PDA

View Full Version : Referal Program

cRazy2003
17-03-04, 19:23
yo all,
what about this idea, do you think it would be good if KK made a referal program for other people?
for example if theres a player who manages to get another friend of his to play he shud get 1 month free subscription or 50% off his next subscription payment?
i think this wud be a great way to get more people playing and wud work out better for KK

so example whats better, missing 1 months subscription for a player in exchange for monthly payments from the refered person for whichever time he stays? i know which one id choose, and id personally use the service as much as possible to try and refer my friends if it was implemented, i just asume it wud be quite difficult to do so, i know it isnt one of those nessery ideas, its just an idea for an addition to the game, so waddya think?, please rate it or discuss it below :D

L3m0n
17-03-04, 19:27
im down with this idea cos in the end we both (KK and players) both gain
but you would have to put it so the "m8" has to pay for 3 months to stop people form doing the 10 day free shit and getting loads of months free/half price

Psyco Groupie
17-03-04, 19:28
exploitable, and loses KK profit ... you reward for getting people in the game is their company as you play .. simple as theres no need

L3m0n
17-03-04, 19:33
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
exploitable, and loses KK profit ... you reward for getting people in the game is their company as you play .. simple as theres no need
true but theres no prob in asking is there?

GT_Rince
17-03-04, 19:34
Nice idea, but I can imagine so many ways that could be abused...

cRazy2003
17-03-04, 19:37

w00t t3h f00k?!?!

no KK rewards other runners for refering new people to play the game and i agree with lemon the refered player shud play for about 3 months before the player who refered the new player gets there reward, and its not explotable, even if a guy made a website ecspecially for refering people, and got like 100 players refered and got 100 months freem the guy might get £600 free worth of playing for his account but overall in the same space of time (100 months) KK make £60,000 if all the members he refered stay, i know that might not ever happen but look at the comparason, doesnt it make sense even slightly?

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 19:37
Originally posted by GT_Rince
Nice idea, but I can imagine so many ways that could be abused...

yea same here =/

although it would be nice to have something for really old players :)

Jest
17-03-04, 20:31
Ive suggested it before in the past myself but havent gotten much response. It really isnt that exploitable. When the referral account makes their first monthly payment, you get a free month yourself. Even if I bought a second account and got a free one on my first, I wouldnt consider that exploiting.

Maybe Im missing something though, what ways could the above be exploited?

GT_Rince
17-03-04, 20:36
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
yea same here =/

although it would be nice to have something for really old players :)

By really old, I hope you mean we played for ages, and you not referring to my age :p

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 20:37
Originally posted by GT_Rince
By really old, I hope you mean we played for ages, and you not referring to my age :p

bleh yes :p

Jest
17-03-04, 20:40
UO has a sort of reward program for people who have been around a while. I remember you could pick different level items with different strengths for every number of years you were there. It was really cool. NC probably wouldnt have something like that for a few years though. (Beta doesnt count). ;)

GT_Rince
17-03-04, 20:43
Not sure KK would lose money, as it would only be like for 1 month someone gets a 50% reduction or free... it might have been someone they would not have signed up unless this was in case.

Personally, I am all for it - but it would have to be well thought out.

greendonkeyuk
17-03-04, 22:29
not necessarily bad for business

if they put their minds to it it can be made secure. if the referred person spent one month paid subscription on the game then KK have made no gain and no loss (presuming they give one months subscription); if they stay for more than one month then kk stand to make x00% profit.... where x is the total months the person stayed.

Word of mouth is the cheapest and most powerful form of advertising today. Youre gonna believe your mates over some flashy ad on tv/magazine/radio arent you?

If the product is good enough (DOY) then they stand to make a bundle and we the players get a nice reward.

If referall schemes dont work why is it that every major telephone and cable tv company are running those very campaigns and countless others have done so in other industries in the past. If they can set up some sort of system to verify its a new user (perhaps credit card details or ip addresses for starters) then it can work. I realise that obviously people pay for multiple accounts off one card and play multiple accounts off their machines but if a rigid set of criteria were put in place the potential is there. im not gonna think too much harder on this as im not kk and ive got some loming to do so ill see you all in game. :D

Psyco Groupie
17-03-04, 22:42
if you offered it to old players its not fair.

if you offered it to anyone, people are gonna make it unfair.

its, not, going, to, work.

Drake6k
17-03-04, 23:23
I've gotten 4 people to play Neocron. I dont know if I can get more now :) But yes anways.

Heavyporker
17-03-04, 23:31
It's a worthy idea to consider

kbmg
18-03-04, 13:36
that would be cool i agree with the month or 2 delay to prevent exploit. another option is in game rewards for referalls depending on how many referals a person has. these perks can range from 1000 cr.....to rare parts... to soul light boosts....to something perminant added to the char (more gogo space) for several referals...to notes in runner info...to special titles in forums.

giving in game rewards with little or imesuraable intrinsic value would make referring a big benifit and cost kk nothing. even some sort of referral tracking for bragging rights would be cool.

i know my web page has brought in new blood. because it has for every other game on it. and ive seen people i knew from other games. so yep word of mouth works....but a lot of people will advertize free..... but i know for a fact i try harder to get people into neopets than neocron because neopets give ingame benifitss like those above.

Jesterthegreat
18-03-04, 13:47

it loses kk profit if you give people an insentive to get others playing? O_o

besides... RBS (Royal Bank of Scotland) give a £500 bonus to someone who refers someone... lol

dunno how thats relevent actually, and i dont work there either O_o