PDA

View Full Version : Heres a crazy idea..

Siygess
16-03-04, 14:55
Ok, I'll admit I havent thought this one through very much, it's just one of those crazy ideas that just popped into my head, but here goes:

A lot of things in NC aren't realistic and are there for the sake of game balance, and I'm cool with that, but one thing that bothers me is that the RoF of ranged weapons is dependant on the skill of the user. Is it me or is this just plain crazy!

Anyone familiar with a firearm that is at least semi-automatic should be able to fire at a rate close to the weapons listed rounds per minute.. granted, with training comes the ability to keep the weapon under control and get those rounds to land on target, but thats accuracy, not RoF. I suggest that the RoF for all firearms is entirely based on the quality of the weapon.

Imagine buying a Gattling Cannon and emptying the clip in three seconds - even if most of those rounds missed!

Imagine firing a Colt Budget as fast as you could pull the trigger, or having a Street Model Uzi that was actually like an Uzi!

Imagine actually being able to hose a target down with an assault rifle!

Imag..ok, I'll stop now.

Discuss.

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 15:04
uh they dont already ?

Siygess
16-03-04, 15:09
Ah, perhaps I wasn't very clear - at the moment, you can "Cap" RoF on a firearm by having high skills/stats. This is daft. I think it should be entirely dependant on the Freq stat of the weapon ;)

Sorontar
16-03-04, 15:11
Yeah I'd have to say it sounds okay.

RoF on a semi/full auto gun would be fixed no matter who was using it , the users control over the gun / recoil ,and thus how many bullets hit , would be the variable.

Pistols & single shot rifles may be different I suppose , as your skill would increase your fluidity in pulling the trigger.

Siygess
16-03-04, 15:19
True, single shot (or bolt-action, as I like to think of them) rifles require some skill to fire quickly, but even pistols can be fired quickly if the person firing the weapon yanks the trigger instead of squeezing it :D