PDA

View Full Version : Raptor Drone

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 16:03
KK, is this drone ever going to be made functional?

ATM it only causes a PPU's heal to drop after afew seconds, the drone attack itself does zero damage, the drone is slow, cumbersome, and no one EVER uses it.

Will it be fixed, EVER? :mad:

Ryuben
14-03-04, 16:33
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
KK, is this drone ever going to be made functional?

ATM it only causes a PPU's heal to drop after afew seconds, the drone attack itself does zero damage, the drone is slow, cumbersome, and no one EVER uses it.

Will it be fixed, EVER? :mad:

it will be fixed soon (tm) like the FRE's and Synchs and.....and.....and........

there is alot more important things to fix atm :rolleyes: like, erm yeah !

who cares about game mechanics

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 16:34
who cares about game mechanics

Lets add it to the list!

Fatals
Syncs
Parashock
Raptor drone

Candaman
14-03-04, 16:35
kwik we only have dev, hl, FA, HAB, spirit Sh's, libby's, moonie's, mosquito's to kill ppu's we neeeeeeeeeeeed more more more more oh ffs stfu

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 16:38
kwik we only have dev, hl, FA, HAB, spirit Sh's, libby's, moonie's, mosquito's to kill ppu's we neeeeeeeeeeeed more more more more oh ffs stfu

Moonies? Er, does fuck all to a PPU.

Libbys? Er, does fuck all to a PPU (unless being TL 3 healed)

HL? Er, Does fuck all to a PPU

FA? Er, Does fuck all to a PPU

HAB? Does fuck all when it is a lone PPU, vs a lone APU. When used in a group, against the PPU, then it is effective.

Mosquito? Er, Does fuck all to a PPU (just tested, 10 dmg for all 4 hits) which they then out heal

OH yes, And a Raptor, Er, Does fuck all, FANCY THAT!

Candaman
14-03-04, 16:43
and errr add hl to hab to mosq to libby to moon and see if u still have a alive ppu

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 16:46
and errr add hl to hab to mosq to libby to moon and see if u still have a alive ppu

As I said, In a large group scenario, one HAB can kill a PPU, when the other are continually hitting him.

However, The weapons alone do zero. An APU vs a PPU stands no chance of killing the PPU, or a good ppu, and a good PPU with catharsis sanctum up would survive against all the above.

Why should a raptor drone be left of having an effect on the class, when its purpose is to effect the class?

WebShock
14-03-04, 16:46
maybe once you all realize that this game isnt counter strike you will see how effective the tools you are discussing are, and how powerful they can be used in a team based environment

nibs

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 16:48
maybe once you all realize that this game isnt counter strike you will see how effective the tools you are discussing are, and how powerful they can be used in a team based environment

That is the point, drones arent meant to be used in teams, they are a solo class, designed to be hidden away from there 'friendly group' to attack the enemy, As I continue to say, we are purely talking about a Raptor vs PPU, it is 100% useless, and even in a group it is 100% useless.

Candaman
14-03-04, 16:49
the point is ppu's are not meant to be solo'd u have to work in a team to down them and not even a ppu with cath sanc would survive against all them with a couple of ppu's para spamming him

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 16:50
the point is ppu's are not meant to be solo'd u have to work in a team to down them and not even a ppu with cath sanc would survive against all them with a couple of ppu's para spamming him

Er, Ive seen countless PPU's on saturn survive just those scenarios.

Eledhgrunt, Pete Waterman, OPA, Ethereal to name but afew of saturns best.

And you are purely saying, To kill a lone PPU u need to flood them with stupid amounts of players?

Darkborg
14-03-04, 16:56
Sheeesh yure nuts right you want to be able to kill the ppu one on one ??

christ get a grasp of a term called COOPERATION.
Killing a ppu these days isnt hard and almost too easy if someone has a HAB in the group.

But i guess you wont be happy until ppus are killable by a pe one on one eh .
Nit:rolleyes:

Oh and a droner isnt mean to be a alone class o_O.
They can cooperate in a team just as well as anyone else especially in a op fight

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 16:57
Sheeesh yure nuts right you want to be able to kill the ppu one on one ??

Did I ever say I wanted to be able to kill a PPU 1 vs 1?

Id like to be able to hurt the class, and give the drone a use, not for me to be able to kill them 1vs1, geez, you just all presuming I want that.

Sure, seen as my mains an APU, imagine the fun id have without PPU's @ OP wars 8|

Darkborg
14-03-04, 17:00
they do hurt the ppu, They stops his heal and then stops it again a little later.

You cant see the effect of that.
Its meant to be used in a team, not to be a sure fire way to hurt ppus. Just as only a HAB wont kill the ppu.

Archeus
14-03-04, 17:01
Originally posted by WebShock

nibs

Counterstrike is a pure team based game. nib. :p ;)

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 17:02
You cant see the effect of that.

MY clan did extensive testing with the raptor recently, the heal comming off is completely dependent on how the close the drone is to the PPU, the further away, the slower it takes to 'drop off'

The closer, the quicker it takes to 'drop off'

Any good ppu can avoid it as the drone itself is so slow.

Id propose that being hit once by the drone causes your heal to be uncastable for 7 seconds.

MrChumble
14-03-04, 17:03
Being a droner I want them to take the drone out, it's a waste of time. As a PPU I want them to take it out because it's yet another thing that makes playing PPU less fun. As parroted a thousand times on these boards, KK should balance the PPU not add insta-nerf weapons and spells.

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 17:04
Being a droner I want them to take the drone out, it's a waste of time. As a PPU I want them to take it out because it's yet another thing that makes playing PPU less fun. As parroted a thousand times on these boards, KK should balance the PPU not add insta-nerf weapons and spells.

Personally Id like it removed, or merged with the Mosquito, combine the anti heal with the mosquito and raise the mosquito's TL to 122, there would be an effective drone, rather than one which atm, its useless

MrChumble
14-03-04, 17:06
The raptor is useless, and I'm fine with that, because the mosquito and PN aren't. Droners don't need another drone, let alone one that's going to annoy all the PPUs on the server.

If drones need a boost they should make mosquitos a little faster and stop the god awful annoying stick-to-ground bug.

jernau
14-03-04, 17:14
Forget the PPU pro/con argument - the fact is the Raptor is useless. It was brought in for one single prurpose, which it totally fails to perform.

It is broken so it should be fixed.

Candaman
14-03-04, 17:22
or just gotten rid of

•Super|\|ova•
14-03-04, 17:28
Don't forget that now Dev is useless against PPU if the PPU isn't complete retard and doesn't cast anti poison sanctum or/and heal.

Candaman
14-03-04, 17:33
no its not completely useless because sanctums run out at least 3 times a fite and it takes time to recast specially cath sanc and with db thats when they are prime

•Super|\|ova•
14-03-04, 17:40
Originally posted by Candaman
no its not completely useless because sanctums run out at least 3 times a fite and it takes time to recast specially cath sanc and with db thats when they are prime

Ok, well let's not forget the fact that PPUs are also able to move.

Candaman
14-03-04, 17:43
also lets not forget ppu's can also be para'd

Xizor
14-03-04, 19:43
Hmm on Venus it the raptor seems to work fine? High damage and fucks over monks hard..Me and a m8 were fighting at CRP (Not funny to get pwnz0red by dr0nz0rz in that z0n3..ok I'll stop ;)). I play a ppu with a capped hh and he was APU with capped con of course. He had holy buffs on and he was only able to survive the raptor if he had hh on constantly.

LTA
14-03-04, 19:53
Agreeing with Xizor, as a ppu when the raptor hit me i couldnt heal for shit, it had a tick on that took my heal of on hit then it like lasted 15 seconds where i couldnt heal myself.

In a team i am sorry but Raptor>HAB without holy heal monks arent anything majorly special, it works fine there so i dunno wtf has happened to all yours o_O

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 19:53
Um, now im confused.

:eek:

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 20:01
I have no idea if raptor works well or not. Because I rarely see any drones.

It's about as rare as a ppu not using parashock. :eek:

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 21:26
=P @ SD

I say, there's a thread in the Test Server Feedback concerning the Raptor Drone, you guys might wanna take a look at it.

http://forum.neocron.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93939

Fez
14-03-04, 21:35
i see no problem with the drone at all it counters the best defense a ppu has Holy Heal.