PDA

View Full Version : [THREADS MERGED]Monk INT

Ascension
18-03-04, 23:03
Okay Down the line with the New INT Gain and bearing in mind this

Wisdom of Ceres Skills :

The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools

are everyother class but monks doing the new skills? or are there actually many if any Monks with fully capped INT?

just a thought..

[edit] please post your current INT mines based on the fact everythin but INT is capped..

my Base INT is 88 :( but i made this char way before the INT gain.. i wanna know if its made any effect on how quick it lvls now

Dru Blood
18-03-04, 23:05
my monk is old int is 88 but thats with lomming from hacking to imp then to pure psi use.

but ive also lomd from uber hybrid to ppu to apu back to ppu.

8|

MjukisDjur
18-03-04, 23:05
well I guess there are about 2-5 monk players totally that will qualify for woc :/

sucks imop

Edit:
there is a world of difference between 88 and 100 int :P

Myrlin
18-03-04, 23:09
It mentions capped characters but the example given just says leveling strength past 100. That makes me think that monks would only have to get PSI to 100 and then they could level past that to get to the WoC skills.

Dru Blood
18-03-04, 23:11
yeah i think its all dependant of there main attack skill

like monks is psi
tanks is str
and pe / spy is dex.

if the pe is given woc skills to learn hes gonna be cool i love my pe hes my fav character.

Ascension
18-03-04, 23:13
Originally posted by Myrlin
It mentions capped characters but the example given just says leveling strength past 100. That makes me think that monks would only have to get PSI to 100 and then they could level past that to get to the WoC skills.

Hmm i dont know but this:

The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players

May be correct or not its slightly vague

Dru Blood
18-03-04, 23:15
that would suck big time ok im a monk gonna spend 16 weeks in this fukin cave cappin my int so i can learn a woc ..

the apu woc is = to a tl3 heal i bet u im right too =)

Scikar
18-03-04, 23:16
I'll bet there are no tanks either who have capped CON without shooting themselves with a Moon Striker over and over again, which is now, very conveniently, a bannable offense. :(

Ascension
18-03-04, 23:26
Originally posted by Scikar
I'll bet there are no tanks either who have capped CON without shooting themselves with a Moon Striker over and over again, which is now, very conveniently, a bannable offense. :(

MC 5 Works well :)

ZoomZoom
18-03-04, 23:27
one word for monk int lvling *YAWN*

Ascension
18-03-04, 23:29
Originally posted by ZoomZoom
one word for monk int lvling *YAWN*

I totally agree... it sure seems pointless after you cap psi.. but if it was attainable slightly easier.. then maybe id be inclined to do it.. mind you i did go 2 catlock and did bout 5 runs got a few points of INT xp

spongeb0b
18-03-04, 23:31

My mellee tank has gained most of his con exp from fire mobs (thats right i never deliberately hurt myself for con exp) and his con is 95 (str has only just capped lvl 100 however i have lommed alot) it's really not that bad getting cons exp so long as you can be assed to put the effort in..... (it is however very boring)

Scikar
18-03-04, 23:39
Well neither of them are impossible...

Monk INT and Tank CON both gain at 50% rate. If you want to check this on a Tank it's easy, just look at STR XP compared to CON - disregarding LoMs CON XP is almost always roughly half your STR XP - just like CON on a PE is almost always roughly half INT XP. On monks though the problem is that APU modules don't give 100% INT XP. I think it's more like 33%. If you checked an APU's INT, assuming he levelled mostly unteamed, it would usually be about 11% of his PSI (33% x 33%). A PPU who levelled entirely with a team would level from the team XP which is split according to the main modifiers would have roughly 33% INT compared to PSI. A PPU created since the patch which boosted INT XP on monks would be on roughly 50% now.

I suggest a boost to both. Tank CON since mobs generally give very little, OP fights give practically nothing, and shooting yourself is now an exploit. Monk INT because it's unfair compared to other classes. The overall modifier should be raised to 75% and so should Tank CON, plus IMO APU modules should give 100% PSI instead of 33%. It's not going to make any difference to levelling time anyway, Tanks generally give up once STR is capped and CON is reasonably high, and monks have only heavy belts to earn by capping INT, and the cost is insane unless you have 6 hours to spare every day.

Ascension
18-03-04, 23:42
But 1 thing is.. tanks get hurt no matter what they do.. like running through PP etc.. monks dont and thats the dif..

Scikar
18-03-04, 23:44
Running through PP gets you about 0.5k CON XP, assuming you get shot. In an OP war I make about 10k-20k, if that. As soon as you put armor on the XP sinks to practically nothing.

Just because monk's INT is worse does not mean Tank CON is not bad, mmkay?

Sefran
18-03-04, 23:47
I thought id see only saw WoC for the primary skills (like dex for spies, str for tanks , and psi for monks). I could be wrong though,but i think i readed it was only for those skills...

Oh and 99 int base 7 mil to go btw (and it took forever...but thats what makes it special if they would implent a WoC for it, not every1 would be able to get it in a flash or a little time power lvl'ing...)

Lifewaster
19-03-04, 00:17
Well I think there may be a WOC skill for each skillset psi,int,str etc.

Once you cap A skill, you can gain further exp in that skill up untill you have enough to get its WOC. You wont need to have any other stats capped to do it.

However, all WOCs will require above level 100 exp wise, and you can only gain WOC exp in one skill at a time due to needing a special artifact and NPC.

SO

A tank may get WOC-int , but only if he somehow insanely reaches 172 mill plus int exp .

PEs will have access to all 5 WOCs but again they need to get to 172 mill plus in each of them, and can only gain in one at a time.

Monks will easily get WOC-psi , but will probably later on get WOC-Con sooner than int.

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 00:19
Scikar this thread isn't about tank con gain. If you want to complain about that then make your own thread about it. This same bs happens in every class thread. :rolleyes:

Anyways on my first monk that I had for several months. I had gotten over 300 mil worth of PSI xp. Because I had lommed so much. Probably more. I know I went from 90-100 psi many times because of my lom addiction. And the highest I ever got monk int was 90, after all that. That's pathetic and should be fixed.

I really hope Wisdom of sex skills are only for the primary primary primary primary primary stat. In other words, str for tanks, psi for monks, uhh dex for spies? and dex for pes. In honestly wouldn't be fair at all if int was part of the wisdom of ceres skill. Because the gain is just too damn low.

Originally posted by Lifewaster

However, all WOCs will require above level 100 exp wise, and you can only gain WOC exp in one skill at a time due to needing a special artifact and NPC.

SO

A tank may get WOC-int , but only if he somehow insanely reaches 172 mill plus int exp .

PEs will have access to all 5 WOCs but again they need to get to 172 mill plus in each of them, and can only gain in one at a time.

Monks will easily get WOC-psi , but will probably later on get WOC-Con sooner than int.

Do you know this for a fact? Because I haven't read anything about WOCS requiring above level 100 xp wise.

Ascension
19-03-04, 00:23
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
I really hope Wisdom of sex skills are only for the primary primary primary primary primary stat. In other words, str for tanks, psi for monks, uhh dex for spies? and dex for pes. In honestly wouldn't be fair at all if int was part of the wisdom of ceres skill. Because the gain is just too damn low.

and hope this

The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players

isnt true
o_O else thats just crazy when it comes 2 monks:rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 00:27
Originally posted by Ascention

o_O else thats just crazy when it comes 2 monks:rolleyes:

lol

Of course, the monks who have capped int will love this. Ever notice the people who think terminator should be super rare, or monk int gain is fine, are the ones that have the term or capped int. I guess some players don't care about balance as long as they have a unique advantage over other people.

hehe

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 00:28
wait'age or cap int .. just thinki everythign you standing around .. goto a cave or something

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 00:29
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
wait'age or cap int .. just thinki everythign you standing around .. goto a cave or something

huh? Can you rephrase, kuz I didn't catch that. :D

Lifewaster
19-03-04, 00:29
Do you know this for a fact? Because I haven't read anything about WOCS requiring above level 100 xp wise.

Nope but it makes sense to me, and the example given is for STR which is a 100 cap skill. And it would make no sense that a PE could get the same WOC-str for 80k worth of STR exp as a tank would get at 180 mill worth. So I'm thinking the PE can get the STR_WOC but it will cost the same amount of exp as it does the tank.

Also the article did mention obtaining an artifact and contacting an npc, so its assumable it can work like a mission whereby you can only do/gain in one at a time.

Spoon
19-03-04, 00:44
Saturn APU:
Base PSI: 94
Base INT: 76
(A differance of 18 levels)

Uranus APU:
Base PSI: 80
Base INT: 63
(A differance of 17 levels)

Neither has LoM'ed any INT.....

Just checked some XP gain numbers for APU.
Killed a few mobs and got:

PSI: 141,472 XP points
INT: 26,597 XP points

Seems a little borked to me......

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 00:47
everyone's INT is 88 it seems......... @_@

but bah, i found a way to lvl it much faster :p:angel:

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 00:47
wait an see what woc are .. afaik it explains them as for ONE skill so if you capped just psi and not any other skills you can do the psi woc or whatever

or just spend your free time leveling and not standing around in p2 with the cool kids

RayBob
19-03-04, 00:48
There is no reason why monk INT should level as slowly as it does. It is unfair. I would like to know why KK made this decision.

Ascension
19-03-04, 00:55
yeah tbh its truely un-orthadox compared with every other class..

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 01:01
Originally posted by Spoon
Saturn APU:
Base PSI: 94
Base INT: 76
(A differance of 18 levels)

Uranus APU:
Base PSI: 80
Base INT: 63
(A differance of 17 levels)

Neither has LoM'ed any INT.....

Just checked some XP gain numbers for APU.
Killed a few mobs and got:

PSI: 141,472 XP points
INT: 26,597 XP points

Seems a little borked to me......

heh yea it adds up. It's like for every 12 mil of PSI xp, I get like 3-4 mil of int.

Xtro
19-03-04, 01:03
Well i have 5 chars on pluto (Mr monney bags) And i have capped only one my Tank seems getting shot is the easiest (mc5 not stood in a corner with a moonie ) my PPu is next all capped int at 94 seems odd really since psi power is to do with brain power
next comes Xtro was fully capped then i lommed to construct barter and repair int 98 dex 98 seems repair and construction don't do much seeing how i lost 3 levels and only gained 1 of each in 7 months
then comes my apu only 2 months old psi 98 int 82 then comes alannah spy researcher int 97 dex well umm 89 so things can be hard for lots but Tanks are the easiest to cap from my experience

Sleawer
19-03-04, 01:15
Sometimes I think that would be cool having all skills for all classes just like monk INT. Ultra hard to cap, but not really needed to compete in PvP, PvM or Tradeskills. That would add a new sense to the word capped, and uncapped players would participate in all events.

Aside that, it is a pain in the ass.

One thing I noticed in tank XP gain, it's that you cannot compare the CON gain with STR, as STR gets XP by using weapons AND getting shot. So even if the gain rate is the same, the experience received is always bigger for strenght.

Scikar
19-03-04, 01:19
Actually you do get CON XP for shooting stuff, at least I did last time I checked...

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 01:22
Actually you do get CON XP for shooting stuff, at least I did last time I checked...

LOL

Maybe when a tank hits someone really hard he says "OUCH, that's gotta hurt" and gains XP because of the pain he imagines. :p

Clownst0pper
19-03-04, 01:51
My bro's monk is 85 base INT and everything else is fully capped.

Pretty annoying when you think a droner gets 100% equal gain in dex and INT.

His droner is 95 base dex, and 95 base int...Wish a monk was like it :(

K's bro-

g0rt
19-03-04, 02:07
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
My bro's monk is 85 base INT and everything else is fully capped.

Pretty annoying when you think a droner gets 100% equal gain in dex and INT.

His droner is 95 base dex, and 95 base int...Wish a monk was like it :(

K's bro-

So do I.

All my monks are psi capped, but INT is always a ways away. My PPU is closest with 95 base int, but ill never bother capping him at this rate because 5 psi use = 2 mana, i cap freq on everything already and I can use all belts.

So wow, days upon days of caving for 2 mana? Negative captain..simply not worth the work.

Phlith
19-03-04, 02:29
My monks int is 90. Only reason its even past the high 80's is in hope of one day being /70 :P

mdares
19-03-04, 02:33
my apu i stopped at 90 int; all else capped... my ppu is currently psi 97 int 85... so by tht time i cap psi it'll be 87 to 88 int...

the fucked up thing about lvling this is that my droner, i capped from 95 int/dex to 100 both in 5 days... how? 2 cave runs a day... 2 hours... solo... capped... :eek:

so borked int lvling is for monkies...

things i wish to see with BDOY:

New changes to Monk Class:
New INT cap: lvl 90
New CON cap: lvl 50
New Dex cap: lvl 40

OR:

New changes to INT lvling for monks; INT will now level at the same rate as PSI (and no psi lvling has NOT been toned down :p).

:D

jernau
19-03-04, 02:44

You sure you don't mean from being teamed?

@Scikar - Isn't it 33% (of PSI) for INT now? I can't remember if they gave us the exact %age at the time tbh or if it was a KK "up a bit" type thing.

@Mr. Friendly - If you have a better way to cap INT then tell us. Otherwise we'll assume it's BS.

At PSI cap my APU (rolled after the rate increase) had 86 INT and had only lommed 50 IMP while at a very low level (almost no effect on current total). Towards the end I was/am getting 20% or less INT compared to PSI, whereas it was almost exactly 33% up to about 90 or so PSI.

Unless I need it for WoC I'll take him to 89 INT and then stop.

Here's what I'd love explained :
Levelling in caves, just me and a PPU in the team. Combat ranks within 1 or 2 of each other. I often get about 2/3 the INT per run he does. I've tested it with both my PPU and a clan-mate's and it's the same. Sometimes it's closer to parity but I never get as much, let alone more than him even though I'm the damage dealer. Add more people to the team and his gain rate plummets.

Scikar
19-03-04, 02:56
I'm fairly sure yes. I almost always hunt alone.

The PSI gain rate for monks was upped from 33% to 50% not so long ago.

And the reason you gain less INT than the PPU is explained above.

You deal the damage, so your XP is direct. First you cut it to 33%, the INT rate of APU modules. Then you cut the result to 50%, a total of 16.5%, and that is your INT XP. The team pool receives the 100% value. The PPU then receives this, and it is modified by his base INT rate of 50%, meaning the PPU gains 50% of the team XP to INT, whereas you are only gaining 16.5% INT, though direct from the damage instead of from the team. If you have more than one damage dealer in the team, then you get 50% rate on team XP in the same way.

Lafiel
19-03-04, 03:20
im at 95 base... pretty shitty

jernau
19-03-04, 03:46
I'm fairly sure yes. I almost always hunt alone.

The PSI gain rate for monks was upped from 33% to 50% not so long ago.

That is I assume based off the very old and oft-explained mis-reading of Rustot where people compare %ages between classes and don't read the footnotes. If not then please explain what you mean as it makes no sense to change the fixed reference point of the system.

And the reason you gain less INT than the PPU is explained above.

You deal the damage, so your XP is direct. First you cut it to 33%, the INT rate of APU modules. Then you cut the result to 50%, a total of 16.5%, and that is your INT XP. The team pool receives the 100% value. The PPU then receives this, and it is modified by his base INT rate of 50%, meaning the PPU gains 50% of the team XP to INT, whereas you are only gaining 16.5% INT, though direct from the damage instead of from the team. If you have more than one damage dealer in the team, then you get 50% rate on team XP in the same way. .

That also assumes the same premise as above which I believe is false. It also fails to account for the fact that a) I should also get the team XP back and b) team XP is not 100% of total but 20% (IIRC) of the total.

Birkoff
19-03-04, 03:48
Vert true point, i have 100 psi and only 93 int.

I Was hybrid till the 30% nerf when i went ppu
Then hybrid when apu kami was out
Then back to ppu
Then hybrid after the patch

Then i went from hybrid to apu to hybrid to apu, now ppu again
All that in the last like month and a half.

All the lvling to recap psi everytime and i still only have 93 base int :)

*sigh*

alig
19-03-04, 03:53

How much? i never shot alig once.

Edit/ my apu is base 85 int and was made November 2002 and my ppu is base 86 who was made...oh fucking 2/3 months ago.:mad:

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 04:25
u gotta think like a PE if u wanna lvl INT faster..
use combos

jernau
19-03-04, 04:37
Originally posted by Mr Friendly
u gotta think like a PE if u wanna lvl INT faster..
use combos

Like Dragon Punch you mean? :wtf:

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 04:38
no, like combos, ill say nuthin else

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 05:19
[waste people's time]

hey guys I found a way to run at full speed while parashocked.

Yep it's true. Here's a hint. *insert nonsensical and vague statement*

That's all i'm saying. [/waste people's time]

Strych9
19-03-04, 05:46
IIRC, I actually saw an explanation by SOMEONE in authority that the monk Int gain was to preserve the tradeskill advantage of the spy.

Now this was back before we discovered the formula for constr, so no one realized at the time that the monk was gimped for Constr due to Dex anyway.

But that is what we were told.

And it is awful. Yes, level 88 or so is a FAR cry from level 100... level 88 needs somewhere around 60 mil I think, while level 100 (not full cap, just reaching 100) needs 157 million.

Now there USED to be in game (WAAAAY early retail) an exploit that could have capped a monk's Int in about 5 hours. It was removed in a VERY quick amount of time, but I suspect if anyone used that to its full extent, they wouldnt post about it now anyway.

no, like combos, ill say nuthin else No, Mr Friendly means Combos, the snack food- you know pretzel outside with cheese in the middle...

I tell ya, when people make cryptic posts about secrets in the game, NOTHING impresses me more. :rolleyes:

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 06:02
Originally posted by Strych9

I tell ya, when people make cryptic posts about secrets in the game, NOTHING impresses me more. :rolleyes:

:lol:

IF(I stress if :p) the devs really said that, about preserving the tradeskill advantage of spies, why not change the formula so that it's even more in favor of the spy? Like make dex a really huge factor or something.

Or use my idea and make the int cap 90, and give us 10 points elsewhere. :p

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 06:50
[waste people's time]

hey guys I found a way to run at full speed while parashocked.

Yep it's true. Here's a hint. *insert nonsensical and vague statement*

That's all i'm saying. [/waste people's time]

exactly the reason i have u on ignore :rolleyes:

there's a simple way to lvl INT alot faster, its only a secret to those who are too blind to not discovering it, such as *cough*SD*cough* :D

lol & strych, i could care less for your criticism, i never said i was gunna xplain or tell neone it, so boo hoo cuz apparently ur also stuck LVLin INT the slow way :D

jernau
19-03-04, 06:54
Well as I see it there's four possibilities here :
1) You are talking BS
2) You are referring to an exploit
3) You are overestimating whatever method you are hinting at
4) Somehow you've discovered something no-one else has

I've put them in that order for a reason ;)

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 06:59
my god, dont tempt me, its so simple u ppl dont know it i wanna tell >_< lol

well, most of all my clan does :\ & fellow friends

jernau
19-03-04, 07:01
my god, dont tempt me, its so simple u ppl dont know it i wanna tell >_< lol

well, most of all my clan does :\ & fellow friends

PM me if you want. Without saying what it is though how can you expect anyone to take you seriously?

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 07:01
im just lettin u know there IS a faster way to lvl INT, not teasing or tryin to tell u it =)
<edit> MUCH faster way to lvl INT * :)

so dont think ur stuck with the slow INT gain of the monk..

jernau
19-03-04, 07:09
im just lettin u know there IS a faster way to lvl INT, not teasing or tryin to tell u it =)

Option 1 it is then.

Exmond
19-03-04, 07:13
Gents gents gents! I know exactly what he is saying!

Become a PE that uses APU spells!

~Drav~
19-03-04, 07:38

mines melee :p and i havent shot myself with a moonie coz uh... i cant 8|

jernau
19-03-04, 07:45
Originally posted by Exmond
Gents gents gents! I know exactly what he is saying!

Become a PE that uses APU spells!

Well that makes no sense at all.o_O

~Drav~
19-03-04, 07:51
I think what cdmlotyo's sayin by this combo nonsence is about teams, team with a PPU as as you said jernau the PPU seems to get more INT XP then a APU somewho, plus chuck in a spy, preferably droner, then there is probably some boost from that O_o but who knows O_o

I know I went to graves on my droner, was teamed with crypto's PPU and he got quite a bit of INT XP considering he did feck all :p :angel:

Kenjuten
19-03-04, 07:52
No comment...

I was sorta Option 3 at one point, however it hasn't stopped me from thinking up other ways...

Just a reminder for those that remember that certain interval of my time. =P

By the way, my Int and PSI are currently equal...at about level 43. :( I think. Relatively around there anyway. I do know they're the same level.

I know, I got a LONG way to go, but it'd help if I didn't spend so much time outside of NC, eh? =P

Edit:Teams is a nice alternative idea...hm

I can see it now:

Kenjuten's Droner Spy, now available to help Semi-Capped monks gain incredible Int Exp, just because he's so nice! :p

I'd so do that though. Seriously. :D

But for now...I'll research how to get good Int Exp solo..

jernau
19-03-04, 07:57
Originally posted by ~Drav~
I think what cdmlotyo's sayin by this combo nonsence is about teams, team with a PPU as as you said jernau the PPU seems to get more INT XP then a APU somewho, plus chuck in a spy, preferably droner, then there is probably some boost from that O_o but who knows O_o

I know I went to graves on my droner, was teamed with crypto's PPU and he got quite a bit of INT XP considering he did feck all :p :angel:

The constituent members of a team don't affect the allocation of team XP to the members. That's a common misconception but very easy to prove wrong.

The PPU/APU gain oddity is probably related to some of what scikar was saying though I can't figure out exactly what kind of o_O KK have used this time.

~Drav~
19-03-04, 08:02
Originally posted by jernau
The constituent members of a team don't affect the allocation of team XP to the members. That's a common misconception but very easy to prove wrong.

The PPU/APU gain oddity is probably related to some of what scikar was saying though I can't figure out exactly what kind of o_O KK have used this time.

well...

Look at PE's.. I know that a solo PE can not gain PSI XP outside of missions

Yet 2 PE's teamed will gain PSI XP but level it slow...

Whack a APU in there with equal combat rank and you PE has capped PSI in 2 cave runs ... O_o

Maybe it works on same basis as with spy's

Solo monk (APU or PPU) Will level int slowish as it currently is

Team the APU or PPU with a spy and maybe, just maybe they get a boost to their XP Gain in INT

Im sayin this... because INT is the main stat of a spy, its the one that a spy starts off the most with and gets the extra points in...

Anyway... worth testing atleast heh...

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 09:58
I remember when bombshell spent 2 pages telling people about a secret counter to anti-shock, that only true "veteran" pvpers know. We kept prodding him and prodding him, and he said only the elite few knew. He then explained that it was antishock pill. :lol:

I think this is the same situation. So jernau I would have to say 1 and 3. If it was anyone else, I MIGHT believe them. But since it's Mr Friendly, with his "history" of saying things like this then it turns out to be something everyone knew or "false", it's hard to take it seriously.

Besides, if you wanna keep it secret why keep prattling on and on in this thread? He made like 5-6 posts already about this "Secret" that he won't tell anyone.

"I'm so cool, I have a secret".

:rolleyes:

Oh and Jernau is right about team xp.

Kopaka
19-03-04, 12:22
Originally posted by Ascention
my Base INT is 88 :( but i made this char way before the INT gain.. i wanna know if its made any effect on how quick it lvls now

wtf.. i made my monk before int gain (a week or 4 before) and i had INT 88 when my PSI wasnt even capped, and tho i lommed INT from hack to Poke to PSU and back to poke. currently im 93 INT

.Cyl0n
19-03-04, 12:30
you have a PM mr friendly..i think i know what you`re talking about =P

mishkin
19-03-04, 13:55
I hear something like "omg I wont be able to attain WoC like everyone else!"... WoC is, in my opinion, really supposed to be ass-hard to gain :/

If it isn't, then we will have another StarWars Galaxies on our hands, with everyone becoming jedi's in about 2 months hard playtime...

Go lvl, have fun, and dont whine about the INT... I mean, you will still get the WoC from the psi-powers, if I've understood correctly... if not, I'm looking forward to doing some hardcore lvling during the summer :)

Just a thought....

Proxy - APU // Lance - Spy -- CIX, CM, Pluto

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:13
Originally posted by MjukisDjur
Edit:
there is a world of difference between 88 and 100 int :P

about 100 million points of difference iirc :p

alig
19-03-04, 15:01
There is one fast way to lvl int on a monk. 2 apus and 1 ppu (no n00bs) all within rank range and both apus use rare barrels only to kill anything, has to be a lieutenent run in cave and the ppu shelters them, i got just under 2 mill int in one run...beat that!:D

Spoon
19-03-04, 15:01

Yeah, but it's got to be the most boring way to level in the game.........:o

It's mind-numbingly boring.....:rolleyes:

Clownst0pper
19-03-04, 15:02
MY droner gets 2million XP on both skills for not even half a cave run, droners only have to fart and they beat monk INT gain. :D

K'sbro-

jernau
19-03-04, 17:13
well...

Look at PE's.. I know that a solo PE can not gain PSI XP outside of missions

Yet 2 PE's teamed will gain PSI XP but level it slow...

That's because PE team XP gets distributed between all skills unlike other classes.

Whack a APU in there with equal combat rank and you PE has capped PSI in 2 cave runs ... O_o

I assume "2 cave runs" is just an exageration. Certainly team gain will be higher with an APU along because he can do way more damage than a PE. That gain increase will be matched in all skills though.

Ascension
19-03-04, 18:08
Originally posted by Kopaka
wtf.. i made my monk before int gain (a week or 4 before) and i had INT 88 when my PSI wasnt even capped, and tho i lommed INT from hack to Poke to PSU and back to poke. currently im 93 INT

I forgot 2 add that.. i lommed to poke to cap dex obviously :(

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 19:17

now here's someone whos on track to it...

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 19:21
I remember when bombshell spent 2 pages telling people about a secret counter to anti-shock, that only true "veteran" pvpers know. We kept prodding him and prodding him, and he said only the elite few knew. He then explained that it was antishock pill. :lol:

I think this is the same situation. So jernau I would have to say 1 and 3. If it was anyone else, I MIGHT believe them. But since it's Mr Friendly, with his "history" of saying things like this then it turns out to be something everyone knew or "false", it's hard to take it seriously.

Besides, if you wanna keep it secret why keep prattling on and on in this thread? He made like 5-6 posts already about this "Secret" that he won't tell anyone.

"I'm so cool, I have a secret".

:rolleyes:

Oh and Jernau is right about team xp.

actually ur quite right about my history of giving hints to secrets, but hey, ive been here since beta2, & my friend from beta 1 is still here in-game in my clan, yeah, i dont talk outta my arse like most ppl on this forum

2 ppl have PMd me about the INT xp, i have told one, cuz im friends with em. those who just criticise on this forum aint gunna get shit =)

& oh, bout my history, yeah, remember me sayin bout the tanks using a weapon that can be affective at killing a ppu while rezzing?.....yeah...the flamer with gas mode.....never said it was that weapon but same here, i even think it was u along with some ppl who just said "ha, go talk BS elsewhere" :rolleyes:

jernau
19-03-04, 19:24
Option 3 and a large chunk of NC-myth I reckon then.

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 19:24
Option 3 and a large chunk of NC-myth I reckon then.
its sad how ignorant u are, especially to a neocron veteran, really, it is :rolleyes:

Originally posted by alig
There is one fast way to lvl int on a monk. 2 apus and 1 ppu (no n00bs) all within rank range and both apus use rare barrels only to kill anything, has to be a lieutenent run in cave and the ppu shelters them, i got just under 2 mill int in one run...beat that!:D

one run, 30 mins, 2 PSI lvls ( base 97 to 99), 1 1/2 INT lvls (base 87 to 88)

pwnd :p that was last week

Candaman
19-03-04, 19:29
the reason u tend to find ppu's get better xp is because they added a xp dividend for para'ing and db'ing a mob i think i read it a while ago in patch notes so ppu's get thier share from the team plus a little xtra for db'ing

Glok
19-03-04, 19:34
one run, 30 mins, 2 PSI lvls ( base 97 to 99), 1 1/2 INT lvls (base 87 to 88)20 million xp in 30 minutes? If you say so.

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 19:38
Originally posted by Glok
20 million xp in 30 minutes? If you say so.

yup, actually, i was only 5 or 6 mill away from my next PSI lvl so i guess yeah, bout the same ammount xp with INT

jernau
19-03-04, 19:49
Anyone else getting his BS PMs?

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 20:03
Anyone else getting his BS PMs?

3 others that have PMd me know bout it, cant say the same for ur ignorant self :D

jernau
19-03-04, 20:07
3 others that have PMd me know bout it, cant say the same for ur ignorant self :D

Well all you've sent me is the same drivel you've posted in here.

You can call me "ignorant" all you like if it makes you feel big.

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 20:13
Well all you've sent me is the same drivel you've posted in here.

You can call me "ignorant" all you like if it makes you feel big.

#1: i havent told u nething in ur PMs cuz i aint telin someone like u bout this especially after ur self-knowledged, ignorant thinking comments

#2: quit arguing & go test since u say its BS

#3: lets get back on the topic: monk INT xp

basically, the reg way to lvl witha team in chaos caves is pretty good, but there's ways u can modify & use combos to get alot more INT xp. just do some testing with alot of things, ask around, etc. not that hard, & no ur not stuck havin to do the same lvling with the same ppl, etc.
( & yeah that means keep ur testing in the caves or any other cave/w/e with rank 90+ mobs

Sleawer
19-03-04, 20:14
[nevermind the first part, don't know why I bother]

About the rumor of teaming with spies for better int xp... I haven't tested such thing. The logic theory says it is just a myth, but what is logic in this game anyway :\

Test it before talking, if the guy is wrong then flame him, if he's right then you owe him an apologize... simple as that.

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 20:16
Originally posted by Sleawer
Wargas flamer to kill a ppu roflmao.
Ok we used to toy with that in TG a lot, it never killed my hybrid... let alone a pure PPU :rolleyes:

heh, was better than a CS backthen. basically cuz nobody used one heh

Sleawer
19-03-04, 20:19
Back then rezz was ~6 seconds.

WE used the wargas, it was fun before the poison nerf, but never got the strenght to kill a PPU in that time.

jernau
19-03-04, 20:19
#2: quit arguing & go test since u say its BS

Looking at the list of posters in this thread I seriously doubt there is any combination of teams we haven't all seen a dozen times in those caves. If there was some "magic" combo someone would have seen it ages ago and reported it. You probably believed in the "magic resist formulas" too.:rolleyes:

The way teaming works is very well understood bar a few exact %ages that KK haven't given out. You do not gain more INT/DEX from levelling with spies for instance.

Candaman
19-03-04, 20:23
Looking at the list of posters in this thread I seriously doubt there is any combination of teams we haven't all seen a dozen times in those caves. If there was some "magic" combo someone would have seen it ages ago and reported it. You probably believed in the "magic resist formulas" too.:rolleyes:

Lol he has a couple of his own theories yes

The way teaming works is very well understood bar a few exact %ages that KK haven't given out. You do not gain more INT/DEX from levelling with spies for instance.

/edit - you claim you were in B2 and your mate was in B1 yet your sig implies you are in the US. :lol:

I agree 100% jernau if u lvl with a apu they will get u more xp to ur main stat and 2ndary stat due to barrels doing more dmg but going with spies to get more int is just stoopid otherwise would not ur dex go up from lvling with a spy. No cus dex xp can only be got through missions.

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 20:23
Originally posted by Sleawer
Back then rezz was ~6 seconds.

WE used the wargas, it was fun before the poison nerf, but never got the strenght to kill a PPU in that time.

exactly my point heh :p BEFORE the poison nerf

sad nobody saw that except for a few :\

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 20:24
lmao Cylon, nice sig. I haven't clicked it yet, but it's hard to fight the urge. :D

Originally posted by mishkin
I hear something like "omg I wont be able to attain WoC like everyone else!"... WoC is, in my opinion, really supposed to be ass-hard to gain :/

If it isn't, then we will have another StarWars Galaxies on our hands, with everyone becoming jedi's in about 2 months hard playtime...

Go lvl, have fun, and dont whine about the INT... I mean, you will still get the WoC from the psi-powers, if I've understood correctly... if not, I'm looking forward to doing some hardcore lvling during the summer :)

Just a thought....

Proxy - APU // Lance - Spy -- CIX, CM, Pluto

That makes no sense. We're merely asking for our INT WoC skil lto be gained at a similar pace to everyone else. If everyone's main skills related to wot, gained at the rate monk int XP did, then your post MIGHT contain some validity. Fairness. That's all.

mdares
19-03-04, 20:24
well if you mean combo by team combos, then i'm not sure if thats really a secret or antyhing... and also which caves you go to can have a huge effect as well... (as in catlock > crp > tg)

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 20:26

obviously ur not noticing beta 1 & 2 was almost 3 years ago ....@_@...maybe 4
& i wasnt a programmer er anything, just a tester, so i didnt have to relocate to HQs

Originally posted by mdares
well if you mean combo by team combos, then i'm not sure if thats really a secret or antyhing... and also which caves you go to can have a huge effect as well... (as in catlock > crp > tg)

that might have sumthin to do with it ;) :p

jernau
19-03-04, 20:30
obviously ur not noticing beta 1 & 2 was almost 3 years ago ....@_@...maybe 4

I'm not sure what your point is there.

I do know that your reg date and nationality make it highly likely you started in Open Beta 4.

Progenitor
19-03-04, 20:46
Sorry to jump in late, . . .

I know the Monk class really isn't like it use to be.

But I know I capped INT on my monk a few weeks after the 188 patch bumped the gain up a bit. And that was only 2-3 levels I had to get.

Granted, I probably did the first 80-odd levels of INT as a hybrid where I could solo the caves for hours on end. Things were easier back then (sigh - I miss the good old days!)

But I probably got just as much if not more XP post hybrid as pure apu.

Somewhere, lost in the piles of paper that accumulate around my computers, I have writen down the various caves and what weapon I used FA, HL, FB, EB and what kind of XP I got for using each and I do remember getting slightly better resulsts from the rares. I ruined a lot of armor and spells doing it, and god knows how many thousands of boosters.

Smaller teams were always better.

I sometimes got the best XP gain by just having a PE as a partner. But not all the time.

I can remember getting near a million INT xp gain on good runs, when my INT was in the 90's And that was under the pittifully slow old xp gain. I would think it would be so much better now.

Has INT gain changed any since the 188 patch? If not, why does it sound like everyone is having a hard time getting there?

-p

mdares
19-03-04, 20:52
naw it hasnt changed but some of us still just thinks its unfair compaired to other classes that our secondary trait lvls at a torrid pace while the same for other classes lvl MUCH faster.

and yeah small teams are ubar... its even more so with droners... 10 mil int/10 mil dex a run... cappage is easy.

its not hard to get a few mil psi as an apu; not hard a few mil int as a ppu with a decent apu... but for the apu to get a few mil int requires extra efforts... which is something other classes dont have to deal with :(

Clownst0pper
19-03-04, 22:03
The best way is 1 apu, 1 ppu, 2 pistol/rifle spys.

Gets the best INT gain for a monk u can get o_O

Mr Friendly
19-03-04, 22:04
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
The best way is 1 apu, 1 ppu, 2 pistol/rifle spys.

Gets the best INT gain for a monk u can get o_O

close, but nope :P

mdares
19-03-04, 23:04
droner... droners are sexy...

Kenjuten
20-03-04, 00:35
Wanted to inquire, since this is still going on..

Say someone researches or implants in a team. Do the others gain exp for each imp or res?

SilKK
20-03-04, 21:48
why is monk int gain so shit?

is there a reason for it to gain so slow

i dunno about the rest of you but i like to cap my chracters but i dont see that happeneing on my apu or my ppu ever without spending all my days left on neocron in a cave leveling

so if there is a good reason why monk int is supposed to be cyber slow feel free to post it

me personally would like to a substational increase in the int exp gained while leveling and hope in the next patch to see a good increase

thx and goodbye

Silkk,Kazzam,Ding Dong

^^

my first thread wahha

Vithar
20-03-04, 21:53
Threads merged.

SilKK, please do not open a new thread when one already exists on the same topic. ;)

Vithar