PDA

View Full Version : More parashock stuff

MrChumble
15-03-04, 18:11
I just installed my new video card (ATI Radeon 9800 pro :)) and all was well until I got parashocked. And glued to the fucking floor. And I mean glued. Stuck. If I'd moved any slower I'd have been going backwards.
With my old card (an nvidia beast I'd been using as a temp card til I got my new one) para hardly slowed me down at all. So I kicked my 2nd PC into action (now using the nvidia) and para'd myself. Hardly did a thing, was skipping and jumping like a fairy.
Swapped chars over on PCs and para'd myself with same spell on the ATI box. Glued to floor.
What the hell is going on with this shit o_O

Edit: typos and general bad English :)

Myrlin
15-03-04, 18:43
What video card is in your Second PC? I'll buy one of those if it means that I can enjoy PvP without worrying about being parashocked all the time :P

MrChumble
15-03-04, 19:08
Elsa Gladiac 920 (gef3). I might just play neocron on my 2nd PC now, fps are pretty much the same anyway.

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 05:50
I think it was said in another thread that Neocron is highly anti-ATI.

Tough luck. :p

Seriously though, I feel sorry for you. =\

petek480
16-03-04, 05:56
Originally posted by MrChumble
I just installed my new video card (ATI Radeon 9800 pro :)) and all was well until I got parashocked. And glued to the fucking floor. And I mean glued. Stuck. If I'd moved any slower I'd have been going backwards.
With my old card (an nvidia beast I'd been using as a temp card til I got my new one) para hardly slowed me down at all. So I kicked my 2nd PC into action (now using the nvidia) and para'd myself. Hardly did a thing, was skipping and jumping like a fairy.
Swapped chars over on PCs and para'd myself with same spell on the ATI box. Glued to floor.
What the hell is going on with this shit o_O

Edit: typos and general bad English :)
Umm you do know that holy para was made like 20 times stronger in the last patch? It's not your computer. Btw neocron doesn't run like shit on an ati. I get 80fps standing around in p3 and about 30 in op fights.

MrChumble
16-03-04, 13:51
I get great FPS with my ATI, but with the same patch and swapping chars over between PCs I definately move significantly slower on the ATI based machine when parashocked. Don't ask me why, I'm just a monkey player :p

deac
16-03-04, 13:53
hmm i need to install my old gf4, and really omfg the shock from hp is bad right now... i have 0 movement right now.

MrChumble
16-03-04, 14:11
Originally posted by Thanatos
Slightly increased HOLY PARALYSIS freeze effect.

I hope they never 'slightly' increase the power of the doombeamer, whole sectors of the map will be flattened with each shot.

deac
16-03-04, 14:27
haha yea :)

and the tank that fired it from across the zone will take 999 dmg :)

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 14:55
or it'll become useful :rolleyes:

Garg [RogueNET]
16-03-04, 14:57
i got Radeon 9600....

lol i cant see so far in wastelands... NC have deep hatred against ATI lol

Jesterthegreat
16-03-04, 15:33
i got a gf 3 ti 500... not been para'd on that PC... ever...

however i got para's at a lan cafe... ATI card... couldnt move lmao

ill try it at home ASAP, and if so... bye bye lan center lol :)

Carinth
16-03-04, 20:11
I use a gf4 ti4600, but parashock definitly has a high effect on me during combat. It's not so much being able to move, as being unable to move my cursor. It's like someone turns my mouse sensitivity way down. It never fails that I'll be trying to swap in somthing, like antishock, or anti poison sanctum, but it takes 3x as long as it would otherwise because I'm shocked. Over half my deaths are while trying to swap in a spell when I'm shocked.

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 20:22
it changes your sens in rpos ? thats wrong, doesnt hap to me

.Cyl0n
16-03-04, 20:23
yep happens to me too with the sens... its EVIIIL

MrChumble
16-03-04, 21:22
I don't get mouse sens changes with para, but in any sort of combat situation my rpos fps drop so far that the mouse lags all over the place :(

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 21:33
Chumble, that's simply a variation of what they're talking about. :cool:

Myrlin
16-03-04, 22:36
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Chumble, that's simply a variation of what they're talking about. :cool:

No its not. His is based on his card not handling all the runners/gunfire etc. There's is based on the game telling their card to slow the mouse pointer down because they got shocked.

I haven't tested my mouse sensativity while shocked recently. I'll do that tonight. I have ATI cards in my computers.

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 22:38
O_o @ Myrlin

I dunno whether to call that being sarcastic, cynical, or something else...

Myrlin
16-03-04, 22:40
I'm not being sarcastic. I'm just trying to say that if his computer gets choppy in ALL combat situations then its not a good test of the parashock lowering mouse sensativity.

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 23:06
Oooooh. Right.

Mmkay, sorry. :cool:

Carinth
16-03-04, 23:43
With low fps, the graphics will be choppy, which means your cursor will hop from one point to another trying to keep up with where the mouse is telling it should be.

With low mouse sensisitvity, movement by the mouse vs movement on the screen is drasticly increased. So you can move your mouse all the way accross your pad and the cursor only slightly moves on the screen.

For me at least, the mouse sensitivity problem mostly happens while I'm tabbed with rpos. Otherwise the effect isn't nearly as bad.

This has been a semi feature of shock for a long time. I thought it was designed that way for a long time. One of the earlier modifications to reduce shock power, didn't actualy touch the spells ability to slow people down. It lessened it's effect on mouse sensitivity. I recall Tanks jumping up and down for joy because they could actualy aim and shoot while shocked. So despite being glued to the ground, they could actualy do something. Imagine being glued to the ground and having it way more difficult to aim. That's an evil parashock : )