PDA

View Full Version : Class Bandwagon jumping

ezza
15-03-04, 21:13
anyone else out there hate this?

you know i started as hybrid, back then there wasnt many of us about so it was cool, then suddenly when people found they could be over powered with them every one was getting a hybrid monk, suddenly lots popped up, soon after hybrids nerfed, but before that i went apu, wasnt the first apu on saturn(i know seven and Jewish were apu before me)but i was apu before the big lom sessions in medicare took place.

i was happy as apu then it was like APU PPUs everywhere, and we were overpowered so i went hybrid again for a bit but again i was seeing powerful hybrids capable of killing anyone, so i deleted my monk(yeah dumb move but what can you do).

so i went to my tank who was melee at the time, not many tanks around so i decided to lom to tank, then suddenly its tankocron all over again and im one in a 100 tanks, so i lom to melee, but nope loads of melee users now.

pisses me off all the class jumpers wish id stuck with my hybrid whole way instead of getting annoyed at all these people but i loved my monk back then cos was individual, and i knew other monks just by seeing them not there name :)

but im back as hybrid now, so can i ask everyone not to make a hybrid as i dont want to go to another class thanks:D

steweygrrr
15-03-04, 21:14
I can honestly say I have never played a class just because its got new toys/become PvP viable.

sw1tch
15-03-04, 21:16
i think the only class you would be happy as is melee spy :p

its a changing world heh
not been here during all those changes, but i liked the fact that i started my tank in monk-o-cron, and then tank-o-cron started to happen so i created a ppu.

Strych9
15-03-04, 21:17
Can I ask what is REALLY the problem here?

People, like ezza, want to win in this game. They are not after prizes or RP or friends or whatever, just getting the kill.

KK's rules change so that one class is able to get the kill easier than the others.

So why WOULDNT people change?

In a game where its perfectly acceptable to gank newbs, camp genreps, etc... you are suprised people arent willing to accept a challenge?

Maybe I should ask why you would switch classes just because someone else is like you?

There is no value in "being the first" in Neocron.

ezza
15-03-04, 21:21
Originally posted by Strych9
Can I ask what is REALLY the problem here?

People, like ezza, want to win in this game. They are not after prizes or RP or friends or whatever, just getting the kill.

KK's rules change so that one class is able to get the kill easier than the others.

So why WOULDNT people change?

In a game where its perfectly acceptable to gank newbs, camp genreps, etc... you are suprised people arent willing to accept a challenge?

Maybe I should ask why you would switch classes just because someone else is like you?

There is no value in "being the first" in Neocron. strych9 im not just in it for the kill etc whatever you may belive, i like being individual

why would i if that was the case have a melee tank when freezers where in full use, or play a tank when i had the hybrid sitting there enableing me to easy kill people.

no i do it cos i 1 like the challange, 2 like being individual i do my own thing, when i see loads of people exactly like me it annoys me

just cos you dont like me dont start saying how i play the game when you dont know

your hostile to me in every single thing i post, so why dont you lay of it ok, you dont know me

Glok
15-03-04, 21:24
It was after patch 196 that I rolled my monk. I like a challenge. :)

tbh, it hasn't turned out to be much of a challenge, PvM is easy as fuck. I'll have to wait to see what PvP is like.

Strych9
15-03-04, 21:28
Originally posted by ezza
strych9 im not just in it for the kill etc whatever you may belive, i like being individual

why would i if that was the case have a melee tank when freezers where in full use, or play a tank when i had the hybrid sitting there enableing me to easy kill people.

no i do it cos i 1 like the challange, 2 like being individual i do my own thing, when i see loads of people exactly like me it annoys me

just cos you dont like me dont start saying how i play the game when you dont know Two things:

1. No such thing as an individual in Neocron. You werent the only melee tank when freezers where in use. People still played tanks when hybrids where in full effect. There has never been the LEAST bit individual class or variant in this game.

2. I like you ezza. If you think I dont like you then you need to really read what I say. I have never badmouthed you specifically. Did you miss the part where I said that one time recently about ezza > all, and that respect = respect + 1. That was me giving you props for showing in two cases that you at least are much better in some way than your comrades.

Is it maybe easier to dismiss my ideas if you think I dont like you?

These comments are not about you specifically. If I misrepresented you above, then fine, I apologize and you can remove yourself from the list.

But EVERYONE that you are afraid of copying you are going to "whats good" not because of RP, but because they want to win. People join BD because they want genrep access. People (and this includes you and me) like doing things that are easy.

Now if you really do not care about doing well in this game, then I believe you.

Richard Blade
15-03-04, 21:34
Originally by Ezza - snipped

i like being individual

The problem with that is Neocron has 4 classes. Each class has maybe 2 options for style of play, and 1 class has maybe 1/4 of a change with tradeskills in addition to the 2 options. Some people may have other numbers, but these are pretty much all of them. PE's might have more, but.. I seldom play my PE, so I don't have much experience with different setups for him.

Anyway, my point is, it's hard to be individual when the options are so limited.

I'd point at patch 160 or so, way back when specialization was made as the only way to play.

Myrlin
15-03-04, 21:44
How about a system that controls the number of people in each class? When you create a new character the client checks with the server to get a count of how many spys/tanks/monks/pes are on that server and only lets you choose from the 2 or 3 lowest classes. If you want a monk to join in with monkocron you have to wait until tanks, pes, or spys outnumber monks before you can create a new monk. Pretty soon you'd see 25% of each class on the server.

Strych9
15-03-04, 21:47
Originally posted by Myrlin
How about a system that controls the number of people in each class? When you create a new character the client checks with the server to get a count of how many spys/tanks/monks/pes are on that server and only lets you choose from the 2 or 3 lowest classes. If you want a monk to join in with monkocron you have to wait until tanks, pes, or spys outnumber monks before you can create a new monk. Pretty soon you'd see 25% of each class on the server. Yipes.

So on Saturn, the four char server, the server would try and limit you to four spies???

No thanks.

You want to be individual with your char, inject some of yourself into it.

ezza
15-03-04, 21:49
Originally posted by Richard Blade
The problem with that is Neocron has 4 classes. Each class has maybe 2 options for style of play, and 1 class has maybe 1/4 of a change with tradeskills in addition to the 2 options. Some people may have other numbers, but these are pretty much all of them. PE's might have more, but.. I seldom play my PE, so I don't have much experience with different setups for him.

Anyway, my point is, it's hard to be individual when the options are so limited.

I'd point at patch 160 or so, way back when specialization was made as the only way to play. well look at it like this

monk: apu/ppu/ hybrid
PE: riflelow/riflehigh/pistollow/pistolhigh/melee
spy:rifle/pistol/drone/ortradeskiller
tank:heavy/melee

now thats not all the designs but theres 13 combat types there, yet most people are grouped in to a few of them, loads of tanks loads, maybe the tanks will lessen now the apus got HL working again.

maybe individual slightly wrong word, but i like being 1 of 10, 1 of 20 than one of 100, you know.

just annoys me when i was thinking back to my hybrid days, everyone suddenly jumped to the class, they didnt care if the class was fun(which it was for me at that time)they just wanted to kill as easy as possible(reason they were tank at start of retail)meh

of course if the game had started retail with some resemplence of balance it wouldnt of been so bad

Kal
15-03-04, 21:54
PE: heavy, vehicles
tank: lotech pistols, lotech rifles

and theres too many types of hyb to count

StryfeX
15-03-04, 21:54
Eh, I've always played whatever I wanted to play regardless of what the "flavor of the month" was/is. Hence why I haven't had a monk in retail, regardless of their uberness.

--Stryfe

Myrlin
15-03-04, 21:56
Yipes.

So on Saturn, the four char server, the server would try and limit you to four spies???

No thanks.

You want to be individual with your char, inject some of yourself into it.

I wasn't really saying it was a good idea. Just what the possible effects of having some "big brother" controls on the characters could be. (not that I would mind seeing an influx of spies)

Genty
15-03-04, 22:07
I have been the same monk since day 1 of Pluto. I started Hybrid and saw the good times and the very bad times, i stuck with it. Only when the huge Hybrid nerf did i LoM away. I went to an origional character of my own, that being the TAR weidling PPU. Played that for quite a long time. Now I am back to Hybrid and have been since the reduction to 5% effect that APU and PPU have on each other. Without a DS is seriously sucks so I am waiting for the changes of the weapon TL's to change over to a new setup.

Will I delete my Monk? No, even though I don't have any other account I will always keep my monk on pluto.

EDIT - and to actually answer your question, I only find it mildly annoying that people jump ship when one class suddenly gets a benefit, if they are willing to put the effort into leveling another character then that is their option and they can do as they wish.

Slightly related Note - I wish they controlled the factions that you can begin with, displaying the faction population and locking the 6 most populated factions and giving incentives to join the weakest 2 or whatever factions.

gostly
15-03-04, 23:06
i made a monk last year on pluto...started as hybrid...later on went to pure apu...before monkocron and before pa's...i leveled/played that for 2 months...werent many apu's during those times...i left the game for 3-4 months...came back and everyone in the fuckin game was a monk...so i said fuck this and rerolled

so i can agree with ezza...i wanted to be independant instead of just another look-a-like...and now everyone is a tank and a monk...

thing is...i much prefer tankocron over monkocron...

and my tank on saturn atm is melee, that was supposed to only be a way to level until i could decide to change...but along the way i got into 1v1 fights and have won without being hit or barely getting hit...so that's why im sticking with melee...atleast until i get tired of it and goto heavy...but the thing is...i dont find myself doing much dmg in op fights since everyone has holy s/d and then they get healed and i do no dmg or barely any...so maybe ill be switching to heavy soon...i still havent decided yet

sparrowtm
15-03-04, 23:10
Pistol PE. Through good and bad times, Pistol PE. How much I hated KK back then for making the pistoleer PvP-viable - they stole my individuality! :D

metalangel
16-03-04, 01:38
*sigh* Maybe it's because I wasn't that 'down' with how the game worked back then (I'm still not entirely) but I don't remember this huge character arms-race being nearly as bad in beta4 or early retail.

Unless I'm completely mistaken. :rolleyes:

Legoias
16-03-04, 02:49
My first tank was a hybrid H-C/M-C and when i didnt know better I was convinced to lom to full H-C. At that point I started to play my tank less. Then I did a terrible thing.. I deleted the tank in favour of the APU bandwagon, that was a BIG mistake. I couldn't even bare to lvl that poor character.

I decided to start over and made a tank again, this time melee which I found a whole lot of fun. Now where ever I look I see melee tanks :(

ino
16-03-04, 02:50
It's Unfortunatly always like this, where ppl have to win no matter what. I started a monk on Saturn in January 2003 I think or december 2002 dont remember, back then there was some hybrids arround (or most monks where) but not everywhere.

Then I started to experiment with ppu/apu combos and others did too it seemed and up popped everyone including their aunt as hybrids :) Didnt go apu on that monk until the psi point release I HATE to Lom.

A while before the hybrid nerf I started a ppu cause I always ended up supporting ppl with my hybrid anyway and I kinda liked the help others thing, and a month later apu/ppu where the thing to be :) But I still play my ppu quite much, like it more than playing apu.

I also started a Melee tank on Uranus dont know 4 months ago or something, it was fun beeing kinda alone :)

The thing is there are alot of ppl who are "lazy" and take the short way to win instead of really learing one class and to learn the other classes weakneses. There are ways to win vs other classes without having to jump to the current badass class just cause you got whopped by one.

doh edit..

TheGreatMilenko
16-03-04, 02:51
Rifle PE > All

:p

joran420
16-03-04, 02:52
I was always pure APU even when hybrids were viable(well not pure..i could use TL 3 heal)

g0rt
16-03-04, 02:59
i like playing all types of classes

ino
16-03-04, 03:03
hehe yeah ofcourse on 4 slot server or multi account pluto players that want to try the classes out isnt acounted for aslong as they dont reset a slot just to make one current uber class atm thing. Like all of a sudden there are 10x more droners arround until they figured doh. ppl didnt die as fast as they first thougt. textbook classjumper ex.

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 03:06
ive got 6 active chars now .. 2 i need to make useful as they are dated .. wait .. ones not started really ... anyway I find this keeps the game interesting and you have access to all sorts of useful resources etc does make trading for rares hard tho :)

g0rt
16-03-04, 03:12
Originally posted by Psyco Groupie
ive got 6 active chars now .. 2 i need to make useful as they are dated .. wait .. ones not started really ... anyway I find this keeps the game interesting and you have access to all sorts of useful resources etc does make trading for rares hard tho :)

ive been flamed alot ingame for having 3 accts

the mock is, most people that flame me play as much if not alot MORE then me, but have either been playing the actual game for well under a year, OR have quit for large amounts of time between playing.

i dunno about them....but me, I pay 75$/month for television, which I watch maybe 5 hours a week, and 30$/month for Neocron...which I play usually 5 hours a day or more....so I don't see why people are like OMG THREE ACCTS IS SO MUCH MONEY! it really, really isn't when you put it into perspective....

Richard Blade
16-03-04, 03:46
Ezza, I wasn't arguing, I agree.

I recall when the MC5's didn't have requirments and there were people doing things you won't see now because it's impossible to get those setups.

Although, most of the people who play "seriously" are making cookie-cutter setups for combat. Logically, there are only a few ways to setup mainskills for characters. I'll stay away from Con. Too many people use superstition for that. :D

If they had a way for people to make a multi-use character, that could be viable in combat, but not allow someone else to overpower a character, then we could have 100 different setups.
Possibly adding Dex or INT chips that will only work for Tanks. Or, Str or Con chips that only work for Spies. Str and Dex for monks.
Don't make them too powerful, but make them viable for something else.

StryfeX
16-03-04, 03:51
Specialization has really killed any chance of being unique and viable (without an LE.) IMO that's the single worst thing that KK did to ruin a lot of people's fun.

--Stryfe

Scikar
16-03-04, 03:54
Originally posted by g0rt
ive been flamed alot ingame for having 3 accts

the mock is, most people that flame me play as much if not alot MORE then me, but have either been playing the actual game for well under a year, OR have quit for large amounts of time between playing.

i dunno about them....but me, I pay 75$/month for television, which I watch maybe 5 hours a week, and 30$/month for Neocron...which I play usually 5 hours a day or more....so I don't see why people are like OMG THREE ACCTS IS SO MUCH MONEY! it really, really isn't when you put it into perspective....

Too true. On Saturn who cares if you have 4 or 12 characters anyway? It's not like you're trying to get round anything. I'd say you're certainly getting your money's worth.

mdares
16-03-04, 05:31
if u wanna be individual or just see wut's it like to be "one of the odd ones" play as melee spy... you have no idea how fun it is... like stealth into an opfight and slash with ur laser blade 2... doing like 10 dmg... the thing is u tend to attract a lot of attention too as people will try to kill u... but htye cant... cuz you got 100+ agil... and stealth... :D

after playing a melee spy for a few weeks i learned that anything is possible and pvp viable in NC :D

HumphreY
16-03-04, 07:18
You want to be more individual and someone special on Saturn?

Try to help a newbie player to get his first slotted weapon.

Try to say "gg" to your op-fight opponent after the fight.

Try to organize some interesting events for everyone.

Try to support other players at praccy with your PPU (if you got one).

Try to do proper roleplay.

These are stuff that will really make you INDIVIDUAL on Saturn.

g0rt
16-03-04, 09:36
Originally posted by HumphreY
You want to be more individual and someone special on Saturn?

Try to help a newbie player to get his first slotted weapon.

Done this multiple times....

Try to say "gg" to your op-fight opponent after the fight.

This isn't a team fortress match, this is a constant fight to hold ground...the round doesn't reset every half hour....learn to hate your enemies, and you will fight better.

Try to organize some interesting events for everyone.

I agree this is a great thing to do. But I pay a monthly fee to have events organized for ME, not to organize events for others....

Try to support other players at praccy with your PPU (if you got one).

Do it all the time.

Try to do proper roleplay.

Can't handle roleplay, my life is great why would I want to pretend to live a different one?

These are stuff that will really make you INDIVIDUAL on Saturn, in my opinion.

I fixed this quote for you.

Original monk
16-03-04, 11:06
Hiya ezza my friend, so youre playing a hybrid now ?

that pleases me alot :)

what are you planning to be ?? a 50/50 hybrid ? or more attack orientated or more defense orientated ??

on saturn there is a hybrid runnin around that has full ppu defenses and uses lances for offense :P pretty funny hehe

i always was more apu and a bit ppu in the old days, but now things have changed: people do so much damage: so im 50/50

climate is ideal to start out a hybrid ezza, they yust lowerd the holydef/blessed shelter/blessed heal/ H energy halo :) and i must say i have a good time with em :)

only problem is that ya need to be capped to be a bit viable: its yust ya need the ppw so badly ya see :) so it takes a while before ya can start out decently..

cause my tangent hybridmonk isnt appreciated at the chaoscaves i use alternative caves :/ but it aint easy: its hard work for very little xp. au contraire with my apu who hunts daily at the chaoscaves lately :) and gonna be capped in notime :)

fun thing about hybrids is independance :) ya go where ya want, ya can hunt every mob, every cave :)

anyways, lemme know what kind of hybrid ya are, cu laterz

angelsenior
16-03-04, 11:18
Since I started playing NC, I stayed with my rifle PE all the way, only recently did I start on some sidetrack characters but the PE is still my main char.

Just keep in mind that you should play your char as you want to play them to have fun, dont feel forced to jump the bandwagon with every change.

what changes between saturn and the other servers? just the player pop and then still, so I think it goes for all servers.

As a MMORPG it is but normal that events are both organised by KK and by the players themselves, lets not be lazy with this.

ezza
16-03-04, 13:05
Originally posted by Original monk
Hiya ezza my friend, so youre playing a hybrid now ?

that pleases me alot :)

what are you planning to be ?? a 50/50 hybrid ? or more attack orientated or more defense orientated ??

on saturn there is a hybrid runnin around that has full ppu defenses and uses lances for offense :P pretty funny hehe

i always was more apu and a bit ppu in the old days, but now things have changed: people do so much damage: so im 50/50

climate is ideal to start out a hybrid ezza, they yust lowerd the holydef/blessed shelter/blessed heal/ H energy halo :) and i must say i have a good time with em :)

only problem is that ya need to be capped to be a bit viable: its yust ya need the ppw so badly ya see :) so it takes a while before ya can start out decently..

cause my tangent hybridmonk isnt appreciated at the chaoscaves i use alternative caves :/ but it aint easy: its hard work for very little xp. au contraire with my apu who hunts daily at the chaoscaves lately :) and gonna be capped in notime :)

fun thing about hybrids is independance :) ya go where ya want, ya can hunt every mob, every cave :)

anyways, lemme know what kind of hybrid ya are, cu laterz yeah pleases me to, im having fun playing her.

if i can get my hands in a DS, ill proberbly go for blessed defence and holy halo.

Original monk
16-03-04, 13:24
yeah pleases me to, im having fun playing her.

if i can get my hands in a DS, ill proberbly go for blessed defence and holy halo.

ow its a her :)

yeah ds and psicore are really necessary :/ and preferably capped :/ if ya wonna particpate in pvp that is, i didnt started leveling my hybrid before i got a apukami, psicore and ds in he's gogo hehe :)

and ya made the right choise :P blessed defenses and halo attacks :) but as you will see: ya will lack that liiitlebit of power :/

maybe ya can help me convince KK to lower the requests for the regular fire halo and the holy poisonhalo to bring em more in line with the holy energy halo :) that would allready solve alot of hybridtroubles .. like HeH 118 FH 120 HpH 122

ya will see that at the end it will always comes down to these 3 spells hehe. where i can only use the HeH from when still wanting blessed defenses :/

anyways enjoy leveling her, hybrids are THE WIN !

get rid of the bad reputation of the hybrids !

ezza
16-03-04, 13:27
i was looking at that, with the mob resists coming in, were gonna find basically our main attack(the energy halo) is gonna be bad against some mobs, but we dont really have an altarnative, so i do they they should lower the fire and poison halo to around the holy halo mark.

its gonna be a while before i cap, only a nibblet char of about 40/37

Original monk
16-03-04, 13:32
its gonna be a while before i cap, only a nibblet char of about 40/37

i doubt its gonna take a while: cause of a hybrids great independance and youre hi survivalrate ya gain very good xp tbh, yust join alot of chaoscavesteams :) ya can barrel with the tl 40 barrel or ya can help out ealing an rezzurecting :) also dont forget the multilightningbolt: ya can use the first one and it owns bigtime :) altough not alot of people like it to see you using it :P

ow i gonna eat now: i can talk about hybrids all day long lol

laterz :)

Radamez
16-03-04, 14:03
Alot of people want to be the best, so they have to be the best (overpowered/least nerfed) class at the time to achieve that..

Their sacrifice is that they'll never be quite as good as those who have stuck with a class, and practised with it since day one.. simply because they never settle into a class long enough to master it.

It used to kind of annoy me, how fickle people can be regarding class and faction (faction being more of a bandwagon issue IMO).. but meh.. who am I to judge how another uses the character they pay for ? :angel:

extract
16-03-04, 14:14
Im not going to read through this whole thread the first post was enough.....first off they are not "youre" class, and who cares if someone makes a char because theyve become PvP viable, its assholes in this game who just run around and have nothing better to do than kill people who cause people to want to play something thats worthwhile in PvP and dont give me this shit about individuality....theres only 4 fucking classes ffs....even with the low server count youre always going to be 1 in 100 of something....so stop fuckin crying please.....

ezza
16-03-04, 14:26
Originally posted by extract
Im not going to read through this whole thread the first post was enough.....first off they are not "youre" class, and who cares if someone makes a char because theyve become PvP viable, its assholes in this game who just run around and have nothing better to do than kill people who cause people to want to play something thats worthwhile in PvP and dont give me this shit about individuality....theres only 4 fucking classes ffs....even with the low server count youre always going to be 1 in 100 of something....so stop fuckin crying please..... next time read the whole thing or simply dont post.

extract
16-03-04, 14:56
next time read the whole thing or simply dont post.

well unless you went back on youre original post and apologized for whining for nothing, then that would be pointless now wouldnt it....

ezza
16-03-04, 15:16
whos whineing? im just saying its annoying that everyone just jumps to the class thats uber.

and as for your theres only 4 classes, there many subclasses to them(if you had read the thread you would know buy your dumb and so didnt)for people to chose from.

take rifle PEs, cos they aint the win anymore( or so people belive) there is very few rifle Pes.

where as because monks became uber everyone made one to be leet

Original monk
16-03-04, 15:24
Originally posted by extract
well unless you went back on youre original post and apologized for whining for nothing, then that would be pointless now wouldnt it....

hey my name is in this post :cool:

hey extract: it all started with hybrids: they came, where overpowerd and all off the sudden youre fighting only hybrids: where they get em i dunno lol

then droners get some lovin ... all off the sudden ya see droners everywhere lol, leveling up , PKing, whining about drones etc

then theres sumthing about devtanks: rits: devtanks by the hundreds LOL

something in the patch about new melleerares and allot of melleetalk on the forums: after a year and some more all off the sudden ya see melleetanks again LOL

stupid lol
and i can understand very clearly that ya wonna stick out of the crowd then: its not like its fun that everyone looks the same ... HCPA, MELLEEPA, PPU/APUPA, PEPA, SPYPA

but like said before: these are not even close that worse as them factionhoppers lol

im glad i play hybrid: then i atleast dont have a PA to wear :) and people see me like what char i choise in the beginning :)

atleast ezza doesnt wonna be a sheep and have the same prefab setup everyone has.

greendonkeyuk
16-03-04, 15:35
lol ezza we got clans full of people on uranus that do exactly that.......

personally i play on a four char server and flick between my chars dependant on my mood at the time. If id started with one char only tbh id have got bored outta my mind and probably hung up my keyboard. My first char was a spy as i had no idea what i was doing and jus wanted to hack. Second was a tank as they were apparently good in pvp. Third was a pe as i heard they were easy to cap. lastly i got a ppu because by that time id had the benefits of one while levelling and realised how much easier it was. I dont think i ever jumped onto a bandwagon tbh but to some it may appear like that i guess. Still i pay my money for my account at the end of the day and if the game is fun for me then surely thats all that matters. Zoneseek m8 i have to wholeheartedly agree with all your points there, if its fun for you who gives a fuck what anyone else thinks.

ezza
16-03-04, 15:36
Originally posted by Original monk

im glad i play hybrid: then i atleast dont have a PA to wear :) and people see me like what char i choise in the beginning :)

thats one thing i love about the hybrids, you see that char that it is.

now everyones in PA, very few people go PA less, only 2 monks who aint hybrid who dont wear PA are eled and dangerklaus, everyone else just looks like jawa bleah.

Devils Grace
16-03-04, 15:38
2. I like you ezza. If you think I dont like you then you need to really read what I say. I have never badmouthed you specifically. Did you miss the part where I said that one time recently about ezza > all, and that respect = respect + 1. That was me giving you props for showing in two cases that you at least are much better in some way than your comrades.

Is it maybe easier to dismiss my ideas if you think I dont like you?

yea ezza strych is right

im the onw he doesnt like :D

GOOD;)

Jesterthegreat
16-03-04, 15:38
anyone else out there hate this?

you know i started as hybrid, back then there wasnt many of us about so it was cool, then suddenly when people found they could be over powered with them every one was getting a hybrid monk, suddenly lots popped up, soon after hybrids nerfed, but before that i went apu, wasnt the first apu on saturn(i know seven and Jewish were apu before me)but i was apu before the big lom sessions in medicare took place.

i was happy as apu then it was like APU PPUs everywhere, and we were overpowered so i went hybrid again for a bit but again i was seeing powerful hybrids capable of killing anyone, so i deleted my monk(yeah dumb move but what can you do).

so i went to my tank who was melee at the time, not many tanks around so i decided to lom to tank, then suddenly its tankocron all over again and im one in a 100 tanks, so i lom to melee, but nope loads of melee users now.

pisses me off all the class jumpers wish id stuck with my hybrid whole way instead of getting annoyed at all these people but i loved my monk back then cos was individual, and i knew other monks just by seeing them not there name :)

but im back as hybrid now, so can i ask everyone not to make a hybrid as i dont want to go to another class thanks:D

been a spy since retail. got a 188 resser (no buffs / glove / lab), a ** droner (thats sure not class jumping), a rifle PE and a hc tank (hc tank is claimed to be useless in ops now... PE / tank were made at demands of biochimp and other RL mates, they decided my spy experiment had gone on long enough lol)

my first ever chars were pistol spies. one is now resser / repper, one is now drone. i dont do faction / class hopping. i purposely chose the weakest weapon / class i could when making Chicken Legs!... pistol spy. i got to 62/63. i could beat all classes... but not consistantly. i would prolly lose more than i won (i didnt stealth). pistol spies are prolly the most fun class in the game. they can have good resists... but its not easy to have good resists and good health at the same time. with spy con you always sacrifice something to gain something.

anyway... this isnt a spy thread :)

yes... class hoppers suck, but deal with it. as much as people claim to play to have fun... we all play to win, and have fun winning. to win easily there are few setups / classes / weapons to use. people will try to make strong chars, people will make certain classes.

Strych9
16-03-04, 15:42
Originally posted by Devils Grace
yea ezza strych is right

im the onw he doesnt like :D

GOOD;) Nah, DG's secksayness just throws me off, and makes me feel guilty for some reason. :confused:

;)

Candaman
16-03-04, 15:44
thats one thing i love about the hybrids, you see that char that it is.

now everyones in PA, very few people go PA less, only 2 monks who aint hybrid who dont wear PA are eled and dangerklaus, everyone else just looks like jawa bleah.

<---------------- PA LESS

Strych9
16-03-04, 15:47
So what really makes someone a class hopper?

Say I wanted to try drones, came in to the game before the drone fix patch, and I asked, "Are droners fun to play?"

I would have gotten a bunch of "no!" from people, and a few "yes!" from the few droners that bothered to deal with the bugs and issues.

But then droners get boosts, and its considered more viable again. I decide that now I will try a droner.

Is that class hopping?

Like I said, people like to win. People like it easy. Everyone does.

You dont have to LIKE it when people play when it considered easy or best, but I hope everyone can at least understand it.

At somepoint, saying someone is a "hopper" loses all meaning. The dev is an effective weapon, so tanks that want to be effective close up start using one... are they now hoppers of some sort for wanting to be the best they can be?

How do you know someone ISNT a hopper? Would you have to see their class/account history and apply some sort of vague criteria to determine that they are "original" rather than a hopper?

ezza
16-03-04, 15:51
thread over close plz Mr Mod

Original monk
16-03-04, 15:53
How do you know someone ISNT a hopper? Would you have to see their class/account history and apply some sort of vague criteria to determine that they are "original" rather than a hopper?

its not like ya point at people and say: look at him he's a classhopper/factionhopper :)

its more like a phenomenon, a very intresting one

and btw: i are original :P it even says so in my name :P

edit: ezza, report youre own thread to a GM (rightunder-corner)and ask nicely to close it, im sure that new mod freya will close it very fast, she's sweet :P

Jesterthegreat
16-03-04, 15:55
So what really makes someone a class hopper?

Say I wanted to try drones, came in to the game before the drone fix patch, and I asked, "Are droners fun to play?"

I would have gotten a bunch of "no!" from people, and a few "yes!" from the few droners that bothered to deal with the bugs and issues.

But then droners get boosts, and its considered more viable again. I decide that now I will try a droner.

Is that class hopping?

Like I said, people like to win. People like it easy. Everyone does.

You dont have to LIKE it when people play when it considered easy or best, but I hope everyone can at least understand it.

At somepoint, saying someone is a "hopper" loses all meaning. The dev is an effective weapon, so tanks that want to be effective close up start using one... are they now hoppers of some sort for wanting to be the best they can be?

personally i see clas hopping as things like the hybrid stuation.

hybrids could beat 10 people at once... people went hybrid. they may claim it was for fun of pvp or whatever... but it was changing classes so they could win more. to an extent anyone rolling a new char may be doing that... but with hybrids it was because they knew the class was overpowered

Devils Grace
16-03-04, 16:00
Nah, DG's secksayness just throws me off, and makes me feel guilty for some reason. :confused:

;)

WELL at least im always a apu

btw strych define secksaynesso_O

Dont Mess
17-03-04, 02:36
i only really play tank and ppu..i have a pe but just for techs and my apu well he is just ther coz i cant delete him otherise my bro will kill me

Morris
17-03-04, 02:49
Once a spy, always a spy. As long as KK can keep spy-o-cron at bay then I'll have something to be happy about :lol:

Made my tank in monk-o-cron to be different, and my ppu in tank-o-cron to try something new. Had a rifle PE for a while too, but since I play my spy like a PE anyways I really couldn't justify using a char slot for it.

extract
17-03-04, 04:04
sublevel ROFL!!! what you mean like a pistol tank? or a APU PE?

please if youre so much for individuality ezza why not play a pistol tank? youre picking classes that are the most common, and dont act like you were the only melee tank before the boost....

your whole post/s are pretty much lacking the justifacation to support them is what Im saying.....

@original monk, I know what you mean about droners...I had mine, and didnt play him a whole lot just cause they sucked...now that they are somewhat fixed I play mine now, which is what I gather most people did....they capped a char, realized they were shit compared to other classes, put them in the closet, brought them back out and are now called bandwagoneers, when in fact they prolly had that char longer than most.....

there are a few people who do reroll a char because a new weapon came out or whatever, but is that not the choice you have in this game?

should someone be shunned because they didnt make a char class before you?...secondly if you were so individual, chances are you did not share youre setup therefore the others had made one up themselves, thus creating a character individually, also making you look like a hypocrit....

so whatever the complaint here is, its not a valid one....so keep whining instead of playing and maybe youll get something accomplished someday....

ezza
17-03-04, 13:27
extract didnt i tell you to get out my thread

Freya
17-03-04, 14:03
thread closed at starters request