PDA

View Full Version : Visual distance in wasteland

MrBiggles
16-03-04, 21:31
Can someone please clarify the settings that allow you to see the furthest in the wastelands? Online I always get answers like "fiddle around with it and see what works"

Well, since the "apply now" button doesn't appear to actually apply the changes, and you have to shut down NC and start it back up, I don't really want to waste 2 hours or so fiddling with every single graphic setting to find the magic combo.

Right now my horizon constantly looks foggy, and I have no distance at all. For instance, at the Cyclops hole near chesters, I used to be able to stand on the one side near the zone and see all the way across to where the WBs spawn. Somewhere along the line I changed those settings and now can't see shit.

Suggestions please?

Spoon
16-03-04, 21:34
Turn "Force Fog Distance" off....

That should work......

MrBiggles
16-03-04, 21:36
I'm not at home right now so not 100% sure, but 95% sure it's currently off with my can't see crap problems.

Myrlin
16-03-04, 21:44
I think its different for every video card, but on my laptop I have:

contrast, brightness, and gamma all around 50%
D3D T&L = On
Sky = Medium
Force Fog = Off
Enable Object Blend = Off
Fog Dist, Object Blend Dist, Object Detail are all the way up
Veg Detail and Max Dynamic Lights are all the way down
World texture detail, lightmap texture detail, object texture detail, and misc texture detail are all the way up.

Archeus
16-03-04, 21:56
Remember zones also have weather effects. Annoying as hell when fog comes rolling in.

Shadow Dancer
16-03-04, 22:15
If force fog is on and the setting is all the way down, you'll see about 2 ft in front of you. :D

Turning force fog off(regardless of what fog dist is at) will let you see as far as possible. And depending on your setup, might give you horrendous fps.

Omnituens
16-03-04, 23:00
i think the draw distance is maxxed out at 550m afaik

so that makes fusion and sniper rifles less effective even when capped

seratoz
17-03-04, 08:01
OBJECT BLEND OFF is your major concern....... ive done this on lot of cpus, lots of settings...... just try it.
turn it on with everything else at what you wuld think allows you to see farthest adn then shut it off. BOOM and extra 100 yards lol

Console
17-03-04, 22:12
OMG i idid waht seratoz said, i can see =O soo far. its like i was blind and now i can see !!! =O