PDA

View Full Version : The Unofficial Monk'O'Cron Thread

Rai Wong
15-03-04, 09:33
I am very dissapointed in KK's recent balancing with the last patch, I hope that enough people would be able to persuade the game to revert to the last patch 196

As a personl experience, playing on my rifle PE has never been worse in an Op Fight, I place a turret in hack room, run back out I am immedietely parashocked stuck to the ground, I pop a pill and sprint forward I take my HL out and fire at the nearest APU, no damage literally so I take my PE out and do about 7 damage on him, next thing an APU comes alone and zaps me with holy lightning 2 hits and i'm already nearly dead. I stealth and his FA?!?! still hits me 2 more times killing me in stealth.

Next time I try again even less hope, I got debuffed, damage boosted and parashocked 2 HLs i'm down. Last time I try keeping my range, my SH does damage, of about 60 but any player immedietely runs out of position before I can fire again, I take my HL and use it and it draws a straight line from where I am 3 APUS come to me the end....

So I logged my tank, but its even worse, devourer is rendered useless agaisnt buffed monks especially when antipoison/catharsis sanctum is near, CS is better then devourer, but still tanks are now no longer good in op fights.

Finally I log my PPU on and it is a blessing indeed, I can actually do something this time. but thats not right....

literally immedietely after the patch monk"o"cron is back, the best pvp clans have pairs of ppu/apus just practically killing everyone, no other combo could rival, plus there is no skill in using it anyway I see that the game was more balanced this patch. Our clan would more or less be forced to change from our international class mix into the APU/PPU formation just because its so damn good. We have tried using an assortment of classes, it just is much harder, APUs with overpowered HL and antibuff with a PPU sticking to their bum is as powerful as a deathstar with no weaknesses.

I have admit that KK would never impose self cast s/d, so I think it is important for KK to revert back when tanks/apus/ppus were more or less balanced...an back then PEs were better, now there is no point since APUs have deadly aim. I think CS should be raised back to its previous strength, and so should devourer, riflers need a boost, and shelter/deflector should be made selfcast, if you want APUS to keep that stupid overpowered HL and FA of theirs...

The HL when nerfed was underpowered, but kk made it overpowered again this is ridiculous put your act together, stop putting the german economy into the game for god sakes.

This thread is not agaisnt APUs you guys have to see the problem at hand, it is the matter of combining the PPU with the best attacking class, they can automatically make any class much much better, the APUs benefit the most, monks have powerfull resists, considering 90% of Op Fight weaponary is energy based, monks have ridiculous amounts of resist a well setup monk will be near invincible, including shields and a heal APUs can practically sex a nuclear bomb.

to futher lengthen the problem, the way to destroy a buffed monk is to get another monk...which is well pretty much self explantory...its like sex..

Rai out.

naimex
15-03-04, 09:37
Amen

Drake6k
15-03-04, 10:07
My earp or lib both do more than 7 damage to a buffed apu. I mean, I take down apus more than anything else in op wars. In a big fight the odd apu dies really really fast.

The main problem is the ppu heal. It's way to good and can make the ppu and anyone he keeps fully buffed/healed into a god. What if heals cast on other players went down 50%?

Also dont say the devourer is underpowered. It still owns and isnt ment to be the best overall forever tank gun. The CS was considered overpowered by many nibs before it even got a boost. I thought it was perfect back then... now its still more powerful and everyone is talking about how it was nerfed :rolleyes:

Crest
15-03-04, 10:12
Hmmm ... So you try and solo a PPU ... get attacked by an apu and then you write this ...

Seems your agenda is very clear .... Let me kill a ppu ...

Facts are
1) PPU did not kill you, and was not responsible for killing you. Anti Buff = APU, Any other damage you took = APU ....

2) PPU's should not be killed by 1 person ... if 1 person can kill a PPU, then give the PPU the ability to kill ...

Mebbe a PE stealth should be taken away ...
Compromise would be .. PE = No stealth ... PPU = No Para ....

Stops PE's with their level 2 buffs, and semi uber armour from trying a kill and running away ....

Fez
15-03-04, 10:33
the game balacing issue revoles around one class and one class only the PPU, his buffs his heals and his HP.....nuff said

extract
15-03-04, 10:39
Originally posted by Rai Wong
I am very dissapointed in KK's recent balancing with the last patch, I hope that enough people would be able to persuade the game to revert to the last patch 196

As a personl experience, playing on my rifle PE has never been worse in an Op Fight, I place a turret in hack room, run back out I am immedietely parashocked stuck to the ground, I pop a pill and sprint forward I take my HL out and fire at the nearest APU, no damage literally so I take my PE out and do about 7 damage on him, next thing an APU comes alone and zaps me with holy lightning 2 hits and i'm already nearly dead. I stealth and his FA?!?! still hits me 2 more times killing me in stealth.

Next time I try again even less hope, I got debuffed, damage boosted and parashocked 2 HLs i'm down. Last time I try keeping my range, my SH does damage, of about 60 but any player immedietely runs out of position before I can fire again, I take my HL and use it and it draws a straight line from where I am 3 APUS come to me the end....

So I logged my tank, but its even worse, devourer is rendered useless agaisnt buffed monks especially when antipoison/catharsis sanctum is near, CS is better then devourer, but still tanks are now no longer good in op fights.

Finally I log my PPU on and it is a blessing indeed, I can actually do something this time. but thats not right....

literally immedietely after the patch monk"o"cron is back, the best pvp clans have pairs of ppu/apus just practically killing everyone, no other combo could rival, plus there is no skill in using it anyway I see that the game was more balanced this patch. Our clan would more or less be forced to change from our international class mix into the APU/PPU formation just because its so damn good. We have tried using an assortment of classes, it just is much harder, APUs with overpowered HL and antibuff with a PPU sticking to their bum is as powerful as a deathstar with no weaknesses.

I have admit that KK would never impose self cast s/d, so I think it is important for KK to revert back when tanks/apus/ppus were more or less balanced...an back then PEs were better, now there is no point since APUs have deadly aim. I think CS should be raised back to its previous strength, and so should devourer, riflers need a boost, and shelter/deflector should be made selfcast, if you want APUS to keep that stupid overpowered HL and FA of theirs...

The HL when nerfed was underpowered, but kk made it overpowered again this is ridiculous put your act together, stop putting the german economy into the game for god sakes.

This thread is not agaisnt APUs you guys have to see the problem at hand, it is the matter of combining the PPU with the best attacking class, they can automatically make any class much much better, the APUs benefit the most, monks have powerfull resists, considering 90% of Op Fight weaponary is energy based, monks have ridiculous amounts of resist a well setup monk will be near invincible, including shields and a heal APUs can practically sex a nuclear bomb.

to futher lengthen the problem, the way to destroy a buffed monk is to get another monk...which is well pretty much self explantory...its like sex..

Rai out.

if youre only doing 7 dmg to an APU with a PE then try to cap youre weapon...a buffed and holy healed APU will take more than 7 dmg from my PE easy....secondly 2 hits unbuffed and ur dead with HL....try getting a con setup that works eh?.....the CS more powerful than dev? omg a higher TL weapon thats better than a lower TL weapon...OH NOOO!!!!

Im glad APUs got their powerhouse offense back. I was tired of watching my HL do fuckall dmg to anything it touched....last i checked the manifest stated that APUs were supposed to be insanely powered....alone a APU will not survive long against most.....

but with a PPU ANY class will seem overpowered....so whats the problem?

Lifewaster
15-03-04, 12:11
Well I just tried out a capped APU after patch, unbuffed he got jumped by an enemy PE, lost half health from 2 bursts ran and hid.

Came back , targeted the Pe, held the right mouse button for 2 seconds, 3 hls went off , only the first actually hitting in line of sight cos he immediately ran around a corner. I was amazed when I got the Faction sympaty message, cos as far as I thought, I had took him down a third to half health and he had ran.

Yet I walked round corner and there he was dead, and me thinking so this is what APUs do ?

APU damage is just amazing, and the ability to spam multiple extra hits after the target has ran behind cover is just savage.

They should have less damage and more defense imo.

extract
15-03-04, 12:19
3 hits of HL on a capped PE and he was dead? where do u people get youre con setups?

Elric
15-03-04, 12:20
Originally posted by extract
3 hits of HL on a capped PE and he was dead? where do u people get youre con setups?

I found mine on a cornflakes packet :D

extract
15-03-04, 12:23
Originally posted by Elric
I found mine on a cornflakes packet :D

oh man youre in for it, thats the die in 2 hits of HL standard con setup due to overdose in fiber causing you to shit youre pants mid fight:p

MrChumble
15-03-04, 12:26
3 hits from HL and my tank is near enough dead...I got my conn setup from a corn flakes box ;) [Edit: omigod someone beat me to the punchline while I was typing :)]

I'm glad they reduced the Dev, but not glad they did it quite so thoroughly. 196 was a good patch, generally. Dev needed a slight tweak down, APUs needed a slight tweak up. PPU as ever needed reworked from scratch.

I'm really looking forward to Lupus finishing his weapon re-works, it should make a HUGE difference to the game, even if it takes a few patches to fully iron out.

Hopefully after that he will turn his attention to monks and get them sorted :)

Candaman
15-03-04, 12:27
Well i don't know what ur saying but my low tech rifle pe took out 6 people @ a op fite last nite so maybe its just ur skill. If u picked ur targets better @ stayed to them and kept ur speed up then pe can beat apu as long as the ppu ain't glued up his ass.

THE_TICK!!!!
15-03-04, 12:29
hey rai :P havin fun yet wahooo...i leave and they give the HL back to us monkeys damnit..

Stigmata
15-03-04, 12:29
these PE's are probably pure body health no resists and battle armor on.

the reason why people have started playing monks again is not becuase they are over-powered, it is because you do not need much skill to play a monk, granted to be a good ppu u need skill, and to be a solo apu u lots of skill, but in a OP war where you just shoot everything thats red and moves..............

Candaman
15-03-04, 12:37
Originally posted by stigmata
these PE's are probably pure body health no resists and battle armor on.

the reason why people have started playing monks again is not becuase they are over-powered, it is because you do not need much skill to play a monk, granted to be a good ppu u need skill, and to be a solo apu u lots of skill, but in a OP war where you just shoot everything thats red and moves..............

not necesarilly red ^^

extract
15-03-04, 12:41
were getting a lil off track here, I guess the main point Im trying to argue is the fact that the original thread starter is basing his opinion of a fight where the APU had a PPU glued to his ass....

You glue a PPU to a PE/tank and you have holy hell

most APUs will do good dmg to a good PE or tank, but if a skilled tank or PE cant take down a solo APU, Im sorry but you just suck.....no ifs ands or buts, you fuckin suck!!!!
:p

Possessed
15-03-04, 13:20
I agree with cannings here. At an op fight I can normally take down a few APUs solo, and with a APU a PPU or two, it's all about picking your targets. Are you gonna go after that APU standing next to two PPUs? Or that one at the other side of the op standing with his thumb up his arse trying to HAB someone? It's all about choices... and teamwork....

Though I do agree the apu/ppu problem has gone on for too long and should be fucking fixed already.

Egeon
15-03-04, 13:20
197 patch is one of the worst patches ever. :mad:

- Take Parashock out for ffs!!
- ALL Damages back to 196 (with some SMALL!!! tweaks)
- Make Devourer usefull again
- Make foreign cast heal have a 30-40% effect!
- Include Deflector in the Shelter (Def in Shelter, Blessed Def ind Blessed Shelter, Holy Def n Holy Shelter) spell, but only with 40% of it power it was atm. Monks can still use the Belt if they want extra prc/frc protection!

Elric
15-03-04, 13:28
Originally posted by Egeon
can still use the Belt if they want extra prc/frc protection!

actually they cant.

As far as i'm aware, when using a deflector spell, the belt deflector wont register as extra armour.

Bugged to hell. Dont think its been fixed yet either. Cant test though due to not having the INT for a deflector belt anymore (dumb tanks)...

Jesterthegreat
15-03-04, 13:32
well i have had 4 op fights since 197... loved all of them.

NCAT vs all.

we had 4 monks, 3 tanks, 2 PE's and 2 droners i think... nicely balanced - almost

it was insane. one of the PE's was using lib / wyatt, all CS/dev tanks, a part nem droner and a raptor droner, monks doin whatever they do :P

tbh, it was great fun... balance issues? maybe wee ones but i'm lovin it

Egeon
15-03-04, 13:33
Originally posted by Elric
As far as i'm aware, when using a deflector spell, the belt deflector wont register as extra armour.

Bugged to hell. Dont think its been fixed yet either. Cant test though due to not having the INT for a deflector belt anymore (dumb tanks)...
Well, I only make an idea. It's not up to me to squish the bugs from game code.

El_MUERkO
15-03-04, 13:34
I agree it can be hard to kill a monk but using the right weapons and tactics makes a difference.

For a start dont use energy weapons on a monk if you can avoid it, they have massive energy resists from armour.

Dont fight alone if an APU and a PPU are teamed counter them with a team.

Have someone para the APU to the ground (yes para hate blah blah blah, then stop using holy glue halo spam on me) even a freezer pistol is better then nothing.

Then using percing, force, radiation, fire poison on them with 3 people tearing their legs out from under them they fall over.

Hunt in packs calling targets over voice comms and you can kill anyone.

Elric
15-03-04, 13:38
Originally posted by Egeon
Well, I only make an idea. It's not up to me to squish the bugs from game code.

Of course your right though, They SHOULD be able to. Im just pointing out he limiting factor to it.

Swelly
15-03-04, 13:53
Well in the op fights I seen I think it is not so bad

PE's=don't seen them so much in action
Spy=They can use long range and also drones so not that bad
APU=low resists but quite powerful weapons
PPU=Same as before except a bit more powerful para
TANK=Not Insane like before since dev is less good but good resist so can take the damage and still be alive

ezza
15-03-04, 14:37
spare a though for my hybrid while your discussing nerfages of monkeys:(

Rai Wong
15-03-04, 15:00
I'm sorry maybe I over exxagerated a bit because I have 400 ping, my con setup shouldn't be that bad considering I take 58 damage (prenerf) from a full burst CS and that shouldn't be that bad for a self buffed PE.

NO not every class works good with a PPU a PE doesn't a spy doesn't , and god everyone knows a solo APU sucks, but i'm saying in op fights they are way overpowered and GOD I do know APUs cast antibuff not PPUs, where did I say PPUs did O_o

If you want to bring personal server issues NCAT so be it, if you guys were not actually NinJa Hacking and was in an actual Op Fight with TJ you'll know they have switched to APU/PPU pairs setup that absolutely owns, we The Ronins are known for having a good class mix.

Devourer WAS the monk killing weapon, it was overpowered yes, but it was a countermeasure to holy heal 2 devourers together can pretty much piss off a PPU, a well buffed and setuped APU takes way shit all damage from a PE (DS included more force resist) i'm a rifler so I don't know the damage on a libby.

KK always nerfs with a damn sledge hammer which is the problem, then boosts things with rockers

My healing light was a effective weapon before patch, it still is, but I can't compare with APUs for damage output when we both have the same buffs. and they can run faster and chain cast faster then I can hit them.

If you people say I need to get some skils, then go to a damn op fight and see for yourself, if PEs were all that good then why don't we see more PEs runnin around its a MMORPG classic that everyone flocks to the best class and setup. Skills don't matter shit in op fights, cheeck out Xantor see what he can do to a buffed APU with a holy heal. Oh wow nothing at all.

You guys are all calm right now in a weeks time monk o cron will be back .

Devils Grace
15-03-04, 15:01
Tank + ppu agaisnt APU + PPU
both same skills, and i mean both teams same skills
Tank devourer will always win

Always

Tank resists+ Shelter + Holy heal is far much better the APU Resists + shelter + holy heal

nuff said

Rai Wong
15-03-04, 15:07
Originally posted by Devils Grace
Tank + ppu agaisnt APU + PPU
both same skills, and i mean both teams same skills
Tank devourer will always win

Always

Tank resists+ Shelter + Holy heal is far much better the APU Resists + shelter + holy heal

nuff said

If the APU know a bit of science he would move a bit back away from the flame...and he can move back while hitting with HL. I'm sorry but if you said CS then I might agree :/.... I think CS works better but its just me prolly I know some tanks use devourer really well, but most i've seen CS does better agaisnt APU.

but that said good APU vs good tanks, good APUs can own tanks without buffs....not joking..

edit: both without buffs, not in NF and it was after patch.

Jesterthegreat
15-03-04, 15:09
Originally posted by Rai Wong
If you want to bring personal server issues NCAT so be it, if you guys were not actually NinJa Hacking and was in an actual Op Fight with TJ you'll know they have switched to APU/PPU pairs setup that absolutely owns, we The Ronins are known for having a good class mix.

wtf?

i have no idea who you / your clan / your chars / your server is O_o

i was just attempting to point out that in my last op war (and yes... there were TJ there, there were TJ monks / tanks at the least, there were also Underworld tanks / monks at the least) there was a variety of classes / weapons. we had droners / pistol PE / etc all joinin in... and it was fucking fantastic. most fun i have had in ages. i was battered at the time too lol

now whoever you are... im n ot tryin to make this personal against you, im tryin to bring in a personal experiance of post-patch PvP

get it?
got it?
good!

:edit: Devils Grace... i would agree that you are wrong there. i have a 4 slot dev (119/120/120/120/ammo mod) and i know it is far worse since patch... the stack is far worse than the insta damage. a CS outdamages a dev easy (which, lookin at TL's, it should. although possibly not at *point blank* range)

Rai Wong
15-03-04, 15:14
Originally posted by Jesterthegreat
wtf?

i have no idea who you / your clan / your chars / your server is O_o

i was just attempting to point out that in my last op war (and yes... there were TJ there, there were TJ monks / tanks at the least, there were also Underworld tanks / monks at the least) there was a variety of classes / weapons. we had droners / pistol PE / etc all joinin in... and it was fucking fantastic. most fun i have had in ages. i was battered at the time too lol

now whoever you are... im n ot tryin to make this personal against you, im tryin to bring in a personal experiance of post-patch PvP

get it?
got it?
good!

:edit: Devils Grace... i would agree that you are wrong there. i have a 4 slot dev (119/120/120/120/ammo mod) and i know it is far worse since patch... the stack is far worse than the insta damage. a CS outdamages a dev easy (which, lookin at TL's, it should. although possibly not at *point blank* range)

lol sorry, droners are good though must admit, as long as no stealthers get them :P I don't know about you but when we fought TJ it was obvious our old formation didn't work out, we had like 3 ppus they had mhmh 7? we had 2 APUs they had 7? we had like 2 PEs, 1 Spy and 3 Tanks...we had a good fight, but it was utterly obvious that monks are superior, after the 3rd fight we switched to monks and owned.

btw ronins is the only CA clan owning outposts on uranus, 4-5 I think dunno I think we own 3 now since TJ own us lol.

Devils Grace
15-03-04, 15:18
what i said was equal skills a tank will win

slaped with a holy heal and a shelter the FA or HL does shit nottin to him

and yes without buffs a APU ( a good one ) is a fuck ass to kill
but if the tank is good the CS / DEV will drop the APU easy

@jester

well i guess its all about resists kuz if i got a ppu and i fight a tank with aslo a ppu and i see a CS i laugh kuz i klnow the damage he will do to me is to laugh, so i dont need to put a big efort on that fight, just trust the ppu with me.
but if he has a DEV i know i gota move fucking fast and make diferent types of damage to beat that sucker and wait for his shelter run off.

Jesterthegreat
15-03-04, 15:25
heh monks energy resist isnt that good... my pistol spy got a few judge kills on APU's before i lommed him to drone.

besides... who hasnt got poison specc'd these days? i know my setup will include a fair amount of poison (although less than other resists) and viper king... if no one has poison weapons i just switch to inq 4 / dur 4 / pa 3 for my setup. boost whatevers needed (although i wont likely be gettin into PA unless i need to)

Rai Wong
15-03-04, 15:27
monk resist are pretty good...not as good as PEs overall, but their armor gives insane energy and devourer doesn't work anymore, I don't know why if u stand still it does good, but it doesn't seem to work in op fights anymore, gotta understand why... maybe its the no insta damage nowadays.

Lafiel
15-03-04, 15:29
stop wining and get some skill IMO...

imo PE's are better than apu's now... especially wit spirit mods...

2 hl's and ur dead? maybe you should work on ur resists

but i do agree about paralysis.... it is too strong

Devils Grace
15-03-04, 15:29

besides... who hasnt got poison specc'd these days? i know my setup will include a fair amount of poison (although less than other resists)

mine:D

filter hearth 1 solement

and if i got a ppu a haz 3 and of course heavy poison belt

it does wonders

Jesterthegreat
15-03-04, 15:34
so quit moanin :P

my tank will be on 100 (spec'd and armour combined)

besides the dev is shit house these days...

even my wee little tank takes fuck all damage lol

CS> Dev in all op situations tbh... unless you are at point blank and you wanna stick a stack or 2 on before CSing him/her

Devils Grace
15-03-04, 15:38
so quit moanin :P

my tank will be on 100 (spec'd and armour combined)

besides the dev is shit house these days...

even my wee little tank takes fuck all damage lol

CS> Dev in all op situations tbh... unless you are at point blank and you wanna stick a stack or 2 on before CSing him/her

heh im not im saying the oposite thing of Ray

man i wish all tanks were like u in op wars
bring ur CS and die with it :D

Jesterthegreat
15-03-04, 15:40
Originally posted by Devils Grace
heh im not im saying the oposite thing of Ray

man i wish all tanks were like u in op wars
bring ur CS and die with it :D

well... in an op war ill clearly have both... the fully arti ammo modded 2 slot CS and the fully arti ammo modded 4 slot Dev

:lol: :D :lol:

and unfortunatly my tank only just hits 105 STR with imps and PA... so im op waring with droner atm

Devils Grace
15-03-04, 15:46
well... in an op war ill clearly have both... the fully arti ammo modded 2 slot CS and the fully arti ammo modded 4 slot Dev

:lol: :D :lol:

and unfortunatly my tank only just hits 105 STR with imps and PA... so im op waring with droner atm

now thats class, droners are teh win
thats the only thing that makes me run fast then a chicken and hide, the rest BRING IT:p

where do u play ?? uranus right ?

Jesterthegreat
15-03-04, 15:56
yes i do. my droner is in NCAT if you are curious

Devils Grace
15-03-04, 15:58
hehe good, in do time my apu will be ready there....;)

Jesterthegreat
15-03-04, 16:06
faction?

Devils Grace
15-03-04, 16:10
take a wild guess

BD of course, what else

ezza
15-03-04, 16:12
i 1/2 expected protopharma :p

Jesterthegreat
15-03-04, 16:12
BD? just dont join TJ :p lol

The Regs are a good clan if you are after one... just tell Doc holiday (the leader) you are endorsed by NC Junkie :D

Devils Grace
15-03-04, 16:17
Originally posted by ezza
i 1/2 expected protopharma :p

bah u nib im not a carabear:mad:

besides i got 3 more slots free for that :p

nahh dunno...
i flame most ppl of uranus here on the boards;)
dunno if i join a clan there

its just for my spare time when Cartel is not in action and ppl are lvling nibs
i also lvl nibs but i do it in other servers

Jesterthegreat
15-03-04, 16:19
cartel... saturn right? hmm, theats the only english server i dont play atm :(

i got my ** chars on uranus and my ** char on pluto, but 4 free slots on saturn

Candaman
15-03-04, 17:40
3 used on pluto 4 free on saturn 16 free on uranus 1 free on jupi 6 free on venus was planning to fill them but confidence in the blatent lies told by kk has diminshed (sp?)

Spartan
15-03-04, 21:24
Doing Op fighting this weekend was just insane. APU/PPU combos were coming out of the woodwork like ants. I can stand there not moving and outheal a devourer, or take 7-9 bursts from a CS and not die, thats how good my con setup is. However 3-4 HL's and I need a rez. And killing the APU? fuggetaboutit. Aint gonna happen. If he's buffed nothing touches them significantly. A fully buffed tank takes twice as much damage as an APU does. And the worst thing is that damn no los cast issue. I was outside the OP behind walls that you cannot see over, and he still nailed me with HL's 3-4 times? How can you possibly fight that? I certainly can't shoot back through walls..... Not to mention that if I get hit with HP, I cannot get to a point where I can fight back. Welcome to monkocron 2.0.

OTIS
15-03-04, 22:19
but still tanks are now no longer good in op fights

i dont ever want to hear these words again...EVER!:mad:

Possessed
15-03-04, 22:22
Originally posted by Spartan
A fully buffed tank takes twice as much damage as an APU does. .

oO. What are you smoking?

Fully buffed a tank has the second best defence in the game (discounting holy heal, the best), the only way this could make sense is if he had holy heal on and you didn't....

I agree though, KK take a step forward (too big a step tbh) then turn around screaming, running 100 paces back in the other direction, before stabbing themselves in the foot.

RayBob
15-03-04, 22:32
KK seems to be teetering on the fine edge between monk-o-cron and tank-o-cron. I think they should split the difference of the last patch: take away 1/2 of the new damage added to HL, add back 1/2 of the Devourer + CS nerf, etc.

mdares
15-03-04, 22:51
personally i think thres too many exaggerations... the main issue here then isnt with the apu or the tank or the pe... its the ppu... when the ppu gets added to the equation everythign is fucked up...

so leave everyone else alone...

solo: any tank should be able to beat an apu 50/50 (Assuming they have same skills; resists and huge con; ubar resists; dev if they get close, speedgat/CS depending on ur taste; if ur melee its even easier... shock then swipe; hell old melee tanks before they ever got boosted could kill ppu buffed apus... )

solo: any pe should be able to beat an apu 50/50 (Assuming they have same skills; remember u can heal midfight... apus cant...; and i think stig has a point.. any pe who dies to 2 HLs and 2 FAs must be lacking in the con department... i mean shit fa does 15 dmg on my pe... HL is 30-50... i got 380 HP... :eek:)

not gonna talk about spies just cuz :p

but with a ppu:

with ppu: any tank should still be able to beat an apu ASSUMING THRES NO ****** PPUS SPAMMING HOLY HEAL :D

with ppu: pes are fucked in this department unless the ppu is on top of his game and para/dmg boost the enemy (may the enemy be apu or tank) and keep the pe healed. I did this once with me (ppu) and a pe and an apu vs. another ppu with 2 tanks.. and a grim chaser on the side that decided to attack us while we were fighting... apu and one tank died first; after another minute the pe managed to take out the tank; lastly we killed the ppu. Main contributing factors as i see it is the shitty con setup on the opposing team and maybe a bit lack in skill of the ppu...

nut still notice the huge difference with and without a ppu...

so just bitch about the ppu; not everyone else.

(and yes the above are from my own experiences as tank/pe/apu/ppu...)

Shadow Dancer
16-03-04, 00:27
When my PPU is buffing me and healing me, and i'm fighting a tank/ppu and the tank is being buffed and healed, it feels like a futile fight. There's no way i'm taking that tank down if he's being healed with shields, and technically he may outdamage my heal but that's only if he connects each hit. And that won't happen. I have to debuff hte tank, but if the PPU isn't blind........

:o

*cough* holy heal is the factor *cough*

hrmmm. It all comes down to "when a ppu". As long as people keep saying that, you know where the core problem lies.

Rai Wong
16-03-04, 12:18
I agree, I did not say tanks absolutely sucks, but I said they are less significant then APUs, because APUs can do much more. heck I agree tanks are second in damage already shows how unbalanced it is, you'd expect second in damage would be good, but no. there is a larger difference between tank damage and an APU's damage especiall after the last patch.

IMO spies should be a large damage dealer, but even pure combat spies barely match Tank damage, and as the game system stands because of the PPU 90% of op battles ends in close quarters so range is insiginificant, you also have draw distance problem.

An APU can antibuff and do heaps more damage, which keeps it a much prefered soldier , I disagree that APUs have less defence then a tank, heck beyond a certain resist amount , it doesn't really make a difference anymore, APUs pretty much cap energy resist, bar shelter, and a good APU will have good force resist as well. wWith a correct setup nothing should subtract from resist force, hence why force weapons becomes absolutely shite.

I have no idea why healing light does that good damage compared to dizzy and FL either. I do agree that the core problem lies within the PPU side of things, as everyone is balanced if a PPU is not present, add a PPU into the equation it screws everything up.

greendonkeyuk
16-03-04, 13:49
BD? just dont join TJ :p lol

The Regs are a good clan if you are after one... just tell Doc holiday (the leader) you are endorsed by NC Junkie :D

hahaha

share the love junkie. Doc for some unknown reason doesnt like some of saturns cartel members though. Dunno if its anything personal with certain players or the clan in general tbh. Regulators are a good clan but are small at the moment, same as cartel. TJ is the biggest of the 3, they hold the ops, Cartel jus pk the fuck outta everyone and Regulators are currently rebuilding as doc took time off from game and most of the clan left to reform Cartel or join TJ.

In fairness we are looking for some new members at the moment but with TJ as the main force on the server opwise everything is up in the air as to whether we want to stay black dragon or go back to procity. As we were originally Tangent some members have voice opinions wanting to back to procity. IMO theres plenty of Tangent clans on uranus already and black dragon still in many respects after being here for 8 months or so now very much home.

hinch
16-03-04, 13:54
i want tj to come back to jupiter :) ok so RAK have gone but theres lots of other nubs for them to ally with :)

Candaman
16-03-04, 14:25
yeah hinch more meat for FAnG to slaughter i like ur thinking!!

hinch
16-03-04, 14:32
i was just thinking i could lom to hybrid and get them all to attack me and a tank in tezla like they did last time then they all died

ahh the old days :)

Psyco Groupie
16-03-04, 14:44
Um ... considering with skilled ppu+tank vs. ppu+apu cant actually beat each other unless either side makes a mistake thats pretty good balance no ? .. seems fine to me.

Everyone make alts on uranus or something!

Jesterthegreat
16-03-04, 15:28
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
hahaha

share the love junkie. Doc for some unknown reason doesnt like some of saturns cartel members though. Dunno if its anything personal with certain players or the clan in general tbh. Regulators are a good clan but are small at the moment, same as cartel. TJ is the biggest of the 3, they hold the ops, Cartel jus pk the fuck outta everyone and Regulators are currently rebuilding as doc took time off from game and most of the clan left to reform Cartel or join TJ.

In fairness we are looking for some new members at the moment but with TJ as the main force on the server opwise everything is up in the air as to whether we want to stay black dragon or go back to procity. As we were originally Tangent some members have voice opinions wanting to back to procity. IMO theres plenty of Tangent clans on uranus already and black dragon still in many respects after being here for 8 months or so now very much home.

heh... pro city would be good... but what faction? i have a PE in training who is currently unclanned (dunno what fact though). hes about 80 dex /w imps so still a ways to go yet. however if regs move pro city (if they find a factio to join) i would prolly be up for joinin. my tank is less than 85 base str and is shredding in NF / PP1. it seems like all of a sudden i play a class other than spy... and i am actually rather good? O_o thats a bit of a turn out innit? im no longer just a resser... i now PvP. im not the best, and my char needs improvemenr / leveling... but i do well enough to shock me (and others). i have been beating capped / near capped tanks in NF :D and this is 106 str (WHEN WEARING PA)... barely even CS level lol.

anyway... yeah get regs in a pro city faction... although i would say not TT, if poss enemy to TT :) i enjoy fighting UW :lol:

Junkie