PDA

View Full Version : PPU's are'nt for life

alig
18-03-04, 00:28
This may have been discussed before but what would ppl think if kk was to make ppu's useless in pvp for 1 day every month? there spells become self cast only, they can still level but not cast anything on anyone nor freeze.

We all know this game works mainly around pvp and we all know that ppu's totally ruin pvp like no other, it would give ppl the chance to really fight, imagine an op war with no ppu's:cool: you all might be thinking "yeah it would last all of 10 seconds" but would it? 1 team would need to kamikaze in to make it last that long.

For the people that only have a ppu, tough shit... in a sense, you can still play you just cant do your roll of lets fuck things up.

What do ya think? maybe for 1 day a month this so called skill based game would be 'skill based' and not how many ppu's we can rack up.

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 00:33
nice poll m8 .... :rolleyes:

sparrowtm
18-03-04, 00:34
Wow, I'd really like to vote but somehow ... I won't. o_O

joran420
18-03-04, 00:34
wot a stupid thread.....

Vryce
18-03-04, 00:47
[edited for violation of the forum rules -- spam]

Jest
18-03-04, 00:48
I voted no because so many people would be playing that day of the month that it would crash the server. :angel:

Genty
18-03-04, 00:56
As long as in return there is 1 week a month where people don't bitch/whine/moan about PPU's on the forums or anywhere else for that matter......................Yeah, like thats possible.

StryfeX
18-03-04, 00:57
Originally posted by Jest
I voted no because so many people would be playing that day of the month that it would crash the server. :angel: LOL :lol: You're bad. :D

Now, in theory I wouldn't mind testing something like that out, but I don't know how practical it would be for the retail servers.

Also, this poll is hopelessly biased and therefore not worthy of a vote. :rolleyes: (Even though I am one of those who think that PPUs, when introduced to PvP, fuck things up considerably.)

--Stryfe

Clownst0pper
18-03-04, 00:59
This thread has 0% of success.

Koro's bro-

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 01:01
goto TS (when its working) and have an op fight with two teams of apu/spy/tank/pe ... whats the bet the spies (if they stealth) and the PE's are left at the end ? PSI you say ? oh .. damn that kinda makes this thread stupid ...

Lafiel
18-03-04, 01:02
no fucking way what the fuck would i do all day on my capped fuckin ppu if they do this... bad idea

sparrowtm
18-03-04, 01:03
Originally posted by Lafiel
no fucking way what the fuck would i do all day on my capped fuckin ppu if they do this... bad idea

Go shelter some warbots to protect them from those evil rarepart-farmers. :mad: o_O :D

enigma_b17
18-03-04, 01:05
why should u get a whole day to where ppus become useless, the only char some ppl ave is useless what would u suggest to do about the,? its not exactly fair to them is it now, if u ave more then 1 char then possibly yes, but on pluto for eg u can only 1 char so id vote no

Zeraith
18-03-04, 01:54
I like more fighting by myself....but sometimes you just gotta have that ppu ;)

-=BlackBeard=-
18-03-04, 13:17
ok i voted no because [edited for violation of the forum rules -- flaming] and secondly close this please

Kopaka
18-03-04, 13:24
on my PE i can fight without PPU, but when ur kinda outnumbered and u dont feel like dying, i always log PPU and get an APU who kills (i hope) the enemy.

normally i can fight without PPU but if the enemy logs and gets APU/PPU combo on my ass...

ah u get it..

Freya
18-03-04, 13:27
Closed

Jesterthegreat
18-03-04, 13:30
im thinkin more like kk announce IN ADVANCE that they will do it... then patch to change, then 2 weeks later patch back. make it state on the patch notes the changes and the date of the next patch (to change it back).

no one would have to reroll... cos in 2 weeks it would be back to normal.

however we would get a taste of what the game could be like if we all used self casts only :)

basically... im all for this :D

Zaq
18-03-04, 13:38
Originally posted by Freya
Closed

[edited for violation of the forum rules -- Vithar]

Jesterthegreat
18-03-04, 13:38
Originally posted by Freya
Closed
[edited for violation of the forum rules -- spam]

wolfus1
18-03-04, 15:26
ok so ppu's can only cast on them selfs.............so what are they there for just stand in a fild and cast silds on them selfs there would be no point of them being in a team as they caan do f**k all i think what a crap idea

Jesterthegreat
18-03-04, 15:30
Originally posted by wolfus1
ok so ppu's can only cast on them selfs.............so what are they there for just stand in a fild and cast silds on them selfs there would be no point of them being in a team as they caan do f**k all i think what a crap idea

to quote myself...

Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
i think the phrase is "advantage, not necessity". thats what PPU's should be.

you shouldnt need to counter a ppu with a ppu of your own. it should give the ppu + team an edge... but not a "we stop all your team from moving and outheal your damage" edge O_o

i dont think they are overpowered. i think no one is overpowered.

i am loving NC as is... on the PPU subject i think rework heals like s/d (less healing on other people - self cast>ppu cast) and remove / LOWER freeze from all para's

enigma_b17
18-03-04, 16:41
so jester let me get this rite, what u want is to make ppus completely useless for 2 weeks?, on offence but thats entirely unrealistic, its ok for ppl on the servers with 2 or more character slots, which are more then likely not all ppus, but it simply is unfair on other ppl who have only 1 character slot as a ppu, theyve paid for this aswell and taking half of the month theyve paid for just so you (generalisation, not pointed at any1 in particular) can run around and kill ppl without the presence of a ppu that can do anything is undoable. Personally, i wouldnt mind, but i have other chars i can play, some dont :\, not saying its a completely useless idea, its just a tad too unrealistic

Jesterthegreat
18-03-04, 16:43
yeah i realised that pretty much as soon as i posted. we are having a ppu discussion in another thread and my latest idea was heals have self / foraign cast, like s/d does now...

that would mean PPU's are still an advantage... but wont let you outheal things, although the PPU himself would stay alive hjust as well

Carinth
18-03-04, 19:17
[edited for violation of the forum rules -- harassment / leave it in game]

greendonkeyuk
18-03-04, 19:50
alig plays on uranus mostly and saturn..... both have four chars. I can see where his motivation lies in all of this. he has other chars who he can play (see his sig?) however as stated in the other thread ive been following with interest he is right as the skill of the ppu is more than enough to turn the tide of a fight. A reasonable player becomes MUCH better in the hands of an adept ppu. I personally am dead against removing ppus as i love playing mine the most of all my chars. However i do see where hes coming from. Spies would need to stealth to recce the target force and see the positions of the opposing team, tanks would form the vanguard and the pes.... well i guess they would possibly fill the roles played by ppus of old, healing their comrades and giving everyone a little extra edge with the TL25 shelter (if theyre not selfish), most importantly it would give people a reason to use tactics rather than zerg into the fight hoping the ppu will get you a holy heal the very second you yell for it. I think thats the result hed like to acheive in his suggestion. However tbh i think we have more chance of doing this on a much smaller scale, ie 2 clans get together go to a nice op and arrange a fight between them without ppus involved. a sort of mock battle wargames type affair. I dont think forcing this kind of change on a server population is very fair or very likely to happen. Still i do like the idea. thumbs up m8.

Carinth
18-03-04, 20:41
Please don't encourage him, or any of the many others like him. Fun in Neocron does not hafta exclude someone. Just because ppu's ruin fun for you, doesn't make it ok for you to ruin fun for ppu's. Many of the ppu's with negative attitude are ex hybrids, only playing ppu because it was decided hybrids could nolonger have fun in the game. I don't want ppu's to be stomped like hybrids were, you're not fixing the game at all, you're making it worse.

fatwreck
18-03-04, 20:49
alig... im with ya man. i log off every day now pissed off because of how a even fight is ruined by ppus because no one wants to risk dying. and dont say "oh well you can log your ppu or someone from clan can" cause its more fun to fight... loose life, have to heal yourself mid fight... risk dying(heaven forbid) . i dont mind fighting a ppu'd tank/pe/whatever as long as im not frozen. maybe just make freeze usless because the thought of being self sufficent apparently dosnt go over well. anyone who ever find me out in the wastes knows that i may run around a bit, but i'll come finish a fight against whoever... as long as im not being frozen

lately people of uranus have been having pepper fights without para... at least most of us. my para has been gogo'd for about 3 weeks now, since... well... wont go into it.

maybe make heal and dmg boost only work on people for a day, or only in certain zones or something for those of us(i dont think im alone) that dont wan ppus in fights paraspaming with halos. if a ppu is good with healing.. thats all that is really needed. remeber EVERYONE will have the same lack of buffs. and if you can fight... then this shouldnt be a problem

Psyco Groupie
18-03-04, 20:56
This is still a crap idea and should be closed kthxbye

]v[ortice
18-03-04, 21:01
I voted no.

Simply because If I want to play Counterstrike, I'll play Counterstrike.

If people cared as much about playing the game and put the same effort in that they do trying to change it, Neocron would be a better world.

ZoomZoom
18-03-04, 21:19
[edited for violation of the forum rules -- flaming]

Furion
18-03-04, 21:22
YEH SURE, MAKE THE PPUS USELESS FOR A YEAR, BUT ONLY IF U MAKE ALL THE OTHER CLASSES USELESS ALSO, SOUNDS FAIR TO U MISTER ALIG?