PDA

View Full Version : Make Tech Haven Raidable again

Cyphor
18-03-04, 04:10
I post this as it seems to me unfair the ammount of defence tech haven has been give in the past few months. Both TG and MB are raidable and yet the third faction with its home outside the city is fortified to an extent it doesnt even look designed. On almost all servers atm FA are a powerful faction, why should the same rules not be applied to them as to cm and tg? If its that its their home and its unfair to have thier noobs ganked etc, well if their are so low lvl they should keep their le's in or they should follow what the manual says and choose not to start in one of the more advanced factions.
Raids give small clans who cant take ops by themselves another way to pvp and they give the defenders a chance to pvp in their home enviroment, yes there are plenty of other options for pvp in this game, but why eliminate this one? Make TH raidable again, Remove the majority of the turrets.

Cyphor

g0rt
18-03-04, 04:19
tg/mb are possible, th isn't

shouldn't be like that tbh

mdares
18-03-04, 04:22
honestly i say we get rid of npc guards/faction turrets... or redo em...

if we redo i recommend the following:

all faction guards/turrets become 60/60... and do dmg like a 60/60 mob...

copbots are 90/90

stormbots are 120/120

g0rt
18-03-04, 04:29
Originally posted by mdares
honestly i say we get rid of npc guards/faction turrets... or redo em...

if we redo i recommend the following:

all faction guards/turrets become 60/60... and do dmg like a 60/60 mob...

copbots are 90/90

stormbots are 120/120

but...but....we'll all have to defend our HQ's ourselves! no help from super mobs! NOOOOOOOOOOO

jernau
18-03-04, 04:29
Originally posted by g0rt
tg/mb are possible, th isn't

shouldn't be like that tbh

True

Add more defence to MB and TG.;)

Kenjuten
18-03-04, 04:46
This community drives me up the wall sometimes.

Months ago there was a big 'omg wtf guards and TH is so weak' and shit. I'd remember DAYS upon DAYS of people slaughtering FA so much I'd often consider moving to FA.

Now you guys want TH to become security-less? Shiest...

Okay, fine, maybe you guys were the ones that LOVED to raid. It still makes no difference.

Situations like this make my mind explode. o_O O_o :wtf:

StryfeX
18-03-04, 04:49
While PlayerCount = Low
NumberOfGuards = High
WendSeriously guys. Until the server population as a whole starts to flesh out more, taking away faction guards and turrets is probably a bad idea. I mean, come on... it's not like three quarters of the factions have bases that people actually give a damn about.

If someone were to raid the TS HQ or BD HQ, or Tangent HQ, who would really care? Those bases/HQs aren't necessary to the daily operation of the faction and its members. In contrast, the Military Base, Tech Haven and the Canyon are. So basically, until FA or TG or CM can effectively counter-raid, I say no.

--Stryfe

jernau
18-03-04, 04:51
Originally posted by Kenjuten
This community drives me up the wall sometimes.

Months ago there was a big 'omg wtf guards and TH is so weak' and shit. I'd remember DAYS upon DAYS of people slaughtering FA so much I'd often consider moving to FA.

Now you guys want TH to become security-less? Shiest...

Okay, fine, maybe you guys were the ones that LOVED to raid. It still makes no difference.

Situations like this make my mind explode. o_O O_o :wtf:

Well, to be fair, you are talking about two different groups of players with very different ideas how the game should be. Whenever anything is in favour of one view-point the others will be on here screaming at what they consider a great injustice.

The part I find funny is that some people refuse to accept that they force KK to take sides against them and then cry foul about it.

petek480
18-03-04, 05:05
Originally posted by StryfeX

While PlayerCount = Low
NumberOfGuards = High
WendSeriously guys. Until the server population as a whole starts to flesh out more, taking away faction guards and turrets is probably a bad idea. I mean, come on... it's not like three quarters of the factions have bases that people actually give a damn about.

People aren't asking to completely removing the guards just making TH more raidable like mb and tg.

Crono
18-03-04, 05:10
Deal with it.

it isnt right, MB and TG should be harder to raid also, they need more defence.

their faction buildings, not outposts, they should be havens.

if you wish it to be fair, then give up copbots and safezones so they can do it back to you.

Raids are Only fun for people doing the raid. thats it. TH, MB, CM they cant get any kind of mini econimy going there, no traders or anything without expecting some poor people (WITH PPU's, god forbid anyone does a raid without a PPU or 3) to acually give up their game time to sit gaurd themselvs, and wait for when its convient for you to come and raid them.

If you want fun PvP that takes skill, rip a layer off a op and wait for the pvP, people who want PvP will come. Dont kid yourselve or anyone else, Faction raids are simply for the fun of runing others fun and easy kills. everyone always says they want real fights there with high lvl players, but BS that never happens. people wont throw down everything their doing because someone feels like they need to come slaughter people that dont want to fight at that moment. Cant expect them too, gaurd duty is a paid for job, because it sucks. (ops give advantages, so their only protecting their assets when they come protect ops) people pay for this game, and the City hase formitable gaurds not to mention "magic" keeping the plaza/viarosso areas from even having weapons drawn.

how can anyone at all complain about not being able to raid someone elses home when theirs has insane death from the sky bots and magic zones.

-Crono

petek480
18-03-04, 05:14
Originally posted by Crono
Deal with it.

it isnt right, MB and TG should be harder to raid also, they need more defence.

their faction buildings, not outposts, they should be havens.

if you wish it to be fair, then give up copbots and safezones so they can do it back to you.

How about you go make a fa, tg, or cm char and read what it says about them. They're suppose to be harder then the neocron factions. It's not meant for fucking carebears that don't want to fight and don't want to keep there le in. If the carebears can't defend the faction hq then too fucking bad they should change factions not get the fucking hq changed. And ops aren't the only places to have pvp in this game but hey what would a carebear know about it.

jernau
18-03-04, 05:18
Originally posted by petek480
How about you go make a fa, tg, or cm char and read what it says about them. They're suppose to be harder then the neocron factions. It's not meant for fucking carebears that don't want to fight and don't want to keep there le in. If the carebears can't defend the faction hq then too fucking bad they should change factions not get the fucking hq changed.

Actually it says they are harder to start out in. This is because they have fewer/worse lowbie hunting grounds and are surrounded by tough mobs. They also have fewer NPC traders and player tradeskillers.

It has nothing to do with PvP.

petek480
18-03-04, 05:20
Originally posted by jernau
Actually it says they are harder to start out in. This is because they have fewer/worse lowbie hunting grounds and are surrounded by tough mobs. They also have fewer NPC traders and player tradeskillers.

It has nothing to do with PvP.
It's says it's recommended for experienced players which I take as meaning it's a harder faction.

Exmond
18-03-04, 05:20
Yeah I think it should be hard for people to raid TH.

Course you dont need to have the turrets in the sectors around the faction building...

But a question.. Are the people who say "Make Tech Haven Raidable" have a faction base that gets raided as often as Tech Haven?

If not then shut up..

Er i mean...

Please consider what you are saying.

Moofausa
18-03-04, 05:21
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

petek480
18-03-04, 05:23
Originally posted by Exmond
Yeah I think it should be hard for people to raid TH.

Course you dont need to have the turrets in the sectors around the faction building...

But a question.. Are the people who say "Make Tech Haven Raidable" have a faction base that gets raided as often as Tech Haven?

If not then shut up..

Er i mean...

Please consider what you are saying.
I have actually considered moving to FA becuase it got raided a lot but the carebears made it less desirable and then they made it impossible to raid so the faction just sucks.

Cyphor
18-03-04, 05:25
Originally posted by Kenjuten

Unfortunatly kk doesnt know how to change things subtely, not only have faction guards been increased in strength so they rival cop-bots, but in TH they have the guards everywhere so it is impossible for a fa enemy to even glimpse inside, how about we compromise? I dont mind faction guards however imo they should be their to assist the players not do their jobs for them, why not make faction guards as strong as wbs? They will do dmg if you ignore and be able to assist players in defence, but attackers will be able to eliminate them.

Also to those who say its only fun for the attackers, I disagree i used to have fun as a merc chasing pks about mb, and im sure many others have fun eliminating pks.

As for eliminating safezones, id love that, and im glad it will come with doy.

Anyway back to the point why should CM and TG have to defend their home theirselves while FA dont have to? Hell in the past few months i've defended TT HQ and seen raids on BIO HQ (on pluto) both of these factions came out in strength to defend, i cant see why FA should have such an exemption. Im not asking for the guards to be removed, just bring them on par with TG and MB a mistake by pkers armound the guards can be fatal but at least just entering the area isnt o_O

Splaticus
18-03-04, 05:43
Petek480 exemplifies one of the main reasons the player base in Neocron is so low.

Read his posts a few more times, while keeping in mind the fact that his clan routinely noobie ganks at MB and anywhere else they can.

Now, pete wants to be able to noobie gank more. However, I know numerous people who simply quit this game, because they were tired of having their low-level characters (20-30) killed by capped gankers. Guards and turrets should be increased, because of CS kiddies (like pete and his clan) who do nothing but look for opportunities to ruin the game for significantly lower level players by randomly killing them.

If KK wants a larger player base, then they need to control random gankers like pete and his clan by creating more severe penalties for their type of behavior. Perhaps a permanent “most wanted list” for random pks? How about copbots automatically shoot people in ceratin clans well known for random pk?

Pete wants to deny a safe haven for FAs, but he and his little clan mates hangout in the safe haven of P2 until they decide to go randomly killing people.

You know pete, if you didnt drive off new players by ganking them when they are trying to level in their 20s and 30s then there would be more long term pk opportunities and more op wars. Maybe, noobie gankers should consider the long term consequences of their actions. If they did, then there would be more people playing this game.

petek480
18-03-04, 05:52
Originally posted by Splaticus
Petek480 exemplifies one of the main reasons the player base in Neocron is so low.

Read his posts a few more times, while keeping in mind the fact that his clan routinely noobie ganks at MB and anywhere else they can.

Now, pete wants to be able to noobie gank more. However, I know numerous people who simply quit this game, because they were tired of having their low-level characters (20-30) killed by capped gankers. Guards and turrets should be increased, because of CS kiddies (like pete and his clan) who do nothing but look for opportunities to ruin the game for significantly lower level players by randomly killing them.

If KK wants a larger player base, then they need to control random gankers like pete and his clan by creating more severe penalties for their type of behavior. Perhaps a permanent “most wanted list” for random pks? How about copbots automatically shoot people in ceratin clans well known for random pk?

Pete wants to deny a safe haven for FAs, but he and his little clan mates hangout in the safe haven of P2 until they decide to go randomly killing people.

You know pete, if you didnt drive off new players by ganking them when they are trying to level in their 20s and 30s then there would be more long term pk opportunities and more op wars. Maybe, noobie gankers should consider the long term consequences of their actions. If they did, then there would be more people playing this game.
First off can you please not call me a random pker. I don't kill people at random I kill everyone I see. Second I don't just gank n00bs, like in my first point I kill everyone may it be a low level or high level. Unfortunately the only way to get the high level players out is to kill low level players. And once again if the carebears want to be safe perhaps they should of picked a faction that wasn't meant to be hard?

Crono
18-03-04, 05:53
lol, i love how people just throw arount that word carebear. most the time it comes from someone who is defending stupid ganking. so it doesnt really matter.

im not against PvP at all, i just think that factions are supposed to be faction havens where people can safley do their buisness. i see retarteds in plaza all the time cursing their childish mouths off at other out of city factions on how they shouldnt be there. But its the only place where people will stand around and do services.

no one is gonna stand gaurd, its that simple. its not going to happen. you can raid whenever its convienent anf fun for you, cant expect people to always jump to your whim either, there really isnt much to gain by defending a faction as of now. (dont give me that RP crap, u know thats not it. no one usses "Carebear" and RP at the same time)

its a mmorpg, that has a heavy FPS element. ive played other mmorpgs' and out of the ones that are acually still popular and running, this os one of the most PvP orientated, anyone who plays theis game whatsoever in any fasion isnt a carebear. that it a frigging idoits term to try to discredit other peoples arguments.

when people raid they come in force and with a ppu or 3, that will require a huge resistance to defend, not just organizing a few people, you need to hunt down a PPU or 2, and their hard enough to get to do a hunt with let alone tell they have to come asap to defend a faction.

i play a ton of FPS games also, raiding a faction filled with people who for the most part dont want to fight (no real caped players ever just sit around those areas, they got better stuff to do) is the equivilant of shooting a player facing a wall typing. its stupid and lame, but gets your kill rating higher, and for some, thats satasfying. Neocron even with no safezones has insane defence.

and seriously, you know the "hard to start in" warnings means that you start in a remote area with multi star rated mobs in your way to get to the city. not because the area is supposed to be gank central. and you can disput what you think it means all you want, they went and changed it to make it harder to do on you so you can tell what they meant.

cant expect people to play to your whim and feel like massing mass PvP teams as soon as your ready to raid a faction, like i said this game is majorly PvP orientated, but thats not all it is, cant expect everyone to keep your "PvP 100% of thge time" view as fun, wasnt intended as that.

-Crono

[EDIT]

if all these groups love to do raiding soo damed much and faction based pvP, why dont they just go and switch to a faction thats "supposed to be hard" (your words not mine) and sit around and defend against other gankers. have fun with that, or go attack all the NPC's in the city factions then come out and make fun of them in their safe zone, then go to pepper park and die by a instadeath bot.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 06:04
Like I said pete, you are costing KK money by driving away players, because you act like a crazed serial killer in game.

The problem is that society has a mechanism for dealing with people like you, but Neocron does not. So, you are here whining that you cant behave like a serial killer everywhere, but you ignore the fact that you are not treated (by the game's mechanics) as a serial killer anywhere in the game.

Here you take advantage of the fact that there are no real penalties in the game, when if you acted this way in society you would have been tracked down and executed or put away for the rest of your life.

You want your cake and to eat it too. If you want a totally structureless PK society, I suggest you go play Darktide in AC. Hope you dont get tired of getting killed by chain macroed 126+s. :lol:

petek480
18-03-04, 06:13
The problem is that society has a mechanism for dealing with people like you, but Neocron does not. So, you are here whining that you cant behave like a serial killer everywhere, but you ignore the fact that you are not treated (by the game's mechanics) as a serial killer anywhere in the game.

No, you're wrong the game does have a way to punish people that just go around pking everyone and it's called the players. But instead of do anything people just bitch until they get there way like with the guards. It's not the fault of the pkers that the players are so damn lazy to do anything or maybe they just aren't skilled enough to fight pkers. Either way it's not the pkers fault, if you and other players don't like it do something about it instead of bitching and get the game changed to fit your play style.

Crono
18-03-04, 06:15
im gonna sit here and predict that somoen is gonna throw out the good old classic "but its suppised to be a dark future" defence ;P its another good classic defence of taking something out of context to use to your advantage (like hte hard for a new player warning for out of city factions, that i thought were increadibly self evidant on the reason.... their not in the main city?)

even waring countries dont go into main cities and kill off all the civilians hoping to drive out some soldiers to fight. (and being in a clan doesnt automatically mean soldier)

rember, i called the dark future defence! ;P

-Crono

[EDIT]

no im pretty shure you forced them to change because you were taking a games fredom and pushing it to its limits, so they whent and changed it to compinsate for how its intended. PKers (player killing in itself isnt bad, its part of the game) always complain whenever something interfeeres with their flawless gank fests. its not lazy, switch yourself to a easy to raid faction and sit around at the ready to defend it, based off of someone elsses scedule. its hard to raise a proper defence on the fly, you need several PPU's (like i said, forbid someone acually did a raid without a PPU or 3) and a few damage dealers, that cant always be gotten at all, let alone on the spot. and lazy has nothing to do with it, like i said just witch factions if you want a "real" fight and defend from the incoming planned attacks.

NS_CHROME54
18-03-04, 06:19
i say no.

these days we're already working the op scene every minute we're on. we shouldn't have to worry about th too.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 06:19
The problem is that there are not enough players and the theory that people will "work through" difficulties to create a workable online society has proven utterly false. Like I said, if you want a strutureless PK environment, then I suggest you go to Darktide. Of course, a 126+ with 49 billion xp will probably kill you so often that you just give up in disgust, like many people did with Neocron after getting killed by random pkers such as yourself.

As far as the "skill" part, what can I say? I mean you, Alex, Alex. and Lysa just might be able to beat a lone guy. Way to show your "skill" there.

Also, the game does not punish you enough for ganking faction allies in 3 on 1s. I mean really, its great that you BDs go around killing sub 50 unclanned biotech people. Way to show us how the game system really "works."

Crono
18-03-04, 06:22
its the games basic fredoms streched to their limits then slaped back in their face, then slap a carebear sticker on any other view.

NS_CHROME54
18-03-04, 06:25
howabout we make it a storyline thing.

tt and bd kept raiding tech haven, so scientists worked their asses off to create a stronger defence. voila.

you do it to yourself :P

edit: how about this. i'm a carebear and proud of it. stay out of my way and let ME enjoy the game, cause a society isn't all about you ya know.

petek480
18-03-04, 06:29
The problem is that there are not enough players and the theory that people will "work through" difficulties to create a workable online society has proven utterly false. Like I said, if you want a strutureless PK environment, then I suggest you go to Darktide. Of course, a 126+ with 49 billion xp will probably kill you so often that you just give up in disgust, like many people did with Neocron after getting killed by random pkers such as yourself.

As far as the "skill" part, what can I say? I mean you, Alex, Alex. and Lysa just might be able to beat a lone guy. Way to show your "skill" there.

Also, the game does not punish you enough for ganking faction allies in 3 on 1s. I mean really, its great that you BDs go around killing sub 50 unclanned biotech people. Way to show us how the game system really "works."
So you're saying that an entire faction can't defend again two pkers(yes two pkers alex and alex. are the same person just alts and I have no idea who the fuck lysa is.)? Well I think thats complete bullshit. FA has at least 5 clans on pluto. Now if you aren't willing to organize those clans then wtf should you get guards? It's your duty as an FA to protect your hq not the guards they're just there to help since it is your home turf not to defend it for you.

edit: how about this. i'm a carebear and proud of it. stay out of my way and let ME enjoy the game, cause a society isn't all about you ya know.How about you put an le in and let me enjoy the game, after all they're made for people like you ya know.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 06:33
Pete,

How about this? Since you want to be an uber pker, why dont we have a system that tells everyone where you and your little clan mates are, and then have it so that people can hunt you down like the criminals that BDs are supposed to be? I mean you are playing a crininal factioni and all, and you should drop as if you have -99 SL as well, since you are playing a thug faction after all.

Why should known criminals and serial killers have any safe haven anywhere? If your position wasn't so hypocritical it would be funny.

Crono
18-03-04, 06:33
no your wrong. its our duty to defend our ops. were not gaurds. its a persons duty to defend their own faction all the time as much as its your duty to defend your country against an invading military. your doing your own thing, then suddenly you hear on the news that an invasion is coming thats too strong to defend, go grab a shovel or something from the garadge and get ready to fight! hold that line, and try to stay alive long enough to hold them off for a few more min to give the inner country people more time.

no one pays to be a damed gaurd, thats the haven for the facton, there needs to be some haven for every faction where they dont need to have to PvP. then they can go out and fight anywhere else. what the heck kind of idea is "gaurds arent meant to hold off people" lol, no thats their point. gaurds to keep you out, you dont belong there.

-Crono

petek480
18-03-04, 06:35
Pete,

How about this? Since you want to be an uber pker, why dont we have a system that tells everyone where you and your little clan mates are, and then have it so that people can hunt you down like the criminals that BDs are supposed to be? I mean you are playing a crininal factioni and all, and you should drop as if you have -99 SL as well, since you are playing a thug faction after all.

Why should known criminals and serial killers have any safe haven anywhere? If your position wasn't so hypocritical it would be funny.
See, you carebears are just so fucking lazy. If you want to find me and or any clan members of the clan i'm in then do it your fucking self. If it was so easy to find criminals irl then why are there any?

no one pays to be a damed gaurd, thats the haven for the facton, there needs to be some haven for every faction where they dont need to have to PvP. then they can go out and fight anywhere else. what the heck kind of idea is "gaurds arent meant to hold off people" lol, no thats their point. gaurds to keep you out, you dont belong there.
Whatever dude i'm finished with this thread and you're carebear whining. I sure hope you play on pluto becuase i've just decided to switch factions to FA so i'll be able to go in without getting shot and i'm gonna make you fucking carebears defend TH against alex and me else it's gonna be ours.

Crono
18-03-04, 06:38
lol, you call someone lazy, you want people to battle you on your time. go sit in the BD part of pepper park and let it be known that you will always be there, and let people come to you on their own time organized instead of expecting those "carebears" (people who dont fell like jumping to your whip) to come rally when ever you feel it convienent to clear out the lowly populated faction base.

-Crono

Splaticus
18-03-04, 06:39
Well, the problem pete is that you are usually using the protection of Plaza 2 until you decide to go out and kill newbies. Perhaps, the copbots should shoot you on sight.

Oddly enough, you want to deny the protection that you get at plaza 2 to newbie FA runners in TH. Why is that?

Alex The Great
18-03-04, 06:40
The Droping of Hella Items with bad SL is just ******. Id Settle with No safe slot And people seeing the last GR i used.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 06:45
That's great Alex. I heard that FAs "settled" for turrets in TH.

Alex The Great
18-03-04, 06:46
They did't settle they cried till they got there little shithole to have tea partys in.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 06:49
So, are you "crying" for just no safeslot and the last genrep? Why not just go for the whole shebang? Dropping items as if you have -99 SL and having your location broadcast to anyone at a citycom all the time?

I'm sure a big macho pker like you will show all the "carebears" how bad you are. :lol:

Alex The Great
18-03-04, 06:54
Haveing Neg 99 sl is like playing a melee spy in pvp Its not possable. Costing like 3 mil on death is just stupid Id Gladly hang out in PP all the time If Turrets were taken from TH And all safezones removed.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 06:59
Well, it is good to see that you wish to behave like a serial killer in the game, yet you do not want to deal with the penalties that should come with that kind of behavior.

It is amusing that you and other newbie gankers want to expand the possibilities for newbie ganking, because you lack the skills to engage in OP wars due to the fact that you want to behave like newbie gankers.

You see, the faction system does work in some ways. You behave like a street thug and you will be restricted to street thug activities (newbie ganking) instead of more sophisticated activities like OP wars.

petek480
18-03-04, 07:03
Well, it is good to see that you wish to behave like a serial killer in the game, yet you do not want to deal with the penalties that should come with that kind of behavior.
I know I said i'm finished with this thread but I just want to say one thing. We aren't fucking ****** roleplayers. Wtf would we want to roleplay a serial killer and get -99??????????

And we do deal with the penalties that comes with killing everyone.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 07:07
That's odd pete. The excuse I've heard you boys (crackheads) use when you shoot people in the back as they fight mobs is that you are "roleplaying" bad evil Black Dragons, so which is it?

If your position wasn't so hypocritical it would be funny.

petek480
18-03-04, 07:08
That's odd pete. The excuse I've heard you boys (crackheads) use when you shoot people in the back as they fight mobs is that you are "roleplaying" bad evil Black Dragons, so which is it?

If your position wasn't so hypocritical it would be funny.
Lol the crackhead was mocking you.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 07:11
What can I say? You boys do play hypocritical, lying thugs real well. Sometimes I think you are still roleplaying here on the boards.

petek480
18-03-04, 07:15
What can I say? You boys do play hypocritical, lying thugs real well. Sometimes I think you are still roleplaying here on the boards.
Yeah i'm a roleplayer:rolleyes:

Lanigav
18-03-04, 07:16
There was already a thread about this and it was discussed at length. My point from that thread remains unchanged.

Has anyone with a team of say....30 players from an enemy faction actually tried a TRUE raid? Because 3-8 players going there just to gank runners and GR camp is NOT a raid, that's just griefing bullshit. I wouldn't want TT or BD's home to become a pathetic place to "raid" either, so I'm not playing favorites.

Besides, TH is FA's home. If we wan't uber protection, we have the right to it, especially in a "dangerous cyberpunk world" and FA being primarily a tradeskilling faction. You can get your PKing jollies off by holding op wars or just killing other runners that you come across in the other 98% of the map. That's what its there for.

StryfeX
18-03-04, 07:17
What can I say? You boys do play hypocritical, lying thugs real well. Sometimes I think you are still roleplaying here on the boards. Sadly, I don't think that's roleplaying. I bet they're that way in real life too... Of the mindset: "If you can do it and don't get caught, it must be OK."

I'm not going to bother wading into this stinking cesspool of an argument anymore because I've learned that arguing with fools like these has no effect other than to give myself a bigass headache after trying to get them to use their brains to think instead of their e-penis.

--Stryfe

Splaticus
18-03-04, 07:21
StryfeX,

Pete just said he does not "roleplay" a lying, hypocritical, thug. Read his quote of me and his supposed response. :lol:

StryfeX
18-03-04, 07:24
Yeah, I saw it after I posted. *sigh* Oh well, what can ya do... :rolleyes:

--Stryfe

petek480
18-03-04, 07:28
StryfeX,

Pete just said he does not "roleplay" a lying, hypocritical, thug. Read his quote of me and his supposed response. :lol:
[edited violation of fourm rules][freya]

Anyway I don't even think I've ever seen you ingame. I hope you're FA, becuase i'm gonna need someone to show me around after i join the faction since i haven't been there in a while.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 07:29
Sorry Stryfe, but I find it funny that pete's own post confirms everything you said in yours. I couldn't resist pointing that out. :lol:

Lifewaster
18-03-04, 07:32
I've read about halfway thru this thread, and just gonna post now cos I got a suggestion for y'all.

Make it possible for clans to instantly come and defend TH , MB. TG etc instead of the current system where you get tossed up with synaptic impairment beside the GRs and an easy target for whoevers there......

Do something like leave the turrets ONLY near the 2 GRs, and let faction members GR to their faction HQ without synap like you can to one of your ops.

Cos if KK want players to defend instead of Guards/Turrets, then they should do something to facillitate this player defense. Otherwise Capped Faction members will usually have better things to do than get GR camped by whoevers attacking, which leaves the newbs undefended and thus the reason KK have to place the guards/turrets.

petek480
18-03-04, 07:33
Sorry Stryfe, but I find it funny that pete's own post confirms everything you said in yours. I couldn't resist pointing that out. :lol:
Yea i'm the one that can't be argued with, ok. I'm the one that even said in a previous post that I dont' want all the guards removed I just want some of them removed to make it possible to raid TH. Yet you're the one here that want it to practically be a safe zone and not comprimise. You might of seen that if you were'nt too busy trying to insult me which btw has just been pathetic.

Lanigav
18-03-04, 07:35
[edited for consistancy]

Anyway I don't even think I've ever seen you ingame. I hope you're FA, becuase i'm gonna need someone to show me around after i join the faction since i haven't been there in a while.

I'll do everything in my power to make sure your welcome is as cold as possible. We don't want people like you giving us a bad name, as I'm sure you'd just continue your griefing ways under our name.

I do not play this game to be a guard, nor should I even have to consider it unless its under extreme circumtances.

"Check out KK's MMORPG 'Neocron', featuring an exciting cyberpunk world with lots of action, unique combat and skill system, cool weapons, and ever changing politics......but none of that really matters because you'll be doing guard duty at your faction until you cancel the game a few days later out of sheer boredom."

I'm 90% sure that was nowhere on the box. :p

Splaticus
18-03-04, 07:41
Well, Pete you dont want to compromise by having a permanent -99 sl and a tracking device attacked to your ankle.

For you to come here demand something outrageous and then "compromise" to a position that you have already determined to be what you want is pathetic.

So how about my demand? How about I "compromise" and say you will only have -50 SL all the time?

Splaticus

PS - I dont care who killed me, when. I'm just concerned about the people I know who quit (hopefully before the 10 day trial was up) after they got repeatedly ganked by you and your clanmates.

petek480
18-03-04, 07:41
Originally posted by Lanigav
I'll do everything in my power to make sure your welcome is as cold as possible. We don't want people like you giving us a bad name, as I'm sure you'd just continue your griefing ways under our name.

I do not play this game to be a guard, nor should I even have to consider it unless its under extreme circumtances.

You're damn right i'm gonna continue pking when i'm a FA and i'm also gonna pk FA. And you better get used to being a guard becuase you're gonna be doing it a hell of a lot.

Lifewaster
18-03-04, 07:46
Pete how exactly u gonna do this? How u gonna get the other guys to kill anyone in TH if turrets still shoot them ? or u plan to solo in there?

petek480
Originally posted by Lifewaster
Pete how exactly u gonna do this? How u gonna get the other guys to kill anyone in TH if turrets still shoot them ? or u plan to solo in there?
Alex will come with me.

Lanigav
You're damn right i'm gonna continue pking when i'm a FA and i'm also gonna pk FA. And you better get used to being a guard becuase you're gonna be doing it a hell of a lot.

Good. That way you'll get red SL nice and quick, and we can farm you for items. :)

Unless of course you turn tail like many GR campers do and GR out when real resistance comes.

petek480
18-03-04, 07:48
Good. That way you'll get red SL nice and quick, and we can farm you for items. :)
See Splaticus, theres your comprimise.

Jest
18-03-04, 07:53
Well I was FA when the turrets were placed and I have to say on Pluto at least the faction definitely begged for them, granted not that extreme. I think the turrets are a good idea. Or at least elt them control GR settings. An enemy GRing in the middle of an enemy stronghold untouched is ridiculous.

That being said I want to make TH raidable again. I'm a roleplayer and my character wants revenge on TH. (I'm in the progress of writing up a new story to post to the RP forum about it even). Yes Id like to get in some hard core gankage of FA. Not because I hate them, I have many friends in FA and still post on the Pluto FA forum. But my main character wants revenge on them.

Tbh Im surprised more FA arent chiming in saying they want it decreased also. I know a few of em enjoyed the attacks, it was a chance for some action.

So yah, lets tone down the defense a little bit eh chaps?

Lanigav
18-03-04, 07:54
Not really, because you'll probably just GR out when your SL gets too low and wait it out.

Personally I think the TH turrets should fire on anyone that has their weapon out longer than 3 seconds like the copbots do.

Exmond
18-03-04, 07:55
Mmm

Here is where "Glue gun" comes in handy!

Or getting him banned..

Splaticus
18-03-04, 07:55
What are you talking about pete? I have already "compromised" twice, if you use your meaning of "compromise."

Besides, there has to be a more permanent penalty for random gankers. If someone's implant pops out after getting ganked the quality loss is permanent, because it speeds up when you have to have it fixed, so you should get a corresponding penalty for acting like a serial killer.

Lifewaster
18-03-04, 07:57
Alex will come with me.

Ahh ok, but u may wanna reconsider the SL hits are rather bad.

ATM on pluto FA do have a TG ppu/apu combo that try to pk there, so far they got to kill 4 newbs their first trip before going red and having to run for it.

After a day recovering SL to on their second trip they got to kill one runner before dying to a ppu/melee tank combo, at this stage they were only yellow but the Ppu still managed to lose a 3 slot heal.

If you para ppl you'll be yellow after one kill there, red after 2 or 3 , and a red Ppu is pretty fucked imo, I know your a great ppu and hard to kill but its gonna become shit for you after a few days trying IMO.

Seriously I think if you try this the SL will fuck you up, We've had civil wars in FA recently, and the soullight brought them to an end very, very fast.

Just an advice before you maybe waste a lot of time ....

petek480
18-03-04, 08:01
Originally posted by Lifewaster
Ahh ok, but u may wanna reconsider the SL hits are rather bad.

ATM on pluto FA do have a TG ppu/apu combo that try to pk there, so far they got to kill 4 newbs their first trip before going red and having to run for it.

After a day recovering SL to on their second trip they got to kill one runner before dying to a ppu/melee tank combo, at this stage they were only yellow but the Ppu still managed to lose a 3 slot heal.

If you para ppl you'll be yellow after one kill there, red after 2 or 3 , and a red Ppu is pretty fucked imo, I know your a great ppu and hard to kill but its gonna become shit for you after a few days trying IMO.

Seriously I think if you try this the SL will fuck you up, We've had civil wars in FA recently, and the soullight brought them to an end very, very fast.

Just an advice before you maybe waste a lot of time ....
We've managed with sl hits for the past 7 months I think we can manage.

Mattimeo
18-03-04, 08:06
How about we remove soul-light, law enforcers, safezones, guards, copbots, and stormbots too, that way everyone will be happy right? :rolleyes:

oh oh! even better, I have the solution! for every rank below you the person you kill is, you get a 10000nc reward! yeah! if they're 10 or more, they drop their entire QB for you! oh, and if they're allied with you, you get a free rare item from your faction!

yeah, totally awsome.

petek480
18-03-04, 08:08
Originally posted by Mattimeo
How about we remove soul-light, law enforcers, safezones, guards, copbots, and stormbots too, that way everyone will be happy right? :rolleyes:

oh oh! even better, I have the solution! for every rank below you the person you kill is, you get a 10000nc reward! yeah! if they're 10 or more, they drop their entire QB for you! oh, and if they're allied with you, you get a free rare item from your faction!

yeah, totally awsome.
Or we can get rid of all that and also get rid of weapons and then we can all sit around a table drinking tea, yea!!!!!!!

Mattimeo
18-03-04, 08:10
Or we can get rid of all that and also get rid of weapons and then we can all sit around a table drinking tea, yea!!!!!!!

but WTF kind of cyberpunk world is that? if 30000000 people aren't dying every minute, it's no cyberpunk enough! the entire worlds population has to die every HOUR for it to be fun. the more people killed, the better!

petek480
18-03-04, 08:12
but WTF kind of cyberpunk world is that? if 30000000 people aren't dying every minute, it's no cyberpunk enough! the entire worlds population has to die every HOUR for it to be fun. the more people killed, the better!
Don't ask me i'm not the carebear.

Alex The Great
18-03-04, 08:12
If we had 3000000 People to kill we would't be Talking about this.

Mattimeo
18-03-04, 08:14
Originally posted by Alex The Great
I we had 3000000 People to kill we would't be Talking about this.

what?! they come back! that brings me to another idea, make one GR, that way you KNOW where they'll be back. you can just kill them again, make sure we fill that million deaths quota!

Alex The Great
18-03-04, 08:15
what?! they come back! that brings me to another idea, make one GR, that way you KNOW where they'll be back. you can just kill them again, make sure we fill that million deaths quota!

Im Makeing a Char on Saturn just for you.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 08:15
If guys didnt randomly kill newbies, then there would be more players Alex. Understanding the consequences of your actions is an important life lesson.

I have a feeling that BDoY is going to go over like a lead ballon, because new people will come in get ganked by you and pete and quit in disgust.

Alex The Great
18-03-04, 08:16
IF people leave From being pked once or twice then this game is not for them.

Mattimeo
18-03-04, 08:18
Im Makeing a Char on Saturn just for you.

That's the spirit, kill kill kill! it's the only way, if you refuse to kill everyone that moves, with no consequences, you are a carebear!

Splaticus
If guys didnt randomly kill newbies, then there would be more players Alex. Understanding the consequences of your actions is an important life lesson.

I have a feeling that BDoY is going to go over like a lead ballon, because new people will come in get ganked by you and pete and quit in disgust.

psssh, like anyone cares about anyone else, as long as they can kill the 0/2's they couldn't care less.

Tupac
18-03-04, 08:21
HELL YES I WANNA RAID TH AGAIN SO I HAVE SOMETHING MORE TO DO

petek480
18-03-04, 08:21
That's the spirit, kill kill kill! it's the only way, if you refuse to kill everyone that moves, with no consequences, you are a carebear!

Lol I'd like to see you have that attitude after we kill you.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 08:22
We arent talking about once or twice Alex. We are talking about being repeatedly killed by capped goobers. Yip pee, you have one place in life where you can be uber. Too bad no one wants to be in in, since it is run by prepub l33t d00ds.

Mattimeo
18-03-04, 08:24
Lol I'd like to see you have that attitude after we kill you.

I'd be an awful awful game ruining carebear if I refused to be killed time and time again when I couldn;t even hope to fight back! I'm glad to see you understand the way this game is supposed to be! do your duty and kill my n00b!

Alex The Great
18-03-04, 08:24
You are the only one useing leet speak here idiot so don't try and use that CS kiddie crap.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 08:28
But I'm not the one acting like an idiot ingame driving new players away then complaining about it on the boards now am I Alex. :)

Alex The Great
18-03-04, 08:31
People like Pete and I Brought FA togather Now they are just a bunch of whining Tea drinking infighting Roleplayers.

petek480
18-03-04, 08:33
But I'm not the one acting like an idiot ingame driving new players away then complaining about it on the boards now am I Alex. :)
Dude you're the one complaing about it we're not so don't try to blame us for your whining.

Mattimeo
People like Pete and I Brought FA togather Now they are just a bunch of whining Tea drinking infighting Roleplayers.

tell them! roleplay is for the weak! the only goal in this game is to kill all, no other point, everything is about the killing, do anything else, you're a carebear!

Splaticus
Oh so you hate roleplayers, yet you are not a CS kiddie type? Wow, you guys make less sense everytime you post. Why don't you log in and gank a few more newbies, get them to quit?

PS - Pete, both you and Alex have complained about the lack of "targets" aka players. Perhaps, if you stopped driving new players away by killing them when they are sub 30, then the two of you wouldnt be here whining about there not being any targets/players. Think about the consequences of your actions. You guys are the reason there are fewer people playing this game.

Alex The Great
18-03-04, 08:34
I don't See the part I said I hate roleplayers in any of my posts Way to Read.

petek480
18-03-04, 08:35
Oh so you hate roleplayers, yet you are not a CS kiddie type? Wow, you guys make less sense everytime you post. Why don't you log in and gank a few more newbies, get them to quit?
Since when does hating roleplayers make you a CS kiddie? Btw if you log in i'll gank you.

SorkZmok
18-03-04, 08:35
I want all ppl like you to QUIT. NOW. PLEASE.

/ack i cant even fucking quote right. I deserve a ban or something. :(

/haha another edit! my quote didnt work cause mr. Splaticus editet his post. while i was typing! i think. pls kill me if i r wrong.

Mattimeo
18-03-04, 08:37
Since when does hating roleplayers make you a CS kiddie? Btw if you log in i'll gank you.

That's right! do your job!

Originally posted by SorkZmok
I want all ppl like to QUIT. NOW. PLEASE.

But then the true players will be out of n00bs to gank! we can't have that, we all know n00bs love that ganking, why would they ever quit?!

Splaticus
18-03-04, 08:39
Pete, where are you? I've been logged in for quite some time. Geeze, maybe you should go running around instead of just sitting in Plaza 2 waiting to follow some newbie and kill them at the city exit.

petek480
18-03-04, 08:39
Pete, where are you? I've been logged in for quite some time. Geeze, maybe you should go running around instead of just sitting in Plaza 2 waiting to follow some newbie and kill them at the city exit.
I'm actually not logged in. Who are you ingame?

Btw i'm not a newbie ganker but if you want to call me it becuase we've killed you in the past then go ahead. We gank people we see in the wasteland, So 95% of them are above /30 so they aren't complete n00bs. And we've never killed people in the aggie cellars or anywhere like that. But you can think whatever you want if it makes you feel better.

Mattimeo
18-03-04, 08:42

Btw i'm not a newbie ganker but if you want to call me it becuase we've killed you in the past then go ahead. We gank people we see in the wasteland, So 95% of them are above /30 so they aren't complete n00bs. And we've never killed people in the aggie cellars or anywhere like that. But you can think whatever you want if it makes you feel better.

CAREBEAR!

Gotterdammerung
18-03-04, 08:43
you 2 (pete & splat) take it to pm's already.

Alex The Great
Killing people in Aggies is a waste of SL.

Mattimeo
Killing people in Aggies is a waste of SL.

MORE CAREBEARS!

Go find another game, this one obviously isn't for you.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 08:44
I'm just pointing out that KK is not going to have a huge hit on their hands, because they cater to newbie gankers.

Gotterdammerung
18-03-04, 08:58
pete, alex & splat, take it to pm's

manderf
18-03-04, 09:08
i say they bring back,when you sex a copbot he guns you down.. NOW THAT WAS A FUCKING RIOT HAHHHHAHHAHHAHAHAH. poopoo

Jest
18-03-04, 09:28
ffs why do my posts always get ignored? haha. I try to bring in some valid reasons why TH defenses shuold be lowered and people choose to continue on with name calling instead of having an actual conversation. Seriously, Pete and Alex are good guys. They kill low level red, so what. My character has a grudge against CA and CM, I'd even roleplay him to kill every one of those factions I see, but do you know why I dont? Because people will never understand that PvP can actually equal roleplaying. I will get floods of directs and will generally be hated on the boards as you see Alex and Pete are just from this thread.

Seriously, they killed you, so what. That doesnt stop them from having a valid argument. Try and get over this crap and address the issue at hand. TH defenses. Feel free to read my original post.

If you can present a valid argument for TH to be virtually impossible to raid then I will be glad to hear it.

Crono
18-03-04, 09:38
its their HQ, it should be almost impossible to get in. the fact that someone cant get their kicks raiding it is a non issue.

every faction should have a safe home base, all the neocron factions prety much do. thats why. if you have a grudge against TH take out a TH op. or gather a ton of people and kill your way in.

once every faction has a semi safe home ground without relying on someone to gaurd it, normal trades can happen in their own faction area, instead of habving to come to the city for it.

-Crono

Exmond
18-03-04, 09:47
Jest here is what some people are concerned about..

N00bs..

Joe N00b is out and about in Techhaven, his first day in Neocron when suddenly..

TECH HAVEN RAAAID!

Joe N00b gets killed repeatedly because he can't get out of Tech Haven and safely level. Joe N00b quits.

(n00b being the terrible, terrible 0/2 to 0/30 rank)

Now don't get me wrong, N00bs should be gently introuduced to pking but they SHOULD NOT be introduced to ganking.

Raids = ganking.

Sure why dont we add a warning to the faction.

I dunno, I agree that Tech Haven should be raidable, just very hard to do so. But i am concerned about it becoming a daily event.

SpawnTDK
18-03-04, 09:51
these nibs

th is a deep underground base builded from the best scientists and the best will do the best.
mb and canyon are small in comparison to th, its easy to defend them, th is to big.
th was unprotected over one jear, the old security-bots are a waste of time.

hivemind
18-03-04, 09:56
How about if some turrets were removed, and instead flashing red alert lights were added in? They could start flashing red everywhere in TH whenever an enemy faction came through the gates or through a GR. Maybe a nice klaxon horn too? Or a siren?

Exmond
18-03-04, 09:59

Thats actually a pretty nifty idea...

But how would that stop TH being raided every day?

Cause I doubt the TH faction people would actually want to go protect their base 24/7.

Oh and to combat all these "it's their faction they should defend their base".....

FUCK YOU!

IS your faction base a place where you can level?

NO!

You don't have n00bs leveling in your faction base!

Oh and people are not here for YOUR enjoyment, they are here for THEIR enjoyment...

hivemind
18-03-04, 10:05
It wouldn't stop it from being raided, but it would give the nibs some warning so they could run for the hills (or apartments) and give warnings on Faction chat.

Seems fair enough to me...

Archeus
18-03-04, 10:34
I have seen a number of solo raids since they implemented the new turrets. They ended badly for the people because they got too cocky.

TH is easy to raid with a well planned force. To prove that point Julia Chambers is in the process of leaving Tech Haven for good and join the brotherhood of Chran to train people on raiding.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 10:36
TH should not be raidable for the same reason that Via Rosso and Plaza are not raidable. Everyone needs a place where they can relax feel at home and know they are not going to get ganked.

If you doubt this, then I suggest you look at where BDs and TSs hang out - Plaza 2 and 3. Gee, maybe its because you dont get ganked in Plaza.

Jest, as far as some people only killing low red, that is not true they kill low green. Check your faction sympathies and you'll find that BioTech is "allied" to BD.

Jest
18-03-04, 10:36
Jest here is what some people are concerned about..

N00bs..

Joe N00b is out and about in Techhaven, his first day in Neocron when suddenly..

TECH HAVEN RAAAID!

Joe N00b gets killed repeatedly because he can't get out of Tech Haven and safely level. Joe N00b quits.

(n00b being the terrible, terrible 0/2 to 0/30 rank)

Now don't get me wrong, N00bs should be gently introuduced to pking but they SHOULD NOT be introduced to ganking.

Raids = ganking.

Sure why dont we add a warning to the faction.

I dunno, I agree that Tech Haven should be raidable, just very hard to do so. But i am concerned about it becoming a daily event. I hate bring up this card but FA is warned to be an advanced players only faction. I have leveled several characters up there myself under constant raids. People never look in the Cores for pking. And even if they do, the cores in TH 1 and 3 for example are usually virtually empty. But that being said, is my HQ a place that can get raided and a leveling area? Absolutely. There are plenty of sewers in PP2 where some one can level. Not only that but our guards arent that agro so raids are still feasible there.

The single solitary reason I personally hated when I was FA is that TH could get raided easy, but most of the people doing the raiding hide in safe zones where I cant raid them. Though if anything, thats a reason to knock away safe zones, not a reason to make TH invincible.

In an ideal world with ideal server population, Id say drop the NPC guards down to close to nil. Unfortunately we dont live in the ideal though so I say give TH some defenses (like the GR lock I mentioned) and let them keep some turrets, but relying 100% on your turrets to guard you is not the right option. Im not talking out of my ass here by the way, I do have some credibility since I was FA myself for about 8 months in total.

TH should not be raidable for the same reason that Via Rosso and Plaza are not raidable. Everyone needs a place where they can relax feel at home and know they are not going to get ganked.

If you doubt this, then I suggest you look at where BDs and TSs hang out - Plaza 2 and 3. Gee, maybe its because you dont get ganked in Plaza.

Jest, as far as some people only killing low red, that is not true they kill low green. Check your faction sympathies and you'll find that BioTech is "allied" to BD. Safe zones are unrealistic, I myself hate them. See the above post. As for BT, I know they are green, which is why it boggles my mind why half the BT clans attack mine every chance they get and also assist our enemies (who are nuetral to them) at op wars. I was hoping to forge some bonds with BT but at this point in the game if I see a BT, chances are we will fight, and chances are they will shoot first. So dont go blaming Alex and Pete like its they are the only ones guilty of not obeying the all mighty F6 key.

Splaticus
18-03-04, 10:57
Sounds to me like there is bad blood. I manage to only shoot red, and sometimes I dont even do that, because the person belongs to a clan that we are not at war with. Perhaps, being a little more discrimminating in who (clan wise) you shoot would probably go a long way in "forging" bonds.

[edit] I guess I need to say something "on topic" so here goes.

Not having any safe zones is a recipe for disaster. What will happen is one clan will get the upper hand and everyone will be forced to either quit or join the megaclan. This effect got so bad on DarkTide (an all PK AC server with no safezones at all) that the megaclan there had to create a new policy that sub 50 characters in the clan could be killed without any reprocussions from the clan leadership.

mdares
18-03-04, 11:13
just a note: if your a joe n00b in FA... you will have your LE in... simple... theres in fact no more reason for any NEW players to take out any... and actually morst new people dont even know how it works just that its in there (as they're still new).

so in that case they'll just watch the raids and be like "wow thtas neat people raiding." no hard feelings, no real dislike, and no real inclination either. Then they go about their way and lvl. end of story. Anyone who does have their LE's out do it because they want to... and frankly if your still a n00b and dunt wanna get pked (yet u've already yanked your LE) i'm sure that if u asked around people would give u one...

so i really dont see how true "new NC Players" will get turned off by raids.... as they ahve the every helpful LE to help. (and i dunt mean that sarcastically)

they'll probably see it as like a mini-event or somethin :p

.Cyl0n
18-03-04, 11:23
Originally posted by Cyphor
I post this as it seems to me unfair the ammount of defence tech haven has been give in the past few months. Both TG and MB are raidable and yet the third faction with its home outside the city is fortified to an extent it doesnt even look designed. On almost all servers atm FA are a powerful faction, why should the same rules not be applied to them as to cm and tg? If its that its their home and its unfair to have thier noobs ganked etc, well if their are so low lvl they should keep their le's in or they should follow what the manual says and choose not to start in one of the more advanced factions.
Raids give small clans who cant take ops by themselves another way to pvp and they give the defenders a chance to pvp in their home enviroment, yes there are plenty of other options for pvp in this game, but why eliminate this one? Make TH raidable again, Remove the majority of the turrets.

Cyphor

100 % agree :)

maybe put turrets into the cores and at the shops.. but thats it =)

HARRR ! :D :lol:

if i had no sig this would be my new one :D

MrChumble
18-03-04, 13:08

That's classic. Is Roleplaying now a bad thing in an RPG? "Damn those roleplayers, wanting consequences for their actions" :rolleyes: If you don't like RP fuck off and play UT2004.

I'd have slightly more tolerence for raiders if they didn't

- Gank noobies and run away when a some serious competition shows up

- Knowingly and deliberatly ruin the gameplay enjoyment of others. Although this is partly KKs fault for having no real consequences for killing anything that moves it's not KK who pull the trigger at the end of the day.

- Invariably retreat to plaza3, camp on a bench, and bitch about how TH/MB can't be raided o_O

DoY is going to be mad if the system doesn't change. We'll get a huge influx of newbies, they'll wander around being dazed and confused, some <insert vile expletive> like Pete or Alex or Vetterox will have a field day killing all the newbies they can find, then half of them will quit. Whoot :(

Freya
18-03-04, 13:20
Keep the grudges in game and off the boards
This is your warning

ezza
18-03-04, 13:28
ok not read anything beyond the first 3 pages page cos it was looking like bit if whineing going on.

but i mean come on.

as one man, when i was BD i could raid inside of MB, i could avoid the guards most of the time my moving thougth the heavily guarded areas quickly, and fighting in the less guarded areas, cos, and the mercs defend well, they do there job and come fight, cos they love to fight(not as much as BD though)

TG lots of guards, but plenty of places to hide heal and fight, again TG players come to fight, they love it also, i was running around there other day without PPU buffs sure was taking damage but i hide and heal then continue,it was possible.

both MB and TG i can GR and survive.

i GR in TH only takes a slightly long sync and ill be coming in looking at my corpse.

there loads and loads of turrets, its not like you can really avoid them.

FA whined and whined about it untill it became a fortress. well thats a shame cos raiding is fun for both sides(i was a merc once and loved fighting pkers) yet FA seemed determined to turn there base in to a safe zone in all but name, which is sad.

shame vet aint around atm cos he would have something to say about this subject.

Xylaz
18-03-04, 13:31
It's easy

remove all the safezones - all of them.
This way pkers would not have the chance to run away to safe zones like they use to do all the time. This way all areas would have raiding potential AND every one have the chance to defend - AND to retaliate.
This way clanmembers would have to really take care about new people, tradeskillers.
This way, guards & turrets had actually some reason to be. Not with the numbers as currently in TH, of course. Personally i think that TG guards aggro and dmg are pretty fine. TG is raidable, yet dangerous enough to actually help defenders.
In NC there should be simply patrolling copbots with the aggro mode the same as stormies. It's dictatorship, rules are plain and simple. U can do whatever u want unless they eye of the law sees u and then ur dead. Fine for me. Well, maybe the dmg should be *slightly* lowered (they are not stormies after all).

I just feel that most of this pk/raiding problem is simple because of the lack of decent places to fight. NC is stagnant, people are bored, 90% of the community has 1.5 years old capped characters. There's nothing much to do in this game. Removing safezones and making NC raidable would definitely spread the pk disease amongst the whole NC, which - ironically - would be good for everyone.

garyu69
18-03-04, 13:34
MB defend with soldiers, lots of Guards.
TG Defend with soldiers also.
TH defends with Turrets that their scientists design.

TH is raidable, just get enough people and it would be piss to raid.

.Cyl0n
18-03-04, 13:43
Originally posted by garyu69

TH is raidable, just get enough people and it would be piss to raid.

enough people means 5 ppus and 10 fighters ?

thats bullshit man...you shouldnt be able to solo the place but it should be possible ( but still hard tho ) to raid the whole place with a small team

sanityislost
18-03-04, 14:14
Originally posted by .Cyl0n

thats bullshit man...you shouldnt be able to solo the place but it should be possible ( but still hard tho ) to raid the whole place with a small team

lol not really crahn did it a couple of weeks back, it was really sweet :D :D :D :D .

But on the subject about making TH raidable again (even tho it is) get rid of all the safezones in the game so anti-city factions can raid plaza :D

ezza
18-03-04, 14:31

TH is raidable, just get enough people and it would be piss to raid. what makes TH so diffrent that they so only be able to be raidied by large parties.

both MB and TG are soloable, and in small groups.

oh and its when the big groups go that people complain

i.e. omg lame you got 15 crahns to kill 2 FAs in tech haven, nibs etc etc

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 14:33
Well .. isnt TH / tg etc gonna be faction ops soon ?

patience young padawan(s)

Lanigav
18-03-04, 14:34

What kind of a home base would that be then?

FA Scientist - "Well, we finally installed those new turrets to help secure our home. Hopefully our loyal runners can feel safer and carry about their business better after being attacked so much by our enemies."

*in runs [enter enemy faction here] spy*

Spy - "Sir, sir! I just got back from [enter enemy faction here]'s HQ! They're extremely upset that we are now much better defended and can no longer go uncontested in raiding our home! They plan on unleashing the worst offensive they can muster in response!"

FA Scientist - "Don't worry, I'm sure its something our new defenses can handle with ease!"

Spy - "But sir, they're going to.......WHINE!!"

FA Scientist - "God have mercy on our souls....we have no choice but to remove the turrets and sacrifice the safety of our runners and allies. This is a power we simply cannot fight."

Basically, the rationalle of a team of 3-8 runners doing a raid and succesfully cleaning the place out is like sending only a 100 or so US soldiers into Beijing and them succesfully taking the capital. If you're goint to even think of taking over a group's home base, you better have every friggen runner in your faction, and then some, to do it.

Scikar
18-03-04, 14:42
The defences have to be based around a large attacking force. If you base turrets around warding off 3 or 4 runners, what happens when someone raids with 20 runners and 5 PPUs? The defences won't do anything to them at all. And with nowhere safe inside, how do you organise a defence against it? By the time you organise a defence to run over from a nearby OP (assuming the raiders didn't take all the nearby OPs on their way in) the raiders have left anyway.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against raids, and I think they do make for good entertainment sometimes. But when you're a /30 newb wandering in MB near the guards, you expect to be at least a little bit protected.

I think the best thing to do is make them more like OPs. Make a safe area in TG, TH, and MB, where only TG, FA and CM can go respectively. When they GR in they go there with no synap, just like an OP. There should be multiple exits from here as well, so it's kind of like a safe backbone of the base where the defenders can come out at different points to discourage camping. When the base comes under attack, the attackers can't just camp the GR for hours and get no opposition as a result. This also makes it easier to organise defence - each member of the faction just GRs home and is put with all his faction members together ready to fight.

ezza
18-03-04, 14:49
if FA had someback bone and stopped using the scientist excuse as a reason for overpowered and numerous guards they wouldnt have a problem.

FA cant use the excuse of having low numbers now cos they have large numbers

.Cyl0n
18-03-04, 14:50
What kind of a home base would that be then?

FA Scientist - "Well, we finally installed those new turrets to help secure our home. Hopefully our loyal runners can feel safer and carry about their business better after being attacked so much by our enemies."

*in runs [enter enemy faction here] spy*

Spy - "Sir, sir! I just got back from [enter enemy faction here]'s HQ! They're extremely upset that we are now much better defended and can no longer go uncontested in raiding our home! They plan on unleashing the worst offensive they can muster in response!"

FA Scientist - "Don't worry, I'm sure its something our new defenses can handle with ease!"

Spy - "But sir, they're going to.......WHINE!!"

FA Scientist - "God have mercy on our souls....we have no choice but to remove the turrets and sacrifice the safety of our runners and allies. This is a power we simply cannot fight."

Basically, the rationalle of a team of 3-8 runners doing a raid and succesfully cleaning the place out is like sending only a 100 or so US soldiers into Beijing and them succesfully taking the capital. If you're goint to even think of taking over a group's home base, you better have every friggen runner in your faction, and then some, to do it.

okay first of all if you didnt realise it .. THIS IS A GAME.. so stop bringing rl examples in here please... thanks

atm we have 200 players on pluto peak time and a TH which has the defense of MC5

and now you want to tell me that i need to get like 50 people to invade TH ?
with 200 players online at peak times ?

why cant there be a middleway ?
like z!g said in another thread... atm its a suicide run..back then it was a very easy run... why not make it something between that ?

----

and i wont even start with this "you whined" "no you whined!" shit... :rolleyes:

Jerto
18-03-04, 14:57
Maybe players joining FA are more interested in the RP aspect of the game than in its PvP aspect.
We can respect that and allow them to have these defenses if it's a faction's wish.

I've read the 9 pages of this thread and I think that 2 visions of the game are opposed here.

We can relate thesse 2 visions to 2 factions in particular : BD / FA.
So BD can gank at MB and TG, no problem for them as they're faction enemies.

FA can stay quiet in TH thanks to their protection.

So everyone is happy.

Gankers can keep on ganking and Roleplayers can keep on roleplaying.

Sorry for Cranh and other anti FA factions, you'll still be able to find your faction enemies ganking at MB or TH :p

Lanigav
18-03-04, 15:00
Originally posted by ezza
if FA had someback bone and stopped using the scientist excuse as a reason for overpowered and numerous guards they wouldnt have a problem.

FA cant use the excuse of having low numbers now cos they have large numbers

But we still shouldn't have to sit around in FA all day doing guard duty. We're called runners, not standers. :p I REALLY got sick of having my leveling or tech part hunting session interrupted by constant cries for help because of TH being raided, only to go there and either get killed because I'm outnumbered, or have the raiders escape out the GR. I'm not going to sit around for hours waiting for attackers when I could be doing something productive.

okay first of all if you didnt realise it .. THIS IS A GAME.. so stop bringing rl examples in here please... thanks

I'm well aware of the fact that its a game, but it makes no sense, game or not, to purposefully make one's HQ either raidable, or take away the defenses already put there to make it not raidable.

Population problems or not, it is the HQ of a faction, and should have top notch security as such. If you don't like it, then you can go do something on the other 95% of the map provided to you. Given the choice between home base security and giving some pkers their jollies, I'll take home base security any day.

.Cyl0n
18-03-04, 15:04
Population problems or not, it is the HQ of a faction, and should have top notch security as such. If you don't like it, then you can go do something on the other 95% of the map provided to you. Given the choice between home base security and giving some pkers their jollies, I'll take home base security any day.

yea and there are roughly 10 high lvl players i could fight on those 95 % of the map....

:rolleyes:

and i didnt talk about taking the complete defense away.. i said lets make a middleway so its still safe but you could still go attack it with a small team ( like 2 ppus 3 fighters or such ) without gettin 10 con ups in 20 mins..

/€ do you play on pluto ?

garyu69
18-03-04, 15:41
None of you have the balls to actually even try to raid and i bet those who are moaning haven't even attempted a raid themselves.

Nexxy
18-03-04, 15:45
I remember when i was FA and i use to defend TH from people raiding *shock horror* ...

.Cyl0n
18-03-04, 15:50
None of you have the balls to actually even try to raid and i bet those who are moaning haven't even attempted a raid themselves.

yes i did it 2 times and sorry but i know alot better ways to lvl con and drop my stuff... and some of them even include the chance to actually hit someone with my gun / spell

it is pointless going to TH without an army of ppus atm

garyu69
18-03-04, 15:52
yes i did it 2 times and sorry but i know alot better ways to lvl con and drop my stuff... and some of them even include the chance to actually hit someone with my gun / spell

it is pointless to go to TH without an army of ppus atm BD did it with at the most i would have said 8 People. and i am pretty sure they only had 2 maybe 3 PPU's.

Surely you could muster a team that size up?

.Cyl0n
18-03-04, 15:55
BD did it with at the most i would have said 8 People. and i am pretty sure they only had 2 maybe 3 PPU's.

Surely you could muster a team that size up?

yes i could prolly but like i know this community ( no offense against you personally now ) most of the people we meet would simply go between lots of turrets or zone... and because you cant take out turrets for longer than 1 min...its simply pointless to raid it

now as i think about it.. what about you can take turrets out and it takes 1 hour for em to respawn ?
this way you could raid it easier and it would make con lvling at em harder

garyu69
18-03-04, 16:05
I agree on the Turret thing and that totally sucks.
And the Spawn rate of the turrets should be like you said increased to an hour.

But i'm still in the opinion that it is raidable. :)

enigma_b17
18-03-04, 16:51
em no, before these defences were put in the defences in techhaven were laughable, an enemy n00b could stand infront of the "all powerful" light securty bots and go get some food to find himself/herself still alive when he got back, HAVEN essentially means safety and before these turrets came myself and 1 or 2 other loyal fa (i am but the conduit, resurgence to name a couple) were defending tech haven every single time we came on, no time for anything else, plus the fact we had low numbers was a kick in the chest, tech haven is a city, and should be defended as such just like neocron, simple as pai :). And to ezza i think who said fa are always using the excuse that were scientists, thats not an excuse the excuse for turrets is low player numbers and the simple fact that we want to do something outside of defending techhaven 24-7

ezza
18-03-04, 16:55
Originally posted by enigma_b17
em no, before these defences were put in the defences in techhaven were laughable, an enemy n00b could stand infront of the "all powerful" light securty bots and go get some food to find himself/herself still alive when he got back, HAVEN essentially means safety and before these turrets came myself and 1 or 2 other loyal fa (i am but the conduit, resurgence to name a couple) were defending tech haven every single time we came on, no time for anything else, plus the fact we had low numbers was a kick in the chest, tech haven is a city, and should be defended as such just like neocron, simple as pai :). And to ezza i think who said fa are always using the excuse that were scientists, thats not an excuse the excuse for turrets is low player numbers and the simple fact that we want to do something outside of defending techhaven 24-7 every time i see a thread about this i see the FA say "where ment to be scientists" bullshit, someone already pulled it in this thread, look at the old threads on the subject and the same in them, thats why i mentioned it, maybe if you didnt want to defend TH you shouldnt of gone FA instead of making the faction a nice safe home for people.

i remember when FA used to oftn be in TTs HQ and lots of fights there, what happened to the FA who used to enjoy fighting seems there all gone.

El_MUERkO
18-03-04, 17:08
I'd raid TH but they're an allied faction and I dont dislike anyone in FA, I'll stick to killing muppets at MB and sexing their lack of skillz in PP1 :)

garyu69
18-03-04, 17:27
every time i see a thread about this i see the FA say "where ment to be scientists" bullshit, someone already pulled it in this thread, look at the old threads on the subject and the same in them, thats why i mentioned it, maybe if you didnt want to defend TH you shouldnt of gone FA instead of making the faction a nice safe home for people.

i remember when FA used to oftn be in TTs HQ and lots of fights there, what happened to the FA who used to enjoy fighting seems there all gone. So the fact that the story has FA as scientists is total shite and should be disregarded just so Mr PK'er can walk in? :confused:

FA have plenty of fighter in Pluto, come raid us.

ezza
18-03-04, 17:50
im on saturn, but thats for the invite.

hmm maybe PP3 should have a load of turrets just took keep BD/CS enemies off the streets there like the baby tech haveners have

and before you use the you have guards there comment i would also like for them to be removed

18-03-04, 17:55
Remember boys and girls the background info and story are things that can be ignored at a moments notice in favour of....

"Its a PvP-based game"

"Its a post apocalyptic cyberpunk world"

"I have no one/where to gank n00bies anymore"

"IR r00k0r J00 UB3R D00D OMGKOS!!!!11111111"
translation "my caps lock is broken and I'm dropping out of school"

Also the 'RPG' in MMORPG actually stands for

Rampant persistant genocide

ezza
18-03-04, 18:01
Originally posted by 5150
Remember boys and girls the background info and story are things that can be ignored at a moments notice in favour of....

"Its a PvP-based game"

OMG I R L33T JOO NIB STFU KOS!!!!!!!!!!111232342421212312!!!!

but really the FA only use the background for there faction when it suits them as much as others disregard it when they need to

Seymour-Saturn-
18-03-04, 18:04
should make th a safe zone along with tg and mb (inside them all) prob solved if u want to pvp fa tg or cm ask them for a op war or something dont just raid there hq cause u dont have a hq that u start in

ezza
18-03-04, 18:07
err no thats pure rubbish.

some people like to fight, and i dont like having to fight in designated areas, i like to be able to pick a fight where ever i go

El_MUERkO
18-03-04, 18:12
im on saturn, but thats for the invite.

hmm maybe PP3 should have a load of turrets just took keep BD/CS enemies off the streets there like the baby tech haveners have

and before you use the you have guards there comment i would also like for them to be removed

The only place i've ever seen trade skillers working in PP is the subway which is a safe zone.

TH doesnt have any safe zones, TH is supposed to be a place of trade, either it has uber gaurds or safe zones cause without them no one will ever trade their.

As I see it TH is going to become one of the most important places on the map after BDOY because it will be one of the few places the DOY & NC factions could meet and trade.

Also I don think this thread will change anything, BDoY is going to change the safe zones everywhere so lets just wait till then and see what KK come up with.

ezza
18-03-04, 18:21
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
The only place i've ever seen trade skillers working in PP is the subway which is a safe zone.

TH doesnt have any safe zones, TH is supposed to be a place of trade, either it has uber gaurds or safe zones cause without them no one will ever trade their.

As I see it TH is going to become one of the most important places on the map after BDOY because it will be one of the few places the DOY & NC factions could meet and trade.

Also I don think this thread will change anything, BDoY is going to change the safe zones everywhere so lets just wait till then and see what KK come up with. sure give them a small safe zone then, but there all gonna cower in there thenuntil they get a big force togeather and zerg the enemy.

take CM atmthey dont have a safezone, dont see there traders complaining yet there base is easier to raid that the fortress that is TH

Seymour-Saturn-
18-03-04, 18:31
err no thats pure rubbish.

some people like to fight, and i dont like having to fight in designated areas, i like to be able to pick a fight where ever i go

tbh when u pick a fight u almost always die and if u want ALL guards away form TH then y dont we take guards/turrets out of nc and i mean them all. its a HQ and its a place that makes hightech stuff like TT sooo y wouldnt they have guards/turrets at high lvls.

TH is raidable if u have enough ppu and ppl if u goto the GR A there is a clear spot next to the GR if u make it there then ull b able to raid it there is no need 2 take the turrets out

Lethys
18-03-04, 18:33
Originally posted by Seymour-Saturn-
if u want ALL guards away form TH then y dont we take guards/turrets out of nc and i mean them all.

Sounds good to me.

ezza
18-03-04, 18:35
Originally posted by Seymour-Saturn-
tbh when u pick a fight u almost always die and if u want ALL guards away form TH then y dont we take guards/turrets out of nc and i mean them all. its a HQ and its a place that makes hightech stuff like TT sooo y wouldnt they have guards/turrets at high lvls.

do you mean me personally cos i dont know youo_O

and im all for the total removal of guards from everywhere

as for the last bit, that would be like saying that in the story the monks were able to fling someone across the room killing them so monks should be able to do that to all.

Mattimeo
18-03-04, 18:40
Originally posted by 5150

"Its a PvP-based game"

it's not just pvp based! it's nothing but PvP! That's all this game is. take out the mobs too, we don't need them! I'd say make everyone capped, but then there'd be no n00bs to gank... I KNOW! for every rank below yours you kill a player you get 10k, and a skill levels up (you get to pick which one), YEAH! if it's the same rank or higher, you get NOTHING! and remove all store bought weapons, nobody uses those, make all weapons rares! and the only way to get them is to kill someone 10 ranks or lower than you! if you want an epic item you have to kill 1000 people, you should manage that in about 5 seconds in the non-carebear game!

yeah, that should clear out all the carebears nicely.

Seymour-Saturn-
18-03-04, 18:40
do you mean me personally cos i dont know youo_O

and im all for the total removal of guards from everywhere

as for the last bit, that would be like saying that in the story the monks were able to fling someone across the room killing them so monks should be able to do that to all.

well if the ppu were good they could keep enough ppl alive to raid it trust me iv seen a TT spy and ppu come into TH the spy was stealthing and the ppu was ...well ppuing its self bsides if u play on saturn cartel should want a challenge. takeing ops when no1 is on isnt hard :P.so i dont see a point in takeing them away if u want a challenge try raid TH with the guards.

Yinyin
18-03-04, 18:45
If someone were to raid the TS HQ or BD HQ, or Tangent HQ, who would really care? Those bases/HQs aren't necessary to the daily operation of the faction and its members. In contrast, the Military Base, Tech Haven and the Canyon are.

So take the guards out of Pepper park 1 ffs, that place used to be fun pvp

Archeus
18-03-04, 18:51
Remove all safe zones and tone down the guards in NC, and see how you "Waaaa I can't gank people who can't fight back" moaners like it.

I will also be giving lessons on how to raid Tech Haven soon.

Cyphor
18-03-04, 19:16
First off people seem to be making two points,

1) There is a low population count for people to defend
2)TH is full of scientists

Well for 1) this can be seen 2 ways, as there is a low population count it can be difficult to get a "large" raiding party together as many suggest is the way it should be done. Also if people did get a large raiding party, they would be too large for any resistance thus defeating the point (they wont get a good fight) and it will cause FA to moan more about how they need more defences...

As for 2) mabey all tanks, apus, pe's, and combat spies should be kicked from the faction then :rolleyes: FA has plenty of fighters, they fight at ops on all servers so why cant they fight for their home?

Next is the point that with doy kk intends to make th, mb and tg like large outposts, so why if they intend to encourage raids in the future do they completely rule it out now? Why not reduce the npc defences and let people get used to it? ;)

Atm there is very few places to get good pvp outside of an op, as ops are more limited to larger clans, and some people like to play within their faction boundries alot of options get ruled out. There is pp yes but personally i dont see the point of playing a zone hopping, punch the guard, dont stick around for a fight unless you can win-a-thon. So there is pking, the aggies and inner city areas are filled with noobs and so there is no challenge, therefore there is the wastlands, I could run from zone to zone for hours till i manage to find one person trying to hunt, not my idea of fun. For me raids give another place to pvp, much like op wars it can be fun and about skill and organisation for both sides, so why remove it from the game for certain factions?

Crono
18-03-04, 19:58
sure give them a small safe zone then, but there all gonna cower in there thenuntil they get a big force togeather and zerg the enemy.

Wtf, thats Exactly what a raiding party does, they gather up a force and attack on their convience. whats the problem?

and .Cylon, it should be raidable by 2 ppu's and 3 fighters? nice compromise, thats the usual size of any raiding force ;P besides the frequest solo ganks

-Crono

Edit

lol, as people are tired of the "scientist" retalitation, im getting very tired of the "im looking for more good PvP" spots one, thats pure BS. 1 out of maby 10 times you will get "good" PvP, but most the time its just a clear house team up on runners, even solo high lvls have no chance, so lvl isnt a issue. and since thats what happens most casses there has to be a different reason people keep coming back to doing that instead of ripping a op layer ;P

and screw that, who cares if they want to be safe areas, anti city areas deserve their own safe havens, why is everyone who is saying that BS and cheep on the siode of the city who has majic safezones and copbots.

-Crono

Cyphor
18-03-04, 20:31
Originally posted by Crono
, why is everyone who is saying that BS and cheep on the siode of the city who has majic safezones and copbots.

Crahn and BD arent city factions...

ezza
18-03-04, 20:35
ive been merc i was happy with the low level guards back then, i hated the overpowered guards, i moved to BD my domain(PP2) was as raidable as any place guards easy to avoid, places to hide.

now im crahn so im anticity no pro city, ive had many a good fight from raiding, many people raid the MB as one man crews, same with TG, there both doable, but FA think they are special, proberbly KK reside in TH so made there home nice and safe

Exmond
18-03-04, 21:01
Yeah but you never level in Pepper Park now do you?

(unless of course ya wanna cap that con)

ezza
18-03-04, 21:37
Yeah but you never level in Pepper Park now do you?

(unless of course ya wanna cap that con) thats PP1 thats tsunami town.

and as a noob i did level in PP sewers, go figure:rolleyes:

Caged Fire
18-03-04, 21:45
Hmmmm...... Over on Pluto, we're always ready for a good fight in TH. And when there is raiders there, I know for one all online Tech and XT show up for the fight. But however many of the other clans are almost 100% tradeskillers, the don't spend the points for combat so they can build/research/ect to the max. So many times we may have 5 true Fighter on, and MAYBE one ppu. And two of the fighters are off fighting somewhere, and the ppu is in a cave keeping people alive. By the time we can get back to TH, SIed remember, the pkers have GRed out. I'm all for a good fight, and I could live with Guards/Turrents on the scale of MB and TG. We're starting to get the defence of TH together, but it takes time to grow and train the combat clans.

The problem is, FA may have alot of members(Pluto), but right now we have several problems. One, we are made up of a bunch of smaller clans (Tech, XT, eXo, Skull Cult, AoA, DoY, Phoenix). Two, we don't all get along real well all the time. Once we get our sh*t together, and we will, then bring it on, You'll get all the time on your back, lookin at the sky, praying for a rez, you can handle. I say KK get rid of some of the turrents, and LET'S GET IT ON!!!!!!

But at least let us get to the point where we have some fighters on at all times. And can at least protect ourselves. We're getting there..... Oh, btw, if you think TH will fall in the hands of anyone but FA after DoY comes out, you are sadly mistaken. Oh, how the blood will flow through the halls of TH..... The blood of our enemies!!!!!!!!!!!!!