PDA

View Full Version : text bug

nobby
14-03-04, 21:16
hi, ive got a weird bug, i get no text on screen for some reason, so i get no server selection, all skill and chat screens are blank and other screens like that, what should i do, what are the text files, i could re-downlaod them.

•Super|\|ova•
14-03-04, 21:46
Rade had this once. IIRC he had to re-install NC.

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 21:49
I'd try a reboot first

cRazy2003
14-03-04, 22:01
i had this for AGES until i found out the problem, afaik its your oporating system, when i had windows millenium there was absolutly no text on the screen, no money, so SL, no words on the buttons, no nothing, then i installed windows 2000 and it all worked fine, so if ur running windows Millenium then thats defiatly your problem

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 22:04
No offense, but

A big f-u to that one.

I run on WinME, I think it's another problem. =P

Shujin
14-03-04, 22:07
Originally posted by Kenjuten
No offense, but

A big f-u to that one.

I run on WinME, I think it's another problem. =P man WinME is the suckiest OS you can possibly use man ;)
I had it a while ago, it has sooo many problems I couldnt stand it. For no reason at all my mouse and keyboard would just cease to function... every 2 hours. I had to reboot my comp every 2 hours or else my mouse and kb would freeze up. It wasnt the keyboard / mouse because they are fine. wasnt the drivers for them they are fine. wasnt my mouse/kb connectors they are fine. it was the OS

also so many bluescreens i was a bit frightened my monitor was going to permantly turn blue

~Drav~
14-03-04, 22:15
turn off AA in your graphics options, thats what sets this off on mine, i wonderd what the feck was causing it aswell lol.

cRazy2003
14-03-04, 22:24
Originally posted by Kenjuten
No offense, but

A big f-u to that one.

I run on WinME, I think it's another problem. =P

well last time i read the reccomended requirements on neocron windows ME wasnt on them, and once i installled windows 2000 it was completely fine again so a big FU to u to

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 22:32
Hey, I insult ideas and concepts, not people. =p

Notice I said 'no offense'.

Anyways, I'm living proof it works on WinME, which is exactly why I said it's probably another problem that was fixed when you reformatted to 2000.

There, happy now? :p

Just be glad you never went in the other direction and tried to add WinXP onto WinME...that addon was fucking terrible and sick. 8|

Edit: Actually, be glad you never stuck around to find a way to fix it on WinME, as far as I know it's one of the worst memory managers in history.

Probably why the WinXP addon sucked so much more than WinME itself. :lol: