PDA

View Full Version : APU leveling tweaks needed....

MisterP
18-03-04, 22:21
Firstly, monks INT caps at 100 lvls same as PSI. My question is why doesnt it level at the same amount as psi? or very close to? At the minute is laughable.

Secondly, the Holy Thunderstorm! What a rubbish spell, its worse than the 1st energy barrel, the holy energy barrel is miles miles better. So please please please make it reflect its 107TL!

Both points are quite important to me as a long-term apu... For the forum campers/spammers - dont even bother, go play the game or something
;) Constructive comments only :p

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 22:23
duuno bout thunderstorm but firestorm pwnz any barrel

150 odd mana = 5 seconds of 200 + ticks on ANY mob

holy nrg barrel 40 odd mana .. needs tobe cast 5/6 times to create same dmg 40x5 = 180 ...

/me rests case

as for leveling .. live with it .. it'd be nice if it were higher but its s'ok atm

Ormy
18-03-04, 22:25
Didn't KK give us a good reason for the slow INT leveling? or did everybody just give up whining about that one?

Do a search on it, there's been hundreds of threads on that, in the meantime, research for your INT or something :p

MisterP
18-03-04, 22:27
Originally posted by MisterP
For the forum campers/spammers - dont even bother, go play the game or something ;)

...also ONLY talking about INT lvling for Apus, and Holy Thunderstorm spell - nothing else :)

@ Ormy, I do agree there were a few threads a while back, but Im an 'APU monk' not a researching trade-skill spy. There shouldn't be any reason for me to research. It doesnt fit even in roll-play terms.

Ascension
18-03-04, 22:58
Originally posted by MisterP
Firstly, monks INT caps at 100 lvls same as PSI. My question is why doesnt it level at the same amount as psi? or very close to? At the minute is laughable.

Secondly, the Holy Thunderstorm! What a rubbish spell, its worse than the 1st energy barrel, the holy energy barrel is miles miles better. So please please please make it reflect its 107TL!

Both points are quite important to me as a long-term apu... For the forum campers/spammers - dont even bother, go play the game or something
;) Constructive comments only :p

They need to sort this else every class but monks will be able to do this:

1.17 Wisdom of Ceres Skills

The Wisdom of Ceres (WoC) Skills can only be attained by capped players. E.g. If a tank has reached strength 100, he can continue to gain XP. To reach the first level of WoC-strength, he will not only have to gain a lot of XP, but also find a certain artifact, as well as an NPC that will train him. WoC skills will give you access to a diversity of powerful items like weapons and tools.

mdares
18-03-04, 22:59
wut i've found is that apu int lvling is much slower compared to that of a ppu... and as an apu you cant afford to have an int tradeskill without gimpage but you can with a ppu... so yeah up the gains plz...

and while firestorm does mroe dmg, i still prefer holy energy barrel cuz i can run cast spam that baby... :D

t0tt3
18-03-04, 23:30
Why use a spell that you can cast twice on each pool and a RoF below 30.... :lol: yea its horrible!!!!!

To make it up make the barrel stay longer its a freaking rare ffs!

So up the mana to 200 and make it stay for 10 - 15 s then it would do some sort of dmg, and you would see it to. :rolleyes:

MisterP
19-03-04, 00:15
Just up the time it stays there :D

And increase RoF! :cool:

J. Folsom
19-03-04, 00:21
Originally posted by mdares
wut i've found is that apu int lvling is much slower compared to that of a ppu... That's only seeming, as the team experience you get as a PPU would be equally divided were the experience modifier for both set to the same. Since the int modifier's 0.5 though, you actually get roughly half the experience in Int that you get in Psi.

APU levelling in comparison seems slower, since I (think) they get roughly a quarter of the experience in intelligence compared to their Psi. I posted (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=1267495#post1267495) the reasoning behind that slightly more then a week ago.

EDIT: PPU levelling with just a soul cluster should go at roughly the same speed as APU levelling, though that's a bit hard to test at the moment wit the current... oddity... in soul cluster behaviour.

Shadow Dancer
19-03-04, 00:25
Originally posted by Ormy
Didn't KK give us a good reason for the slow INT leveling?

No.

If they did, I'd love to hear it.

As for the barrels. Holy firestorm is awesome for PvM. But crap for pvp. Yes yes, I know it's semi useful to barrel the UG with along with 3 other apus, but that doesn't make it a good spell for pvp. :rolleyes:

Holy pestilence is both crap in pvm and pvp. Same goes for Holy Firestorm. But at least that is somewhat decent for pvm. Holy pestilence takes the cake though, when it comes to useless APU rares.

Oh wait, normal antibuff is 1st place, pestilence is 2nd. :p

For the slow int gain monks have, I think that 90 should be the cap. And those 10 poins added elsewhere.

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 00:30
45 dex! :lol:

10 extra con would be elite :)

mdares
19-03-04, 02:26
i want 10 extra con... or maybe 5 con and 5 dex =)

Glok
19-03-04, 02:28
5 con and 5 str. Why? Anti-gamma leg and foot. :D

cRazy2003
19-03-04, 02:29
then youd have to take 5 and 5 off either psi int or str and each class i think has 300 levels to cap completely

mdares
19-03-04, 02:35
well yeah since we;re proposing to make INT cap 90 not 100, theres 10 lvls ...

and hum 10 more in str would be sweet too i guess :D

MisterP
19-03-04, 13:28
I'd love to see this implemented

*cough* devs *cough* :D :D

Miles better than what it is at the minute, Con or Str, doesnt matter to me....

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 13:31
Originally posted by Ormy
research for your INT or something :p
wow... you really are an amusing fellow... i cant think of a worse way to level INT than researching O_o

Glok
19-03-04, 13:32
Actually researching high level items gives a lot of int, but it is the most boring thing you can do.

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 13:39
well ask around Uranus and see how long NC Junkie has been researching... gimme a few hours and i can tell you exactly what my (NC Junkie's) int XP is. researching XP is shit. it has been for as long as i remember (although im sure it was higher ages ago... i cant remember how high)

Glok
19-03-04, 13:41
Does researching an E part still give 50k int? It used to...

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 13:46
tbh im not sure... but considering the last like 15 levels is about 100 million XP i dont see 50k as alot :)

MisterP
19-03-04, 14:15
I dont think its anywhere near 50k for a E :(

Psyco Groupie
19-03-04, 14:30
even if researching was good exp .. its more cost effective and fun to just go and level .. :rolleyes:

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:30
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
even if researching was good exp .. its more cost effective and fun to just go and level .. :rolleyes:

not with 188 research, 0 wep lore, 3 PSI, 140 REP, 0 pistol, 0 rifle, 0 hc, 0 melee, 0 APU

then it sucks :p

jernau
19-03-04, 18:08
Originally posted by Glok
Actually researching high level items gives a lot of int, but it is the most boring thing you can do.

TL122 drone = 15,398 INT XP in 66 seconds.

Candaman
19-03-04, 19:01
hrhrhr its laughable that u think that ppu int is easier to lvl becuase they can tradeskill unfortunately they cannot go and farm any xp on thier own but its ok they can ress rares for 10k in xp lollerskates. Apu's can go out solo chaos caves barrel this and that and get shed loads of xp ppu's can hit mobs with parabolt @ 50dmg a hit i'd prefer to cap @ apu and then lom

MisterP
19-03-04, 19:48
Cmon KK, some sort of response? plsssss :angel:

mdares
19-03-04, 20:28
o one thing i noticed a while back for ppus was that back when SCs used to work, using em to take out firemobs gave fairly decent exp... i would res while the SC killed mobs... get like 200k-500k exp in psi and 1/4 that in int per cast...

but since ressing still sux...

i say we just make int cap at 90 and stick 10 into str or con :D

Kenjuten
19-03-04, 22:10
@ Shadow Dancer:

The reasoning they gave like a shitload while ago was so that they don't compete with Spies in Tradeskilling...

But you saw that in another thread, I think :wtf: