global
stories and artwork

and not :

venus
pluto

cRazy2003
15-03-04, 19:48
because it isnt the servers language o_O
wot wud be the point in having english RP then having the german server, makes no sense doesnt it?

naimex
15-03-04, 19:50
Originally posted by cRazy2003
because it isnt the servers language o_O
wot wud be the point in having english RP then having the german server, makes no sense doesnt it?

it doesnt wonder to you then that :

uranus = english server
saturn = english server

are both in german rp forum..

venus is in non of those 2 forums..

pluto isnt in german forum, even though both the other 2 english servers are.

but when the english servers are in german forum, why isnīt the german server in the english forum ?

Marx
15-03-04, 19:53
Uranus and Saturn both have a very strong German community while the one on Pluto is not.

Venus has its own server section within the french forums I beleive - I'm not good with french.

Psycho Killa
15-03-04, 19:54
Because there some german speakers on uranus especialy and saturn.

Only french people are suppose to be on venus.

Only one clan of germans I know of on pluto.

Very few english speakers on jupiter.

Tratos
15-03-04, 19:54
Venus has its own Roleplay and Events forum at the top of their community talk.

~Tratos

Scikar
15-03-04, 20:45
Uranus and Saturn are International servers, not English. English is simply the support language - you are only guaranteed support on Saturn and Uranus if you ask in English.

StryfeX
15-03-04, 21:07
Originally posted by Scikar
Uranus and Saturn are International servers, not English. English is simply the support language - you are only guaranteed support on Saturn and Uranus if you ask in English. That's funny, 'cause I've asked for support in English a few times on Saturn and I've gotten a response back in German. :p

--Stryfe

Scikar
15-03-04, 22:21
Originally posted by StryfeX
That's funny, 'cause I've asked for support in English a few times on Saturn and I've gotten a response back in German. :p

--Stryfe

It's still support isn't it? You ask in English, you get a response, even if it is in German. :p

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 06:15
It's still support isn't it? You ask in English, you get a response, even if it is in German. :p

xD that shit cracked me right up.

Anyways...to answer the original poster:

(Edited by me for correction purposes)

Why does the english Side of RP forum only have :

global
saturn
uranus
pluto
stories and artwork

and not :
(Strikethrough)venus(/Strikethrough)
jupiter

Why does the german side og RP forum only have :

Jupiter
saturn
uranus
global
stories and artwork

and not :

(strikethrough)venus(/strikethrough)
pluto

I think that should do it. :D

J. Folsom
16-03-04, 17:00
Venus has it's own RP forum attached to the French community talk, I believe.

Jupiter's the German server, so it's only on the German side of the RP forums.
Pluto's the English server...
And Saturn and Uranus are the international servers, English is just the support language for those. It was, however, intended that both of them were played by anyone regardless of languages spoken by him/her.

garyu69
16-03-04, 17:26
I would love to see a Japanese one.

Not that i can talk the language at all, it would just be cool

sparrowtm
16-03-04, 17:58
Originally posted by garyu69
I would love to see a Japanese one.

Not that i can talk the language at all, it would just be cool

So that only Katsumi could post in it. :D

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 19:42
Tokyo II expansion omgwtf :eek:

When this game gets catered to the japanese, only then will we need a japanese server.

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 19:44
Tokyo II ... hence its not actually in Japan .. maybe

sparrowtm
16-03-04, 19:47
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Tokyo II expansion omgwtf :eek:

When this game gets catered to the japanese, only then will we need a japanese server.

I would play there, and learn Japanese just for that reason :lol:

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 19:47
you'd need to flip the hud round or something .. or is that chinese ?! :confused:

g0rt
16-03-04, 20:06
Uranus and Saturn are International servers, not English. English is simply the support language - you are only guaranteed support on Saturn and Uranus if you ask in English.

I find it simply a matter of respect. I don't go on Jupiter and talk english, because I respect that it says GERMAN beside the server. I don't speak German, so I accept that I have NO BUSINESS whatsoever on Jupiter.

German's that come on Saturn/etc and yab over trade/ooc/faction in thier own language are just a bunch of disrespectfull twats. The server says english, you wanna play on here? Learn the language...

sparrowtm
16-03-04, 20:08
Originally posted by g0rt
German's that come on Saturn/etc and yab over trade/ooc/faction in thier own language are just a bunch of disrespectfull twats. The server says english, you wanna play on here? Learn the language...

Even though I'm German .. I totally agree with you. If someone wants to interact with people from all over the world, he better knows how to speak English. If he doesn't, where's the point of playing on an international server? o_O

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 20:33
@ Sparrow:

I'm already learning Japanese. D:

"Watashi wa Kenjuten desu, douzo yoroshiku (I think)."

Trans: "I'm Kenjuten, nice to meet you."

:D

Seriously though, I'm in my 2nd semester, and I'm still kinda cringey about learning Kanji...least I heard it'll be 5 kanji a week next semester.

Odin
16-03-04, 21:16
Originally posted by g0rt
I find it simply a matter of respect. I don't go on Jupiter and talk english, because I respect that it says GERMAN beside the server. I don't speak German, so I accept that I have NO BUSINESS whatsoever on Jupiter.

The server is international. Support is in english. No one is being disrespectful.

sparrowtm
16-03-04, 21:27
Originally posted by Odin
The server is international. Support is in english. No one is being disrespectful.

Playing on an international server without being able to communicate with people from different nationalities is pointless, still. As is refusing to speak in a tongue most should understand.

Scikar
16-03-04, 22:28
Saturn and Uranus are international though. Just because most germans can speak english doesn't mean they all can. The reverse side of this is that global chat like Trade channels are intended for communication with the whole server, and talking in german is going to limit your communication compared to talking in english which will get through to everyone.

At the end of the day I don't really mind, I can speak some german so when I meet someone who can't speak english I don't usually have a problem. It also means I don't get scared that they're insulting me without me understanding. :p

g0rt
16-03-04, 22:31
Originally posted by Odin

Toronto is a multiculteral city. Its still disrespectfull when chinease or other races blab thier own language in front of a bunch of people that don't know what they're saying.

No one likes it. Its human etiquette, thats all.

Talking in a language most people can't understand is 100% disrespect, whether people want to admit it or not.

Theres a saying...theres a time and a place for everything. The time is anytime for German, but the place is Jupiter.

Clownst0pper
16-03-04, 22:38
Perhaps G0rt you shouldnt be ignorant that you are fortunate enough for English to be an internationally recognised 'standard' language.

Personally I think your being very ignorant and rude expecting everyone to speak your native tongue, when 99% of saturn do speak english, even if they are german or from anywhere else.

For a german born person, whos second language is english, they have to code switch to get into 'english mode'

Its far more natural, obviously to use german, by accident on through natural speech on trade ETC.

Myself and my brother both understand and read alot of german, personally, I know hes in a german clan, and has zero problem with them speaking it, even if he doesnt understand 100% of it, he understands and respects there language.

If you wish to know what they are saying, and if it is orientated towards yourself, ask them to speak in english politely, ull be suprised how open these 'german speaking' can be.

Are you not from canada or somewhere like that? Germany is part of europe? and so is England? Im sure we all respect our europian countries languages, otherwise you seriously have some issues, I hear those canadians are abit bizzare.

Koro/Kreole's Bro-o_O

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 22:55
I'm not defending g0rt, however it IS insulting to some people when people talk in code.

By code I mean any type of speech that is not obvious to understand to the reader who doesn't know the code.

If it is not insulting, then it is odd and it does lack respect to a point.

Language is NOT of my concern. You can be japanese or chinese or portugese. You can be any race and I wouldn't give a jack pile of shit.

I will NOT set foot on Japan or China or Portugal unless I know the language.

Simply because I do not want anyone hearing me speak another language in another place that has another native language.

Thinking in terms of respect, in accorance with language, is wrong.
Thinking in terms of respect, in accorance with peers, is right.

With that out of the way, the premise is the servers are international.

English might be the support language, and it might be the international language to know, but that doesn't mean foreign languages are unwelcome.

In other games, I have had the privelege of playing with foreign players. There may be a language barrier if no one knows the language of the other person, but that can easily be compromised. Easily.

If you want to feel otherwise, simply accept that it is your choice, and thus you should consider going to a non-international server.

After all, other people have worked very hard to learn not only english, but languages other than their native language. I believe if you truly want to contribute to a international server, you should at least know some things about other languages as well.

It's only proper. Just like foreigners should understand that they should not speak code in front of people who at the moment do not know how to interpret the code (in a timely fashion).

I stick on the fence, for a reason. And it's to clear up matters such as this.

Counter me as you please, I've said my piece.

naimex
16-03-04, 22:57
Originally posted by Kenjuten
@ Sparrow:

I'm already learning Japanese. D:

"Watashi wa Kenjuten desu, douzo yoroshiku (I think)."

Trans: "I'm Kenjuten, nice to meet you."

:D

Seriously though, I'm in my 2nd semester, and I'm still kinda cringey about learning Kanji...least I heard it'll be 5 kanji a week next semester.

"Ohajo Gosaimas, no namae es Martin"

learned that in the 4th grade by a japanese teacher that stayed with my class for 2 months. :)

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 23:00
If I understand right, that is a VERY polite way of saying your name.

Basically it's saying "Good morning, my name is Martin." D:

If it ain't a very polite way of saying it, it's a slightly fixed sentence in order for non-japanese people to understand better. D:

Cuz I think namae is a katakana word, yea?

Man, I'm only in Japanese for 2 semesters and I still don't have all my shit together. Makes me wonder how next year is gonna be. :p