PDA

View Full Version : Idea for Vehicles

Varaem
17-03-04, 05:21
We might see more vehicles in the game if KK took a hint from Halo and GTA3, both very successful games, both of which have vehicles. In Halo, passengers on vehicles are allowed to shoot things, like the shotgun seat on a warthog (which looks suspiciously like a chain craft/reveller). In the big tank, they have places where people can sit ontop the tank and shoot from. Maybe the Rhino could have seats in the open that allow people to shoot from too?

In GTA3 on the bike you can shoot people with one handed weapons... pistols. I think melee too? That'd be really fun, to do drive by shootings with a lib on a hovtech.

Anyway, rate 5 stars.

Forgot to put a poll.

ZoneVortex
17-03-04, 05:58
[edited for violation of the forum rules -- spam]

Ozambabbaz
17-03-04, 07:58
that would be sweet :) also

Vehicles needs

- Headlights and weapon mounted flashlights

- Trunks

- Ammo bins

- Chop Shops, where u can alter the vehicle, prayhaps kill the Mine OPs and make these Garages

- Lower VHC reqs

- Removal of the HC req on the current Driver controlled GunMounts, replace with Tech Combat

and alot more, probably

ZoneVortex
17-03-04, 08:32
[edited -- check your PM's /Vithar]

ok lemme try again.

WHY YES, VARAEM. I LOVE YOUR IDEA. HALO AND GTA ARE WONDERFUL GAMES AND NEOCRON COULD DEFEINITEKYLY BECUM BETTER BY USING THESE IDeAS. THANK YOU FOR YOUR POST.

amfest
17-03-04, 09:30
- Lower VHC reqs

nah I"m all for if you want to get the best of the vehicles you have to put effort into it. and like this site says about the gliders on test http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/Fahrzeuge.htm
I hope they stay high so the higest assult gliders remain within the realm of the dedicated vehicle spy.

- Removal of the HC req on the current Driver controlled GunMounts, replace with Tech Combat

well maybe the hovercraft, and where you have a situatied seat position but like the swival gun on the 4x4 chaincraft and the trike I'd still see as some sort of HC. When i first saw HC reqs on combat vehicles i was like wtf! Spys can't gun their own vehicles and such but it's possible. In fact a spy can gun everything except the rhino. and when gliders come out they will be able to fly those also and gun them :)

g0rt
17-03-04, 09:32
Originally posted by Varaem
We might see more vehicles in the game if KK took a hint from Halo and GTA3, both very successful games, both of which have vehicles. In Halo, passengers on vehicles are allowed to shoot things, like the shotgun seat on a warthog (which looks suspiciously like a chain craft/reveller). In the big tank, they have places where people can sit ontop the tank and shoot from. Maybe the Rhino could have seats in the open that allow people to shoot from too?

I agree with both. But unfortunately I would like to see vehicles work properly before KK tries to fiddle with them. Having the weapon on the back of the trike, for example, swivveling properly so the bike is actually USEFULL again would be a good start :rolleyes:

Ozambabbaz
17-03-04, 14:18
Originally posted by amfest
nah I"m all for if you want to get the best of the vehicles you have to put effort into it. and like this site says about the gliders on test http://www.sheriff-hardy.de/Fahrzeuge.htm
I hope they stay high so the higest assult gliders remain within the realm of the dedicated vehicle spy.

well maybe the hovercraft, and where you have a situatied seat position but like the swival gun on the 4x4 chaincraft and the trike I'd still see as some sort of HC. When i first saw HC reqs on combat vehicles i was like wtf! Spys can't gun their own vehicles and such but it's possible. In fact a spy can gun everything except the rhino. and when gliders come out they will be able to fly those also and gun them :)

I'd be all for dedicated Spy combat stuff, but hey, this ain't formula 1 racing, these things go 5 miles an hour, we are nowhere near having ANY sort of use for dedicated drivers, it's sad.

And with the HC reqs, vehicles get real crappy aiming, i just can't see why a turret mounted gunner seat requires any sort of Str or HC, i mean HC is for loading a Cannon on ur soldier, that doesn't fit in with using swing-pedals and pushing buttons :confused: anybody tried using a combat hovertec or a combat chaincraft in an OP war where people r running 10 miles an hour and the aiming is like Midget Tossing?

Give them low VHC reqs, but u can jump the Int and put in Dex all u want to make it spy stuff, requiring 75+ VHC is just mad gimpage for a Spy.

amfest
17-03-04, 14:26
Give them low VHC reqs, but u can jump the Int and put in Dex all u want to make it spy stuff, requiring 75+ VHC is just mad gimpage for a Spy.

. . . till mechs come out

(hey! I can dream right?)

Ozambabbaz
17-03-04, 14:28
dude, i'm sleeping right next to ya in the bed of broken dreams, but if they continue with this and give the mechs HC too....gaaah

Agent L
17-03-04, 17:06
hmm VHC is ok, lotsa ppl are dedicated drivers.
STR reqs for gunning sucks, genTank has better dmg output with cs anyway.

There could be uber vehicle requiring THREE ppl to operate a loader who only clicks to move ammo form his inv to main gun clip. Not very funny job, just to make 3rd person needed to shot teh big gun : D