PDA

View Full Version : idea for KK to promote NC

Glyc
18-03-04, 01:06
http://www.siteadviseur.nl/tim/projectentropia/Project_Entropia_Movie_big.wmv

watch this movie ... kk should do something like it, with Danae strutting her stuff and enticing customers/suckers (replace with your own opinion) in the game.

serious idea btw - some sort of movie style advert for NC would wow the punters and get good advertising for our lovable little neocrack.

i personally dont like the idea of the game. seems to much work for stuff. give me nice pvp anyday. but this advert got my attention. and not cos of the swedish laydy. what u all think?

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 01:17
Nice PA :)

*edit .. OMFG their droms are cool !!! HE SHOT IT :((

~Drav~
18-03-04, 01:22
What I personally think they should do is something kinda like the Nike adverts...

Some action packed op war clips, short, yknow those powerful plasma bursts etc then a black screen with the NC logo like this
http://neocron.jafc.de/images/bbtitle.gif

8| :D

Twitch
18-03-04, 01:43
Originally posted by Glyc
http://www.siteadviseur.nl/tim/projectentropia/Project_Entropia_Movie_big.wmv

watch this movie ... kk should do something like it, with Danae strutting her stuff and enticing customers/suckers (replace with your own opinion) in the game.

serious idea btw - some sort of movie style advert for NC would wow the punters and get good advertising for our lovable little neocrack.

i personally dont like the idea of the game. seems to much work for stuff. give me nice pvp anyday. but this advert got my attention. and not cos of the swedish laydy. what u all think?

that's nice of you to assume danae would do something stupid like that especially with the lame acting, lose the chauvenist attitude.

and besides where's that girl that's on the front of the box (with the red hair?)

sparrowtm
18-03-04, 01:48
Originally posted by Twitch
and besides where's that girl that's on the front of the box (with the red hair?)

Ever met Black Lily in Pepper Park? That's her, after trying to play with Patch 197. :o

Tratos
18-03-04, 01:52
now now, the woman with the red hair was drawn by one of the respectable people from CDV who decided that picture was better then the one going on the DOY box.

CDV respectable.....AHAHAHAHHHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: 8| o_O :eek:

~Tratos

REVKhA
18-03-04, 01:59
I've beta tested it, you need real money to buy real items.
Uninstalled

Tratos
18-03-04, 02:04
Originally posted by REVKhA
Uninstalled

just watched that trailer

my thoughts exactly

~Tratos

Myrlin
18-03-04, 02:11
Originally posted by REVKhA
Uninstalled

But, but... they said you can make real money too... shouldn't I trust them?

-FN-
18-03-04, 02:14
Their economic model aside, P-E is actually a very cool game. I played it for awhile...

- LOVE the player customization. I've never seen anything so robust.
- There are NO zone/synch lines. The world is absolutely HUGE and you don't zone anywhere. You can run for 3 hours straight, be only a portion across the map and still have the same people or mobs chasing you. One time I had several crazy headhunter ladies who live on some sort of crazy lesbian farm chase me all the way to the nearest port.
- Their version of a "gogo" is animated and looks sweet.
- Lots of rich, real-world environments.

I just didn't like pumping real money into it after I hit $20 USD. I payed as much as I did in NC for a month and had only played for 2 weeks or so :(

Also anyone who plays automatically assumes they'll get stuff from ppl to start out because they're a n00b like in other MMORPGs... duh, people payed REAL money for their clothes and guns and stuff, they won't just give it away like in other games.

Vampire222
18-03-04, 02:17
ownage game, too bad it uses real cash...

Glyc
18-03-04, 02:22
@ Twitch - i didn't mean for Danea to dress like a slut and talk in a stoopid accent. but isn't she something to do with promo the game in some form or other, in irc etc.

and i didnt like the advert for the woman. it cheapened it for me. but the idea caught my eye. i also wont be trying the game because of this advert, im happy with nc. but i thought of it as being a good idea to promo our wonderful land. what with bdoy coming out.

Twitch
18-03-04, 02:28
Originally posted by Glyc
@ Twitch - i didn't mean for Danea to dress like a slut and talk in a stoopid accent. but isn't she something to do with promo the game in some form or other, in irc etc.

yeah cause there's so much promo to be done in irc.

anyways supposedly this new company kk merged with has decent advertising for their products so we'll see.

phunqe
18-03-04, 10:02
Originally posted by Vampire222
ownage game, too bad it uses real cash...

Is it not possible to steal things then? o_O

Clothes, guns etc...

Exmond
18-03-04, 10:06
zzzzzzzzzzz

Got bored after the first 30 seconds.

BramTops
18-03-04, 11:47
Hmm... I dont like the "real money" idea either...

BUT, I'm payin 10,- a month now just to play neocron... What if you put that money into THAT game? (I haven't seen any other subscription fee's or something).

no no no no no... I wont be leaving NC, dont worry.. ;)

BUT.. still... you're loosing money anyway :p

I'm downloading it now... The vid made me extremely curious! The graphics in the beginning *look* ingame, and are awesome. The graphics near the end are far much worse though...

I'll post some findings here later.. ;)

Glyc
18-03-04, 18:08
hey hey hey... stop stop stop... i didn't start this thread as an advertisement/discussion for Project Entropia. more about the ways NC could be advertised successfully. something like that vid. ie like the FANG or g0d movies, but professionally done with a kinda story and explanation over the top that entices people into our world.

p.s @ Twitch - i though Danae was the public co-ordinator or something. there isn't another GM/KK dood that i know of with a more appropriate job remit to action this.

RuButt
18-03-04, 18:59
shes swedish!

msdong
18-03-04, 19:14
haha, attract more ladys to NC and make a MJS PP stripper vid :D

i watched the vid once when PE was beta and have a look on it. the problem was not that the video promised something there wasn't. it was exactly like in the video - cool looking landscape with small rabbit stuff in there with no weapons.
now lets look on the last NC promo that is nearly as old as the PE vid. you see city, outzone wastlands and war - lots of war even it is different from the current status.

they both present what you can expect PE=player interaction and NC=fighting