PDA

View Full Version : Should SL be removed from game?

naimex
17-03-04, 12:28
Should Soullight be removed from the game ?

Not meaning that you can run around killing as you see fit.

but :

If you are near a copbot and you draw a weapon you will be told to put it down, 3 warnings in total, then they should open fire.

All areas should be anarchy or warzones

If a weapon is fired near a copbot it will immediately open fire on you.

If you kill someone near a copbot you will be added to the NCPD citycom wanted list, and then every copbot will KOS you, for a time (dont know how long).

something like this, well what do you think ??

Good ? Bad ? Comments ?

Sleawer
17-03-04, 12:37
I think that SL still can play a good role in the game, but the system is broken indeed.

Dade Murphey
17-03-04, 12:46
I think things need to be more faction oriented than SL oriented...I'm not xactly sure how this should happen...but what I've been thinking about is maybe you would appear Allied/neutral/enemy to factions depending on your personal FS...if your FS with your mother faction was too low they basically boot you out and you would be whatever your next faction is with 30+ FS (if multiple, then you go to the highest one)...if you had none you would degrade to, maybe, Anarchy Breed (being as your entirely lawless at that point) and not be safe really anywhere you go and be red to everyone

And man...if you want a poll to be serious...why put the BS option in there??

angelsenior
17-03-04, 12:47
I say SL can be removed and replaced with this;

-you have the right to kill anyone enemy to your faction.

-you have the right to kill anyone your clan is at war with (war declarations needed).

-If you kill someone who you dont have the right to kill you are put on a wanted list (anyone can kill you and gets a bonus for this), the more unallowed kills, the higher the bonus.
killing a player of less then half your level counts as a double kill (as half a kill if you have the right to kill him, first kill wont put you on wanted list).

-you are only assumed to have killed someone if you do more then 30% of the damage needed to kill him (ie a stray shot wont be considered as killing the guy when he dies).
either count this in number of damage or in number of shots aimed at him.

-you have the right to kill anyone who starts shooting you (ie self-defense is allowed).

winnoc
17-03-04, 12:48
Dade's idea is pretty good.

If you just remove SL people wouldn't play according to their faction at all anymore and you might as well leave out factions all together

Haxxor
17-03-04, 12:50
if u remover SL then its Player V Player. Losin SL is punishment for killing a Faction Ally, Nuteral + enemy in some cases.

Devils Grace
17-03-04, 12:56
NEIN

it should stay but it should be reworked

there were some ideas about this before some of them were really cool (like mine:D )

its completly stupid the wat SL works now
theres no real punishement to the EVIL PPL, and good ppl will always be fucked up

ezza
17-03-04, 13:16
it does need reworking, someone goes red SL, they go streight to there apartment, mehh.

i got red sl at mb other day, i just carried on fighting, risking the lose of 3 rares that day, and you know i died, but clan mate got my gear, other wise i would lost all my rares and it would of been like hmm now what, would of been out of action pvp wise for some time until i replace the weapons.

now ok it was my fault for going red, but theres no good reason to go red, its just something to fuck you over when you kill some people who aint enemy but annoy you:p

either way it needs to be changed

-=BlackBeard=-
17-03-04, 14:09
i would preffer soul light not to be in the game but then i could just imagine the killing sprees....... imagine it just runing into the plaza 2 cellar and killing anything with a heart beat because you werre bored with out have any reprucutions

J. Folsom
17-03-04, 18:04
What? And lose the title of being the only droner with 100 soullight? Never!

:p

On a more serious note, soullight should stay in, though the system needs some changes. Mostly I think the item dropping penalties for it need to be removed, but players should get bounty sums paid to them for killing low SL players, though such bounties can only be claimed once a day, to prevent this from being used to generate too much money. That or, people could donate to the bounty on a certain player, that way a really infamous PKer would probably generate a huge bounty over time, giving people an incentive hunt him/her, which is what most PKers want anyway, since they enjoy fighting.

jernau
17-03-04, 18:12
Originally posted by J. Folsom
What? And lose the title of being the only droner with 100 soullight? Never!

Not quite the only one ;).

On-topic - SL should stay, though as said many times before it needs some work.

@Naimex - nice unbiased poll :rolleyes:

yibble
17-03-04, 18:58
Once again, another biasly worded poll. How predictable.

Bl@zed
17-03-04, 19:17
soulight is nothing but a carebear system, i say you lose SL for killing allied factions, but you shouldnt lose soulight for killling neutrals...and for fucksake, get rid of hunting zones! :(

Shadow Dancer
17-03-04, 19:37
SL makes no sense and should be removed.

naimex
17-03-04, 20:38
You do know that the *drom* option is = I dont care about this thing, but however I have read it.

Yes = Good idea let it be done
No = Bad idea I donīt want this to happen
"Maybe Option" = Yes if we did this and this or that and that
drom = I dont care/ I have no opinion on this matter (an intellectual is intellectual by having an opinion, tanks are not intellectuals nor is droms. the combinement of these would be drom sex which would result in a beast even stupider than those two combined = non intellectual = no opinion = drom)

Thatīs why it is set as it is.

greendonkeyuk
17-03-04, 20:44
Originally posted by angelsenior
I say SL can be removed and replaced with this;

-you have the right to kill anyone enemy to your faction.

-you have the right to kill anyone your clan is at war with (war declarations needed).

-If you kill someone who you dont have the right to kill you are put on a wanted list (anyone can kill you and gets a bonus for this), the more unallowed kills, the higher the bonus.
killing a player of less then half your level counts as a double kill (as half a kill if you have the right to kill him, first kill wont put you on wanted list).

-you are only assumed to have killed someone if you do more then 30% of the damage needed to kill him (ie a stray shot wont be considered as killing the guy when he dies).
either count this in number of damage or in number of shots aimed at him.

-you have the right to kill anyone who starts shooting you (ie self-defense is allowed).

if the game engine can recognise this then what he said sums it up.

naimex
17-03-04, 20:46
I believe that everything but the last thing can be done with the current engine.

Leebzie
17-03-04, 20:57
Really I think like , fighting back penalties should be removed, and the 5 item drop, so you can actually play more viably with low soullight. perhaps just remove safeslots at -16 or less SL ?

Exmond
17-03-04, 21:09
Make ever place a warzone/ anarchy zone...

Ooookay, you try leveling in that enviroment...

yibble
18-03-04, 00:00
Originally posted by naimex
You do know that the *drom* option is = I dont care about this thing, but however I have read it.

Yes = Good idea let it be done
No = Bad idea I donīt want this to happen
"Maybe Option" = Yes if we did this and this or that and that
drom = I dont care/ I have no opinion on this matter (an intellectual is intellectual by having an opinion, tanks are not intellectuals nor is droms. the combinement of these would be drom sex which would result in a beast even stupider than those two combined = non intellectual = no opinion = drom)

Thatīs why it is set as it is.

I agree with that synopsis, but not with the comments that you placed against the original poll options. That's what stears the vote and also provides spurious results.

El Barto
18-03-04, 00:08
Hell no, sorry, but thats just a down right stupid idea, not trying to be rude, but its the truth.

Cruzbroker
18-03-04, 00:31
Leave the stupid additional twisting etc bla bla options already. I say NO, I don't say I'm an angel.

gostly
18-03-04, 00:54
i cant vote...cuz i dont want it removed...becuz i wanna be red and seen as a 'criminal'...but currently it's impossible and very un-viable to do so...so the SL system needs to be tweaked and they need to stop being so fuckin hard on criminals becuz i'd like to start seeing people who have red SL...instead of everyone having green

Promethius
18-03-04, 01:05
No, SL should not be removed. Or atleast the idea of SL
regardless of the name. I've mentioned this before and
I think SL hits should depend on the victums of Pkers.
Once a victum is killed there should be a a window that
pops up similar to a team window. In the window it
should NOT say there name but rather something along
the lines of 'Player A' and ont he side of it, it should say
wat % of dmg they did overall to your full HP. Also if

theres multiple players attacking you downt he list of
the window there would be 'Player B' c, d, and so on.
Each saying the % of dmg. Next to each name there
should be a check box that u decide whos going to take
a SL hit. Then after that there should be a few chioces
of how much SL they should lose. Whether its a -10
hit or less. Instead of dropping from 100 Sl to -10, it
would just subtract that number.

-Prom

Sleawer
18-03-04, 01:20
I haven't voted either. Not because the poll, I don't see it that bad... it's that I still believe in the potential that SL has, but I as naimex and many others dislike how is it handled atm.

jernau
18-03-04, 04:43
Originally posted by Promethius
No, SL should not be removed. Or atleast the idea of SL
regardless of the name. I've mentioned this before and
I think SL hits should depend on the victums of Pkers.
Once a victum is killed there should be a a window that
pops up similar to a team window. In the window it
should NOT say there name but rather something along
the lines of 'Player A' and ont he side of it, it should say
wat % of dmg they did overall to your full HP. Also if

theres multiple players attacking you downt he list of
the window there would be 'Player B' c, d, and so on.
Each saying the % of dmg. Next to each name there
should be a check box that u decide whos going to take
a SL hit. Then after that there should be a few chioces
of how much SL they should lose. Whether its a -10
hit or less. Instead of dropping from 100 Sl to -10, it
would just subtract that number.

-Prom

I like that.

I'd like names in there too but I can see why people would rather they didn't. Ai least faction and rank should go in though IMO.