PDA

View Full Version : The missing rares...

RayBob
15-03-04, 00:06
It seems to me that every weapon in the game, save a few, have their rare and non-rare versions. For HC tanks the only 2 that are missing are a rare grenade launcher and rare gat cannon. For APUs the only missing spell is a rare toxic beam. Droners seem to be missing only a rare MR and FC drone. There are quite a few rare melee weapons missing but they are all being added soon (based on the test server notes). I think all rifles and pistols have their rare versions. I may have missed a few.

I think the missing rares should be added to the game.

Shadow Dancer
15-03-04, 00:07
Originally posted by RayBob
For APUs the only missing spell is a rare toxic beam.

Rare force, and rare multi-bolt as well.

:p

Vid Gamer
15-03-04, 00:07
I notice this, too. Maybe KK will keep adding in new rares in the future to keep interest high and to keep striving to get something.

If there ever was a rare gat introduced I could die a happy Tank though. :D

Forget My Name
15-03-04, 00:08
more rares?

Wow, if non rares werent useless as it is.

What kind of game has MORE rares than normal weapons?

I am not for it.

Kal
15-03-04, 00:10
tank needs a lasercannon also

and yeah rare nailgun, mini-launcher, gat pistol, autogun, street rifle, gat rifle would be nice but introducing that amount of rares at once would fuck up the economy in the extreme as well as causeing unreal balance issues etc.

i say leave it as it is for now

okok perhaps a rare mini rocket launcher :p

Mr Friendly
15-03-04, 00:11
It seems to me that every weapon in the game, save a few, have their rare and non-rare versions. For HC tanks the only 2 that are missing are a rare grenade launcher and rare gat cannon. For APUs the only missing spell is a rare toxic beam. Droners seem to be missing only a rare MR and FC drone. There are quite a few rare melee weapons missing but they are all being added soon (based on the test server notes). I think all rifles and pistols have their rare versions. I may have missed a few.

I think the missing rares should be added to the game.

hello? can u say....DoY? :)

Originally posted by Kal
tank needs a lasercannon also

its called the raveger....

Vid Gamer
15-03-04, 00:12
I think the Ravager is the equivalent to the rare laser cannon since laser cannon's are mostly for sniping, Rav's can get 500m+ on them.

Cruzbroker
15-03-04, 00:12
I'd like CM epic to give by choice Tangent Speed Rifle/Cannon/Pistol..

Kal
15-03-04, 00:15
I think the Ravager is the equivalent to the rare laser cannon since laser cannon's are mostly for sniping, Rav's can get 500m+ on them.

spose but i want a LASER

the nailgun would also be the same as the earp, the autogun as the lib and the street rifle as the SH too

Vid Gamer
15-03-04, 00:17
Originally posted by Kal
spose but i want a LASER

Have you ever shot a Plasma Wave Cannon of any type?

It IS a laser.

Drake6k
15-03-04, 00:20
N A I L G U N

RayBob
15-03-04, 00:21
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
I think the Ravager is the equivalent to the rare laser cannon since laser cannon's are mostly for sniping, Rav's can get 500m+ on them. I think they should get rid of the entire category of plasma waves. These weapons fire an energy beam which is essentially a laser cannon. Plasma waves are redundant. The Ravager should be a rare laser cannon and then it could be scoped like any proper sniping weapon.

Vid Gamer
15-03-04, 00:23
I think they should get rid of the entire category of plasma waves. These weapons fire an energy beam which is essentially a laser cannon. Plasma waves are redundant. The Ravager should be a rare laser cannon and then it could be scoped like any proper sniping weapon.

Agreed. A scoped rare laser cannon with the damage of a Ravager would pwn. You'd get like over 600m easily.

Kal
15-03-04, 00:24
It IS a laser.

its not a LASER unless it LOOKS like a LASER and has LASER written on it in BIG letters which spell out LASER

t0tt3
15-03-04, 00:27
laser is red because of the energy that we see just vibes as red...
But what I know Revenge "or what its called" has not red beam?

But then again why make a laser when its just as good as one with 0 recoil O_o

Vid Gamer
15-03-04, 00:28
Originally posted by Kal
its not a LASER unless it LOOKS like a LASER and has LASER written on it in BIG letters which spell out LASER

What the fuck would you call the Ravager then. What comes out of the ravager when you shoot it smart guy? :rolleyes:

Kal
15-03-04, 00:29
What the fuck would you call the Ravager then. What comes out of the ravager when you shoot it smart guy? :rolleyes:

ravages

Vid Gamer
15-03-04, 00:31
*explodes*

Cruzbroker
15-03-04, 00:40
ray, rail :p

OH NOES SPAM

edit: err why can't i delete my own posts..

Cruzbroker
15-03-04, 00:41
ray, rail :p

OH NOES SPAM

OH WAIT NO... PLASMA WAVE... IT IS PLASMA...

Glok
15-03-04, 00:47
Originally posted by Kal
ravages
*explodes* LMAO. Awesome. If that would fit in a sig, that would be mine in a second. :lol:

Lanigav
15-03-04, 00:54
RARE NAILGUN AND GATLING GUNS PLEASE

jernau
15-03-04, 01:09
No.

Kal
15-03-04, 19:12
Originally posted by Vid Gamer:
What the fuck would you call the Ravager then. What comes out of the ravager when you shoot it smart guy?
Originally posted by Kal:
ravages
*explodes*

there ya go :p

StryfeX
15-03-04, 19:17
Originally posted by Kal
What the fuck would you call the Ravager then. What comes out of the ravager when you shoot it smart guy?
Originally posted by Kal:
ravages
*explodes*

there ya go :p LOL :lol:

Seriously though, the Ravager and all Plasma Waves shoot a plasma stream (pure energy) whereas lasers shoot a laser beam (pure light). So there. :p

And yes, I've wanted a "rare" version of all the weapon types for a long time.

--Stryfe

Glok
15-03-04, 19:23
Originally posted by Kal
there ya go :p Muhu. :D

Shakari
15-03-04, 19:28
Have you ever shot a Plasma Wave Cannon of any type?

It IS a laser.

No its a green plasma beam not a laser, about the only thing it has in common with a laser cannon is it fires a staright beam, thats about it :P

think he wants a Real Rare laser cannon not a wanna be lol

Kal
15-03-04, 19:41
1. yay im on someones sig!

2. yeah wannabes suck, gimme the real thing bitch

•Super|\|ova•
15-03-04, 19:49
I WANT A RARE GRENADE LAUNCHER FOR TANKS!!!

Kal
15-03-04, 19:52
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•

seconded

steweygrrr
15-03-04, 20:07
Thirded.

A removal of the clipping plane to make it less pointless having a range over 500m would be good too.

Serpent
15-03-04, 20:31
Originally posted by �Super|\|ova�

lol, that would be cool, ps: I WANT A ANTIHEAL MC BAT :p

Kal
15-03-04, 20:33
the rare MC bat is coming and wtf is it with this antiheal craze

Shakari
15-03-04, 21:16

well I'm a smart guy and I'd call it a fucking Plasma Beam lol which is what it is, NOT a laser beam :)

(Laser Beams being focused Light, Plasma wave being focused plasma) or the ravager would have the skin of a laser cannon and fire a red beam *gasp* not use the same skin as all the other plasma cannons and have a name like "plasma wave" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

note: even says in the description of the shop bought versions i think something like "fire a focused beam of plasma" or something similar :)

2nd NOTE: Upon reading this post again have come to the conclusion that I have been playing NC far to long and become to obssed with detail :D oh well lol

Vid Gamer
15-03-04, 21:19
LOL

Okay, I'm wrong you're right. :p

Kal
15-03-04, 21:43
oh yeah!

Dookie
15-03-04, 23:17
Rare BPble grenads :DD
that reqs melee.

jernau
16-03-04, 04:57
Grenade Launchers should be R-C.

Lanigav
16-03-04, 04:58
I agree.

•Super|\|ova•
16-03-04, 05:02
Originally posted by jernau
Grenade Launchers should be R-C.

And why do you think that? o_O As far as I see they are pretty damn heavy piece of weaponry.

Hippieman
16-03-04, 05:05
You forgot one thing

I want a rare version of Alt + H. Fear my fists of doom!

jernau
16-03-04, 05:15
Originally posted by •Super|\|ova•
And why do you think that? o_O As far as I see they are pretty damn heavy piece of weaponry.

Rifles have no AoE, which is a major handicap to levelling. Very few tanks use 'nade lauchers so not many would miss them. Re-using existing models and code is less work for KK so it's a neat solution.

AoE damage with rifle accuracy and range would be overpowered but grenade launchers have neither great range nor accuracy. They also have no Rare version so even if balance took a little tweaking it won't affect PvP.

The in-game models for the launchers are about the same size as those for the rifles too. They are even held like a shotgun.

Biznatchy
16-03-04, 07:13
Originally posted by jernau
Rifles have no AoE, which is a major handicap to levelling. Very few tanks use 'nade lauchers so not many would miss them. Re-using existing models and code is less work for KK so it's a neat solution.

AoE damage with rifle accuracy and range would be overpowered but grenade launchers have neither great range nor accuracy. They also have no Rare version so even if balance took a little tweaking it won't affect PvP.

The in-game models for the launchers are about the same size as those for the rifles too. They are even held like a shotgun.

I level all my tanks and buddies tanks with nade launchers. It rocks for leveling up to 50 ish str. Find a big bag of muntans and pound them with posion nades. I also love the wall bouncing angle shots on launchers down in the storage tanks.

One more thing on this. Adding more useless rares to the bloated rare pool is insane. Only if you removed the crap from the rare pool should we consider making more useless rares.

jernau
16-03-04, 08:14
Originally posted by Biznatchy
One more thing on this. Adding more useless rares to the bloated rare pool is insane. Only if you removed the crap from the rare pool should we consider making more useless rares.
That is one of many good reasons not to add all the "missing" rares.

wrt. 'nade launchers - As a tank however you have many other AoE/levelling options available. Many of them are better IMO.

Lanigav
16-03-04, 11:17
Well, a rare nailgun certainly wouldn't be a useless rare IMO. It would allow PEs and Spies to do a form of poison damage, not to mention the low amount of noise a nailgun makes, and its ability to knock people back (odd that a single nail can do that yet a large rocket can't :p).

Rare grenade launcher would allow you to shoot over Op walls, give a timed delay between firing and detonation so you can strategize a bit with people that like to run a lot and try to make them run into the grenade, and of course, shoot at an angle in rooms which would make caving a LOT more fun.

Now a Rare automatic pistol, that's useless, because the Liberator is basically the same thing with a different model.

Haxxor
16-03-04, 11:50
Originally posted by Lanigav
RARE NAILGUN AND GATLING GUNS PLEASE

A Poision Delivering Rare For PE + Spy :P

Leebzie
16-03-04, 12:22
Theres no poison dealing rifles, even at the lowest TL's.

Id like a nailgun rifle :D 20 inch nails :D

greendonkeyuk
16-03-04, 14:06
rare nail gun is a definate (for low tech pistolers definately due to the fact that it uses poison and the knock back will fuck everyone up nicely).

Toxic beam - same reason (poison is generally forgotten about in this game atm)* also green swirlies own.

Grenade Launcher would be nice to have as a rifle weapon, if this was to be the case give grenades a boost so that tanks have a replacement. Btw grenade launchers can be fired from rifles, think m203.......

Drones (dont know fuck all about them so someone who drones could suggest something there. SCORP WHERE ARE U??)

Oh and give Kal his Laser cannon please as we dont want vid gamer exploding again, he made a mess last time.

So that gives all offensive classes a new rare each except melee tanks (who are getting the knuckles/bat in the next couple of patches arent they? the dentist and i forget the other ones name)

*with the exception of devourer obviously, good work on that by the way kk i think its way better now.

borlegan
16-03-04, 14:12
Everybody is running with a rare in his hand... that its not a rare :p

It should be called with other name as rares are really hard to get in any game of this kind.

Kenjuten
16-03-04, 16:33
(This post is only @ Borlegan and has no real impact on the rest of the thread. =P)

We already have people bitching about some people having stuff no one else has O_o

I.E.: Belt of Zargerus, Kamikaze Brain Chips, and the Terminator rifle.

Personally I think the rare system is currently OK.

You can't access them immediately, and you have to hunt for PIECES of them and have to go through a hell of a process to obtain the finished work, which actually might not be good if it comes out as a weapon with 0 slots.

Rares are not about being rare themselves, it's what's rare about them that makes them rare.

Unless of course, you want all rares being 0 slots so they can break down easily, thus having to make us get off our lazy asses to get more rares. =P

Oh wait...I think I've given KK a very bad idea. :(

Jesterthegreat
16-03-04, 16:36
Originally posted by greendonkeyuk
the dentist and i forget the other ones name

the bat should have been "The Babe Ruth" :(

:lol:

StryfeX
16-03-04, 16:37
Originally posted by Kenjuten
(This post is only @ Borlegan and has no real impact on the rest of the thread. =P)

We already have people bitching about some people having stuff no one else has O_o

I.E.: Belt of Zargerus, Kamikaze Brain Chips, and the Terminator rifle.

Personally I think the rare system is currently OK.

You can't access them immediately, and you have to hunt for PIECES of them and have to go through a hell of a process to obtain the finished work, which actually might not be good if it comes out as a weapon with 0 slots.

Rares are not about being rare themselves, it's what's rare about them that makes them rare.

Unless of course, you want all rares being 0 slots so they can break down easily, thus having to make us get off our lazy asses to get more rares. =P

Oh wait...I think I've given KK a very bad idea. :( AAAIIIEEE!!! Shut up SHUT UP! Don't *ever* say things like that around KK because they will probably do something stupid that resembles this.

--Stryfe

deac
16-03-04, 16:38
Originally posted by Forget My Name
more rares?

Wow, if non rares werent useless as it is.

What kind of game has MORE rares than normal weapons?

I am not for it.

damn right....

Kal
16-03-04, 18:09
Originally posted by Hippieman
You forgot one thing

I want a rare version of Alt + H. Fear my fists of doom!

they are coming in the form of rare knuckles

'the dentist'

next patch

ServeX
16-03-04, 22:35
im with you 110% ray.