PDA

View Full Version : The 5 things list again

phunqe
18-03-04, 17:03
So... This has been done before. I think my list is still good for my tastes. What about yours? (Exclude bugs and FREs please :p)
Also, I've choosen to exclude nerfs/boosts out of my list for now.

I am still very keen on 2) or any derivative of it :D

1) Information tags on players. I.e when someone focus the reticle on you and sees you name, clan tag etc, he/she also sees a little tag with some information. Could be like "I'm poking TL115" or "Trading tank rare parts".

2) Make a item in the inventory bound to a hot key. Let like 5 hotkeys be avaiable for use (like ctrl-a or whatever, customizeable in options). Each of these 5 hotkeys can then be assigned to one item respectively in the inventory. For example, you have a medkit in the inventory, you right click on it and the usual menu pops up, but also 5 alternatives (key 1, key 2 etc). If you select on of these keys here it means that everytime you hit the hotkey it will "use" the item one time. Perfect for medkits, booster or what not. I think all classes would benefit from this.

3) Make "Trader union" a playable faction.

4) Make it possible to send mail to all clan members. Also make it possible to send a mail to multiple recipients.

5) Introduce dynamic object such as "Store counter", "Wall sign" (i.e, you can put a text in it like "Jeff's beverages" and put in on a wall). All the objects should be placeable inside or just outside an appartment.

5b) In conjuction with 5) you should be able to set security on an appartment. E.g, Self only, clan only, faction only, faction friends and all. This should exend to clan appartments as well, but there also with the option to set which ranks should be able to open the clan apt and/or cabinets (like level 10-15).

Jesterthegreat
18-03-04, 17:11
1. shared apts (with security as you said) and cabs (ditto)

2. heals 50% effective foraign cast (no difference self cast) (imo not a nerf.. .an adjustment... but see 2b if you wont accept that)

2b. PA (or visable armopur if you like) for tradeskillers. even if it has no bonuses, you can see someones rough level by looking at armour colour

3. certain ingame forums accessable via these official forums (with forum accounts linked to ingame account anyway it should just be a matter of choosing a char name to post with on them)

4. make OP's worth taking... aside from factory / lab (and fortress if you wanna fight) OP's are useless apart from the money O_o

5. spawn rate / stability of MC5 (not goin too deep into FRE / bugs as you said :p)

phunqe
18-03-04, 17:17
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
4. make OP's worth taking... aside from factory / lab (and fortress if you wanna fight) OP's are useless apart from the money O_o

Yeah, making OPs more exciting and worthy would be really nice. Now it's like "Ok, someone attacked our op. Bummer", "Ok then, we can take an op since we don't have anything else to do". Even going through a warzone isn't that special. You walk pass the op, and that's it.
Make it worth visiting, make it worth holding.
OPs might have own NFs, racetracks, duelgrounds, whatever :)
You could even have tunnels connecting certain OPs.
Also, introduce the mining tool again. Some OPs could then be used as mining centrals where you mine for the clan, or your could pay a small sum to the owning clan to use it... etc etc :)

Sure, this would be really nice if we hade more people on each server :(

ezza
18-03-04, 17:18
umm well apart from the obvious bug fixes etc.

id say gimme the 3 stars for tankzors

make more cutomisable PA, diffrent designs, colors etc

red SL viable.

non rares viable, so TPC should be as useful as CS, but Diffrence is CS is easier to get the 120 stats and you get a swirly.

also give tanks a anti ppu one shot kill weapon, just cos i sayso

other than that make all monks hybrid and balance from there

.Cyl0n
18-03-04, 17:20
1.Bring back _balanced_ hybrids and tone down pure monks

2.Fix noob buffs and turrets

3.Make Anarchy breed and Trader Union a viable faction

4.Bring Doy on time...

5.Make belts pickupable or bring back the old drops

do that and i`m happy :)
sure there are alot more things but those 4 are most important for me atm^^

/€ aaah forgot one :D

Neocrons_coward
18-03-04, 17:24
u missed out the bit that says

NO BELTS DROPPED BELOW A BOX... BECAUSE ZEON CANT HACK THEM :(

BTW if ur not on my code 5 list u can get ur items back for a small fee... if its something u can buy in shops then u get it back for free.. If its a rare ill give it back with a price of around 200k if its worth more than 1 mill.. I aint an arse but someone needs to make a living.. However if your on my code 5 list which some people are... except no items returned.. just sold to other people.

msg for r3din 3: your rare m8 u gonna ave to talk to the guy who i sold it to to get it back.. im no longer respoinsible

Strych9
18-03-04, 17:25
1. In game motivations for killing runners of like level or higher, and penalties for killing runners of a lower level.

2. Ability to share apartments with people of your choosing, regardless of clan or LE status.

3. Levelling areas comparable to the Chaos Caves made available for every faction easily... i.e. walk out front door and have primo levelling spot available.

4. Some sort of expanded quickbelt/more slots.

5. Specific motivations/penalties for people being/staying a particular faction

Zith Caldir
18-03-04, 18:02
1) fix the clipping plane.
i'm tired of seeing dead bodies or belts or backpacks or anything like that underneith a pile of boxes...i'm tired of seeing people walk through walls and disappearing (it's mainly cause of lag, but something could be done about where you see them walk)

2) give us more things to do as a faction
why do people join certain factions? to get to a lvling area? to join the huge clan at the time? for the epic? i wanna have more things like epics...i just...want something to DO...

3) fix neofrag score counter
i dunno about anyone else, but i'd like to see it count your kills and deaths...not just deaths and have your name disappear after you leave

4) change around some weapon models
why does a plasma wave look exactly like a plasma cannon? both plasma, but different weapons all together... that, and i think some weapons could really use a different look...snipers got a new look and it was fabulous. do that to some more weapons and why does a plasma pistol look so huge in first person mode, while third person it's tiny? it takes up half the screen damn near...

5) bring back cash cubes
i know cash cubes were infinately abusable back in betas...i admit, i duped the shit out of them (not gonna tell you how) but the way i did it is no longer viable, cause that was fixed. many many other ways of abusing cubes were fixed... so how about bring them back for another go? if people find a way to exploit them, fix it, don't remove. same goes for every other "feature" in the game... fix first... remove bad...

RuButt
18-03-04, 18:52
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat

2b. PA (or visable armopur if you like) for tradeskillers. even if it has no bonuses, you can see someones rough level by looking at armour colour

Or just make the rare gloves show on yer char :p

Jesterthegreat
18-03-04, 19:00
Originally posted by RuButt
Or just make the rare gloves show on yer char :p

hmm... my (no glove / boost / lab) TL 188 resser obviously wont be trusted for his lack in PA :p

i was thinkin store bught PA, purely to (partly) stop scammers