PDA

View Full Version : Tech support are stumped and so am i.

greendonkeyuk
18-03-04, 19:28
Ok heres the story, i desperately need help.

Ive been to tech support already and conversed with them via email for several days. ive followed the chaps instructions to the letter. i have to say credit for the help too but im still lost and the tech support guy was too. now the situation so far.

ive jus reinstalled neocron a week ago on to a brand new system (formatted hdd, new board chip n ram and old gfx card and sound) and ive got some weird rpos bugs. Its as though i have my rpos walk enabled when im accessing a gogu. my mouse doesnt respond properly either. when im accessing a gogu/dead monster i right click as normal and the screen appears with the mobs inv etc but i can still move but cant take anything out of the inv untill i have pressed another button either tab or double clicked the mouse (usualy with both buttons). Also sometimes my left mouse button has to get hammered to shoot/spell cast and at others it sticks down as though the button has stuck and my gun is on autofire.

Now my solution so far. Ive reinstalled my mouse drivers (used basic windows 2k ones also) im using microsoft intellimouse wireless blue jobby btw. my processor is 2ghz 128 mg geofroce4 ti card, soundblaster live and 256 ddr. im thinking it might be a memory issue myself as i used to have 512 sd and it worked fine on my old board. unfortunately that blew up. hence new pc. ive changed the actual mouse itself (which works on my bros pc and everything there is fine). ive reinstalled about 5 times. ive reinstalled off 2 sets of disks (we bought two copies of the game originally) and ive disabled EVERYthing i can think of within windows when im playing the game. My fps rate is up massively with the new board etc but getting this problem is really makin the game fuckin annoying. has anyone heard of this problem/fixed it as tech support bless their cotton socks have tried to help but dont seem to help so you all are a last resort.

Thanks in advance and to anyone who can help.... SEX!

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 19:32
umm movement in rpos for the mob thing ?

intelli mouse blue thing ? blue tooth or just blue ?

install the proper intelli drivers ...

greendonkeyuk
18-03-04, 19:36
blue coloured mouse intelli mouse and yes tried that. my camera angle is locked to whatever angle it is when i "open" the mob inventory and my avatar stays facin the same way but i can walk about albeit doomed to face that way.

got a pm from honeypot, gonna give that a go now. i have changed mice however so im thinking its a mouse driver issue. *crossing fingers.

Archeus
18-03-04, 20:57
wireless mouse? try moving the base station and the mouse further away from the monitor.

Nexxy
18-03-04, 21:02
It sounds like when you press the right mouse button neocron cant tell that youve let go of it so its like the mouse button it still held down. So im guessing it has to be a problem with either the mouse (but if it works ok outside i dont think it can be that) or the software. You sure you installed the right version for your OS? I dunno...

extract
18-03-04, 21:02
edit: just woke up and asked a question to which u had already answered.....sorry Ive got no help =(

___T-X____
18-03-04, 23:47
rofl, i have a look this weekend

Invertigo
18-03-04, 23:56
this happens to me when i hold down my mouse 2 button (my run) if i continue to hold it down while i click use on somthing, i can run adn move around, untill i click off of run.

do you have it so your char runs automatically by itself or do you hold down a button to run?

maybe its getting stuck somehow... or if you have the option on to run all the time, maybe thats the problem... i would try messing with that.

G.0.D.
19-03-04, 00:19
Errm sounds like a problem with your mouse, Buy a new one for 4-5 bucks and see if that works.

Scikar
19-03-04, 00:39
If you open up a gogo then unplug the keyboard can you take items out? It's always good to make sure you can discount everything else completely.

Divide
19-03-04, 01:25
I had a ms mouse that was intermitant-- call ms and have them ship you a new one, that should fix your problem... if not, you have a free mouse