PDA

View Full Version : SSH Stealth Self Help group

winnoc
17-03-04, 16:32
Hi,

My name is Winnoc, and i would like to admit it.......

Yes, i've been using stealth for a couple of months now.
At first i just tried a low level one, just to see what it did, and it made me able to play a bit longer before my lifeless eyes were looking up into that fading red sky.
Then it got worse, and now i'm up to the point where i use it as soon as i feel Lightning or cursed souls frying my spy skin.

Not only that, but i've also gotten hooked on drugs. Redflash, whiteflash, dammageblocker, antishock, stealthbreaker.

*sniff*

*looks around in the group*

Anyone else like to share their experience with the group and hold hands in support? :-)

L0KI
17-03-04, 16:34
I broke free from my Stealth addiction when i saw the light.

Now i fight to the death. They die or i die. Believe it or not, the fact that i could be killed on a char with stealth capabilities at anytime makes me less likely to die than if i were to pop stealth.

Psyco Groupie
17-03-04, 16:35
Hi im a psyco groupie,

I like to kill people and wind up enemies on trade

(I promise ill stop winding you up at easter :P)

Original monk
17-03-04, 16:47
hi my name is original

i must confess that i use stealth also .. but i dont do drugs (ingame) ...

not the stealth 1 and stuff ... no no .. my sins are much bigger :/

OBLITERATOR indeed :eek: i cant help it :/ it got me hooked .. on my secret sniperfullcombatriflerspy :/ i use it all the time ... dont have to tell me ..i know .. its bad :(

its yust soo easy ... yust press it and press autowalk and ya yust go anywhere witouth troubles and in the meanwhile ya can roll some funnycigarettes ..

and yeah ... i also use it when i get noticed by my opponents (victims that is hehe) and when they bring in the cavalery ..

snif

atleast i told it to you guys ... thats one step closer allready ...

L3m0n
17-03-04, 16:47
hi my names lemon
i used stealth but...
Stealth = nibbish :(

but drugs are the win! (come on im BD :D )

SynC_187
17-03-04, 17:03
Originally posted by L3m0n
hi my names lemon
i used stealth but...
Stealth = nibbish :(

Now I have 3 PPU's up my ass instead

:rolleyes: :p o_O

MrChumble
17-03-04, 17:04
Hi my names Rosy Eastmoor (split personality and all that) and I've a stealth addiction. I just can't stop ninja hacking then stealthing around taunting people. People call me nasty names for using the tools KK gave me, but then they use dev and HAB 2 minutes later, so I feel better.

Clownst0pper
17-03-04, 17:07
Please explain to me how stealth and Holy anti buff will ever be in the same catagory?

One is an offensive spell which is the only way in most cases of killing ppus and other buffed chars.

Stealth is a defensive, escape tool, most commonly used by those incapable of combat 1vs1 or 1vs20

Comparing them both is ludicrous.

Koro's bro-

Psyco Groupie
17-03-04, 17:12
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Please explain to me how stealth and Holy anti buff will ever be in the same catagory?

One is an offensive spell which is the only way in most cases of killing ppus and other buffed chars.

Stealth is a defensive, escape tool, most commonly used by those incapable of combat 1vs1 or 1vs20

Comparing them both is ludicrous.

Everyone here thinks ludicrous is a rapper .. try some shorter words :lol:

Clownst0pper
17-03-04, 17:14
Everyone here thinks ludicrous is a rapper .. try some shorter words

OK...

Comparing them both is the state of the players within neocron, who feel that Holy anti buff is a spell which shouldnt be used.

I KNOW!

lets not use Fire apocalypse, or HL, just because its like being a stealth whore..

Any clearer? o_O

Koro's bro-

ezza
17-03-04, 17:15
im proud to say my PE is lowtech rifle user and i aint ever used stealth in fight

my tank also has a dislike of people who feel its needed to stealth away from him

s0apy
17-03-04, 17:16
hi, i'm soapy, it's been 5 months since my last stealth, on my honour.

hi, i'm pink floyd, i recently begun using an experimental reflexbooster instead of my usual str booster, and now i find myself using drugs just to get into my PA. i know i shouldn't, but the expreflexboost feels sooo good, and the camo MC PA feels sooo good. god help me.

winnoc
17-03-04, 17:18
I'm drugging so much that i'm gonna have to resort to robbing noobs at mc5 soon, cuz they are so expensive to buy.

MrChumble
17-03-04, 17:19
Well people moan about stealthers because stealth does what it's meant to do...it lets you spy on the enemy and/or escape conflict without dying. That annoys people, and in my experience it's usually the same people who are entirely happy to use stupid unbalanced KK-cludge weapons like the (patch 196) devourer or the Holy Anti-Buff.
My point is they're all in the game, so just get the hell on with dealing with them. I'm not going to apologise for using stealth, it fits in perfectly with my play strategy on Rosy and with her RP (not that I RP much, but she does more than my other chars).
Whether they *should* be in the game is an entirely different question, and I'm not about to go into that :p

Clownst0pper
17-03-04, 17:19
I'm drugging so much that i'm gonna have to resort to robbing noobs at mc5 soon, cuz they are so expensive to buy.

U never heard of cloning drugs?

Smallest amount of rubbish makes u about 10thousand drugs. :)

KK-cludge weapons like the (patch 196) devourer or the Holy Anti-Buff.

The devourer damage is now fine, and works along side anti poison spells and drugs well.

Please educate my, what is wrong with Holy Anti buff? A spell with a ROF of 32/min and has a short range, + requires 260 mana to cast, and even if u do manage to cast it, the PPU can quickly rebuff instantly.

Please enlighten me on why this is a terrible weapon

Koro's bro-

o_O

ezza
17-03-04, 17:20
U never heard of cloning drugs?

Smallest amount of rubbish makes u about 10thousand drugs. :)

Koro's bro- but how many people can spare the points for recycle

winnoc
17-03-04, 17:21
Off course i'll also stealth right away if they start ganking me with their TL1 knives :-)

Clownst0pper
17-03-04, 17:29
but how many people can spare the points for recycle

Support 3? or construct 3? forget which gives recycle, and then just go to a mine.

The mine alone gives +50 recycle.

thats plenty for any drug.... :rolleyes:

Koro's bro-

Liebestoter
17-03-04, 17:30
Hi, my name is Liebestoter and when PEs or spies go stealth after shooting me in the back while I'm hunting, I pull out my Malediction and blast the ground.

>_>

ezza
17-03-04, 17:31
that presumes you can get the buffs and have acess to the bonus to theop.

lets see you do that with your enemy holding all the map;)

Clownst0pper
17-03-04, 17:33
How hard is it to get level 3 buffs? just run to a friendly ppu and ask for them, da da! insta clone.

Oh the pain :lol:

Koro's bro-

MrChumble
17-03-04, 17:35
Originally posted by MrChumble
Whether they *should* be in the game is an entirely different question, and I'm not about to go into that :p

Damn, it seems I lied :p

Originally posted by Koro's Bro
The devourer damage is now fine, and works along side anti poison spells and drugs well.

I agree, the 197 devourer is ok. In fact I think they nerfed it a bit too much, my personal preference is tank-o-cron > monk-o-cron.

Originally posted by Koro's Bro
Please educate my, what is wrong with Holy Anti buff? A spell with a ROF of 32/min and has a short range, + requires 260 mana to cast, and even if u do manage to cast it, the PPU can quickly rebuff instantly.

Please enlighten me on why this is a terrible weapon

The HAB exists because KK can't balance monks. They couldn't get the shell off the nut so they went out and bought a mallet to do the job. It's a crude and stupid 'fix' that doesn't fix anything at all and adds to the frustrations of an already quite frustrating class.

A PPU can't re-buff instantly, but that's academic. My issue with the HAB is simply that it's a very bad "patch it on and hope it doesn't leak" fix to a very serious problem (monk, and especially PPU, class balance).

It's been suggested in the past that PPU should get spells that stop tanks reloading, or remove all the spells from an APUs quick belt etc. They sound like crazy suggestions, but they're basically the equivalent of the HAB. Would a nerf that made tanks drop all their devourer ammo on the floor have been better than adjusting the attack power of the devourer? We're talking that level of dumbness.

Rant over. I really really hate the HAB, not because it's overpowered but because KK actually genuinly seem to think it's a valid way to 'balance' PPUs. Baka.

Ok rant really over now :p

ezza
17-03-04, 17:46
How hard is it to get level 3 buffs? just run to a friendly ppu and ask for them, da da! insta clone.

Oh the pain :lol:

Koro's bro- how much does buff 3 give?

the drugs need at least 30 iirc(stuff like beast etc)

if your fully PvP setup your not going to have points in recycle(as your bro said to me when i asked if he can recycle "only nibs have recycle")so that just leaves the buff and unless it gives +30 you aint making your own high end drugs.

applejuice
17-03-04, 17:47
Originally posted by ezza
but how many people can spare the points for recycle

i smell gimpage comming up indeed

Herbitt
17-03-04, 17:52
Hi my name is Herbitt

i recently on my PE ditched my stealth addiction in order to go low tech, but i felt my gun was not 'up to scratch'. Im now back using my stealth tool but i try avoid using it at all times, but its so hard. I use drugs to make me feel better and being a Tsunami, i would like to invite anyone to come join me in passing away the day in the pussy club chomping all drugs my pimps sell yo muthas.

g'day

;)

winnoc
17-03-04, 17:53
Well, i'm gonna be loming a bit in the next days. I recalculated my setups and i'll be doing a lot into energy resists, and poison resists.

And yes, i'll be putting some points back into recycle, cuz dragging around all that ammo just sucks and i need them drugs, before i go cold turkey all over at an op fight.

Clownst0pper
17-03-04, 18:00
"only nibs have recycle"

Koro has been playing for almost 2 years, give him any class and he can make a 100% PVP player.

Thats not to say they arent always cookie cutter, some people agree with them, some people dont.

But if youd ever played on his account, all his characters are shit hot (3 capped, one spy in his 95+ int and dex) whether u like the guy or not :) Yeah im his bro, but if his characters were wank, id certainly tell him. :p

Yes, id see recycle as a waist, but theres alot of PPU's out there who do actually spec some recycle, sure it wouldnt be hard to find them!

Koro's bro-

Strych9
17-03-04, 18:01
My name is Strych9.

I am a pure constructor, and currently use Stealth III just to annoy S.L.B. while he is BPing things for me.

In BPOY, I will use it to get around the city undetected. :)

ezza
17-03-04, 18:02
thats a ppu though.

a combat spy( a real combat spy)cant afford the recycle.

a tank can go recycle, but the hovertec is a lot more usefull.

a pe cant spare the points.

a apu maybe dunno

a ppu yeah proberbly

Estabin
18-03-04, 04:42
Hi I am Estabin,

I am a rifle/spy and use stealth and not one little bit sorry about it, they put stealth into the game to help spies be a little more viable so there is nothing wrong with it as far as I can see. I still die since it takes a little bit to switch to stealth from my weapon so there still is that chance, until they give spies a more viable defense then stealth , it is just fine for spies (as I have seen many people already say on this forum) and as I have said before, I have never seen the amount of stealthing spies one side has decide an OP fight.

Now stealthing PEs well that is another matter....

Kenjuten
18-03-04, 05:05
How is a stealthing PE another matter? I'm curious. D:

On Topic: True Sight Sanctum Ownz J00. D:

Rade
18-03-04, 11:33
You can pry my stealth 2 from my dead fingers.

Oh wait, Im a stealthwhore, so that wont happen ;)

PS, how about using an abbreviation that isnt already widely
known as something else, it aint as bad at NATO but hey :p DS

ZoomZoom
18-03-04, 11:38
hi my name is blind

and ie been useing sealth on my spy for a few weeks now :(

winnoc
18-03-04, 11:44
My friends,

Even though i've been fighting the urge strongly, last night i relapsed.
I was at an op war with many many allieds........ shooting at me and my clanmates ??????

So i pulled out the stealthtool to escape and go snipe from inside the hackroom.
I see this PE come up, so i stealthed, stood in front of him and gave him a good SEX......
I know, i feel so dirty now, i hope you can all understand...... Let's hold hands now :-)