PDA

View Full Version : AI's, a new class for BDoY or before (or after) [Idea, Extras]

Q`alooaith
16-03-04, 13:26
We all know and love or loath the current playable classes, you've got your PE's running around doing a little of everything, your Spys trying to stay out of sight but in range, the Tanks either running up and cutting you up or blasting you with heavy weapons, and the Psi's using their mighty mind's to bend reality to their desires..

What about the AI's, you know the robot's the machines all these thing's that are killed up at MB, mob's are people too you know.. o_O

So the idea is this, a new class to choose, the AI, much like tank's they where built for war but to be a little smarter than the average bot, but being an artifical construct devoide of ANY psi powers (psi caps at level 0).. I'd make their stats as follows (when capped)

Int 50
Str 75
Con 100
Dex 75
Psi 0

this add's up to 300, which is what all classes end up with.

Now this ballances out because it's bellow the range of rare weapon's without drugging and implants.. Also without any psi power's this would be a class without access to the TL3 heal (apus can get the TL3 heal if they want to, all classes can if they want to, it might not be very good but they still can) This would make it the only class unable to use psi heals on itself.

The ideal time to intoduce this class would be with or shortly after BDoY and hacknet, as it could be seen as the AI's breaking out into the real world.. (or is it)

So what do you think, and I don't want to hear any "KK need to squash the bugs first before adding stuff" because that's just BS, there are alway's bug's in a MMOG, and if they took time to squash them all the game would never come out/ Never advance anywhere.

Candaman
16-03-04, 13:28
teamed with a ppu he would be lethal and completely unbalanced so no

Q`alooaith
16-03-04, 13:32
Originally posted by Candaman
teamed with a ppu he would be lethal and completely unbalanced so no

Excuse me, but what class is not overpowered when teamed with a PPU?

Let's see, Tank with PPU powerfull..

APU with PPU, powerfull..

PE with PPU, powerfull..

Spy with PPU, powerfull..

maybe the class could be made less appealing by removing all implant slots... This would mean no rare weapons without drugging.... is that ballanced for ya?

garyu69
16-03-04, 13:37
I suggested a Character like this before, i was in the view of having the char be something like a SAS soldier :D

Candaman
16-03-04, 13:38
well with ur stats u can have a stealthing speed gat /rifle or pistol user with 100 con and lvl 4 armour and ur not saying thats overpowered jsut cus they can't heal

winnoc
16-03-04, 13:42
Well, i don't see drugs working in a machine, so no drugs, no psi, and heal would be the repair skill :-)

Also, this machine should have a hackbonus, and no ability to use the regular implants, but specific memory slots or "mods".

Also, they should be killed when falling in water :-)

Q`alooaith
16-03-04, 13:51
well with ur stats u can have a stealthing speed gat /rifle or pistol user with 100 con and lvl 4 armour and ur not saying thats overpowered jsut cus they can't heal

I'd like to point out...

with 50 int you are still too low for the first level of stealth tool.

what's this make this class, well a tank with 25 less str, and can't use the HC PA, or any PA for that matter due to the class restrictions on it.. and 5 more Dex than a tank..

you can wear Inq 4, or duranit 4, not Duranium 2 even without drugs...

So it'd be a class that can wear pretty good armor, use a rifle and cannon, have good con setup... oh and can't use the med belt's without druggin..

It's just pretty much a PE with more con and str, less dex and int and no psi...

Rember how often when there's not a PPU around you fall back onto your TL3 heal, and self buffs, PE's more than most..

garyu69
16-03-04, 13:52
Found the setup that i had imagined:

INT: 50
STR: 80
CON: 60
DEX: 90
PSI: 20

Decent INT because they would be smart, like SAS Soldiers.
High STR because they are soldiers, but not massively Elite like Tanks
Good CON because like STR they are soldiers.
High DEX Be able to use high end guns with ease
Low PSI because they have no use for it, would even consider lowering this lower than 20

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=79823

greendonkeyuk
16-03-04, 13:54
its the year 276- somethin.... you think robots aint waterproof by now?

i think the robots would need to have some unique items ALL to themselves so that they dont get overpowered with all the insane combos mentioned above. If a specific separate set of items was introduced only to be used by them then yes it would be cool. When i first saw read the post i thought Animatrix.

"machine 77610 testified that it simply did not want to die"

edit: serial number is prolly wrong but you get the idea :D

Candaman
16-03-04, 13:55
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
I'd like to point out...

with 50 int you are still too low for the first level of stealth tool.

and don't forget implants ffs

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 13:55
whats wrong with the current classes ?

just take tanks psi away and give them 30 int ;)

Q`alooaith
16-03-04, 13:59
can you take that outside please garyru69, more number's could confuse people reading this thread, and your pimping in my idea thread... :( which detracts from my idea.

Anyway, your idea leans more towards uber powerfull than mine, just look at it... lol able to TL 3 heal, can use durnium 2/3 without much trouble, can implant to use all the high end rifles without heavly gimping like a PE would have to..

I mean all you made was a PEv.2

My idea is for somthing that's tough, but not as strong as a tank and not as dextrous as a spy, with less int than a PE but more than a tank..

and without the ablity to use a TL3 heal to fix themself up you'd either be relaint on other's for heal's, medikits or running away...

Can't use the best of the weapons from str or dex.. I mean it's not like you'd be able to use a CS and a SH at the same time..

Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
whats wrong with the current classes ?

just take tanks psi away and give them 30 int ;)

Hell I'd have take tank's psi and put it to dex rather than int..

and don't forget implants ffs

Don't get so upset, you'll say somthing you'll regret.

If you read up I suggested maybe not letting them use implants, it's all about ballanceing, if you think them using implants would cause some thing's to be inballenced say that, don't come here thinking I don't think my idea's though, I''ve been mulling the stats over for a few day's and the idea for a little over two weeks now, I thought about giving the class less point's overall, but though that would be unfair and maybe even imballaneced, rembering that when they cap they will have more dex than a PE and more STR, but less int and no psi power's, so 1vs1 on a PE they'd probably lose due to heal's and such...

Jesterthegreat
16-03-04, 15:17
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
its the year 276- somethin.... you think robots aint waterproof by now?

/me gets out his water pistol

bring on these robots!

rabidfurball
16-03-04, 18:08
B1-66-ER :D

Clive tombstone
16-03-04, 21:45
Id just like to say that this. Good Idea

To say one thing about stealth... It wont work on "non-organic" beings. If you read the discription, youl notice in order for it to work, it injecs some chemicals into the blood-stream. which causes cells in the body to bend light. Now as far as i know, robots dont have cells. so problem solved. anouther thing is, this could add a REALLY cool RP element to the game. sorta like the matrixed, Million robot march you know?

Clownst0pper
16-03-04, 22:05
1million credits the new character class is a robot, which, is pureposfully designed to be able to use all vehicles, and gun them with ease, however, they have almost no con and psi due to the fact they are so heavily reliant on vehicles for protection and offensive acction.

Intelligance 100

Strength 100

Con - 25

Dexterity - 75

Psi - 0

Watch this space :cool:

Koro's bro-

Q`alooaith
16-03-04, 22:12
who said that KK would bring in any new classes before or after BDoY..

This is just my idea Mr.posters brother..

I like my idea more than the 100 str and int one you had though, simply because it let's you gun a few vehical's, drive a few and such, but is mostly a damage resistor, without str or dex at 100 or very high it makes a less high end weapon and more jack of all trades..

Clownst0pper
16-03-04, 22:13
One of the major factors during reviews was that the game had a lack of player classes.

for KK not to add one would be commercial suicide...

Its on the cards :lol:

Koro's Bro-

Heavyporker
16-03-04, 22:24
Technically, AIs are totally digital beings, reliant on computer systems for their support.

You're talking about robots. Please make the distinction.

Anyways, following the definition, AIs would have to be THE hacker, being in definition a computer system with advanced intelligence.

So definitely 100 INT and 0 PSI. Now, while it might be a bit impractical to have AIs only viable inside HackNet... it would have to come out sometimes, if only to interact with the physical world.

So yeah, a robot body for when it comes out of the GR (hey, you go everywhere with your armor and implants in, that's metal and circuitry, no reason why a full robot can't. In fact it'd be easier to transport an AI around - its pure data already and its easier to make a robot body than synthesize a human body). Let's say a cyberguardish body, weak and slow. So 20 CON, perhaps.

being a robot, it'd have a lot of options in how it would interact with objects, tool hands and all that. 80 DEX minimum.

Also, technically speaking, something can be extremely strong yet fragile - lets say you have a hydrualic arm.... it can bench press cars, but shoot a few bullets at it, you'll hit hoses, wires, and all that, effectively disabling it. Say... 100 STR. (if nothing else, you've got a transportation mule, something robots can do extremely well. So there's the low CON and high STR rationalized.

There we go... 100 INT, 100 STR, 80 DEX and 20 CON, 0 PSI.

Something that's not just a PE reskinned, or a Spy reskinned.

While there might be problems, there's still extreme limitations. It'd have to totally live in hacknet to have any hope of staying alive for extended periods. It can't use any of the PAs (aside from the early anti-radiation PA, that is still being given out - let's keep it in, keep it class-req free, and we're set!). The anti-rad suit has plent of penalities, so nothing wrong there.

Drake6k
16-03-04, 22:34
What about this?

90 int
30 str
65 con
60 dex
55 psi

Could use level 2 buffs, resurrection, shelter, and blessed heal.
Armor would really suck.

Could use implants to get heavy belt or high enough psi for blessed shelter and holy deflector.

but I would really like to see another class with mid level psi. PE doesn't count.

Would be really interesting to see how that class would fight :p you could go apu or try and get nice ppu defense and use some rifle or pistol.

(edit) changed dex and con

Clive tombstone
17-03-04, 01:08
In my opinion, and this is just me. Being human isnt all about flesh and blood. TO the point where humans are almost machine, and vice versa. to point out a good example (insted of of listing verious anime's, movies, and stories .:D )
A good example is the "CS" or Cursed soul (note please read the explanation of the gun here (http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71590&highlight=cursed+soul+description) , Its a really good mini-story) If you havnt found out already, im facinated by the concept of machanical Conciousness. A free will of something that is human, but is not.

The point is, I Im thinking the points should be sorta like this

Str-80
Int-100
Dex-90
Con-30
Psi-0

My resoning for str being lower than Dex, is that because most offen, Machines probably will have a MUCH higher reaction time. And Reaction time is generally associated with dexterity. PSI will be completly non existant due to the fact that machine have no grey matter to produce mental (or Psionic, to whichever you like better =D) energy.
Con would be a LITTLE high than what was mentiond previously. but it would still be low due to the fact that machine generally have only basic materials to protect them, not an advanced organ that encases them and shields them from verious environmental hazards. Str is where it is because of a machines Hydrolics. I wouldnt make much sense that robots would be Physically weak at all. and Finally Int at 100, this is very obvious.

Ok, theres my 2-cents

seratoz
17-03-04, 07:56
Overall I like the idea............ but maybe instaed of buying weapons for them. They would be built in and have to be upgraded.. So like the have one long range adn short range weapon default. (This weapon will never change) the ammo for it yes. that way they are a support troop. With a fifth class out there it will really be a choice finally of WHAT you want to be vulnerable to. On top of that I think they should possibly add a racial bonus if that becomes a class. Like they have higher hack ability and humans have higher agility/athletics. GET SOME MORE RP IN THE GAME

Q`alooaith
17-03-04, 11:08
Originally posted by Heavyporker
Technically, AIs are totally digital beings, reliant on computer systems for their support.

You're talking about robots. Please make the distinction.

I am talking about AI's, I just wanted to prep the forum for my other idea, which is, AI's would rather than start with normal bodys, would start with lower TL bod's, so they'd start out with simple TL1 or 5 or whatever.. as the AI's skill increased they could use higher types of bodys, each also needing more cash to buy than the last..

The basic bodys would have skill cap's lower than the AI, IE int would cap at 10 for the first, 20 for the second, 30 for the third and so on upto 50 for the sixth with the fith capping int at 45..

Heavyporker
17-03-04, 11:25
mmmh...

I still think that AIs should start off inside HackNet. Totally non-corporeal. have to get swinging on some serious shit to even get a body together.

OOhh Ohh! IDEA!

how about if the AI character wants to get out of a GR, he has to go to a sector that has robot mobs in it, "summon" them to the GR, then "download" himself into it? And the robot mob is the level that he can "summon", so a 0/2 AI could summon and download to a mechbeetle, a 10/10 AI can download to a big mechbeetle or cyberdog or cyberguard, a 25/25 AI can download to a security bot (the kind in TH energy core), a 35/35 to a spiderbot, a 50/50 to a warbot or DoY bot, a capped AI to a hovereye (not bomber, that's just nuts). The benefit is that those robots have built in weaponry and set movement AND how fucking cool would it to fly around? no vec required! And have you ever been hit by a hoverbot? They HURT.

naimex
17-03-04, 12:17
AI race :

Intelligence : 70
As being a computer/robot it will of course be intelligent.

Strength : 100
As being robot it will of course be strong.

Constitution : 100
It has good resists since being made of metal (or something).

Dexterity : 30
It will be slow as hell since it is a robot.

Psi Power : 0
It canīt do PSI because itīs not human, and has therefore not been going through mutations due to the radiation like other classes.

This will make it classified as a "Gen-Tank" but as a "Robot" meaning built and not genetically engineered.

It has the ability to hack/research/construct/implant/target(weaponlore).
It can use all Tank weapons.
It has good resists, but has to gimp a fair amount for speed since agility cant make up for the Tanks lack of athletics.
It is slow because it would have to use all but about 10-20 points on hightech combat to use all heavy tank guns, meaning almost no points to agility.
It canīt heal itself or use any heal without gimping implants, or having someone heal it all the time.

If you think it should be able to heal (repair itself) then I suggest moving 5 points from INT to PSI, that should be enough for the : PSI 3 - PPU 7 - MST 3 HEAL (i think those are the stats).