how about you ?

giga191
17-03-04, 00:07
Should i get BF:vietnam or UT:2004?

sparrowtm
17-03-04, 00:08
http://home.arcor.de/sparrowtm/l33t_cereal.jpg

How about you? :p

Nah, really. I'll rather stick with Americas Army ... I'm actually getting good at it. o_O

Cytaur
17-03-04, 00:21
if you're into geeky sci-fi plasma lasers crap get UT 2k4, real men prefer real guns !

Seriously, UT 2k4 is a good game, but I can't stand those retarded lasers, plasma, lightning (wtf) gun etc... Even that scorpion jeep shoots some tarded green chain thingy... BF:Vietnam has everything... like EVERYTHING. UT2k4 style is like the best twitch skills win, all you do is rush and kill. In BF:V it's more teamwork, and various tactics, not just kill kill kill. And overall it has better gameplay etc.

Psyco Groupie
17-03-04, 00:23
BF engine makes me puke, its like retardedly easily to kill people if you get an advantage

joran420
17-03-04, 00:48
I love BF...but as it is i play 100% on DC so i prolly wont go for BF:V atm at least....maybe in a week or so ...besides im just starting to be able to fly the DC helo's and i hear the vietnam ones are even harder

Shujin
17-03-04, 00:49
Originally posted by Cytaur
if you're into geeky sci-fi plasma lasers crap
... u ever play a game called neocron? i hear its real good.

sparrowtm
17-03-04, 00:51
Originally posted by Shujin

Now this is what I call quality pwning. :lol:

Cytaur
17-03-04, 04:07
Originally posted by Shujin

at least NC isn't that geeky as UT 2k4 is

-=Bl@de=-
17-03-04, 04:22
BF is a good game but requires no skill what so ever, All everyone does is camp the plane spawns and TK others if they take their vehicles.
the team play element is terrible and after a few kills it gets bloody boring.

Shujin
17-03-04, 04:37
at least NC isn't that geeky as UT 2k4 is No... a game where you RP is in no way geeky.
Yes... a game where you run around shooting people, yep thats geeky.:rolleyes:

REVKhA
17-03-04, 05:04
Originally posted by -=Bl@de=-
BF is a good game but requires no skill what so ever, All everyone does is camp the plane spawns and TK others if they take their vehicles.
the team play element is terrible and after a few kills it gets bloody boring.

Thank you

ServeX
17-03-04, 05:11
I purchased Vietnam and Ut 2004 earlier, both games were good, but not as good as I expected they'd be. Vietnam has some serious FPS problems with ATI Radeon 9800's, so I had to lower my graphics to medium settings and now it works fine, needless to say the graphics still look great even on medium. In Ut2004 with highest graphics for everything it's pretty enjoyable but I'm not sure onslaught is for me, I like Deathmatch the most.

Twitch
17-03-04, 06:17
if you're into geeky sci-fi plasma lasers crap get UT 2k4, real men prefer real guns !

Seriously, UT 2k4 is a good game, but I can't stand those retarded lasers, plasma, lightning (wtf) gun etc... Even that scorpion jeep shoots some tarded green chain thingy... BF:Vietnam has everything... like EVERYTHING. UT2k4 style is like the best twitch skills win, all you do is rush and kill. In BF:V it's more teamwork, and various tactics, not just kill kill kill. And overall it has better gameplay etc.

real soldiers are the ones overseas, not in bootcamp

Invertigo
17-03-04, 06:44
how does it run on your comp....

i got all my settings up to the fullest but... it gets kinda choppy...

but the moped pwns

Clothing_Option
17-03-04, 20:54

I agree
I will probably pick up the NAM game rather than ut

giga191
17-03-04, 23:15
do u think my comp can run both games ok?
specs: p4 2.6ghz, 256mb ddr ram, broadband (600k) and a geforce FX 128mb.

joran420
17-03-04, 23:50
u could use some more ram for sure....

and BF owns UT anyday in my book

Cytaur
18-03-04, 06:19
giga, yeah you'll definately will need more ram, now game has some initial performance issues (fixed by console command), besides that you're set with your system.

cornelius5
18-03-04, 07:41
has bf1942 worked out the netcode problems ? i played early on and it was really screwed,, 2 people standing in front of each other unloading - no shots registering. and this was with a 20 ping. still was a good game w/o ff of course.

Cytaur
18-03-04, 20:40
Originally posted by cornelius5
has bf1942 worked out the netcode problems ? i played early on and it was really screwed,, 2 people standing in front of each other unloading - no shots registering. and this was with a 20 ping. still was a good game w/o ff of course.

I haven't played BF42, but BF:V doesn't have that thing