PDA

View Full Version : Is this an Exploit ?

Darth Slayer
14-03-04, 12:27
Ok been bugging me for some time. Now is it an Exploit when your fighting in PP or Op's or basically just anywhere for one of the peeps you fighting to open trade with u thus freezing u in place and allowing there friends some easy free shots ?
It's been happening more often and always by a certain clan.
Needless to say I turn trade of. Yes I know it's that easy but ppl often forget these little things.

nobby
14-03-04, 12:29
[edited for violation of the forum rules -- flaming]
there is alt+K for a reason u know.:o :mad: :o

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 12:29
ALT + K was the key, wasnt it ?

You can choose if you want be open to traderequests ...

Darth Slayer
14-03-04, 12:30
:lol: Yes I believe I made that clear that I turn trade off. Tho not many ppl do. I take it I've just found one of the ppl who use that lamer tactic eh Nobby. Nobby by name Nob head by nature......:D

Candaman
14-03-04, 12:33
what a fucking pointless thread

/edit on a brighter note vvoot 1000 posts :D

OTIS
14-03-04, 12:39
when they do that to u just sex them...duh:lol:

Argent
14-03-04, 12:50
Yeah, it's easy to turn of trading but there should be similar option for vehicles.

How does this sound : LE player continuously cliking your vehicle when you're trying to fight someone else?

Ghost_Shifter
14-03-04, 12:55
Originally posted by nobby
[edited for consistency -- Vithar].

I find your tone offensive.. GM, please ban him.

Is that your standard reply when someone asks a legitimate question on the *forum*?

Now in answer to the thread posters legitimate question:

It's very sad people who use this exploit. Of course it's an exploit becasue its a trade is not designed to be used in battle, but some really sad sad sad people use it to try and gain an advantage over you. It's a lame gutless exploit...

Did that answer your question?

Candaman
14-03-04, 12:57
who are u to say if its a expoit or not. It is not a exploit if there is a way to prevent it IMO u turn off trade they can't do it all it takes it common sense

Darth Slayer
14-03-04, 12:58
Yeah thanks. Seems to me specially on Uranus it's becoming more and more common for people to do this.

ZoneVortex
14-03-04, 13:00
According to GMs and abuse@neocron.com it's not an exploit

they'll just tell you to turn off your trade window

Ghost_Shifter
14-03-04, 13:02
Originally posted by Candaman
who are u to say if its a expoit or not. It is not a exploit if there is a way to prevent it IMO u turn off trade they can't do it all it takes it common sense

Erm, I'm a neocron player ..... and guess what.. Look at the thread topic

QUOTE]Is this an Exploit ?[/QUOTE]

Do I really need to say more?

Oh feck it..............

an exploit IMO is using something that's not designed for that use to gain an unfair ingame advantage. Alt K i'm sure is to prevent people trading with you, not to prevent people freezing you in a fight.

Do I really need to say more, or does that spell it out for you? It really IS that simple

MjukisDjur
14-03-04, 13:06
the answer is NO.
happy now? :)

Candaman
14-03-04, 13:07
Originally posted by Ghost_Shifter
Erm, I'm a neocron player ..... and guess what.. Look at the thread topic

QUOTE Is this an Exploit ? /QUOTE

Do I really need to say more?

Oh feck it..............

an exploit IMO is using something that's not designed for that use to gain an unfair ingame advantage. Alt K i'm sure is to prevent people trading with you, not to prevent people freezing you in a fight.

Do I really need to say more, or does that spell it out for you? It really IS that simple

Umm the freeze comes from the trade window foo if no trade then no freeze.

/set think 1
/set click submit reply

use this advice next time

Omnituens
14-03-04, 13:10
actually, the locked trade can randomly turn on and off, even without zoning....

Candaman
14-03-04, 13:12
no it can't

Oath
14-03-04, 13:14
Originally posted by nobby
[edited for consistency -- Vithar]

Thats construtive isnt it you [editttttttted coz i r leet] :p

But yeah i kinda agree :D

Scorp, alt + k is your friend certain uranus clans do this ALL the time, as do certain 1337 pk0rs.

t0tt3
14-03-04, 13:17
Originally posted by Ghost_Shifter
I find your tone offensive.. GM, please ban him.

Did that answer your question?

OMG... that dude has sooo right.. [not you Ghost_Shifter]

1: Ban the thread starter if so you CANT post exploits on the forum....

2: There is a option like everything else so why even post it.

3: There are an other exploit in that way that is even worse which I wont post here because I wont =P

Leebzie
14-03-04, 13:56
Its true, the trade lock turns itself on and off all the time for me. Very Very annoying when ppl want to trade you and you end up being told to unlock trade etc...

Im into the habit of pressing ALT-K to find out if its on or off before I trade , but not before I fight, thank god atm I dont seem to get it on pluto, because thats an incredibly lame tactic.

Wait, tactic isnt the right word, its an exploit (imo)...

Ulle
14-03-04, 14:20
Is this an exploit?

Answer: No, there is a way to prevent it built into the game therefore it can not be classed as an exploit.

If this was an exploit the thread would of been closed too as you have to remember exploits are _NOT_ to be discussed on the forums.

Question Answered, Thread = Closed

Enjoy Your Day Runners.