PDA

View Full Version : Better PA colours!

Scikar
16-03-04, 00:39
If I put on HC PA3, why do I look the same as a HC PA2 tank? APU and PPU have 8 colours between them, so why do the other classes have only one colour for each profession? And why is APU PA3 the worst colour?

On test we had purple tank PA, etc. Why drop it? I'd like to look unique, without just camo PA (which I don't really like TBH, and as CA I'd like a cleaner, uniform syle).

My proposal:

PPU:

PA1 same as PA2 is now.
PA2 what PA 3 is now.
PA3 purple like PA4 is now.
PA4 white.

APU:

PA1 dark red/brown.
PA2 red.
PA3 gold (not brown!!!)
PA4 black.

H-C Tank:

PA1 grey.
PA2 gold.
PA3 red.
PA4 black.

M-C Tank:

PA1 green.
PA2 current M-C blue.
PA3 dark blue (like PPU3).
PA4 purple.

Pistol Spy:

As H-C Tank.

Rifle Spy:

As M-C Tank.

Pistol PE:

As H-C Tank.

Rifle PE:

As M-C Tank.

Whaddya think?

ezza
16-03-04, 00:42
if it adds more variety im cool with it

SamuraiPizzaCat
16-03-04, 00:43
sexy
but tank/spy/pe level 4 should stay black

Kugero
16-03-04, 00:43
yea I think it would be nice to have some better color seperation for all the PA classes.

I'd really love the ability to skin your own PA - but that's probably putting the cart before the horse at this point ...

Scikar
16-03-04, 00:46
Originally posted by SamuraiPizzaCat
sexy

H-C tank, Pistol Spy and Pistol PE PA4s would still be black. PA4s for rifles and melee would be purple which I think is pretty cool.I haven't seen a single tank, spy or monk in PA4 since the 135 req makes it generally less effective than PA3 with drugs. PEs are the only ones I see in PA4, and those are all pistol users. Or maybe that's just because I barely see any riflers these days. :p

Myrlin
16-03-04, 00:52
Spys with gold PA? We'd look like C3PO. No thanks.

I like the other colors though. Its too bad rokkware doesn't work on PAs once you zone.

Vid Gamer
16-03-04, 00:52
I like my Camo HC PA3. :D

Ivory
16-03-04, 00:53
ummm i've copyrighted white ppu pa so choose another colour :p

Shadow Dancer
16-03-04, 00:55
Sorry no. :p People like different colors. Changing the colors will mean that some will like it and some won't, just like now heheh.

So, IMO, the best solution is to have 6-7 colors that you can paint your PA. Sounds like a win/win situation.

Oh and I hate gold. :D

Mr_Snow
16-03-04, 00:56
Just make customisable armour so evrybody can pick and choose their own colour or add in faction coloured PA or make clan uniform PA whichever just make everybody in NC stop looking the exact same.

Scikar
16-03-04, 00:59
Well the main thing is that they are different. I want to stand there in my PA and say "Look, I took the time to go out and cap my char, and get the imps required to do this!" Rather than "Look I'm a tank in PA, but is it PA1? Is it PA2? Is it PA3?"

I want to look different! And it's not exactly hard to do.

Being able to choose a colour works too. I wouldn't mind the show-off factor decreasing because I could look very individual instead. KK know we want to look individual, well this is a small easy step to partially satisfy that before DoY.

GT_Rince
16-03-04, 01:01
Originally posted by Myrlin

LOL :lol:

ServeX
16-03-04, 02:40
I like my camo PA too Micky D. =P

ino
16-03-04, 02:59
Yes it would be nice to have some other colours on the PA's..

I would still like to see the Melee PA colours brought back (Green, purple and so on). And the HC back to what it was before.

The Apu/Ppu PA colours you said sounds nice. aswell as the spy/pe.

Either this or Faction coloured pa's or faction logos or whatever.

StryfeX
16-03-04, 03:07
I'd like to have the option of purchasing a faction-logo "emblem" for your PA. And of course have the PA be completely color-configurable, but make it so you can actually tell the differences in the PAs. If that means model tweaks, go right ahead. :p

--Stryfe

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 03:10
Originally posted by Myrlin

I like the other colors though. Its too bad rokkware doesn't work on PAs once you zone.

rofl!

just make PA work in rokkwear ... then you can have head determining the level of PA, and then torso/legs for fun colours :)

this would only need to make pa inherit the colour of your clothes when you put it on (most simple way i can see)

Shujin
16-03-04, 04:38
mah MC tank dun want no purple pa >;o

Original monk
16-03-04, 11:53
very nice idea: yust switch the pistolspy MC and the riflespy HC :P

Leebzie
16-03-04, 12:18
As it should be with the rokkwear terminal bug, you should be able to colour your PA however you wish. Who knows what variety DoY is bringing to armors tho, I was hoping there was gonna be a Preview Feature on it.

garyu69
16-03-04, 12:47
as a PE i want to be able to change the colour of my PA at the clothes machine.

But PE's can't :(

borlegan
16-03-04, 14:40
I think the same... more colours or patterns like camo would be really cool.

Candaman
16-03-04, 14:46
i think all ppu's except ivory should get white PA :D:D

Candaman
16-03-04, 14:47
sonofa.....

.Cyl0n
16-03-04, 14:48
bring back blue smurfs :(

winnoc
16-03-04, 14:48
I like the darker pa for spies, i hate to stick out of the terrain with that silver metal on me.

greendonkeyuk
16-03-04, 15:47
Originally posted by .Cyl0n

what he said.

StryfeX
16-03-04, 16:32
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
what he said. Indeed. I miss my CS Smurf. :(

--Stryfe

StryfeX
16-03-04, 16:32
Double-post. Soz.

--Stryfe

SirRah
16-03-04, 17:16

hell yes.

oh and PA4 for APU monks is not a good idea... as we all know monks cant wear PA4... o_O

Shadow Dancer
16-03-04, 19:42
Faction colors for PA?

Hrmm, how would that work?

It just seems a bit odd, from an RP pov.

For example, why would tangent make a Power Armor suit for fallen angels with their own custom color?

Or would the FA "paint" the suit after you purchased it? heh

Birkoff
16-03-04, 19:47
Thought about that when they first started introducting them, would be nice especially for rifle spies :rolleyes:

.Cyl0n
16-03-04, 20:03
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Faction colors for PA?

Hrmm, how would that work?

It just seems a bit odd, from an RP pov.

For example, why would tangent make a Power Armor suit for fallen angels with their own custom color?

Or would the FA "paint" the suit after you purchased it? heh

what about...

make all pa`s bpable...
a clanconstructor automaticly "paints" the clantag on the back of the pa :)

that would rock!

Shadow Dancer
16-03-04, 20:08
what about...

make all pa`s bpable...
a clanconstructor automaticly "paints" the clantag on the back of the pa :)

that would rock!

Yes, excellent idea.

But it should be optional IMO.

I'd hate to have PINK pa or something because I was in the wrong faction. :o

.Cyl0n
16-03-04, 20:09
well it would fit if you`re TG :P

hehehe i would really wear pa with my tank if my clantag would be on the back :)

on the other side if i think about it now.. with doy .. more textures and clothing stuff hmm they should add that to all vests you build :)

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 20:38
Meh, maybe I'm out of the loop, but lemme get this straight..

You can change the color of your non-PA outfits, but you can't do that with the PA and Powercloak outfits anymore? :(

nobby
16-03-04, 20:38
or make it so we can make the colour ourselfs on those clothing machines like the GM's can, i saw a GM with a purple monk PA on.

nobby
16-03-04, 20:39
or make it so we can make the colour ourselfs on those clothing machines like the GM's can, i saw a GM with a purple monk PA on.

Serpent
16-03-04, 20:41
Originally posted by SamuraiPizzaCat
sexy

no, i want collors on my pe :(

Myrlin
16-03-04, 22:25
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Meh, maybe I'm out of the loop, but lemme get this straight..

You can change the color of your non-PA outfits, but you can't do that with the PA and Powercloak outfits anymore? :(

I haven't tried it since the most recent patch, but pre-197 I could enter a clothing machine, choose a color, put on my PA, take off my PA, and put my PA back on, then leave the machine and my PA (except the head) would be whatever color I'd chosen. When you zone it stops working and goes back to the default grey.

firstnorthstar
18-03-04, 17:20
Originally posted by Scikar
If I put on HC PA3, why do I look the same as a HC PA2 tank? APU and PPU have 8 colours between them, so why do the other classes have only one colour for each profession? And why is APU PA3 the worst colour?

On test we had purple tank PA, etc. Why drop it? I'd like to look unique, without just camo PA (which I don't really like TBH, and as CA I'd like a cleaner, uniform syle).

My proposal:

PPU:

PA1 same as PA2 is now.
PA2 what PA 3 is now.
PA3 purple like PA4 is now.
PA4 white.

APU:

PA1 dark red/brown.
PA2 red.
PA3 gold (not brown!!!)
PA4 black.

H-C Tank:

PA1 grey.
PA2 gold.
PA3 red.
PA4 black.

M-C Tank:

PA1 green.
PA2 current M-C blue.
PA3 dark blue (like PPU3).
PA4 purple.

Pistol Spy:

As H-C Tank.

Rifle Spy:

As M-C Tank.

Pistol PE:

As H-C Tank.

Rifle PE:

As M-C Tank.

Whaddya think?

u like TELETUBBIES??
go home and switch ur TV....

this is a CYBERPUMK MMORPG and not kiddy television.

Jock Rockwell
18-03-04, 18:27
Originally posted by firstnorthstar
u like TELETUBBIES??
go home and switch ur TV....

this is a CYBERPUMK MMORPG and not kiddy television.

I must have missed the black. white and grey teletubbies when i last saw it

Or they just been added :rolleyes:

But i think there should be more variety in the PA colour atm its all to similar.

ezza
18-03-04, 18:55
Mr teletubbie dude, i take it you like it with everone looking the same and boring then?