PDA

View Full Version : A comment on PSI spells

Whitestuff
15-03-04, 23:06
This is coming from me as a leveling PPU. I started my PPU a few months ago, leveld to around 37/37 rank and stopped. I was working on my tank mostly then.... Anyway, I come back after some good bits of nerfage and I find that I cannot cast any of my spells anymore, spells that I nearly capped btw. I read the patchnotes again (b/c at the time, I was in tank mode reading the highlights that affected tanks) and I see that all spells have been "adjusted". Now I realize that hybrids are strong and measures need to be taken to get them "in balance" with the other classes, but what KK has done is not good for the game. They have adjusted the spell requirements to accomodate near capped monks who are hybrid. I am talking about mid and high lvl spells, the lower ones seem to be left alone.

What I mean is that there are lower level spells and buffs that are attainable easily with leveling, but now we have a HUGE gap between low level buffs and mid to high level ones. A TL3 heal takes 7 PPU to use, but a blessed heal (lvl 2 single player heal) takes 118 PPU. Now PPUs have other spells to use like soulclusters and the lot, but I am talking about main stream spells like heal, deflector, rezz, shelter. . . etc. There really is a big gap there. And I haven't been a lowbie APU for a while, but I bet they got whacked just like PPUs. And it isn't just me because I got caught at the crossover point, I am saying this for all those people out there who are starting PPUs or APUs who get to the mid level area and find that they have to level up SEVERAL PSI lvls to attain a spell that was reasonably placed before. The main reason is to have a good psi pool and enough MST to use those mid level spells.

I suppose a PPU who only wanted to buff himself while downing 2 lvl 2 psi boosters wouldn't have any trouble gimping his mana pool, but for those of us PPUs who like to level by using our spells on other players, don't think that's a viable option. And you can't gimp MST, you need it to cast the spell at all. so you end up gimping your PPU for a while, til your MST and PPW are high enough, but then you PSI base is high enough for lvl 3 implants and even higher spells that you can't use, cause you are still working on the requirements for the mid level ones.

Too much to read, I know, but try.

Cruzbroker
16-03-04, 00:20
Yeah, You simply can't use blessed heal (or rez) the minute you get 55 psi. IF you don't have defensive psi processor 2.. which is pretty hard to find. and costs money.

I'd like it to be some flipoint thingy at 120+, and less the ppw's dmg% effect on spells. So hybrids can't spec ppw to get good % on both, nor have good pool to cap dmg on both.. And then lower the reqs down to 80's again..

Glok
16-03-04, 00:28
I post this again and again...

I had no problems when I rolled a new APU after patch 196. energy halo -> holy energy halo -> holy fire halo -> energy beam. I was base 57 psi to use holy energy halo because I had 52 ppw at the time. All the others (i tried inbetween modules for testing and short stints) I could use when I had the psi.

But I keep reading these posts and see the same thing again and again. Am I the only new monk that didn't have a problem getting past the mid levels? :confused:

Cruzbroker
16-03-04, 00:35
We are talking about PPUs here, without parashocks/SCs..
Also, did you get attack chip 2 the minute you were able to use it?

I had 50 ppw (around 200 pool), the amount you need mst (58?), and around 106 with psi proc 1 PPU... at lvl 52.. NO, you can not use resurrection that time, without the chip.. maybe with holy crap pool.

Glok
16-03-04, 00:40
Yeah but the reqs for TL xx are the same across apu and ppu modules. I can't remember if I had an attack 2 at that time, but I did get one eventually, mainly for the psu boost because I poke.

edit: The level 2 chips can be a pain to get, but iirc it only took me a day of spamming trade to get one, and this is on Pluto where skillers are 1 in 100.

Scikar
16-03-04, 00:42
Attack and Defense 2 are BPable, so it shouldn't be too hard to find someone with BPs. Maybe they're just lazy like me and have the chips but can't be bothered to sell BPs of them. But if you're clanned with someone who does they have no excuse.

Cruzbroker
16-03-04, 02:00
APU spells use like 15-30 a shot. PPUs 40-100 (rez around 150).. so you need a bigger pool => it's harder to get the spells same time.

Think about the lucky noobs who know shit all. blah blah. It could be balanced in a better way (see my earlier post)..

Scikar, I hate your kinda people who don't bother :p

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 02:02
Moral of the story is, dont throw away spells as you level your ppu, your new PE may want them or any other new char .. or a genrep'able heal ... :angel: