13:53
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
[edited for consistancy]

[violation of fourm rules][freya]

applejuice
19-03-04, 13:53
i think woc gonna own, i am ready for woc: bring it on :)

sanityislost
19-03-04, 13:55

.Cyl0n
19-03-04, 14:01
edited for consistancy

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:05
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
edited for consistancy

[edited violation of fourm rules-spam][freya]

.Cyl0n
19-03-04, 14:08
edited for consistancy

aaah okay i agree with you jester :)

:p

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:08
[edited violation of fourm rules-spam][freya]

angelsenior
19-03-04, 14:47
I think the WOc skills will be cool because there will be a reason to go on after capping your char.

Since it adds new tools, its not only the combat part who gets a boost.

Also, these weapons could be slightly different in use so that you use them besides your normal rare weapons but not 'instead of'.

And yes, we should wait and see before we start bitching.

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 14:49
Just wait and see ... its not like its hard to cap any char in atleast their primary

Clownst0pper
19-03-04, 14:52
Totally Agree, if you find capping characters in this game, try DAoC, u have to wake up at 6 in the morning just to get a leveling spot at the lair.

Thats not fun :o

Primary capping is so easy, if u cant cap primaries, u need shooting :lol:

K's bro-

Clownst0pper
Totally Agree, if you find capping characters in this game, try DAoC, u have to wake up at 6 in the morning just to get a leveling spot at the lair.

Thats not fun :o

Primary capping is so easy, if u cant cap primaries, u need shooting :lol:

K's bro-

SHIIIIIT DOUBLE POST, FUCKING LAG! Sorry! :eek: :p

Freya
Warning stay on topic please

Dribble Joy
19-03-04, 14:55
We can assume that we will get WoC skills in our primaries, but what about our other skills?

Would PEs get PSI WoC skills? Tanks INT WoC skills?

Untill DoY comes it's all speculation, but we can discus anyway.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:58
Originally posted by Freya
Warning stay on topic please

but the topic is if WoC skills are good or bad... and we dont know O_o

mishkin
19-03-04, 15:01
Yes. WoC is a good addition to the game. It extends the life of the game, adds some more stories (hopefully, since you will require some NPC's to train you)...

I just hope the WoC-skills are dynamic, and can be changed and customized, and preferrably multiple-choice when attained...

I mean, I for one wouldn't want the whole population of monks, once again, start using only one spell... Would be kind of pointless.

Just hope you can choose what way to go, and then, depending on your last choice, you get a different set of choices if you attain the next lvl.

Another thought on this, which should make my opinion quite clear.

Proxy - APU // Lance - Spy -- CIX, CM, Pluto

El_MUERkO
19-03-04, 15:17
Stop being such a negative nelly, we dont know what the ceres skills do and unless we get them explained in an IGN preview we'll probably not find out till BDOY hits retail.

Me I'm chuffed to bits, my PEs been capped for 8 months or more and I'd love to give him an extra little boost :)

L0KI
19-03-04, 15:28

century ;)

]v[ortice
19-03-04, 15:33
I really don't understand the topic starter's point.

If the WoC quests aren't inmplemented in DoY. For what reason will people with capped characters buy DoY? That would mean almost 0 new content for them. Yes Neo looks pretty, few more mobs, you can walk round DoY... But I've paid X amount of money for me to be bored again?

Hacknet and Flying Vehicles might not be everyones cup of tea and you have to cater for people who firstly don't hack and secondly don't drive.

WoC is welcome addition in my book!

Delloda
19-03-04, 16:13

i wish kk had someone employed that worked in marketing...then we would probably have a higher server population. :(

jernau
19-03-04, 18:19
Originally posted by L0KI
century ;)

Well, I almost said millenium but then I remembered the many crimes of sense Marketroid scum commit daily and backed it off a bit.

plague
19-03-04, 23:38
M3 wotes noo, woc should be funn and if its overpowered then am sure kk will nerf the hell out of it right a way so i wouldt worry about ganking and all that sht..:cool: