PDA

View Full Version : Less is more...

Q`alooaith
16-03-04, 12:59
Rember back a few months (year?) to early retail..

There where less complex events, and more mass spawn events, now sure some of them went OTT and crashed the servers from time to time, but generaly they where good fun.

Now, I was just thinking, why can't we have some more mini events like these, nothing big just every once in a while when a GMs not too busy have em drop a bunch of mob's on top of a popular leveling spot say.. or outside Neocron..

Most people spend ages camping leveling spots to gain XP quickly, well it'd be interseting to see just occasionaly instead of an agressor spawning the the cellers a launcher or other group of nasty nastys, enough to be a little trouble to anyone leveling, but manigable, also maybe help clue people up that the world of neocron has a diverse range of mobs, and it can be fun to try every type of mob..

well, just a thought.

Dribble Joy
16-03-04, 13:14
As in GM spawned? or coded into the game? so that, say once or twice a week, a random mob of a cirtain lvl is spawed in the cellars/sewers?
Like a spider queen (the lvl 25 one) in the n00b sewers, would be interesting.

Q`alooaith
16-03-04, 13:30
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
As in GM spawned? or coded into the game? so that, say once or twice a week, a random mob of a cirtain lvl is spawed in the cellars/sewers?
Like a spider queen (the lvl 25 one) in the n00b sewers, would be interesting.

Both, so you'd get every so often a random spawn, maybe even based off the overall level of everyone in the area at the time..

But also the heavly cammped areas, maybe a GM could pop down randomly and lob out a "revenge of the mobs" style attack, designed to drive the runner's off from camping and remass to counterattack.. You know mob's are dumb, but they'd not wander to get slautered... might breed complaint's more often, but sure would be interseting to have to be on your toes in case the mob's lauchned a counter attack (GM spawned mobs en mass or higher level than normal spawn or both)

garyu69
16-03-04, 13:31
I like random spawnage.

Makes me pee myself with excitment :D

Anything which adds a bit of change to a usual day is always welcomed.

Q`alooaith
16-03-04, 21:41
Originally posted by garyu69
Anything which adds a bit of change to a usual day is always welcomed.

Yup, that's what this is all about, a little randomness from time to time..

hell every so often the aggy's should stop spawning and mutant gunmen spawn in their place, that'd be a shock as they are quite effective at killing..

StryfeX
16-03-04, 22:10
Originally posted by Q`alooaith
Yup, that's what this is all about, a little randomness from time to time..

hell every so often the aggy's should stop spawning and mutant gunmen spawn in their place, that'd be a shock as they are quite effective at killing.. Mmm... crispy-fried newbies. :D :lol:

Yeah, gunmen en masse are quite nasty.

I'd love to see random bits like this coded into the game and such. 5 stars. :)

--Stryfe

superfresh
16-03-04, 22:24
Yea, this should be done without saying. It has always been a part of what seperates NC from other games.

As of now it almost seems as if the coming of DoY is the sole strategy in keeping people interested. If random or organized events were more common, there would be a more consistent level of interest among current players, and a possible attraction for new ones.

NC can still be fun and interesting before the arrival of DoY, if they keep up with stuff like this and the basic fixes that seem to be needed.

My 2 centz.

[edit] O yeah and one more thing - they need events that can be hosted by western GM's as well. If memory serves, North American residents have missed out on a good deal of previous ones because of the time difference. 2 more centz.

Bengalmin
16-03-04, 22:29
I've often thought it would be cool if once a week there was a mega WB spawn at MB bunker, would keep people leveling on thier toes :)

Myrlin
16-03-04, 22:31
More content = teh WIN

Q`alooaith
17-03-04, 11:14
Originally posted by Bengalmin
I've often thought it would be cool if once a week there was a mega WB spawn at MB bunker, would keep people leveling on thier toes :)

well rather than once a week..

I think a good way wouold be to have it random..

So in J01, each time you kill a mob theres a 0.01% chance that the mob's will rise up and head towards the base, this would basicaly be every spawn point spawning five or more mob's every 60 seconds for 3 minutes, and them all with instructions to go towards the MB bunker..

Also at the same time I'd despawn the high level faction guards near the MB and such... might be too much, mayeb leave them but have more mob's come so they overpower the guards with ease..