PDA

View Full Version : Cmedia Crash

ZyproN
15-03-04, 23:14
I have C-Media AC97 Audio Device, soundcard. And if i dont disable the card then my computer will reboot when im exit neocron or just when im playing. If anybody have some drivers that works or know how to fix the problem then please help me mates.

Connell
16-03-04, 03:25
And i crash aswell :(

ZyproN
16-03-04, 08:32
Okay, then I'm the the only one who have this problem.
Hope somebody know what to do.

ZyproN
16-03-04, 22:10
Pls somebody so i can use sound again any operators now something or KK maybe?

Bevis
16-03-04, 23:01
i had same problem, got another soundcard it works fine now

Wilco
17-03-04, 13:19
Hey ZyproN!

Me and many others have the same problem!

I lived with it since last week, as another unhappy user with a c-media onboard soundchips asked for help.

The workaround for me was that i disabled the hardwareacceleration for my soundcard (slider to the most left).
This will produce some "hall-effects", but it doesn't crash my system anymore...
Anyway, since then i looked on the C-Media Website and found a new sounddriver:

System:
Board: Epox EP-8RDA3+ (nForce chipset) with onboard sound "CMI9739A AC'97 CODEC"

C-Media drivers for the "CMI9739A" (onboard audiochip)

UDA032 drivers 5.12.1.32 dated 23.05.2003 (Soundproblem w. NC [Systemcrashes with enabled Audiohardwareaccel.])

UDA039 drivers 5.12.1.39 dated 24.10.2003 (Disadvatage: Driver isn't Microsoft certified)
Source: http://www.cmedia.com.tw/download/e_UDA039.htm

I have installed the UDA039 drivers for my WinXPprof and i had no problems with soundcrashes since then (with enabled audio-hardware acceleration).
But i have to admit, that i just have played NC for some hours since then. Anyway, under normal circumstances, i would have been crashed with the old drivers many times... ;) :cool:

Another user told in our (german) thread
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93646&perpage=15&pagenumber=3
about the problem, that there are UDA040 drivers out there somewhere, and that the 039 drivers didn't fully fix the problem with his system (although he had much less crashes).
I'm trying to get infos on where and how to get at the UDA040 drivers atm...

HTH, Wilco

ZyproN
17-03-04, 20:25
Okay, i should try to update my driver, but cant find the right one. My computer looks like this. 3GHz P4 Northwood, and my mainboard is, MSI. Model, MS-7012 Chipset, i865P/PE/G/i848P my soundcard is if i look under My Computer (System) Its C-Media AC97 Audio Device you are welcome to post what i should do but i try to update a driver now.

-Update, what about Audio Rack that i find under http://www.cmedia.com.tw/download/e_UDA039.htm

ZyproN
19-03-04, 11:32
Wilco, can you guide me how to do it mate?

ZyproN
22-03-04, 11:12
Any one who can try to help me ;)

Wilco
25-03-04, 13:04
ZyproN, sorry for my late answer.. didn't look in here earlier :(

I haven't installed that Audio Rack" thingie... it seems to be some kind of application and nothin "driver'ish"...

I've just downloaded the 039 file (checked it with my virusscanner ;)), unpacked the zipfile and installed it by dclicking on the "setup.exe" file.

HTH, Wilco

EDIT:
i just saw, that you didn't name the specific soundchip your MSI board has built in...
The above mentioned C-Media drivers are for the "CMI9739A" (onboard audiochip).
Try to look into the manual for your MSI mainboard and find the chipmodel of the soundchip.
If you look (under downloads) on the CMedia Website, you see, that the have 3 or 4 different soundchips.
And of course the have different drivers for them :)
/EDIT

ZyproN
27-03-04, 15:30
Hey Wilco,

Hey Wilco okay i think i have found out whit one i have now.
PCI Device audio : 82801EB/ER (ICH5/ICH5R) AC'97 Audio Controller, Could you help me get a direct link for driver realy dont understand to much at the site :\ Hope you have time to find it. Thx

Wilco
03-04-04, 20:13
Hey ZyproN,

i'm sorry, but after crawling through all of the http://www.cmedia.com.tw site, i couldn't find infos on a "82801EB/ER" audiochip...

Maybe you could mail them (cmedia) stating what mainboard and chip you have.
They should be able to provide you with some better infos and hints.

Regards, Wilco

bagger_vance
05-04-04, 03:41
hehe wilco thats good ^^

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=118712 look this link.
u can report ur bug

mal in deutsch hats bei dir mit dem neuen driver gefunzt???

wenn ja könnte dann mal ein gm irgendwo ein thread amchen oder sowas an kk schicken die das in die spielerhilfen einbringen das man sofort drauf schliesst das das problem an der soundkarte in dem fall an der cmedia 97 liegt, es ist ja doch so das es jetzt relativ viele haben und der rechner rebootet bei mir zb bei apu spells oder wenn ich das game beendete.

Wilco
08-04-04, 20:45
Hoi Bagger,

ne, hat nicht korrekt gefunzt.. siehe mein reply in Deinem thread.
Hat zwar ne zeitlang gelaufen, dann kam aber (wie von dem Kollegen angekuendigt) nen BSOD.
Ich hab nu wieder die hardwarebeschleunigung aus, und somit erstmal mit NC nur die standardprobleme :)

Gruss, Wilco

Wilco
08-04-04, 21:05
@ZyproN:

The chip/model you stated in your earlier posts seem to be an "all in one chipset" from Intel.
According to the following document, it's the:
Intel® 82801EB/ER I/O Controller Hub 5 (Intel® ICH5) / (Intel® ICH5R)
http://www.intel.com/design/chipsets/applnots/252729.htm

I've read through the PDF, and there is indeed an audio-component in this chipset.
But i have NO IDEA, why it states "CMEDIA" in your installation, as it is obviously an INTEL product.
Unfortunately, i haven't found an audiodriver on the Intel-site...

Maybe you can contact your vendor or mail MSI (it was an MSI mainboard, wasn't it? ;)) to help you out.

HTH, Wilco

ZyproN
17-04-04, 07:25
Okay mate thx, Ill try to mail them whit my problem.

John McMullet
19-06-04, 17:47
Somebody solved this problem yet ?

i got this onboard soundcard as well and it reboots my computer * i can stop it by 0% hardware like wilco said * but this "hall effect" when a APU with energy barrel or a ppu casts their spells really gets on my nerves :D

Especially the high sound when i open my RPOS is really annoying :(

Doesn't have the money to buy a new soundchip this month ...

ZyproN
20-06-04, 12:25
I think the best way to resolve this is to get KK look at the problem!

Orion Guardian
27-07-04, 04:01
hmm ok auf die gefahr hin als kup beschimpft zu werden, ein wenig unwissenheit darf ja sein:

Wo schalte ich die Hardwareacceleration ind WinXP aus??

notneo
27-07-04, 09:52
i got the same chipset

i had a similar problem at one time

try disabling hardware acceleration in direct x sound

Orion Guardian
27-07-04, 16:39
ah in directx...thx for that. Hmm does not crash anymore after that but Hardware acceleration disabled...need a better solution ;D