PDA

View Full Version : wow post deleted?

Moofausa
18-03-04, 05:23
Here's a thought? Fix the con setups? no matter what you do to your con your going to take so much dmg, I have 114 energy resist on my PE all I'm telling you and with a shelter and heal I die within 4 HLs which is totally bullshit. Number one thing that pissed me off is that I died in stealth, fucking fix something.

Gotterdammerung
18-03-04, 05:25
control yourself when you post, ranting gets you one thing, a closed thread

Kenjuten
18-03-04, 05:25
I just think you should chill out, dude...

I managed to read your post before it got 'deleted'...

Lemme think a tick.

Hm..

Is HL AoE? And by that I mean, does it go to one target specifically or not?

This might have to do with it...might. *shrug*

Edit: You're a PE? Lemme see somethin'...

Yep, just as I thought...

Even with maxed Resist Energy and pure Energy Armor, you still get only about 75% enemy reduction and recieve only 10% PvP damage.

For this alone I think you should reconsider what you're doing and saying...because HL is a damaging spell after all.

101 Holy lightning PSI=101 APU=115 MST=83 0.4 57552 / 3839 6 x T 33 264 105 675-2337 enr

Oh, what's 10% PvP damage?

Anywhere from 67.5dmg to 237dmg. And this is with the spell being only at 100% damage potential, I think...

If you weren't healing, of course you'd die in 4 HL's.

And even if you were, it'd be hard for you to survive all 4 in succession.

I rest my case, for now.

As for the stealth...they must've seen through you or broke your stealth and you didn't notice it.

Moofausa
18-03-04, 05:28
A PE 114 Energy resist all energy armor on including medium belt with pp resist in, also tried pure fire armor on no difference I dont know how this shit is possible. and how I die in stealth when HL is direct dmg weapon APU spell Holy Lightning.

Moofausa
18-03-04, 05:36
Out of 30 people that saw my post are you all stumped because I am , how about they fuck DoY for another month and just fix the fucking bugs in this game dont gimp weapons and shit. FIX THE DAMN GAME BEFORE U TWEAK SHIT HOW ABOUT THAT

Invertigo
18-03-04, 05:38
Originally posted by Moofausa
A PE 114 Energy resist all energy armor on including medium belt with pp resist in, also tried pure fire armor on no difference I dont know how this shit is possible. and how I die in stealth when HL is direct dmg weapon APU spell Holy Lightning.

theres this thing called lag, it happens alot to us people who live in california:p

youll stealth and you can get up to like 3 HL hits on you, because to them your not even stelathed yet, PLUS if they start casting it before you stealth, it will still hit you.

theres also a bug i think that makes it so somtimes you can actually see people who are stealthed.. but im not to sure about that...

its probably mostly just lag though

Rai Wong
18-03-04, 07:03
You know anyone dies from HL in 3-5 hits, and anyone gets hit in stealth, just one word "fucked"

StryfeX
18-03-04, 07:23
There was some sort of bug reported and discussed that had to do with other people being able to see and/or hit you.

I don't remember the exact details, but search for it if you want to.

In regards to the strength of HL, yeah it is pretty damn stong, but I actually haven't PvP'ed any after the patch and come across an APU so I can't really comment as of now.

--Stryfe

LiL T
18-03-04, 08:44
No no no apu's they die so easyly so they must be able to kill us in 4 hl hits. Its plain to see its overpowered the damage omg the damage what about the freqencey and the fact it hits you through walls :rolleyes:

-FN-
18-03-04, 09:34
Originally posted by Kenjuten
I just think you should chill out, dude...

Why would he do that. This is the guy who bitches and moans in TRADE and OOC about OP activity... that doesn't even involve his clan o_O

But when people come here to the forums to go spastic time and time again, it's a nice reminder of how much weight you can put behind their in-game bitching.

s0apy
18-03-04, 10:59
resists work jus fine.

HL is a very powerful spell.

HL does random damage so you might want to test it out more than once.

there is a big difference between being capped on your HL, and only just meeting the reqs - capped REALLY hurts.

when someone is firing HL at you, and you are a PE, you kill them with your pain easer BEFORE they kill you with the HL.

ok?

Rade
18-03-04, 11:03
[edited violation of fourm rules][freya]

Candaman
18-03-04, 11:16
Originally posted by -FN-
Why would he do that. This is the guy who bitches and moans in TRADE and OOC about OP activity... that doesn't even involve his clan o_O

But when people come here to the forums to go spastic time and time again, it's a nice reminder of how much weight you can put behind their in-game bitching.

Aswell as giving out clan comms details from his old clan to their enemies and noob buffing with basic 2 and rifle one when his former clan are getting prepped to gr out. Lame o_O

Oh and moof if u can't do a good setup then reroll and stopwhine kthnxbye

Kopaka
18-03-04, 13:19
Originally posted by Rai Wong
You know anyone dies from HL in 3-5 hits

ahhh my PE got hit 6 times and had like 1/4 health left o_O

the APU who shot had capped HL

extract
18-03-04, 14:41
Originally posted by Kopaka

I agree, if Im self buffed and healing I can take an assload of HL hits on my PE....Ive got a pretty decent con setup, but at a sacraficed run speed...Im pretty much a turret, which doesnt matter cause with shit resist and fast run speed 2 shots and ur legs are gone anyways so its ok I run slow cause I laugh off most damage, and it buys me time to get those fatal shots in....Im really surprised to see this many people complaining about HL, Ive got hit with it a fair bit, and honestly cant say I see a difference now as compared to what it was before the nerf(you know the one that never shouldve happened)

what happens is you people more than likely get used to certain blunders like the imfamous whiner tanks who KNEW dev and other tank weapons got an unintentional damage increase, yet still whined when they were dropped back down.....

Jesterthegreat
18-03-04, 14:49
Originally posted by extract
what happens is you people more than likely get used to certain blunders like the imfamous whiner tanks who KNEW dev and other tank weapons got an unintentional damage increase, yet still whined when they were dropped back down.....

i got a dev the day after the nerf patch... but i thought the dev damage didnt change before then, i thought it was like that since it as released?

now i am hardly a noob, but hnot everyone keeps track of everything O_o

and yes, dev was too powerfull. but now its useless. i have a 4 slot that i use to level with ffs. thats how usefull it is (and i dont even do that anymore)

dev has horrible range, and at point blank it should out damage a CS. its the old PPU argument "we cant kill so we should be invinsible!!1!11oneoneone" well... "dev's have no range so they should do decent damage... cos right now they couldnt scratch a spy" O_o

extract
18-03-04, 14:54
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
i got a dev the day after the nerf patch... but i thought the dev damage didnt change before then, i thought it was like that since it as released?

now i am hardly a noob, but hnot everyone keeps track of everything O_o

and yes, dev was too powerfull. but now its useless. i have a 4 slot that i use to level with ffs. thats how usefull it is (and i dont even do that anymore)

dev has horrible range, and at point blank it should out damage a CS. its the old PPU argument "we cant kill so we should be invinsible!!1!11oneoneone" well... "dev's have no range so they should do decent damage... cos right now they couldnt scratch a spy" O_o

well I havent seen the "new" dev in action, but I dont beleve a dev should outdamage a CS in any circumstance point blank or not, its 7 TLs lower...

El_MUERkO
18-03-04, 15:02
Moof if this is based on last nights fighting in PP u'r energy resists do suck, i was using a high voltage BoH = Energy+Energy damage and i had you and woopin running like girls, only thing that worried me was woopins big stick but even still 2 on 1 u ran to p3 alot more than me :)

Jesterthegreat
18-03-04, 15:19
well I havent seen the "new" dev in action, but I dont beleve a dev should outdamage a CS in any circumstance point blank or not, its 7 TLs lower...

so... in your opinion what should the advantage of a dev be?

the ravager has its aim / range over the CS... thats 5 TL's lower than CS but has advantages.

the stacks on a dev is an advantage... but not when it is outdone by a CS direct damage anyway... theres no point getting stacks off when a CS would do better anyway.

its like the wyatt / lib situation.

lib is hard to aim (compaired to some things), but when you get a load connecting it dishes out punishment.

a wyatt is single shot, but with a few stacks it is worth it.

thats well done IMO, a wyatt can be used to about the same degree as a lib.

however the dev has no real advantage as is, except the poison damage, which was nerfed (fairly, but too much) in the patch. yes... it did too much damage, but it now does too little to be worth using

Egeon
18-03-04, 15:23
Originally posted by Kopaka

Same to me. Dunno how you manage to die by 3-4 HL hits with shelter Moofausa. I take at least 4 without shelter...

Lafiel
18-03-04, 15:26
seems like u just suck moof... when i play MaN i never die to 4 hits from hl o_0

Rai Wong
18-03-04, 16:26
make APUS killable at least, when in op fights. I tried using a PE on an APU with PPU utter crap.

extract
18-03-04, 16:29
Originally posted by Rai Wong
make APUS killable at least, when in op fights. I tried using a PE on an APU with PPU utter crap.

apus are killable, what u should say is make all classes easier to kill with a PPU up their ass.....but then what would be the point of having a PPU right?

El_MUERkO
18-03-04, 16:33
/\ what he said, any class with a ppu up their butt should be hard to kill, thats where tactics and teamwork come into play, if you have your own apu and he de-buffs the enemy PPU the enemy APU is going to be unprotected, then you try kill him, not when hes holy healed and level three buffed.

Kenjuten
18-03-04, 18:34
I checked out his setup myself...

If you blokes can survive HL easier than him, then it comes down to only one thing:

He has less Health than the lot of you.

Makes me wonder what the rest of his stats are...hm.

Tickles
18-03-04, 21:04
Moof has a gd con setup, and is a gd fighter. It jst comes down to HL being too strong agin.

t0tt3
18-03-04, 21:09
hmm why doesnt you come in here and whine when a APU hits low random 6 times? Well then you aint dead and IF a APU comes here and whine you say... "OOOH WTF!!! YOU KILLED ME WITH 4 HLs LAST TIME STFU!?!?!?!?"

Its random damage they where lucky and the stealth thing.
Blame KK doing a shitjob on the animation on the HL, it is lower then the RoF so if he hits you 3 times and you stealth the last hit are allrdy registred to you gonna get hit anyway becasue the shot is allready shot....

extract
18-03-04, 21:09
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
Moof if this is based on last nights fighting in PP u'r energy resists do suck, i was using a high voltage BoH = Energy+Energy damage and i had you and woopin running like girls, only thing that worried me was woopins big stick but even still 2 on 1 u ran to p3 alot more than me :)

Originally posted by Tickles
Moof has a gd con setup, and is a gd fighter. It jst comes down to HL being too strong agin.

well lets see who do we beleive his enemy or his friend whos come here probably for the only reason of blessing his story with exageration tales........

lets see I just got shot with a BOH today on uranus on my spy....on shot did like maybe 15....thats without shelter mind you.....I went to a friend with capped HL......he shot me twice....I lost 120HP all together......I have over 300......so if my spy can take more than 4 hits average....then yes moof youre resists suck, and not only suck, they suck bad.....

Ormy
18-03-04, 22:19
Dude, if you don't like the way this game works, or the way KK do their shit, get the fuck off your ass and find another MMORPG, otherwise, quit whining, and make the best of what you've got.

LTA
18-03-04, 22:23
The hl is powerful yes, as it should be.

Just because yuou have 114 in con and this that and the other still dosent mean you can stand there and soak it, you can't expect it to be easy to resist.
that and 1v1 apus have it hard if your dancin left right n centre making them fizzle...
The only thing i wanna see on monks is more ephasis on the pierce weakness or at least for apus anyway, that 180 energy is nice sometimes :p

fighting a apu with a ppu is suicide

and it's not simply numbers that should take play, you should have some skill to dodge duck n weave and use other ways of reducing dmg.
Your not meant to be able to resist the high dmg dealers so they do like 10 a hit to you if you was you'd be usin holy heal and holy shelt and have 100 con O_o

extract
18-03-04, 22:52
so... in your opinion what should the advantage of a dev be?

the ravager has its aim / range over the CS... thats 5 TL's lower than CS but has advantages.

the stacks on a dev is an advantage... but not when it is outdone by a CS direct damage anyway... theres no point getting stacks off when a CS would do better anyway.

its like the wyatt / lib situation.

lib is hard to aim (compaired to some things), but when you get a load connecting it dishes out punishment.

a wyatt is single shot, but with a few stacks it is worth it.

thats well done IMO, a wyatt can be used to about the same degree as a lib.

however the dev has no real advantage as is, except the poison damage, which was nerfed (fairly, but too much) in the patch. yes... it did too much damage, but it now does too little to be worth using

who said the dev ever had to have an advantage over the CS, where you people get these ideas blows my mind......thats more than likely youre problem right there, automatically you see omg shit range it better kill-a-man in like 1 sec 111111one111one

Aziraphale
18-03-04, 22:56
Originally posted by Ormy
Dude, if you don't like the way this game works, or the way KK do their shit, get the fuck off your ass and find another MMORPG, otherwise, quit whining, and make the best of what you've got.

It's called customer feedback. He just needs to calm down a little.

Neocrons_coward
19-03-04, 02:55
Originally posted by Moofausa
Here's a thought? Fix the con setups? no matter what you do to your con your going to take so much dmg, I have 114 energy resist on my PE all I'm telling you and with a shelter and heal I die within 4 HLs which is totally bullshit. Number one thing that pissed me off is that I died in stealth, fucking fix something.

hey hey chill man.. Its only a game remember that... Things in this game are annoying i agree and you ger fustrated but complaining like this isnt gonna make it go away.. trust me it happened with me manyu times.. I do however agree neocron needs to be sorted a little.. this game is designed different to any others ive come accross

Loyd
19-03-04, 03:32
omg do u people ever stop whining about nerfs blah blah blah nerf this nerf that, the dev ********** stop whining that it sucks id like to see someone take down a buffed ppu with a cs nuff said,
and to the whole killing pe is stealth thing, maybe you should not use stealth and invest those points in a con setup, a pe that uses stealth is just sad conisdering they have the second best defenise in a game ppu monks being number one

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 11:08
who said the dev ever had to have an advantage over the CS, where you people get these ideas blows my mind......thats more than likely youre problem right there, automatically you see omg shit range it better kill-a-man in like 1 sec 111111one111one

i never said it was supposed to do more damage O_o

[ edited for violation of the forum rules - flaming ]

and you think its good use of KK's time to make a new weapon... that has no advantage in any situation? O_o

nice one

extract
19-03-04, 12:34
i never said it was supposed to do more damage O_o

[ edited ]

and you think its good use of KK's time to make a new weapon... that has no advantage in any situation? O_o

nice one

[ edited ]

secondly who cares if you didnt say it, you meant it....you said with its shit range what advantage should it have? well obviously you werent reffering to freq since it shoots a constant stream...nor were you talking about its aim, it aims so easy its silly.....how about this...consider youre advantage the ability to be able to shoot for about 30 seconds without having to reload....hows that for an advantage.........

Dribble Joy
19-03-04, 12:48
Just 114 in con? or does he have some energy armour as well?

How much HP?

If he has about 120 energy total armour and 300 hp then hes gonna die fast to the most powerful direct damage weapon in the game.

What psi setup is he using? haz/heat/br3? is his shelter artifact? what dmg does he get on it?

My PE can certainly take more than 4 HL hits.

evs
19-03-04, 12:55
I agree HL should have random damage removed, and the damage lowered.
HP needs nerfing into the ground.
Dev is now fine as it is - needs a constant aim instead of waft it around.

As for the 4 HL = pe death thing, could have been 4 'max' blasts that killed you

200 armour (inc resist) and a 300% shelter should stand up to around 6-8 hl's before kicking the bucket

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 13:18
[ edited ]

secondly who cares if you didnt say it, you meant it....you said with its shit range what advantage should it have? well obviously you werent reffering to freq since it shoots a constant stream...nor were you talking about its aim, it aims so easy its silly.....how about this...consider youre advantage the ability to be able to shoot for about 30 seconds without having to reload....hows that for an advantage.........

its not constant fire... it mearly has a constant animation O_o

considering it has what, 1.5 times the clip size of a CS, and empties a clip far slower i wouldnt say the freq was an advantage personally either.

do you think that in each weapon type, the highest TL should be the only one worth using? do you think the other rares are just for leveling or something?

i dont really see your arguement here... is it that you dont have one, so you want your CS to be superior in every way imaginable? just a guess... you may not even be a tank of course. maybe you just got killed by one so think the nerf was appropriate (to that extreme. i agree they were overpowered, but the nerf was too much)?

extract
19-03-04, 14:38
its not constant fire... it mearly has a constant animation O_o

ok constant animation, constant fire whatever, its close enough or are you gonna honestly tell me that there is long enough time between blasts that it actually makes a difference....pffft

considering it has what, 1.5 times the clip size of a CS, and empties a clip far slower i wouldnt say the freq was an advantage personally either.

I think you missed my whole point....oh well

its do you think that in each weapon type, the highest TL should be the only one worth using? do you think the other rares are just for leveling or something?

are you kidding me? fuck yes highest TL weapons should be the only ones worth using....does a pistol spy use a lib instead of a slasher? two words, fuck no.....with tanks its a bit different and youre using it to try to win an arguement....the highest TL tank weapons are ALL AOE.....but as far as direct fire, hell the fuck yes should the CS be supreme in all categories, I even beleive range too....but seriously how much more range is the ravager over the CS......and really other than a silent hunter is a weapon worth using at long range...find me someone who can kill just my spy 400m out with a rav and then Ill buy you a band-aid for youre bleeding heart.....

its i dont really see your arguement here... is it that you dont have one, so you want your CS to be superior in every way imaginable? just a guess... you may not even be a tank of course. maybe you just got killed by one so think the nerf was appropriate (to that extreme. i agree they were overpowered, but the nerf was too much)?

no my arguement was never one of which I either want my CS to be superior nor have I ever got owned by a dev matter of fact Ive never even been shot by one....I prefer to sit on a hill somewhere slap u with a SH once or twice and watch people either run or stealth.....but no Im simply here to contest that HL is too powerful, however you were actually right about one thing(surprise!!!) I dont have a tank....youre the one on this mission about dev and tank weapons....if you were really so great you wouldnt need worry about nerfs and such, youd just grab the next best weapon and be gone....but maybe youre just pissed cause youre one of the idiots who paid over 5 million per dev part and are pissed cause its right shit........

Jesterthegreat
19-03-04, 14:53
ok constant animation, constant fire whatever, its close enough or are you gonna honestly tell me that there is long enough time between blasts that it actually makes a difference....pffft
well considering how long it is between shots... yes it makes a difference. personally i prefer to hit my target... not fire an animation at him O_o

I think you missed my whole point....oh well
in which case please xplain it. because you seemed to be implying that its Freq was an advantage i didnt take into accound... and its definatly not an advantage cos its slow firing

are you kidding me? fuck yes highest TL weapons should be the only ones worth using....does a pistol spy use a lib instead of a slasher? two words, fuck no.....with tanks its a bit different and youre using it to try to win an arguement....the highest TL tank weapons are ALL AOE.....but as far as direct fire, hell the fuck yes should the CS be supreme in all categories, I even beleive range too....but seriously how much more range is the ravager over the CS......and really other than a silent hunter is a weapon worth using at long range...find me someone who can kill just my spy 400m out with a rav and then Ill buy you a band-aid for youre bleeding heart.....
oh dear... you actually think that the higher TL weapons should be the best in every situation? ok i meant to say direct fire in my last post (refering to tank up to CS), well picked up. i personally use a wyatt over a lib. its lower TL. it caps easier (but thats not an issue for me), and the stacks are worth using. this is the equivalent of using a dev over a CS... except i wouldnt use a dev over a CS. with stacking weapons you need to be acurate, you need to hit lots, fast. a dev lags peeps to shit, it has a constant animation / sound so you dont know when your hitting, it is generally not a good gun to use.

going by your logic we may as well just remove all rares but one. remove all skills / stats, just have whoever gets the highest gun wins O_o

no my arguement was never one of which I either want my CS to be superior nor have I ever got owned by a dev matter of fact Ive never even been shot by one....I prefer to sit on a hill somewhere slap u with a SH once or twice and watch people either run or stealth.....but no Im simply here to contest that HL is too powerful, however you were actually right about one thing(surprise!!!) I dont have a tank....youre the one on this mission about dev and tank weapons....if you were really so great you wouldnt need worry about nerfs and such, youd just grab the next best weapon and be gone....but maybe youre just pissed cause youre one of the idiots who paid over 5 million per dev part and are pissed cause its right shit........

shock horror... i traded my SH Spirit Mod for 5 dev parts. i got it made. 119/120/120/120 plus an ammo mod. 4 slots.

i have a CS. 113/120/120/120 plus an ammo mod.

i'm not whining cos i paid shitloads... i traded for something worthless to me (no ammo + no rifle char). im not whining because i have no beter weapon and am stuck on a dev. i have 110 str on my 2 week old char, i have my mooni / CS to level with.

infact i dont think i actually demanded (or even suggested) boosting it? what i said was (IMO) the dev was nerfed too much.

i like devirsity... i dont want everyone to use the exact same setup / weapons. why shouldnt certain guns have advantages over others...

think RL... sure a high tech heat seeking rocket or some shit is impressive... but put him in an enclosed space against someone with a sawn off shotgun... the rocket guy should win by default? O_o

the ravager has better aim / range. it is a ranged weapon ffs... whos the whiner? "make CS > all!!1!!11oneoneonetwothree" it aims quicker cos its a lower TL and needs less wep / hc to cap.

alig
19-03-04, 14:55
I did 5 HL's on my mates pe last night alot more than once and he didnt even nearly die.

Moofausa
20-03-04, 10:46
Originally posted by El_MUERkO

Haha ? Well, when one person if fighting another person, sometimes they fight so long their shelters come off, then the weapon the other person is using hurts them really bad... hmm did you understand or you want me to tell you again ? might I remind you, you were the one zoning along with your ****** APU friend...

Oath
20-03-04, 12:10
Nerf me.

Blah

Whine

Blah

Whine

Blah

Whine

Blah

Whine

Blah

K so.........

O_o

Anyway, 4 Hl's even on my uncapped PE didnt kill him,*note: nowhere near capped :p* and im shit with Pe's, Standing still getting hit with HL doesnt really matter though, everything seems to do less damage when your running around like a maniac. well all except the dev :p