PDA

View Full Version : thank you so damn much kk

Kal
15-03-04, 23:33
earp is VIABLE and i love it :D

Dribble Joy
15-03-04, 23:38
Viable my arse, overpowered is more like it.

sparrowtm
15-03-04, 23:40
No, I hate them for making it viable. See, I was just implanting my new SA for the first time and THEN they decide to make the Earp stronger. Now using it would seem to be a waste of Dex-points, wouldn't it? :mad: :D

Whitestuff
16-03-04, 00:07
Well if the Earp is now viable, Praise be to KK. On my first spy it was horrible and made me roll my APU I have today.

NS_CHROME54
16-03-04, 00:09
your joking right? it barely makes a scratch on my pe, without deflector. got shot 10 times, didn't even lose half my hp.

Whitestuff
16-03-04, 00:10
I have seen it stack fire damage pretty well, but that was a long time ago with my fire resists at 20 or so. I have no idea what the effects of it are now.

Kal
16-03-04, 00:10
i havnt lost a duel since i started using it(unless i forgot one), only about 4-5 but its really laying on the damage

g0rt
16-03-04, 00:15
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

Oh brother can i expect to see a billion of these kinda nerf posts in the near future? :rolleyes:

KK's patch notes always look the same:

patch 150 - raised dmg of <fill in blank>

patch 151 - lowered dmg of <fill in blank>

Ryuben
16-03-04, 00:24
Originally posted by g0rt
Oh brother can i expect to see a billion of these kinda nerf posts in the near future? :rolleyes:

KK's patch notes always look the same:

patch 150 - raised dmg of <fill in blank>

patch 151 - lowered dmg of <fill in blank>

look threw patches notes u will see it

normally its about 2 pacthes space away ;) look for it and u will see it

Myrlin
16-03-04, 00:27
Originally posted by Dribble Joy

Originally posted by NS_CHROME54
your joking right? it barely makes a scratch on my pe, without deflector. got shot 10 times, didn't even lose half my hp.

So which is it?

Dribble Joy
16-03-04, 00:28
KK usually increases things that either don't need increasing, or when they do, overdo it.

Wyatt dmg was fine, it just aimed like a donkey after it had been beaten with a herring for 4 days, drugged up on ketamine and analy ********** by lexxuk.

Kal
16-03-04, 00:29
its good, belive me, every thread like this someone posts about how it barely touches them to inflate their ego a little

edit: athough it is a little hard to aim drib, i find lib much harder ahd havnt really had any problems aiming earp

NS_CHROME54
16-03-04, 01:19
Originally posted by Kal
every thread like this someone posts about how it barely touches them to inflate their ego a little
[edited for violation of forum rules]it's dmg is still shit.

Shadow Dancer
16-03-04, 01:28
Part of the problem is that people don't go on the test server enough to test changes. Part of THAT problem is all the damn drama you have to go through to use the test server.

I tried 3 times, then got tired of corrupt installs, or missing files, etc........

Why can't it just be like UO where test server is merely another server that you can choose at the server screen?

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 01:39
TS is easy to install.

Earp is fine weapon now, seeing as its 'single' shot its fine.

Invertigo
16-03-04, 02:53
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Part of the problem is that people don't go on the test server enough to test changes. Part of THAT problem is all the damn drama you have to go through to use the test server.

I tried 3 times, then got tired of corrupt installs, or missing files, etc........

Why can't it just be like UO where test server is merely another server that you can choose at the server screen?

because its completely diff, diff patches, different files..etc..

you would still need a seperate directory of nc with all the test patches and files...but they COULD make it so you connect to it from the main server select thing, or where you select the ip for the servers..

its not that hard to install it...hardest thing is having them update it for you so you can connect to it

Kal
16-03-04, 18:05
[edited for consistency] it's dmg is still shit.

chill your beef chrome

and no, you are wrong

im not the worlds greatest duelist and i can win fights against people about the same skill level as me with it

hence

viable

and btw, nice sig shadow :p

El_MUERkO
16-03-04, 18:09
With the right stacking damage the Earp hurts but you have to hit consistantly or its no use, given the aiming of the earp that isnt easy. It is viable, it isnt overpowered.

Kal
16-03-04, 18:13
you tryed regular or explosive rounds :rolleyes:

El_MUERkO
16-03-04, 18:17
Yes, i own alot of earps :)

I even made ones for special occasions ages ago, I have a nice explosive earp with a torch for cave hunting :)

Uranium = win, simple as that, unless theres a PPU around people are going to hurt from it and even with a PPU its still proably the best damage.

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 18:26
unless their a spy, a tank, a apu or a pe .. wait .. damn

El_MUERkO
16-03-04, 18:32
The day of the patch at MB i killed 2 tanks (1 twice), 1 PE and 1 APU, all high level runners. This was during an on going battle so they were ready to fight. This gun isnt ub3r l33t or unbalancing but if you can keep the target locked and stack properly you will hurt people.

NS_CHROME54
16-03-04, 19:32
? am i the only one who still thinks it sux?

i had radiation ticks going off the screen from being shot so much with it, but i was still able to outheal it with tl3 heal. my only protection was anti-gamma bones and 20 natural resist. explain to me how it's such a good gun?

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 20:08
If you only have one (recent) encounter with a gun you won't know if it really sucks or not.

My 2 neocron cents. D:

Kal
16-03-04, 20:42
? am i the only one who still thinks it sux?

i had radiation ticks going off the screen from being shot so much with it, but i was still able to outheal it with tl3 heal. my only protection was anti-gamma bones and 20 natural resist. explain to me how it's such a good gun?

haha omg

i'll have to see that to belive it

oh god that cracks me up

i mean the earp, not the wasteland eagle :rolleyes:

LiL T
16-03-04, 20:52
No its not overpowerd the judge is overpowered

Kal
16-03-04, 21:35
Originally posted by LiL T
No its not overpowerd the judge is overpowered

judge is fine

this thread can be closed now its served it purpose, theres just ego brains like chrome and 'overpowered' bandwagon jumpers hijacking it now

Clownst0pper
16-03-04, 21:47
Whats the Earp, tl 84? it does more damage than a liberator, and the single shot excuse is irrelevant, as Ive always found the earp stupidly easy to aim, meaning 99% of shots hit.

It needed a boost, not a kick up the arse to over powered territory.

Personally I think KK are raising/lowering weapons dmg randomly.

I mean, what sort of patch was the last one? it wasnt a hot fix, it wasnt a patch.

It was a general lets have a quick retail test, who cares whats in it.

I KNOW! lets increase the Holy paralysis which NO ONE WANTS

lets nerf the disruptor WHICH ALREADY SUCKS!

lets boost the wyart earp, BECAUSE NO OTHER WEAPONS NEED BOOSTING, OH NO.

:confused:

The way they think is fucking bizzare.

Koro's Bro-

steweygrrr
17-03-04, 00:47
I havent had a chance to use the newly boosted earp in PvP yet...
But imho sometimes effectiveness for stacking weapons all depends on if they have specced more fire or more xray....

LiL T
17-03-04, 08:36
It don't hurt me but I use one and I kill with it maybe those people I killed with it need to look at there con. mines zero slot btw and it still a good weapon cos the stacks are shit anyway.

Fez
17-03-04, 08:45
erp is a viable weapon vs stelthing spies and it has always been viable vs apu's

and it dosent do more damge then a liby it curently perfectly fine

Exmond
17-03-04, 08:50
ANYTHING is viable against APU's//

Random Tank: ARR FEAR TEH 6 SLOTTED JUNK KNIFE!

Random APU: OH *****!!!

*apu runs in fear from teh 6 slotted junk knife!*

NS_CHROME54
17-03-04, 18:43
Originally posted by Kal
judge is fine

this thread can be closed now its served it purpose, theres just ego brains like chrome and 'overpowered' bandwagon jumpers hijacking it now

yes there's also a certain asshole who thinks he knows all. i call it like i see it moron, and that's what i saw.

how bout this, me with a rog vs. you with a wyatt earp. we see who wins. (it takes 2 shots to take down a capped pe with a rog, just so you know, but an earp can't take down an uncapped pe in 20)

i say its still underpowered, give it more dmg and better aim.

Clownst0pper
17-03-04, 18:51
it takes 2 shots to take down a capped pe with a rog, just so you know, but an earp can't take down an uncapped pe in 20

LOL my PE can take about 10+ rog hits if im healing at the same time, and about 20+ earp hits, again if im healing and fighting at the same time.

ROG's hurt, there tl 98.

Earps a single shot tl 84 pistol, big TL gap and weapon type.

Koro's bro-

steweygrrr
17-03-04, 20:23
i say its still underpowered, give it more dmg and better aim.

YEAH! lets make it a rifle at the same time!!

not :rolleyes:

Cyphor
17-03-04, 20:41
(it takes 2 shots to take down a capped pe with a rog, just so you know, but an earp can't take down an uncapped pe in 20)

erm does the pe have armour resists and a shelter? About the only capped char i can think that "might" be able to be taken down in 2 hits is a droner spy, mine has no resists and it would still take 3 hits from a rog due to a heavy energy belt :p

As for the earp it can be deadly if the user has a good aim, once the stacks get high they start taking off decent amounts, problem is you need to hit fast or the first stacks disapear hence its only a good gun if the user is good.

Iorghe
18-03-04, 10:22
thread closed on thread starters request