PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Msn

ZoomZoom
18-03-04, 21:15
i dunno why i cant sign in and my mates isnt having the same problem.... anyone no how to fix this

btw ive restarted my computer and my internet is working fine. also i was on my msn like 30 mins ago

screenie:
http://picserver.student.utwente.nl/view_image.php/7329B687X343/picserver.jpeg

Doc Holliday
18-03-04, 21:17
its borked. i cant log in either. nvm

Load_HeavyLoad
18-03-04, 21:18
same but it says my pass is wrong and when i go try and change it it says i cant for security reasons O_o

ZoomZoom
18-03-04, 21:21
ah fuck :(

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 21:23
mines working thru a proxy too .. whahaha

Ascension
18-03-04, 21:56
Yup im gettin this 2

Ormy
18-03-04, 21:58
Microshaft's MSN servers go fucky like this sometimes, give it a few hours it'll come back.

Max Jefferson
18-03-04, 21:58
I got the same problem here :P
Must be a problem with the oh-so-invincible MSN servers. ;)

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 21:59
Originally posted by Max Jefferson
I got the same problem here :P
Must be a problem with the oh-so-invincible MSN servers. ;)

Or some of, seeing as im online ... ner ner nere nrenrnenrnernerrrr

HellBreaker
18-03-04, 22:08
i can't sign in to , again! the second time this month:mad:

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 22:21
just look through logs of your last cyber sex with hotchix1231230

Maruso
18-03-04, 22:47
same problem in switzerland :p

Ascension
18-03-04, 22:56
mines back up :)

jernau
19-03-04, 04:15
It happens every now and then. I had it today and on Friday but it's working now.

It's their routers usually - unless they've let their domain names expire again. :p

Check the usual tech-sites (Register, Inquirer, etc.) and I'm sure it'll get a mention if it's serious (or funny/stupid).

Sheba
19-03-04, 06:22
Originally posted by ZoomZoom
i dunno why i cant sign in and my mates isnt having the same problem.... anyone no how to fix this

btw ive restarted my computer and my internet is working fine. also i was on my msn like 30 mins ago

screenie:

You should give ICQ a try. I have been useing it for about 7-10 years? Dang can't even recall exactly how many years..
But you can use either advanced or basic mode and it does just about everything and then some. Best of all its free!
Heres the link if you want to take a look..also here's my ICQ# if you need some help getting setup. :)
www.icq.com

jernau
19-03-04, 06:38
Not much help if all his mates are on MSN. ;)

There are several clients that combine both of course. Trillian seems to be the biggest one though a few people have recommended another to me recently (can't remember name atm).

I have both but almost never use ICQ now just because everyone I know moved to MSN. Personally I think the MSN client is nicer so I'm happy with that.

/edit - not that it matters what client you use if the server/network is fecked.

Pwnage
19-03-04, 07:37
Originally posted by Sheba

6 digit number. There's an EARLY ICQ user.

MSN is for n00bs, ICQ is for l33ts.

Can't prove otherwise.

jernau
19-03-04, 07:44
Originally posted by Pwnage
MSN is for n00bs, ICQ is for l33ts.

Both are for noobs.

IRC and usenet are for pros.

:p

Sheba
19-03-04, 08:33
Originally posted by jernau
Not much help if all his mates are on MSN. ;)
/edit - not that it matters what client you use if the server/network is fecked.

But if its down alot would not hurt to have a backup? As for MSN (windows messenger?) I have always resented the way it loads with MS explorer wheather I want it to or not. So I have been rather stubborn about changing from ICQ. And IRC is also nice as was mentioned in another post, but if I recall (from prior use) it has a much higher learning curve then most of the instant messenger programs?
Bottom line use whatever hooks you up with your friends!

LVirus
19-03-04, 08:37
I got ICQ number 7 digit starting with 13xxxxx :p

~Drav~
19-03-04, 08:37
Originally posted by Sheba
You should give ICQ a try. I have been useing it for about 7-10 years? Dang can't even recall exactly how many years..
But you can use either advanced or basic mode and it does just about everything and then some. Best of all its free!
Heres the link if you want to take a look..also here's my ICQ# if you need some help getting setup. :)
www.icq.com

god damn it lol your only the second person i know that has a older ICQ number then me :p hell yours is alooooooot older then mine O_o 71802097... damn you and your 6 digits :p :lol: ive had mine for about uhh 7 years now i think...

[€] oh feck you aswell LV :p

jernau
19-03-04, 09:15
I don't think I've had the same ICQ number for more than 2 years ever. I usually forget/lose it and/or the password every few re-installs and just make a new one then email it to anyone that might want it.

Garg [RogueNET]
19-03-04, 12:13
your MSN prob, can also be cause of a firewall in ur router or whatever ur using... a mate of mine got that problem, so he cant use MSN...

DigestiveBiscui
19-03-04, 12:17
nah

MSN has been really bad this week - i have no router etc and still get the messgae shown above

its not a problem with you net connection - its a problem with them

Neocrons_coward
20-03-04, 02:07
Originally posted by ZoomZoom

screenie:

try this method

1, press ctrl alt delte.. Ensure it is properly shut down. If not click END TASK and end it that way.. Now bottom right hand side ensure the icon has gone..

2, Start>programs>msn and reload it.. If you have it on automatic sign in then it should kick up again.. Has it worked??

If yes stop reading.. If not continue..
Righht take off the automatic sign in by clicking on retry.. Delete your username out of the box and password and then re ewnter it.. This will disable the automatic sign in.. Has it worked??

If not disable firewalls and other objects.. Try this ev ery half an hour for five hours if no luck then MSN is down.. In ypour area or your pc refuses to comment with it

Psyco Groupie
20-03-04, 02:18
I had a 6 digit ICQ .. i even know it .. wish i knew the PW too .. lmao

Glok
20-03-04, 02:22
8 digits. I'm not leet. :(