PDA

View Full Version : You think NC has a learning curve?

Archeus
14-03-04, 11:26
I just got "Universal Combat" talk about needing a PhD just to understand wtf is going on.

You can also play different Alien races in it. I suspect one of these races has 20 fingers required to use the game.

Omnituens
14-03-04, 13:08
its more of a cliff than a curve.

Vid Gamer
14-03-04, 13:10
Not really, although I admit if you're a total n00b then you'll be clueless one what to do unless you ask.

athon
14-03-04, 13:17
I think the biggest learning curve problem is that it's not clear enough that you have to mark the Help channel with an X to be able to hear replies to your questions.

I find I often have to direct newbies to tell them to do this.

Hopefully, KK will also massively update the manual for BDoY to make it more helpful.

Athon Solo

MjukisDjur
14-03-04, 13:19
Neocron is way more easy than most games out there.
You can find everything in this forum unlike the competitors...

Oath
14-03-04, 13:24
Go try horizons.

No-one helps, there's no info, the booklet is fucking useless, and tbh the whole game is NOT USER FRIENDLY!

NC > Horizons.

Q`alooaith
14-03-04, 13:35
Originally posted by Archeus
I just got "Universal Combat" talk about needing a PhD just to understand wtf is going on.

You can also play different Alien races in it. I suspect one of these races has 20 fingers required to use the game.

It's not such a leap from BC3000 or BCM, though can be a little daunting, it's all pretty easy once you get to know how to do stuff..

Try starting out as a marine, then move to pilot, and leave the commander till last, as the number of command's and such to rember goes up in a curve from that..