PDA

View Full Version : Big Clan vs Small Clan...

___T-X____
17-03-04, 00:37
Well, im finding it a f00ker to try to start something without joining a big clan. Not to slate the big clans, I just want to try to view the reasons between choosing Big or small Clan

sparrowtm
17-03-04, 00:39
I would never join a big clan. I'd feel like just another number or merely like a tool with a gun.

Small clans is where the fun is at, and when smaller clans efficiently combine their strengths it is even possible to fight the big players if wanted. :)

hinch
17-03-04, 00:41
Originally posted by sparrowtm
Small clans is where the fun is at, and when smaller clans efficiently combine their strengths it is even possible to fight the big players if wanted. :)

its even more fun when the small clan takes out 4 big clans at the same time :)

Rob01m
17-03-04, 00:42
Define big or small.

I don't think even the biggest clans in Neocron can make you feel like a number.... There would have to be thousands for that to happen, which isn't going to happen any time soon :P

But I agree that the relatively smaller clans (for me) are more fun to participate in simply because the challenge is greater. If I were in a clan that took up half the server *cough* it wouldn't be as much fun for me.

steweygrrr
17-03-04, 00:43
Yeah I agree being in a small clan does rock...everyone gets rares quicker, easier to arrange clan hunts etc....the only downside is being able to muster enough people for an opwar against people who can easily muster aroun 20 people.

joran420
17-03-04, 00:46
its fun when u join a small clan and watch it grow :)

hinch
17-03-04, 00:48
Originally posted by steweygrrr
Yeah I agree being in a small clan does rock...everyone gets rares quicker, easier to arrange clan hunts etc....the only downside is being able to muster enough people for an opwar against people who can easily muster aroun 20 people.

fang is a small clan we have 20 people op war earlier 20 people on our side

every clan is bigger than us and normally turn up with a minium of 30

so your ideas of big and small are completely different to mine
and unless he states his idea's of big and small we'll never know

sparrowtm
17-03-04, 00:54
Originally posted by hinch
every clan is bigger than us and normally turn up with a minium of 30

Don't forget that FAnG isn't the only clan with many multiple accounts on the server though, hinch. I know many of SWATs members (who have approx. 8 members more than you) are alts as well. No difference with Tech-Toys and US. ;)

hinch
17-03-04, 00:55
yeah i know but when you all come at once your considerably larger

sparrowtm
17-03-04, 00:58
Originally posted by hinch
yeah i know but when you all come at once your considerably larger

"they", not "you - I'm not into OP-fights :p Just wanted to point it out, I know how well FAnG is doing against greater numbers.

/stops with OT now, her last ban ended only 2 days ago.

hinch
17-03-04, 01:11
yeah wouldnt worry too much about that :)

but you should come by canyon one day and say hi :)

or take me lvling i always need chars with high combat ranks to give me int :(

L0KI
17-03-04, 02:49
When i led sYn on Uranus (as you will remember TX :p ), I lost track of all of our members.

Had no idea who the vast majority were, and where they had come from.

Small clans > Big clans imo.

Just find a bunch of people on pluto(?) with a similar attitude to yourself about how you are goin to play the game.
Then setup a small clan, that knows each other's playing style inside out.

TEN TIMES more effective than a squad of 40 whom know nothing about one another's playstyle.

deac
17-03-04, 09:53
well its kinda hard to define big in nc.... on a good day FF can have like 20 ppl in a op fight... more often we tend to field 10-15.

Soo i guess thats big for pluto?:confused:

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 12:04
Originally posted by deac
well its kinda hard to define big in nc.... on a good day FF can have like 20 ppl in a op fight... more often we tend to field 10-15.

Soo i guess thats big for pluto?:confused:

yea its big... huge ;)

dont act like you dont know that lol

deac
17-03-04, 12:06
ok then that just means pluto suck ass :(

we REALLY need more ppl :\

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 12:07
Originally posted by deac
ok then that just means pluto suck ass :(

we REALLY need more ppl :\

yeah it does deac...if you want to know why it does dm me ingame in 9 days =P

deac
17-03-04, 12:12
cant dm you, im going to be too busy ninja hacking your ops and csting turrets :P

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 12:19
no need to dm me anymore.. i thought you didnt know the answer oO

Doc Holliday
17-03-04, 21:28
small clan. on voice chat. good players. thats what technoxan always used to preach to me. good players are needed for the small clan to work tho in any pvp situation i think it goes without saying but this is about big vs small right. dont wanna hijack the thread.

Edit. Big clans 100 + members on diff times etc means major ball ache if u are the leader. again voice chat helps cos u get to know people more and know who u can trust to co opt. still small clans work wonders. u dont do leaders and shit. everyone lumps in.

greendonkeyuk
17-03-04, 21:35
Imo if you get a bunch of people who play regularly, play together and play well then it doesnt matter if you are in a big clan or a small clan; jus as long as the 3 or 4 or 5 people or how ever many you got can all get along and fight (and die? :eek: yeah hinch i bet even you have lost once or twice :D j/k) then its good fun. As long as the TEAM works then its good. As far as politics and leadership etc goes well i leave that side of things to the likes of Doc and Rabbi, both have made valid points above.

vpreztap
17-03-04, 21:51
i ran alphabet soup on saturn and we stoped recruiting at 8 members, we were having fun at that size and everyone was important to what we were doing. small clans are so much more fun.

___T-X____
17-03-04, 22:09
Well, im playing Pluto atm and I was lucky enough to get into a very good _big_ clan. real bunch of great guys, however, trying to organise something was sooooo difficult, and the Red tape around who is KoS, who is not, who is ok now etc was really bad - I got bollocked on occassions

I personal feel, as others have stated on this thread (hi loki!, doc, the Green and Cylon.) that s small clan can have a great relationship with its players. I think the players need to be regular for it to work, but I really believe it can. Especially when working as a unit.

Im finding increasing frustrating trying to start something on Pluto, i must admit.

I also have found that (as someone stated) that getting a good rare pool is difficult in a larger clan.

/edit : Small is 10 members, regular players most nights maybe, no alts, around about that

Kal
17-03-04, 22:28
never been in a really bug clan but i love being in a small clan and getting to know your clanmates well