PDA

View Full Version : Should heal work after zoning?

RayBob
16-03-04, 22:29
A few patches ago, KK changed the way damage stacks affect players after they zone. Essentially, all damage stacks are eliminated if either the attacker or victim changes zones.

Well, I can understand why the stacks should end if the ATTACKER zones but they should not change if the VICTIM zones. People are zone hopping to avoid taking damage that they should be taking.

Most importantly, his change also affects heals and that is a real hindrance during the zoning up from the UG during OP fights.

Fez
16-03-04, 22:34
hhe i was told by a GM the damage from stacking would be back in last patch.. kinda wish it does come back

g0rt
16-03-04, 22:36
dunno why its like that, HELLA annoying considering zones in this game are bloody tiny

Fez
16-03-04, 22:38
it like that to stop ppl from SL exploiting, if a person u stack up zones and dies on the other side u dont takea a SL hit, it also stops ppl from killing LE'ed playering using barrels and zoning.

Instead of really fixing the problem of stacking damge and SL lose then just added some duct tape and said Wham we fixed it

Scikar
16-03-04, 22:40
Well if you heal and then zone hop from one zone to another, say between cave entrance and outside, then all the time another spends trying to attack you but zoning is time you're actually healing.

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 22:42
Actually I thought heal dying in zone was more about stopping people from cheesing.

Let's say people in an OP UG decide to spring out. They're healing so they have some insurance.

The way it works currently, it'd stop that kind of mentality and make them not depend on that insurance.

Now note, I understand fully that I don't know jack about OPs, I don't know jack on officially why they stopped damage/heal stacks from happening when you zone, but I'm simply offering what I think of it.

But if people want it back, it should come back. Aye? :cool:

Shadow Dancer
17-03-04, 00:56
I though it was a bug?

I think if you can heal, then zone and continue to be healed, it should apply to an attack using fire/poison and zoning. Basically the fire/poison should continue as well.

Just to make it fair.

I actually don't have a problem with the heal stopping. Just as long as the *rules* apply to all types of stax.

SorkZmok
17-03-04, 00:58
I'd rather have the random dmg shit on my heal removed. My capped heal sometimes only ticks for 1 hlt, sometimes 5, but never like it was before when it was "really" capped.

I can live with the zone thing though.

Ferabukoo
17-03-04, 01:25
Originally posted by Fez

Instead of really fixing the problem of stacking damge and SL lose then just added some duct tape and said Wham we fixed it

this is what they do to everything

Q`alooaith
17-03-04, 12:00
I'd recomend not launching a drone when synching, your feet get glued to the ground..

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 12:02
hmm i think heal should stop and stacks should stay

everything that hurts zone lamers is good :)

LVirus
17-03-04, 23:33
nm after all ;)

Promethius
18-03-04, 00:54
I agree with shadowdancer, the rules should apply to both
defensive spells and offensive spells. Although they incorporated
the 'no dmg from stacks after zoning' to stop the Le exploit and
no SL loss. It ruined the realisticness of zoning.

Where does it say zoning cures your poison? or stop someone
from being set on fire?

What I think they need to do is rework the SL system (which
we all kno needs to be done) and find another solution to the
zoning and hurting Le'd players.

They tried to hit two birds with one stone and the birds broke
two windows.

-Prom