PDA

View Full Version : nc getting more and more carebaer/ a single player

Freeejumper
15-03-04, 21:31
we raided mb today, we pwned the guys who were there then left mb, now i come back and there were more guards .... why the fuck do you spawn more guards ? players should defend their home and not guards ! So dont spawn more you r destorying the whole game you destroyed the fun in th and now you r going to destory the fun in mb!
i dont play a mmorpg to fights guards :(

Marx
15-03-04, 21:32
Originally posted by Freeejumper
we raided mb today, we pwned the guys who were there then left mb, now i come back and there were more guards .... why the fuck do you spawn more guards ? players should defend their home and not guards ! So dont spawn more you r destorying the whole game you destroyed the fun in th and now you r going to destory the fun in mb!

Perhaps if there were more people playing, and you didn't have most of the active players in one, maybe two factions... You'd see people defend, and you wouldn't need the guards.

Player Population = suck.

Guards = everywhere.

Strych9
15-03-04, 21:33
Do you play a MMORPG to go back to the same place again and again to easily pwn the people there? ;)

Destroying the whole game is a bit of a stretch. KK didnt intend the core essence of PvP in Neocron to be based on hourly raids of the MB.

Clownst0pper
15-03-04, 21:35
Im new to neocron, but have watched my brother play loads, and used his character, and ive begun to swing to the way that killing within Faction HQ's isnt great for attracting new players.

It becomes a chore for them to level, and actually get anything as most of the time they may loose quick belts, and then SI really makes it worse!

And in most circumstances people only PK as they are bored and have nothing to do.

Id prefer you went to an OP, jacked a layer, and wait for people to come and fight.

Koro and his friends do that all the time, think I might take over for abit :)

Pith
15-03-04, 21:40
recyclers from hell *scared*

Archeus
15-03-04, 21:44
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
Id prefer you went to an OP, jacked a layer, and wait for people to come and fight.

Heh I do that all the time. the sad thing is most of the larger clans won't come to fight until the second layer is gone.

Clownst0pper
15-03-04, 21:48
Heh I do that all the time. the sad thing is most of the larger clans won't come to fight until the second layer is gone.

Ive watched tangent do it every time, I often think they enjoy the little scuffles as much as a big OP war.

Cartel always seem to turn up also.

Koro's Bro -

athon
15-03-04, 22:15
I agree. I'd like to see, probably most of, the turrets at TH removed to make raiding viable again.

Come on, this, as far as I'm concerned, is supposed to be a dangerous cyberpunk world. The only time I ever get PKd these days is out levelling when a TJ or someone comes passed - I'm usually on one of my /50-ish trader spies and the idiots still feel they have to para me before attacking.

I rarely get attacked on my nearer capped players.

And hell, since I've been FA I don't think CA have ever attempted to touch TG canyon - and they rarely tried to do it when I was CA.

Athon Solo

KimmyG
15-03-04, 22:22
Originally posted by Archeus

Yea well after 3 days of owning many ops you get multiple ninja hacks everyday going 95% of the time is nothing more than a waste of time. Layer hacked and the comedian spy hits stealth and runs off.

StryfeX
15-03-04, 22:31
Originally posted by athon
I agree. I'd like to see, probably most of, the turrets at TH removed to make raiding viable again.

Come on, this, as far as I'm concerned, is supposed to be a dangerous cyberpunk world. The only time I ever get PKd these days is out levelling when a TJ or someone comes passed - I'm usually on one of my /50-ish trader spies and the idiots still feel they have to para me before attacking.

I rarely get attacked on my nearer capped players.

And hell, since I've been FA I don't think CA have ever attempted to touch TG canyon - and they rarely tried to do it when I was CA.

Athon Solo Ah man... STFU about this "dangerous cyberpunk world" crap. While this game continues to struggle (and it will unless BDoY is a big hit and KK gets the DB and lag issues sorted) that line has NO FREAKING MEANING.

Anyway.

The best way to express the current state of the game goes like so:

While PlayerCount = "Crap"
NumberOfGuards = "High"
Wend:p

--Stryfe

Scikar
15-03-04, 23:23

Well if you ran away then how are the high level people who can fight back going to organise a defence? People don't play a MMORPG to stand around at MB all day to wait for newb PKers to come back.

sparrowtm
15-03-04, 23:24
Originally posted by Scikar
Well if you ran away then how are the high level people who can fight back going to organise a defence? People don't play a MMORPG to stand around at MB all day to wait for newb PKers to come back.

Some do, my friend .. some do ... :(

Scikar
15-03-04, 23:30
Originally posted by sparrowtm
Some do, my friend .. some do ... :(

Only because you are forced to, just like Freeejumper is forced to fight guards. If people would stay around MB long enough after killing the newbs at the bunker for CM to organise some resistance there wouldn't be a need for fights. When people come running over the hills with 3 PPUs and 10 others to PK at MB, I wish they would consider how long it might take to organise an equal force to fight back. If you were sitting in your HQ Freeejumper, and 3 PPUs with 10 other chars came rushing in and killed you, would you be able to get an equal force to stand around and guard the HQ for the next hour waiting for them to come back? That's why guards are needed, because runners can't reasonably make MB the stronghold it's supposed to be.

sparrowtm
15-03-04, 23:34
Actually I'm quite happy that guards are present at the main raiding spots. I mean, it's not like they would defend you if you are attacked by a yellow or green faction. :rolleyes:

But having guards makes it harder for raiders to invade a place - and that is good. A good raid should be well planned out, combining the strengths of the raiders to punch through the places defenses - not a thing you do in the ten minutes between two OP-fights.
If a raid is succesful after having beaten the guards AND the runners ... isn't that more satisfactory?

Barak
15-03-04, 23:38

whine whine whine

the Cm guards do FA as it is and the 3 PPus you bring with you should keep you safe anyway.. christ

but yeah you did die you fell down the elevatorshaft exploting to shoot round corners to kill the ones at the bottom

joran420
16-03-04, 00:16
I always go fight at MB....I also go to TG to fight(im nuetral to those guys) but FA's turrets make raiding that place fully immpossible we tried with a group of about 20 and the turrets pwned us(mostly capped players)

Sorontar
16-03-04, 00:28
I really don't see why you guys complain that the HQ of a mercenary faction is heavily guarded. This isn't just an OP that is owned and guarded by a clan this is owned by a faction.

Now whilst you have populations at the level they are you are never going to get enough players in all the factions to please everybody, so they are substituted by guards. Just like the HQs in the city.

The threads have been seen a million times before, and as it was hinted at that MB and TH are going to change into some kind of huge ops with NC:BDoY, just chill out and stop going on about it.

You blood pressure must be through the roof.

RayBob
16-03-04, 00:37
we raided mb today, we pwned the guys who were there then left mb, now i come back and there were more guards .... why the fuck do you spawn more guards ?It is great that FA have such active Faction Counselors but this is a bit ridiculous.

joran420
16-03-04, 01:11
ROfl ^^ what does MB have to do with FA FC?

RayBob
16-03-04, 01:15
Originally posted by joran420
ROfl ^^ what does MB have to do with FA FC? :mad: Oops, I thought he said he raided TH. Oh well, same diff., spawning additional guards after a single raid seems like overkill.

MrChumble
16-03-04, 01:16

If you fall down the lift shaft and get boned by the guards (after your awesome 5on1 ganking of a leveling /22 noob) don't come to the forums and moan about it.

MrChumble
16-03-04, 01:17
Originally posted by RayBob
:mad: Oops, I thought he said he raided TH. Oh well, same diff., spawning additional guards after a single raid seems like overkill.

They didn't, loads were missing. Some still are for that matter.

Liebestoter
16-03-04, 01:27
There's a simple solution to this problem.
Make faction guards mortal again. Give them all interesting quirks - maybe some of them use freezers or throw grenades! - but above all, make them freaking killable. I'm a 57 tank and MB guards smoke me with one burst. Something is not right about that.

ServeX
16-03-04, 01:30

uh first of all, MB isn't created to be raded. It's there as an HQ for City Mercs, the same way Neocron is a haven for Neocron runners and Pepper Park is a haven for tsunami and Black Dragon, and Twilight Guardian is for TG, and Tech Haven for FA. so..think things straight before you say that they're ruining the fun, it's not as if they intended for it to be a fun place to rade, its not supposed to be raded in the first place, although it is somewhat possible to rade it. you should be glad it's not a safe zone for crying out loud. Think of these places for now as sanctuarys, and that you're privledged to be pking there in the first place, not the other way around.

sparrowtm
16-03-04, 01:31
Originally posted by ServeX
(...) and Tsunami for TS.

Pardon me? :p

Barak
16-03-04, 01:41
Originally posted by ServeX
uh first of all, MB isn't created to be raded. It's there as an HQ for City Mercs, the same way Neocron is a haven for Neocron runners and Pepper Park is a haven for tsunami and Black Dragon, and Twilight Guardian is for TG, and Tech Haven for FA. so..think things straight before you say that they're ruining the fun, it's not as if they intended for it to be a fun place to rade, its not supposed to be raded in the first place, although it is somewhat possible to rade it. you should be glad it's not a safe zone for crying out loud. Think of these places for now as sanctuarys, and that you're privledged to be pking there in the first place, not the other way around.

<3 Serve finally someone gets it.. well to a degree half the fuckers complaining don't have a HQ which can be raided to any effect if we sit in BD HQ for hours fuck all will appear but when THEY want to pvp and kill people we have to be at hand and on call for their becon call.

lazy bastards

Glok
16-03-04, 01:47
Originally posted by Liebestoter
I'm a 57 tank and MB guards smoke me with one burst. Something is not right about that. You're right. Something is definitely not right about that, and it's not the guards. o_O

Mattimeo
16-03-04, 01:48
so it's carebear to let people level in peace and possibly have fun without being ganked? wow... just wow...

Glok
16-03-04, 01:49
Oh, I should add one thing. If peeps want to PK the bunker, why do they think they have to GR to MB? It's not like it's an isolated zone with no other way in. :rolleyes:

whifix
16-03-04, 02:03
I wouldn't mind raids of MB, TH or TG if;

1) PPU's weren't allowed
2) Stealthing wasn't allowed

I agree that you destroy the player base by allowing for jerks to kill helpless "NEW" players who don't understand the game. I agree that you need more guards in these places since in a single raid you could destroy the game for double the amount of victims then there are attackers. Don't care? Just wait till the player base of Neocron drops below 11k and KK is in the financial shitter and shuts stuff down. Wanna call me a noob or carebear for thinking this way? I could care less.

Glok
16-03-04, 02:19
Originally posted by whifix
I wouldn't mind raids of MB, TH or TG if;

1) PPU's weren't allowed
2) Stealthing wasn't allowed

I agree that you destroy the player base by allowing for jerks to kill helpless "NEW" players who don't understand the game. I agree that you need more guards in these places since in a single raid you could destroy the game for double the amount of victims then there are attackers. Don't care? Just wait till the player base of Neocron drops below 11k and KK is in the financial shitter and shuts stuff down. Wanna call me a noob or carebear for thinking this way? I could care less. [edited for violation of the forum rules] All of those factions are supposed to be for experienced players anyways. The only people I have ever seen at MB bunker knew exactly why they were there, to powerlevel. Real noobs go to aggies and rat sewers.

And KK is gonna die out and the game is gonna be shut down because of it? LOL. :rolleyes:

Delloda
16-03-04, 02:29
Originally posted by Strych9
Do you play a MMORPG to go back to the same place again and again to easily pwn the people there? ;)

Destroying the whole game is a bit of a stretch. KK didnt intend the core essence of PvP in Neocron to be based on hourly raids of the MB.

Well if they took away the rediculous turrets in TH then we could alternate between the TH and MB.....1 hour each :)

joran420
16-03-04, 03:08
^^

wot he said

VetteroX
16-03-04, 08:34
Ive posted about this many times... Its totaly unfiar. Everytime I go to MB more and more guards are spawned... theres even some deep in the wastes of J01. All guards EVERYWHERE in neocon should have theire numbers cut to 1/3 of their current amount... lets face it, if you have even ONE 120/120 guard shooting, it give a huge advantage to defending players. NC is total carebear ATM and totaly on the side of defence in every way, weather its a single person (stealth) op, (turrets, stun turrets) and HQ's (120/120 Guards)

~Drav~
16-03-04, 08:45
Originally posted by VetteroX
Ive posted about this many times... Its totaly unfiar. Everytime I go to MB more and more guards are spawned... theres even some deep in the wastes of J01. All guards EVERYWHERE in neocon should have theire numbers cut to 1/3 of their current amount... lets face it, if you have even ONE 120/120 guard shooting, it give a huge advantage to defending players. NC is total carebear ATM and totaly on the side of defence in every way, weather its a single person (stealth) op, (turrets, stun turrets) and HQ's (120/120 Guards)

agreed

Barak
16-03-04, 10:23
Originally posted by VetteroX

[edited violation of fourm rules]freya]the guards don't stop jack **** [violatiuon of fourm rules]freya] and the extra guards outside are at j_02 and how in the holy hell can they stop you pking if they enver friggin shoot at you, try playing CM and see how sick you get of arseholes who think your on call 24/7 to fight when they want gets old very quick, theres more then just you and your leet pkar friends.

And no im not anti-pvp i do enjoy it -[edited violation of fourm rules][freya]

Dargeshaad
16-03-04, 10:34
what you spend your time doing ingame is entirely up to yourself, noone's forcing you to go fend off pkers, if there's noone to kill eventually they'll leave

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 10:35
Go to an op fight or pk elsewhere ... or collect some rares ... or make a new cahr or swap to another server

Seymour-Saturn-
16-03-04, 10:42
ye well irl would u walk into a mb and see no guards its ment 2 b rollplay so there is gonna b guards just face it

g0rt
16-03-04, 10:48
Originally posted by Seymour-Saturn-
ye well irl would u walk into a mb and see no guards its ment 2 b rollplay so there is gonna b guards just face it

irl i would see real people guarding it, not mindless robots who stand still 24 hours a day without eating or sleeping and automatically open fire on anyone they feel is an enemy.

the players are supposed to defend thier own base

garyu69
16-03-04, 10:53
So the noob PK'er can't kill the weak ass noobs because the little guards are too good for them?

:lol:

Guards are part of the game, maybe you should try getting through their defence before you get the chance to PK the little noob levelling

.Cyl0n
16-03-04, 11:03

i completely agree :)

whine whine whine

barak.. are you joking ?
nothing personal but cm`s really shouldnt talk about others whining when they get new turres everytime someone pks more than 5 people at their homebase...
--------

i didnt see a single team raiding TH since that turret patch...imo it should be possible to raid the place. it shouldnt be as easy as before where you could go there solo pking but it should definatly NOT be instantkill there for all pvpers.

the problem is that most of the people are too lazy to defend their homebase... back then when i used to raid those places alot i noticed that 90 % of that faction`s players didnt even care about it... they simple didnt come....

so the ones left cried for turrets and guards and huge laserbeams to intantkill everyone who only says the word pvp in their area...

but thats the wrong way.. you should encourage players to defend their base on their own instead of letting em being lazy giving them uber defenses to do their job...

and dont tell me its about population..since retail start its been like that

its a FACT that this game is gettin more and more carebear everyday.

.cy

DestructionUK
16-03-04, 11:07
theres even some deep in the wastes of J01
hmmmmmm... and how many guards are at tg hq?.

I agree that the MB shouldnt be raided newbies do go there they get advised by the comunity that its good lvling, i did when i started.

If you want MB to be made easier to gank noobs in then make canyon and TH gankable too.

garyu69
16-03-04, 11:16
Originally posted by .Cyl0n
i didnt see a single team raiding TH since that turret patch...imo it should be possible to raid the place. it shouldnt be as easy as before where you could go there solo pking but it should definatly NOT be instantkill there for all pvpers. There have been people raiding TH since the turrets were put in. Its just a case that the real carebears (The PK'ers), don't want to risk dying and losing their belts.

I've seen teams of 3-8 raid TH coming in from exit 3 and it wasn't a case of getting killed straight away. If you want to raid somewhere get a team together, and get some balls.

Its not hard. I'll just wait in TH to kill you bitches though :D

winnoc
16-03-04, 11:19
I don't mind pkers going at hunting grounds and killing people, it adds to the adrenaline rush. (do think it's kinda silly shooting someone in the back when he's at 5% health from a brute or horro, you know who you diamond spy)
I've had some great fun with some TG pe's who were always gallant enough not to shoot me while hacking but waited for me to get out of hack to kill me :-)

I do however feel no moron should be allowed to kill 15 levels below him, unless the target attacked first.
If you do this your sl should drop to -36 immediately.
This should not be applied in warzones etc off course

I think some high level players forget how hard it is to level up if you're not in a clan, just new to the game and don't have alts to supply you with all the guns and drugs you need.

And yes, i admit to killing two pe noobs at TG canyon, but i felt so "dirty" afterwards that i directed them and gave em each 50k :-)

.Cyl0n
16-03-04, 11:20
Originally posted by garyu69
There have been people raiding TH since the turrets were put in. Its just a case that the real carebears (The PK'ers), don't want to risk dying and losing their belts.

I've seen teams of 3-8 raid TH coming in from exit 3 and it wasn't a case of getting killed straight away. If you want to raid somewhere get a team together, and get some balls.

Its not hard. I'll just wait in TH to kill you bitches though :D

yea i tried 2 times trough both entries...

one time like 10 FA`s came and we fought them at the point where you gotta jump down and there are lots of the turrets on the way... it was ok but we couldnt go down so they went down and up all the time to heal and reez lol

2nd time was at the other entry and they simply always zoned in and out and ran back to the turrets all the time when they got to low hlt.... i tried to stealth in with my pe.. no way...

its worse than pp man... the zoning sucks

ZigZag
16-03-04, 11:28
All these arguments -- "aww poor PKar" " awww poor noob" really are pointless coz thats just ur personal way u see and play the game.

The real bad thing about more AI being added is it takes away more an more content from the players. Its a perfectly valid part of the story to raid a faction's HQ but now for eg. TH is rediculously defended - why is there no middle ground so that its a challenge - not a suicide run? If IRL i went on a visit to a mercenaries' base hidden away in the jungle somewhere -- I really would not expect the same safety I would get in suburban England now would I?

Sure for the individual, its annoying if he is trying to do something, and he dies but as far as the bigger picture of KK and keeping customers is concerned simple fact is - if ppl run out of stuff to do - they are going to leave,

There are some ppl who seem to have an mental aversion to being killed by another player - but if a mob kills him thats fun or challenging or content. I always wonder - why is it ok to die to a mob? - I never see posts about the evil PKing Warbots.

The content the carebears want is stuff like epics -- something that takes KK 6 months of work to put in game -- and takes a player 6 days to complete - that is single player stuff not online multiplayer - once u finish it - end of game.

If KK had rather stayed with no safezones - no massive penalties for PKing - the occasional guard or copbot who patrolled around - u could have had the players actually shaping the world and a story for themselves - thats what I hoped for when I heard about this game - maybe FOMK will get it right.

Lanigav
16-03-04, 11:33
lets face it, if you have even ONE 120/120 guard shooting, it give a huge advantage to defending players.

Its their home turf. They're SUPPOSED to have a huge advantage. That's like America going to war against China with a bunch of airplanes and then whining "Not fair" because China has awesome anti-air defence.

The fact that its a dangerous cyberpunk world only reinforces the fact that security at home bases of factions needs to be tight and powerful. In a world with warring factions and no real system of justice (thus creating a lot of crime), who in their right mind would hire weak guards and and build crappy turrets to secure their area?

And a group of 3 or 4 players pking n00bs or GR camping in enemy terrority is hardly a "raid", that's just griefing, harrassment, and nibish (god I hate that word) crapola. You don't do it for reasons of faction or raiding, you do it because you want to ruin some poor newbie's game experience and make yourself feel big, and that's shameful. Besides, want a REAL raid? Gather a party of 30 and blow away all the guards and pk everyone on sight. THAT's a raid!

If you don't want to fight guards, then use the semi-large world that Neocron provides you to participate in giant wars over ops, territory, and "sex"ing rights. That's what its there for. Stop crying just because you can't have it all and everything your way. You're not the only people that play this game, and in fact, you're in the vast minority.

garyu69
16-03-04, 11:35
yea i tried 2 times trough both entries...

one time like 10 FA`s came and we fought them at the point where you gotta jump down and there are lots of the turrets on the way... it was ok but we couldnt go down so they went down and up all the time to heal and reez lol

2nd time was at the other entry and they simply always zoned in and out and ran back to the turrets all the time when they got to low hlt.... i tried to stealth in with my pe.. no way...

its worse than pp man... the zoning sucks I've always tried to stand ground in situations like that instead of zoning (unless i am testing CON setups :D )

I do really enjoy the whole defending my home part and would love to see more raids happen. But i do not think that it is completly impossible to do so. I think it is very hard, but possible.

I'm actually in the mood for raiding now myself. I'm going to try and arrange a raid myself tonight.

.Cyl0n
16-03-04, 11:37
Originally posted by ZigZag
----
The real bad thing about more AI being added is it takes away more an more content from the players. Its a perfectly valid part of the story to raid a faction's HQ but now for eg. TH is rediculously defended - why is there no middle ground so that its a challenge - not a suicide run?
------
Sure for the individual, its annoying if he is trying to do something, and he dies but as far as the bigger picture of KK and keeping customers is concerned simple fact is - if ppl run out of stuff to do - they are going to leave
-----

well said z!g :)
i completely agree

--

hf garyu.. you`ll die without killing one of em tho... ( and thats not because of player skill......)
wanna bet ? :p

Barak
16-03-04, 11:40
barak.. are you joking ?

na, onlt time you see me complaining is when i get killed by a apu+ppu and the guards stand there and shout at them it's a pain in the arse to have guards that do FA when it's needed (look at TG guards that attack you on sight no 8+ warnings)

I have no problem with raids there fun but when raids take place and the guards look at them funny its annoying if i went and raided BD hq i'd get ripped in two by the guards

nothing personal but cm`s really shouldnt talk about others whining when they get new turres everytime someone pks more than 5 people at their homebase...

Who whined for defenses? certainly wasnt me and i'll bitch slap any biatch that did for being a wimp.

I'm sure if i killed a BD infront of a BD guard who stood there and did nothing the guy killed would be pissed.

.Cyl0n
16-03-04, 11:46
Originally posted by Barak
na, onlt time you see me complaining is when i get killed by a apu+ppu and the guards stand there and shout at them it's a pain in the arse to have guards that do FA when it's needed (look at TG guards that attack you on sight no 8+ warnings)

I have no problem with raids there fun but when raids take place and the guards look at them funny its annoying if i went and raided BD hq i'd get ripped in two by the guards

Who whined for defenses? certainly wasnt me and i'll bitch slap any biatch that did for being a wimp.

I'm sure if i killed a BD infront of a BD guard who stood there and did nothing the guy killed would be pissed.

actually i`m happy about that because that shows that its at least still possible for enemys of cm to raid MB.....why make it like TH or TG ?
they should weaken the TG / TH defenses to that lvl then or even better.. remove them all together ;)

garyu69
16-03-04, 11:49
hf garyu.. you`ll die without killing one of em tho... ( and thats not because of player skill......)
wanna bet ? :p not me on my own. I will be taking a raiding party of 10-20 along with me :D

Barak
16-03-04, 11:49
I'm not to fussed about being raided like i said but seeing as TG and TH are offlimits (Carebears!!! :P) it means all the bored pkers etc come to MB and we got our fair share of them before TH and TG went to carebear heaven.

Candaman
16-03-04, 11:55
TH itself has faaar too many Defences on every flipping corner the is 3 turrets and these turrets do as much dmg as the tsu flame throwers. I think both TH and MB and TG should be raidable

j0rz
16-03-04, 12:17
you know not every one wants to be killed by pkers which brings me back to the point players should be able to use a LE when they like

only reason some of my new chars has no le in is coz theres hardly any ppus with a le in

Candaman
16-03-04, 13:01
ppu is not a requirement to lvl people have got so dependant its untrue i've lvl'd all my chars without a ppu except obviously my ppu when i lommed from apu on him

MrChumble
16-03-04, 13:46
I'll keep coming out to kill PKers at J_01 as long as noobs keep thanking me for doing so. I do feel they should be able to run inside a heavy fortified base for protection though...the wastelands are supposed to be dangerous, not a military base.

I guess I'm just a huge carebear, and I'm proud of that, because the alternative appears to be complete wankers who rate their own perverse enjoyment far higher than the enjoyment of others. PKing noobs isn't RP, red is dead is not RP, and bleeting like a stuck sheep when you get boned by guards while exploiting isn't RP.

If you want to fight the City Mercs we can be regularly found attacking your OPs, leveling and hunting near MB, and idling in PP. You don't need to piss off noobs to get our attention, let us know where you are and we're more than happy to come kick your ass (or die trying).

Glok
16-03-04, 13:51
Originally posted by MrChumble
...red is dead is not RP...Why do you get rewarded with faction sympathy in your faction for killing reds then?

MrChumble
16-03-04, 13:55
Originally posted by Glok
Why do you get rewarded with faction sympathy in your faction for killing reds then?

Because the game is coded that way? I get a faction symp reward for doing a recycling mission where I just buy the chemicals. That doesn't mean I'm RPing when I do it :rolleyes:

Red is dead is like the antithesis of RP, it's the stock excuse trotted out by people who don't RP their character in any way but still want to justify their actions (usually killing /15 noobs in sewers and the like).

Glok
16-03-04, 13:58
Because the game is coded that way?Exactly. :rolleyes:

MrChumble
16-03-04, 14:01
Originally posted by Glok
Exactly. :rolleyes:

I'm glad we agree that I was right :p

Glok
16-03-04, 14:27
I'm glad we agree that I was right :p [edited violation of the fourm rules][freya]

MrChumble
16-03-04, 14:31
I don't wanna get into a flame war here, but if you're not actually going to discuss the topics at hand why reply at all? I've said why I consider 'red is dead' to not be RP, and why I don't think the you-get-faction-symp argument holds water. Tell me why you disagree.

Replying in turn will give me something to do while I try to find this $%£&ing printer cable :p

angelsenior
16-03-04, 14:52
Well,

I'm CM on Uranus and me and my clanmates try to keep MB safe from PKers whenever possible, whether we win or not.

There are just some things that disturb me;
-CM guards do shit to enemy runners (heck, if youre not carefull and hit one of them by mistake its you who he will attack :( ).

-when people go on a raid, they mostly bring along some PPU's, which, if the defenders dont have some available atm means that the outcome is a sure thing from the start so defenders dont show up at all.

-the SL loss in MB means that CM's will only reluctantly fight neutral or allied PKers (if at all).

-I dont get it why people keep complaining about the CM guards while its pure unlucky if you get shot by them at all, most of them get blocked real quickly in some spots etc.. giving raiders quite some freedom within MB.

As some people expect CM players to defend MB whenever a raid is done, well, the number of CM's online is VERY variable and thus its not always possible to defend correctly.
Also as TH and TG are well defended by guards, thus isnt raided, YOU guys are never on the defense thus have not to put up with this shit so dont judge about our way of doing it..
Its easy to say players dont defend as they should BUT doing it effectively whenever possible over and over again is quite something else!

Another point is that it gets annoying, to have to quit doing whatever it was you were doing (leveling, hunting rareparts, constructing, lomming, researching, tweaking with setup, repairing etc..). This is one of the reasons not everybody shows up even though they're online (I have fun doing the things I planned on doing not what I'm forced to do, thats beside the fact that the fight itself may be fun indeed).

djskum
16-03-04, 15:03
Originally posted by Lanigav
Its their home turf. They're SUPPOSED to have a huge advantage. That's like America going to war against China with a bunch of airplanes and then whining "Not fair" because China has awesome anti-air defence.

The fact that its a dangerous cyberpunk world only reinforces the fact that security at home bases of factions needs to be tight and powerful. In a world with warring factions and no real system of justice (thus creating a lot of crime), who in their right mind would hire weak guards and and build crappy turrets to secure their area?

And a group of 3 or 4 players pking n00bs or GR camping in enemy terrority is hardly a "raid", that's just griefing, harrassment, and nibish (god I hate that word) crapola. You don't do it for reasons of faction or raiding, you do it because you want to ruin some poor newbie's game experience and make yourself feel big, and that's shameful. Besides, want a REAL raid? Gather a party of 30 and blow away all the guards and pk everyone on sight. THAT's a raid!

If you don't want to fight guards, then use the semi-large world that Neocron provides you to participate in giant wars over ops, territory, and "sex"ing rights. That's what its there for. Stop crying just because you can't have it all and everything your way. You're not the only people that play this game, and in fact, you're in the vast minority.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

DjSKum

numb
16-03-04, 15:20
I get a faction symp reward for doing a recycling mission where I just buy the chemicals. That doesn't mean I'm RPing when I do it :rolleyes:

Your character is doing a job for your faction, and therefore he/she is acting out a role. You dont have to recycle to get the chemicals, but I believe the main point of those missions is to obtain an item for your faction. I dont believe they are paying you to keep your recycle tool well oiled, are they?

It makes sense for your faction sympathy to rise if you do a good job for them.

red=dead is the most basic level of roleplay, but imo it is still valid, as many factions are at war, so there are bound to be casualties, especially when almost everyone is carrying a weapon.

ServeX
17-03-04, 01:21
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Lanigav

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

100% accurate. couldn't have said it better myself.

greploco
17-03-04, 02:14
mb is too easy to raid, they can have some extra guards

all the nooks and crannies, it's hell to fight a stealther in there. and all the corners make it hard to fight just about anyone else.

the force of MC npc guards can be totally mitigated by all the walls and short turns

similarly the force of TG guards is mitigated by their slow aggro and slow moving shots --- but at least if they hit they do some good damage, enough to where you mostly need a ppu. (kudos to the spy "dave insurgent" for solo raiding TG)

Crono
17-03-04, 05:40
wow, people still arguing over this BS?

like was said, at your home turf you should have a HUGE advantage. what place in their right mind would have BS security then say their own citizens should act as fodder to slow down the invasion.

shure we should defend our faction, but by all means no one pays and plays this game to act out guard duty. MB and TH and TG raids shouldnt be easy whatsoever. Their the home base, like neocron is for city people, not an area that you should have to always be watching you back. the defences shouldnt be able to be breached by a team of 3 that go around ganking. how is that RP, and im shure its fun for the people doing the killing. and what can they do in return? attack an op (where the fighting should be kept, that is if you acually wish to fight people who want to fight, and not just kill people trying to do other things, but then again that all depends on how you view yourself as a PvP'r ) or better yet! attack a city faction! awsome im shure everyone will be broken up when Tangent or biomech is cleared of all gaurds and a few poor lobies who were just trying to do a few new missions.
Neocron is a safezone for the most part, and pepper park is populated by people running missions/ trying to get lvls (yea awsome, lets kill them off and ruin fun for them as revenge) and any high lvls that are there are there looking to fight ;P

these are the home cities and should be well defendded as far as automated systems (ffs please dont tell me noobs still vll off of TH bots? awsome defence there, though in a group they can block exits and tunnels, which i guess is their real goal?) if you want fun fighting go to an Op, that way you know the fighting is fun on bolth sides and bolth are ready. and if a GM spawns gaurds at the op you are attacking because your doing too good a job then its worthy of a complaint.

-Crono

JackScratch
17-03-04, 06:07
Pardon me, has anyone noticed the number of good guys increaseing? Hmmmm. I can remember a time, not so long ago, that I argued with the Gankers, almost alone. Today I was online and had a discussion and I wasn't the only person on my side, in fact, we had a consensus. Why do Gankers not understand, we dont want an end to PvP, we dont even want it changed, we want an end to rudeness and bad behavior, why is that soooo hard to understand?

Marx
17-03-04, 07:00
Originally posted by JackScratch
Why do Gankers not understand, we dont want an end to PvP, we dont even want it changed, we want an end to rudeness and bad behavior, why is that soooo hard to understand?

Because it seriously inhibits their play style, and they don't like it one bit.

ServeX
17-03-04, 07:06
Originally posted by Crono
like was said, at your home turf you should have a HUGE advantage. what place in their right mind would have BS security then say their own citizens should act as fodder to slow down the invasion.
-Crono

Exactly.

JackScratch
17-03-04, 07:07
Not nearly as much as their play style inhibits the playstyle of others. In fact, in comparison, what we are demanding is downright non invasive. Actualy, what we are demanding, should enritch the game play experience overall, make NC something more than CS, which is exactly what Random/Faction PKing is. If they dont care about any interaction with other players that doesn't involve thier crosshairs, or congratulateing each other in leat on killing that 11/11 noob, then why are they playing an MMORPG at all?

Mattimeo
17-03-04, 07:09
Originally posted by JackScratch
Not nearly as much as their play style inhibits the playstyle of others. In fact, in comparison, what we are demanding is downright non invasive. Actualy, what we are demanding, should enritch the game play experience overall, make NC something more than CS, which is exactly what Random/Faction PKing is. If they dont care about any interaction with other players that doesn't involve thier crosshairs, or congratulateing each other in leat on killing that 11/11 noob, then why are they playing an MMORPG at all?

Small boost in ego and to compare who has the larger what. that one is obvious.

Birkoff
17-03-04, 07:26
Originally posted by Delloda
Well if they took away the rediculous turrets in TH then we could alternate between the TH and MB.....1 hour each :)

lol 100%

There supposed to be heavily guarded yes. But there is heavily guarded and there's destroying NC :)

THey should be hard to raid yes but being little content as ther eis atm they shouldn't take out some of the content that veteransfound fun :) Raiding Th used to be a daily thing for lots of ppl yeah but it was fun :) More ppl are allued/neutral to Fa than enemy defend i ur self :) same for tg and mb.

Crono
17-03-04, 07:48
thats great to hear, lets take off the safezone around NC, and reduce copbot power.

totally destroy what is now plaza 1 and the nice spot to go to to have stuff done.

TH use to be like that too.

but wait, tell me im psychic, because ima bout to hear "but NC is supposed to be safer and copbots are supposed to be strong" oh and wait, this ones my favorite "your faction said hard when you picked it" lol awsome, im 100% positive that was meant to aim at the fact that their in ther middle of no where and u need to pass feilds of star rank mobs to get to NC ;P

i love how people come on here and vocally cry out that they cant have fun ganking un prepared people in their un defendded home cities. then expect that Neocron should be different. TH is a tech center, they should have cutting edge security (like that crazy "magic" Plaza/viarosso has that forbids an outsider from pulling a gun even out of sight of a cop bot?) and even if u could, i bet the first think someone who was attacked would do is run to a few cop bots that will rain down plazma from the sky to the target.

the seperate citie faction gaurds need to be stronger or a seperete set of city defence bots need to be implimented to keep peace. rember, these gaurds act as gaurds to an entire mini city, whereas the gaurds of inner city factions dont need to be as strong because its in a protected by cop bot area. so direct comparison of faction gaurds in itself doesnt make sence.

MB is war veterans, i dont care what anyones ego is, they shouldnt think themselvs that much stronger where they should be able to shrug off multiple gaurds and just blow past them.

-Crono

Exmond
17-03-04, 08:06
Im going to reply but first you should realize something

The first post was , to me, so stupid that I was blinded. By sheer luck I managed to hit the reply link and now I am free of staring at stupidity.

BOO HOO! One place has guards! Oh no I can't gank levelers..

Hey? Did you ever think of actually asking if anyone wants to duel?

:O NO WAY! HONORABLE COMBAT?

And if you don't want to be that honorable, ever think of just going to pepper park!

:O NO WAY! NOT GO TO THE SAME PREDICTABLE PLACE!

Or even better, get into op wars?

:O NO WAY! OP WARS!>!?!?!? STFU NOOB!

Or what about hiring out your Bounty Hunter Services? Or how about setting up a clan war in the outzones? Or how about not ganking people, then maybe you will see less guards!

:O NO WAY! I GANK BECAUSE IM COOL!

- By the way, can TH turrets be taken out? I mean if you had 10 people firing at one....

Crono
17-03-04, 08:23
like someone said earlier, their FACTION bases, not clan bases. they should be insazly hard to break in and kill people inside. those places are the havens of the people of that faction. it is not their job to sit gaurd and do it. you would need organized player gaurds in communication with each other and with PPU's on standby.

EVERY Single person who complains with the argument "people should stop being lazy and defend their own base" if you notice, isnt in a position where the same can be done to them. and if we did no one would care, because inner city faction basses stand only as mission points and no one would care if it was attacked (infact, megaman and his friends did a full out takeover of tangent once and documented and posted it here, and all people did was flame and say any noob can kill NPC's, so no the same thing Cant be done back in return)

Its increadible how people can say their enemies should stop being lazy and be ready and defend themselvs when they can waltz in on their own random time whenever their heart desires, form a team then go in and gank and just simply expect everyone else to bead to their scedual, then complain and flame when they dont.... and when they stand from a position where the same cant be dont back to them... makes no sence at all.

-Crono

THE_TICK!!!!
17-03-04, 10:50
well..to be honest i havent read the whole post but..common guy...MB is where n00bs level.. if you go there to PK your a lost cause anyway. As far as waiting around to kill your ass..thats why tick has an apartment in MB...for n00bs like you..but..unfortunately i have NO idea what server your on :D let me know and ill make a char there just for you :\:D

winnoc
17-03-04, 11:16
Here's an idea, i make a female pe, named shepimps.

I go to mb, all the high level gankers come to me and pay a fee of 20nc per noob they wanna ********, and i'll give 40% to the noob that got killed, i'll poke em for free too.

This way you guys can boast about how great you are killing 5 people at mb, and the noobs get cash. I'll even forge their 4/15 tags for you to read 40/51 or higher. You don't wanna be ashamed to show em to people right?

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 11:34
guys can you answer me one question...

do you really think all pkers are ONLY pking n00bs ?!

when i read the replys here 90 % are only talking about pking n00bs..
that really pisses me off cause this discussion is about BASIC pvp in NC... you realise that ?
stop generalising pkers please.. im pking alot ..well tbh the only thing i do in NC IS pvp... but i never pk n00bs... only players with cr 45 +

if you`re really that worried about the n00bs then go put 10 guards inside the mb bunker and 2 at the repp ... i dont care but leave the main area totally free from guards.. thats where you can meet high lvl players to fight...

guards at mb bunker... mb repp - th cores and repp and maybe at the vendors - TG vendors and inside the caves...

this way the n00bs lvling would be protected but you could still raid the main sec of TH for example to fight high lvl players...

and crono.. think about doy and all the pkers screaming out for neptun...why you think we`re doing that ?
yes right.. no safezones...

and always remember... if you`re afraid of gettin pked.. there`s a small tiny chip called LE ...which also n00bs can use...

.cy

Archeus
17-03-04, 11:36
Originally posted by Crono
EVERY Single person who complains with the argument "people should stop being lazy and defend their own base" if you notice, isnt in a position where the same can be done to them.

Hit the nail on the head :) Nothing more frustrating having city folk raid TH and kill anyone there, then all go to Plaza safezones when they don't want to fight anymore.

Scikar
17-03-04, 11:39
Well Cy, as I said before, even high level players can't just run at you one by one when you have PPUs backing you up because you want a big fight.

Would you sit around in a faction HQ for 3 hours, with a full combat team of PPUs, APUs, etc. just so that when an enemy group shows up you get 5 minutes of fighting? Of course you wouldn't. But it takes time to organise a defence like that, you don't just snap your fingers and everyone comes to help you.

9 times out of 10 when someone raids MB these days with PPU support, they are gone in the 5 minutes it takes to let SI wear off at the GR when you GR in to help defend. Assuming they aren't camping the GR in the first place. o_O

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 11:51
Well Cy, as I said before, even high level players can't just run at you one by one when you have PPUs backing you up because you want a big fight.

Would you sit around in a faction HQ for 3 hours, with a full combat team of PPUs, APUs, etc. just so that when an enemy group shows up you get 5 minutes of fighting? Of course you wouldn't. But it takes time to organise a defence like that, you don't just snap your fingers and everyone comes to help you.

9 times out of 10 when someone raids MB these days with PPU support, they are gone in the 5 minutes it takes to let SI wear off at the GR when you GR in to help defend. Assuming they aren't camping the GR in the first place. o_O

Hmm well i had the problem the other way around.. i often went around CRP and the TG areas.. and when i met a TG nub lvling i asked him to call for backup over faction channel :)
I did the same in TH with the fa nubs.. (and no i didnt pk them after :p ) .. and guess what... NOONE even answered...

i did that like 20 times... =/

maybe the faction councelors ( right spelled ? oO ) should check that kind of stuff and give out rewards for helping others in such situations...or at least talk to them or something
also we need repps inside HQ`s to go there fast :)

i agree that raiding with ppus is lame but thats a ppu problem not a problem of the pkers...i rarely go out with a ppu just to pk some people at MB...
there will always be a few lame people out there... but really.. thats a whole different problem...its about pure monk balancing :)

hinch
17-03-04, 11:53
cy other forums now before we hijack another thread or 2 on here :)

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 11:54
Originally posted by hinch
cy other forums now before we hijack another thread or 2 on here :)

lol :)
gimme url darling :p
i deleted my pms soz :p

/€ dont tell me its the uk-pornstar one :lol:

hinch
17-03-04, 12:06
www.furious-angels.com should do it

Candaman
17-03-04, 12:09
Lol cy u nub Personally some of the highlights of the game used to be planning a raid on TH and as soon as one FA had been killed they would be pouring out their apt's to help defend their HQ. This was fun for me no if i'm even running down a road remotely close to TH i find 4 turrets shooting me from 45689745689 Miles away.

hinch
17-03-04, 12:16
i rememeber as a tank camping th and killing trillian several times then swams of cannon fodder used to come out which i then had to kill too :)

deac
17-03-04, 12:19

when i do pk raids on mb, I stay there untill i get rushed by 20 + ppl...

If you do a mb raid you should stay there untill you die, thats more fair to the ppl you ganked at the start :)

Devils Grace
17-03-04, 12:24
i am a lamer
if possible i want 2 ppu's up my ass
whats the big deal

MrChumble
17-03-04, 13:29
guys can you answer me one question...

do you really think all pkers are ONLY pking n00bs ?!

Of course they don't ONLY pk noobs. Usually it's a case of it it moves kill it :rolleyes:

On the attack Freeejumper is talking about they came out to the bunker and killed some noobs to get our attention, come into mb and ganked a /22 5 on 1 (thus displaying their awesome skills for all to see) then ran around in MB while we tried to muster more than 3 people to fight back :mad:

In the end Freeejumper exploited just a little too much and fell down the lift shaft, and got boned by the guards (then got rezzed and died again :D , I guess there's a little justice in the world).

They didn't come ONLY to kill noobs, but that didn't stop them doing it anyway :mad:

Bruce
17-03-04, 13:40
Omg the lovely discussion of guys that stand in city save zones all day:)

Just for my 2 cents MB is a base of mercenaries or?o_O Not a guard/copbot ruled zone like the city. SO why do they need guards AND turrets btw?

Its just the guards in MB ******** you down the ones in TG dont even scratch you WHEN they hit you 1 out of 10 shoots.

And i dont go anywhere to pwn noobs, but if they run into me just unlucky sry, but as if anyone would care if they run into my /20 noob and pwn me with the CS so thats just bullshit.

In total i would have no problem in not havin any guards around, beside HQs.

MrChumble
17-03-04, 13:46
Originally posted by Bruce
In total i would have no problem in not havin any guards around, beside HQs.

Military Base is our HQ :rolleyes:

The turrets have been removed for some time, with the last patch I think, I never really noticed when they left. Not until we got raided anyway :D

Bruce
17-03-04, 13:48
Yes it is but the problem is you got 10 guards per square meter no other HQ has that:p

And as i said your guards are actually killers and attack not like a lot of other guards in that game.

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 13:49
Of course they don't ONLY pk noobs. Usually it's a case of it it moves kill it :rolleyes:

On the attack Freeejumper is talking about they came out to the bunker and killed some noobs to get our attention, come into mb and ganked a /22 5 on 1 (thus displaying their awesome skills for all to see) then ran around in MB while we tried to muster more than 3 people to fight back :mad:

In the end Freeejumper exploited just a little too much and fell down the lift shaft, and got boned by the guards (then got rezzed and died again :D , I guess there's a little justice in the world).

They didn't come ONLY to kill noobs, but that didn't stop them doing it anyway :mad:

and freeejumper represents all the pkers in nc ?
just because she`s doing that noone should be able to pk there anymore ?

Bruce
17-03-04, 13:52
Oh btw something pops in mind, isnt freee ppu or did he change? cause if, you complain bout a ppu goin pk all MB?:D

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 13:56
Oh btw something pops in mind, isnt freee ppu or did he change? cause if, you complain bout a ppu goin pk all MB?:D

afaik she`s ppu.. at least last time i saw her like 2 weeks ago or so :)

sexy bruce :P

Candaman
17-03-04, 14:27
afaik she`s ppu.. at least last time i saw her like 2 weeks ago or so :)

sexy bruce :P

not sexy n e more he/she joined ff

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 14:28
Originally posted by Candaman
not sexy n e more he/she joined ff

i know........:(

MrChumble
17-03-04, 14:48
and freeejumper represents all the pkers in nc ?
just because she`s doing that noone should be able to pk there anymore ?

As far as I'm concerned the inside of MB should be completely offlimits to all enemies of CM. I wouldn't expect to walk into BD HQ and live (not that there's any reason to go to BD HQ).

That said, it's not off limits, and I assume never will be. However the attack by freeejumper and her minions was similar in style to 90% of BD attacks on MB. Kill some noobs, kill some more noobs, gank the CM who come to defend while numbers are in your favour, run away if you might die, bitch about guards on forum or ooc if you do die.

The only people who raid MB with even a hint of class are FF. They don't come often, they come in large numbers, and they wait around outside MB for a good fight. I wouldn't go as far as to say they don't gank noobs, but they don't go after them if there's a real enemy to fight.

Yes it is but the problem is you got 10 guards per square meter no other HQ has that

And as i said your guards are actually killers and attack not like a lot of other guards in that game.

That's entirely a matter of perspective. Sure there are quite a few guards, but half the rooms don't have them, the GR guards always get stuck in the corner outside the GR room, the gatling rifle can't hit a barn at 2 paces, and the CM guards are usually too busy having a smoke to shoot anything anyway.

On the otherhand I hate the TG guards because they have an obscene range, spread out over half the wastelands, and cover all the routes into TG canyon.

But then there's as much point raiding TG canyon as there is in raiding BD HQ :rolleyes:

I guess the city mercs are just lucky to have all the noobs, that way we can attract all the llama PKers :mad:

.Cyl0n
17-03-04, 15:11

The only people who raid MB with even a hint of class are FF.

LOL

after reading that i wont even bother replying to your posts anymore o_O

MrChumble
17-03-04, 15:45
LOL

after reading that i wont even bother replying to your posts anymore o_O

Believe me I'm as shocked as anyone else :D But in this case anyway FF actually seem to be the least lame of the crowd.

Neocrons_coward
17-03-04, 16:13

I disagree with this statement./. What about the noobs that want to learn to hack??? i e myself.. We have to take our LE out.. With guards there its a safe place u know your not gona get hit and hurt and whatrs even better and more funnier is when u hide behind a guard and someone shoots it instead of you.. thats when they run like girls on prozac...

KEEP THE GUARDS SPAWN THEM ALL OVER NEOCRON THE GUARDS ARE ATTACKING US RUN FOR OUR LIVES *TAKES MEDICATION*

Thats better

zeon

JackScratch
17-03-04, 19:00
If anyone is interested, I have a magnificant plan for a deuling society, not real certain why all these bad to the Bone PvPers havent started one, oh wait, there would be rules, is that the reason?

Gankers talk like they think Carebears are the ones ruining NC, most Carebears as you call them arent against PvP, we are against Random/Faction Ganking, anyone, I dont care about rank, rank doesnt tell you shit, I have a 50/50 CST so geared toward CST that I dont even carry a weapon. PvP should involve some social interatction. Why can't idiot Gankers pick a fight instead of running around like MOBs shooting anything that moves. Is it just too much to ask that PvPers put a little thought into what they are doing?

As perhaps the worst and most hated Carebear in this game, I have no interest in a change in game mechanics. I want to see people behaveing like people instead of animals. I want to see PvPers going out of their way to fight only other PvPers. I want to see all of our community ostriciseing, shuning, fighting unfairly, and otherwise griefing those who behave badly. Non of us have to put up with this Ganking shit, and we certainly don't need Dev involvement to stop it.

It all starts with saying "Im mad as hell, and Im not going to take it anymore!" We do have recourse, we can make a change, Ive seen it and it does work, slowly, but it works.

Psycho Killa
17-03-04, 19:47
Jack as long as u dont want game mechanic change your not a carebear. Atleast I only consider a carebear someone who whines about being killed ganked etc and wants kk to do something about it rather then fighting back.

Secondly there was already a "dueling society" type thing it was fight night. Though that slowly lost interest seeing as the population isnt exactly high and fighting the same people over and over gets a tad boring.

I think you should do something to keep people in line. Some people go further then even I would to be an ass. If im by myself my rule is usualy red plus clanned equals dead but over time thats just plain evolved over time to red is dead. Anyways my point is if you dont start an anti "griefing" society now then you will be lost come doy when you try to make one and have no support. IT will be best to have some law come the influx of new noobs.

This will be great in a couple different ways. The dumb assholes who just kill 0/2 in the aggie pits will have to quit it. The hardcore gankers who enjoy fights would love being chased around by you guys so they would have a blast as would you. So only the lame people who are in it to be assholes and not to fight would probably quit because they cant handle the heat. Meanwhile the noob population has someone to avenge them so they feel better about getting killed and stick with the game to aspire to be a pker or pker hunter themselves.

JackScratch
17-03-04, 20:11
The list of people who would disagree with you about me being a carebear is a long one, very long. When most gankers use the word Carebear, I am who they have in mind.

Psycho, you arent realy getting what I am talking about. Im not talking about hunting them down and fighting them, Im talking about makeing them unloved, unwanted, and alone. Hunting them down is one thing, though I have no intention of anyone ever giveing those types a fair fight, I would consider that an even greater crime. Im talking about makeing Ganking, which sadly includes what you are doing, socialy un acceptable, and more importantly, non viable.

As for a deuling society, what I have in mind isnt at all like fightnight. Im thinking of a group of people bound by a set of rules, to attack each other when ever and where ever they wish. They would, of course, agree to only attack each other and only in even numbers (1 on 1, 2 on 2, 3 on 3 etc.). They would also agree to join together agains Gankers or any of thier own number who break these rules. It would be a group of people dedecated to PvP banding together to help keep PvP, but keep it civilised and honourable.

You could even devide up into deulists (chalanges etc), Commandos (could happen anywhere at anytime) and other sub sects. There is no reason in the world, that this being a PvP game should mean that people attack each other for no reasonother than perhaps Faction, which is, as previously mentioned, complete bullshit. Like I said, put some thought into it, make a relation ship with your oponent, find out who they are and what they do. Fight people who want to fight and leave the rest of us the fuck alone. What is so god damn comnplicated about that?

Psycho Killa
17-03-04, 20:20
Wel'll I consider red and clanned fair game considering anyone whos red to me and in a clan considers me an enemy as I do them. I usualy leave unclanned runners alone since they have not involved themselves yet in the politics of war.

Though if you hunt down people like vetterox he will not quit no matter how many times you kill him. He will continue his ways and enjoy fighting you guys which I think is a good thing to. He will be busy fighting you guys so he wont be ganking other people. You guys get some action he gets some action and the noobs are that much safer. While the weak people who can only only kill noobs will be shamed out of the game much like you say.

Dont underestimate the will power of some of the gankers who actualy enjoy pvp. I was beaten into a pulp in beta by gankers but it only made me stronger. If you made a crazy anti gank clan and targeted me to be honest I would welcome the excitement.

I like your attitude atleast I hope you can rally more with you hell when I finnaly get my comp fixed (my laptop blows for neocron) and school ends probably around doy coming out I may volunteer to help you til you get your people off there fight. Though I will have to return to the dark side once you get a group of people going :)