PDA

View Full Version : The Neocron Balance

Crest
17-03-04, 10:50
The Neocron Balance

I sit here and think about all the faction hopping, and wonder if DOY would accommodate what each faction should stand for …. To Me this is what its like

CM
CM should not be able to hold ops. They are private hire kinda guys, so here they should have a special locator ability. That being, they can type a runners name into a Home term and it give their location. They can be hired for assistance from all factions, and not loose SL when doing a hit

FA
FA should have smaller numbers and be given a technological advantage … Maybe be able to control the bots in tech haven and spawn them.

TG
TG should stay the rebellious boys and girls. I think their effectiveness should be directly proportional to numbers and ranks. The more they have the less per shot damage they do. How can you be a rebel if everyone else is with you

NEXT
Next, since they produce vehicles, they should have exclusive vehicles that would be their edge

BD
At present on some servers BD live up to their name, Cant be trusted, They should be at the heart of every disruption in anyway. Possible have special stealth abilities and can sabotage in op wars, place explosives, that kind of thing

Crahn
Crahn are spiritually advance, they should be the home of the Monk, but some sort of balancing is needed as you don’t want every monk here

TT
TT the leaders in the gun race, should afford their runners an advance weapon or too, this is their edge

PP
Imagine PP giving its runners drugs that would increase their performance by 30%, and had no side effects last a couple of minutes.

TS
Hey guys I dunno what you do SOZ

Diamond
So when BD steal the ops while a clan is hacking it, they can pass it onto Diamond who must sell to highest bidder. Also mebbe Diamond be more involved with the new furniture structure in NC

I played AOK a lot and what made that game good was, everyone had different strengths and weaknesses… Right now the game balance is out due to the only way you win anything is numbers. On some servers some factions have been populated with the No-Workers. The guys who have time all day to sit and play, this is not a bad thing if they are spread out through factions, put them into 1 faction and no matter how good the hard work, they can log on when everyone not home and just help themselves ….
This needs some thinking, and so do the special bonuses each faction gives ….

Garg [RogueNET]
17-03-04, 10:52
seem like really good ideas, BUT... the CM not loosing SL.... every PKer in the game will be CM... it will not be that good.. O_o

garyu69
17-03-04, 10:53
Seems good, although i would reckon that most PK'ers would be CM and would just constaly be killing noobs etc :(

I'm interested to see how the whole faction system is setup for DoY, i really don't want to have to be friends to those filthy Crahn though :(

SPIKE (pluto)
17-03-04, 12:44
TS good send strippers into battle :p

L0KI
17-03-04, 14:14
I do believe that a change is needed regarding faction strengths/weeknesses.

I think the basics of your idea are spot on, but i think the specifics need a lot of work.

Dribble Joy
17-03-04, 14:25
The whole SL system needs to go, but perhaps CM should not loose faction symp if on a job.
Problem is, people would simply get an alt/mate to put a hit out on someone.
Unless of course it is the employer who gets the symp hit instead of the Cm, he just doesn't have to get his hands dirty.