PDA

View Full Version : 'Elp meh

Dribble Joy
14-03-04, 23:58
OK, as some of you may know, I am in the ULOTC (University of London Officer Training Corps).
Three weeks ago I went on an execise and damaged the achiles tendon in my right heel.
I thought it had healed, but this weekend was my FTX (final training exercise) for MTQ1 (Military Training Qualification: Grade 1), and almost as soon as we were off the coach and on the way to the Platoon harbour, it was playing up again.
On an off throughout the weekend it was painfull when ever I stretched it, then on a 4 mile tab (I'm unfit I know), it got REALLY bad, I could barely continue, I droppped off from the platton at one point and was hyperventilating, it was draining me to fuck. I did finish the tab, but I was in a shite state and was in no possision to do the assault course that was next.

I now know that it didn't heal well because, despite tendons heal slowly, I did nothing to exercise it afer the first time it occured and it just stiffened up.
At the moment, I am hobbling around my house, the tendon feeling like an old hessian rope, clicking and cracking every time I stretch it.

Basically, what can I do to let it heal properly and not cause serious problems again in the future?

cRazy2003
15-03-04, 00:02
lol im sure hospitals or doctors can tell u better but

id say let it heal without moving around for a few days but make sure u try and move it around slowly now and again so it doesnt lock up. and have plenty of fluids and lots of vitamin A and B

Ryuben
15-03-04, 00:04
ok i had the same problem before.

What u need is some tubi-grip on it and some simple exersize on it will help (btw tendens take 6-8 weeks ti heal thats with no strnuose activity)

Ok first off there is only 3 exersizes u need to do.

1) rotate ur ankel, simple as it sounds jsut rotate it 360 one way then the other 10 times each way

2) stand parralle to a wall faceing it, jsut rest the tips of ur fingers against the wall and raise up onto the tips of ur feet then try to go onto one foot and swap each try to keep up for as long as u can and do again 10 reps

3) just sat doing nowlt is when u do this, just strech the bad foot, strech ur toes up to ur body as far as it will go then back down and point ur toes down away from ur self 10 reps as oftern as u want basically

that should help, also use ice on it and don't over strain it

;) that should keep u sorted

Lexxuk
15-03-04, 00:05
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.asp?TopicID=441&AreaID=1954&LinkID=1557

got to love the NHS :p

Mighty Max
15-03-04, 00:27
The thing is not to take the boots out in the first place. Together with the swelling there is no better way to stabalize it :p But if you did, take your time to finish healing and try again next year, or on your next chance (whatever the cycle is in england)

I was into similar something similar, but a different country

At least i already did the practices as a squad as well as a platoon leader, which now pays off in the business world. You learn how to bring ppl to do sthg that they dont want to. (I had draftees for the basic training)

Anyhow, shit happens. No way to avoid all of it.

Clownst0pper
15-03-04, 00:35
Y join the army? its bollox :lol:

Possessed
15-03-04, 00:38
Originally posted by Lexxuk
http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk/en.asp?TopicID=441&AreaID=1954&LinkID=1557

got to love the NHS :p

GL with the op soon sexy :X

Mighty Max
15-03-04, 00:43
Y join the army? its bollox

- patriotism
- to expierience your limits
- to protect the innocents
- to help things going the right way
- to have a job
- scholarship

At least that were the reasons i joined the army

But,
You know im teh carebear LE :p

Clownst0pper
15-03-04, 00:45
id never join the army.

I like hair and fashion to much.

And TBH, I dont like my country enough to die for it! :lol:

jernau
15-03-04, 00:54
Originally posted by Mighty Max
- patriotism
- to expierience your limits
- to protect the innocents
- to help things going the right way
- to have a job
- scholarship

At least that were the reasons i joined the army

But,
You know im teh carebear LE :p

**cough** thought he'd get more chicks **cough**
:angel:

Doc Holliday
15-03-04, 00:55
hehe well where the hell did lexx come from. slightly ot but all the same i thought u were gone mate. as in long gone. oh get well soon dribble. ;)

Lexxuk
15-03-04, 02:31
Originally posted by Possessed
GL with the op soon sexy :X

1st one is this friday, but that site contains no information on pleurodectomys O_o One thing I heard, they go in thru ur back, n break a few ribs, but i've no idea if its true, coz google only brings up like, 3 sites containing that word too

jernau
15-03-04, 02:47
Originally posted by Lexxuk
1st one is this friday, but that site contains no information on pleurodectomys O_o One thing I heard, they go in thru ur back, n break a few ribs, but i've no idea if its true, coz google only brings up like, 3 sites containing that word too

Do you mean Pleurectomy (http://www.debakeydepartmentofsurgery.org/home/content.cfm?proc_name=pleurectomy&content_id=272)? (I remember you had lung problems before).

If so - ouch. Hope you are OK dude.

A family friend had half a lung removed last year and they had to go in through his ribs, like you mentioned. Amazingly he was out of hospital in a couple of days but he was recuperating at our house for about 3 months because of the bruising. He's totally fine now though apart from a scar that looks like something from Jaws.

Best of luck and all that.

Lexxuk
15-03-04, 03:05
Could be a plurectomy, basically they are removing the blebs (air pockets on the lung) a layer of lung, and sticking my pleura, or something, which hmm, doesnt sound very nice to be honest >.<

Anyway, its 15th today, u pre-orderin doy? :p

/edit - they do it one lung at a time btw, I got to have both lungs done, I blame CDV

jernau
15-03-04, 03:12
Sounds a little different but might be it. Sounds icky either way. I hope you get nice nurses and lots of happy drugs afterwards. Being bed ridden means more PC-time though to get yourself ready for the new sexed-up NC.

Myself, I will pre-order but not today.

KK have to give us a LOT more info yet. Not least a solid-cast-iron release date and some proper info on costs, contents, data retention, DB upgrade, advertising and offers to existing customers.

Once I get all that they can have my money.

GT_Rince
15-03-04, 18:54
Good luck Lexxy - hope all goes well bud. Just make sure you come tell us how it all went. And I got u on MSN still - talk to me sometime damnit ;)

Dribble Joy
15-03-04, 18:59
Cheers all.

Lexx... blimey, ouch and gl.

Elric
15-03-04, 19:06
GL with ops n stuff Lexxy.

Take care of yerself and stop smoking ya mad twit :p

Sex a nurse or two on our behalf eh ;) :D

Devils Grace
15-03-04, 19:43
go to crythons and buy a new foot enforcement:rolleyes:

nahh honest

dont move for a few days and put Ice for 20 min and then put hot water for another 20 min

do it like 3 or 4 times while playing neocron (recomended)

and then rube it on a bandge (dunno how to say i hope u understand) and do it after u put some hmm damn dunno how to say it, a grease for those kind of things

do it for like 4 or 5 days untill u feel the pain on moving is less.

important - do not stop to make movements but avoid forcing by put the feet on the ground

Ka0s^
16-03-04, 00:33
go see the medical officer that deals with your intake????

I dont understand why they are making u work on an obvious injury. The short time i spent with the RAF regiment i found that if u have a injury that affects ur mobility you aint doin shit.

Mighty Max
16-03-04, 00:50
they are making u work on an obvious injury

Uhm i dont think they really would force you if you make clear you cant do to the injury. But the point is you want to be a commanding officer sometime in the future and therefor have to do at least what you want from your soldiers.

If i dont bite on an exercise i cant really want my soldiers to do this. It is the legitation with yourself that forces you through this.

So if i want my soldiers to be fit, i make the first step and am fit
If i want my soldiers to go above their limits - when there is the need - , i do it myself. Before and while it is serious.

Thats the difference between an ongoing CO and the common soldier.