PDA

View Full Version : new form of player herassmant?

masterguyver
14-03-04, 09:54
ok first there was the barrel use for some players to kill le players. now with that taken out is distroying you bike the new way to herass other players? This is what happen. tonight after spending 80k (vec parts, gel, bp, and cst fee) I hade a hovertech bike. Rode it to mb. while when i got off the bike to play with some cyclop launchers with my sniper gun. I saw 4-5 non le players standing on the hill infrount fo mb. 2 of them ran over and distroyed up my bike. (could not do anything couse my fps when to 1) So is this a new form of player herassment.

Ps sence the players that did it did not fess up, I did a in-game petition on all the players that were on the hill.

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 09:56
People destroying rides is old news bud, sorry.

Kinda pointless to argue against it...just find a safer place to park the damn thing next time.

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 09:57
I don't know if it's intentional or not to let LE vehicles be hurt by players. But I do think it shouldn't be that way.

masterguyver
14-03-04, 09:58
Originally posted by Kenjuten
People destroying rides is old news bud, sorry.

Kinda pointless to argue against it...just find a safer place to park the damn thing next time.

that is true, but that was all the money i had to make it. So i am bumed about it. not mad tho.

HumphreY
14-03-04, 10:00
Originally posted by masterguyver
that is true, but that was all the money i had to make it. So i am bumed about it. not mad tho.

If you're on saturn. Direct me. I got a hoverbike for ya for free.

Hump Deckard

masterguyver
14-03-04, 10:03
Originally posted by HumphreY
If you're on saturn. Direct me. I got a hoverbike for ya for free.

Hump Deckard

thanks, but i am the type of person that does not take anything for free. (i even pay for buffs) e-mail me on the price.

Travler

DonnyJepp
14-03-04, 10:07
you can drive up to the vehicle station, open the terminal, and despawn your vehicle without dismounting. It helps prevent vehicle ganking.

Personally I think vehicles are all too overvalued in this game. They should be about half as expensive and most of all, jackable :D They could add garages where you have to park your vehicle when you're offline. blah blah on and on, good ideas KK never listen etc

IceStorm
14-03-04, 10:08
I hade a hovertech bike. Rode it to mb.
First thing you should have done is park it in the garage next to the entrance. Do not pass go, do not collect $200, just go to the ASG and dismiss it.

I don't know if it's intentional or not to let LE vehicles be hurt by players. But I do think it shouldn't be that way.
I'm not sure what you're trying to say. I hope you're saying that LE should have no effect on a vehicle's ability to be damaged.

If you make vehicles owned by LE'ed runners invulnerable to non-LE'ed runners, well, the current LE-repairing-Rhino whining will be nothing compared to the uproar that will result...

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 10:10
Well, what about invulnerability being active only to non-attack-capable vehicles?

borl
14-03-04, 10:13
Hm, I thought you could only destroy an LE player's vehicle when he/she were actually riding it.

g0rt
14-03-04, 10:18
hahahaha blowing up LE vehicles while the users are off them is fun as hell

teach them for being a bunch of carebears

yesterday we had a LE on a bike following us around, as we went through a zone, all of us crashed lol (6 of us in a troopcarrier haha) anyway devils grace and I got back into the game really quick, where we found ourselves at the reset position and the LE-exploiters bike was sitting right under our troop carrier.

anyway, devils got in, drove the troop forward a bit...just then 0tis got back into the game, took out his antivehicle, 2 rockets later that LE noobs bike was blown all over the floor

ahhahahahahha

so satisfying, ill do anything I can to encourage LE players to take that crap out and fight like real men. i love vets styles at mb, shelter/deflect the warbots so all the LE nibs are doing 30 dmg a hit to them with thier commandos HAHAHAHA oh man thats quality

Archeus
14-03-04, 10:20
Cant destroy an LE craft while the LE player is on it. So they can despawn it at the ASG safely.

If they don't have an LE in then you can drop your hovertec at the zone border or far away from the ASG out of sight and despawn once it is in the zone.

Also when you buy a craft you should get it blueprinted so it's cheaper to replace if it is destroyed.

I know it sucks to loose your bike, but you'll find after a while it's not that bad. I've lost countless crafts.

Btw, non LE person intentionally destroying LE persons craft is a complete fucking moron.

Q`alooaith
14-03-04, 10:24
Originally posted by DonnyJepp
Personally I think vehicles are all too overvalued in this game.

I agree with this statment, but expanded to all in game item's..

Pretty early on in retail I and anther player scrimpted and saved for day's to buy part's to build a chaincraft 4X4, built it up and took it for a ride..

After a bit of joy ridding some people who didn't like me for good reasons came, killed me, so I ran back to try and put my shinny new vehical away, boomb, too late.

Killing vehical's is not a new thing, PKer's have been at it for ages.. Just live with it and rember your vehical is only truely safe when it's away in the ASG.

StryfeX
14-03-04, 10:34
LE owned vehicles should not be able to be destroyed as long as they are not a combat craft with more than one seat. E.g. - The combat hovertech would still not be able to be destroyed, but a 4x4 Chaincraft would, etc.

@g0rt: And you bastards wonder why Cartel is the most hated clan on the server... Yeesh. Also, shelter/deflector should not be able to be cast on anything other than players, to stop nibbishness like Vet's to "punish" LE users. That's just freaking moronic.

--Stryfe

Dade Murphey
14-03-04, 10:37
Originally posted by StryfeX
@g0rt: And you bastards wonder why Cartel is the most hated clan on the server... Yeesh. Also, shelter/deflector should not be able to be cast on anything other than players, to stop nibbishness like Vet's to "punish" LE users. That's just freaking moronic.

--Stryfe

I thought they took out the ability to cast things on beasties/npc's back in beta...I didn't think it was supposed to be possible to cast anything on them...

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 10:39
Heh, one of the troubles of an inexperienced hybrid is that there's a possibility you heal/buff a monster you're actually trying to kill. =P I've often had that problem in online games. But sometimes the mixups can be humorous. :)

hivemind
14-03-04, 10:41
[edited for violation of the forum rules]

StryfeX
14-03-04, 10:42
Originally posted by Dade Murphey
I thought they took out the ability to cast things on beasties/npc's back in beta...I didn't think it was supposed to be possible to cast anything on them... It's wholly possible now. And even before, you could still do it with group spells.

--Stryfe

Dade Murphey
14-03-04, 10:44
It's wholly possible now. And even before, you could still do it with group spells.

--Stryfe

Why the hell is that possible now? Hmm...I didn't know the group spells did it...I remember a long time ago sanctums used to affect enemies as well...

masterguyver
14-03-04, 11:17
Originally posted by hivemind
[edited for consistency]
thank you :lol:

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 11:20
If you make vehicles owned by LE'ed runners invulnerable to non-LE'ed runners, well, the current LE-repairing-Rhino whining will be nothing compared to the uproar that will result...

Easy solution, following rules:

- an LE owned vehicle cant be damaged nor repaired by other players then the owner.
- an LE owned vehicle cant damage other players, even if gunner is non-LE
- an non-LE owned vehicle cant be damaged or repaired by LE'd players

StryfeX
14-03-04, 11:27
Originally posted by Mighty Max

- an LE owned vehicle cant be damaged nor repaired by other players then the owner.
- an LE owned vehicle cant damage other players, even if gunner is non-LE
- an non-LE owned vehicle cant be damaged or repaired by LE'd players I like those rules, but I think that an LE-owned vehicle should be able to be repaired by any LE'd runner, not just the owner.

--Stryfe

Invertigo
14-03-04, 11:38
are you...serious?

harassment?...

just because you got an LE in and cant participate in pvp doesnt mean you vehicle shouldnt either if your not on it:p

StryfeX
14-03-04, 11:44
Originally posted by Invertigo
are you...serious?

harassment?...

just because you got an LE in and cant participate in pvp doesnt mean you vehicle shouldnt either if your not on it:p Uhm... Yes, yes it does. Lots of people are complaining because if the "ub4r PK3r" can't kill the LE person, they will go after their vehicle just to harass the LE'd runner and show said runner how "uber" Mr. PK3r M4nz is. And IMO that's just fucking lame. It should be considered harassment, but a better solution would be to just use the rules Mighty Max proposed with the little tweak that I stated.

--Stryfe

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 11:46
doesnt mean you vehicle shouldnt either

Sure does it mean exact that.
If you destroy items of a player, it is still PvP.

The LE is the PvP/PvM switch.

OTIS
14-03-04, 12:28
yay ty g0rt for the plug :D...but ya i think its harassment for people to have LEs in and follow people around and annoy the poopy outta the non LEs...there is this LE user that follows us to almost EVERY op fight. Kind of annoying really coz ya he could be a SPY for the other team...ONOZ!!:eek:

MjukisDjur
14-03-04, 13:09
maybe if the BOOOM wasnt so funny people would do it more seldom? Hilarious every time :p

SypH
14-03-04, 13:25
LE protects the player, not the vehicle. My only driving character is LE'd but I dont think that should give me vehicle immunity when I'm not in it.

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 13:34
I would agree to this, if the ppl around wouldnt abuse everything they can.

If you are LE, you are object to a community trying to gank you. fact.

It is used to attack the player, if they cant do damage to you direct they do everything to harm you by any sideeffect.

That was done when LEd where attackable by AoE weapons, that is done while hacking or looting LEd kills. That is done by blowing up your vehicles.

I cant and i wont ever log on another char to kill the attacker, cuz im LEd out of principles. What can i do then ? Watch them blowing up my car and flapping hands ? Or shall i put my car into garrage, just to have it, but never drive it?

Oath
14-03-04, 13:35
(could not do anything cause my fps when to 1)

PRICELESS QUOTE!

Anyway, there's a moral to the story, park your bike in a safe place and the big bad nibs cant kill it now can they :D

Omnituens
14-03-04, 13:43
Originally posted by g0rt

yesterday we had a LE on a bike following us around, as we went through a zone, all of us crashed lol (6 of us in a troopcarrier haha) anyway devils grace and I got back into the game really quick, where we found ourselves at the reset position and the LE-exploiters bike was sitting right under our troop carrier.

anyway, devils got in, drove the troop forward a bit...just then 0tis got back into the game, took out his antivehicle, 2 rockets later that LE noobs bike was blown all over the floor

ahhahahahahha

so satisfying, ill do anything I can to encourage LE players to take that crap out and fight like real men. i love vets styles at mb, shelter/deflect the warbots so all the LE nibs are doing 30 dmg a hit to them with thier commandos HAHAHAHA oh man thats quality
its people like you who fuck up this game.

IceStorm
14-03-04, 13:47
I have a feeling the "rules" would be a bitch to code for KK. If they can do it, sure, but methinks this sort of fix is something that will come after droner bugs are fixed (if they ever are) as it's a similar issue - extending the LE protection bit to inanimate objects owned by the player but not currently in their direct possession.

If you destroy items of a player, it is still PvP.
No, it's destruction of another player's item. If someone rips me off of 300k, it's not PvP. If someone decides not to give me back something I give them to repair, it's not PvP.

If you're going to "protect" the vehicles of LE'ed owners using the above logic, you better be ready to explain why being ripped off ISN'T prevented. From a gameplay tandpoint, it's the same thing. You've done the only thing you could to an LE'ed runner - you've cost them money.

alig
14-03-04, 13:48
U drive to ur destination, drive full speed into the vhc terminal, stop dead! jump off and put it away b4 anyone can blow it up and if anyone thinks they can tail u on a hovertech they are mistaken, well thats wot i do anyway:D

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 13:56
No, it's destruction of another player's item. If someone rips me off of 300k, it's not PvP. If someone decides not to give me back something I give them to repair, it's not PvP.

If you're going to "protect" the vehicles of LE'ed owners using the above logic, you better be ready to explain why being ripped off ISN'T prevented. From a gameplay tandpoint, it's the same thing. You've done the only thing you could to an LE'ed runner - you've cost them money.

For the first, see my addon to that post. Declaring why it is PvP, it is only be done to harm the player. So a player does sthg vs player = > PvP

For the second: You can prevent beeing ripped of. I know to only trust the ones i know.

U drive to ur destination, drive full speed into the vhc terminal, stop dead! jump off and put it away b4 anyone can blow it up and if anyone thinks they can tail u on a hovertech they are mistaken, well thats wot i do anyway

You miss the point. The bike is to drive where no GR is available. I can just beam to where Garages exist, and where they dont i get ganked? ... Oh my, just forgot it, LEs shouldnt go in the wastes :rolleyes:

:edit: In addition the situation g0rt told - perfect to proove my points. he only wanted to harm the LE. OMG he was driving with an LE, exploiter!.... Thanks for quoting him, i hadnt read the ignored ppl ...

alig
14-03-04, 13:59
I hade a hovertech bike. Rode it to mb. while when i got off the bike to play with some cyclop launchers with my sniper gun. I saw 4-5 non le players standing on the hill infrount fo mb. 2 of them ran over and distroyed up my bike.

I think u miss the point. He is infront of mb where a VEHICLE terminal is.

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 14:02
But it is not only this situation. its done EVERYTIME wherever you are...

So i dont miss the point, i see the whole situation, not the one occasion.

Scikar
14-03-04, 14:04
Make LE vehicles completely invulnerable to non-LE runners? And what happens then when I park my LE'd Rhino in front of an OP gate?

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 14:07
Use the abuse email then. in that case you can exactly show which clan it was and can take pics. Ban, done.

But hey, i can do nothing in the current situation, can just stand there and look where my bike,trooper, etc is blowed up. Funny.

Archeus
14-03-04, 14:18
Originally posted by Scikar
Make LE vehicles completely invulnerable to non-LE runners? And what happens then when I park my LE'd Rhino in front of an OP gate?

You run through the Rhino. The thing isn't that solid it can be passed easy.

The issue in that case though would be people bailing into the Rhino for safety. They would be immune to attacks.

Scikar
14-03-04, 14:19
And how exactly does anyone prove who did it?

*Hypothetical Situation*
Let's say I feel like causing trouble in this way. An enemy clan is hacking Krupp. Our only remaining OP is Jeriko, so we know they're headed there. So, I log my LE'd driver spy. I put a Rhino at the back of the OP, and 3 Jeeps at the front. Then I log over to another char. The enemy comes, we beat them because they can't come in the back, and at the front we fire AoE at the Jeeps constantly.

After the fight, while the leader of the opposing clan is waiting in the queue for a GM, I log abck to my LE'd spy. I return all the vehicles, then go into Plaza and give one each to a few random newbies.

When questioned by a GM, my clan simply responds that we don't know who it was. We say we got ourselves imped up again after the OP fight at Krupp. We then GR'd out to Jeriko. When we arrived we found the entrances sealed off with the vehicles, and then a few seconds later the other clan arrived so we had no time to do anything about it.

So the GMs have little they can do. Unless of course the devs code in additional logging stuff, that kinda thing. That means slowing the server down, it means logging more stuff yet items still aren't tracked so people still lose all their valuable equipment, and it means GMs have to use up even more of their valuable time sorting this kind of thing out, and let's face it, how easy is it to get a GM these days?

•Super|\|ova•
14-03-04, 14:23
Originally posted by g0rt

ahhahahahahha

That's so fucking retarded. Why the hell do you have to be mean to players that haven't done anything to you? That's so damn childish.

Why can't people accept the fact that some players just like to do other things than PvP. At the moment I play role of a somewhat berserker killer and still I don't even consider about ruining the game experience of those who have decided to choose the other path. What's your problem?

dr.fish
14-03-04, 14:25
take care of ur bike if it means a lot to u.....

and on a side note LEd players should not be able to enter warzones, simply cuz they have nothing to do there !!!

Archeus
14-03-04, 14:27
Originally posted by Scikar
And how exactly does anyone prove who did it?

So the GMs have little they can do.

First up you can't block entrances with crafts. You could act as a barrier to make it harder to get in but thats all.

Second the GM in question could just destroy the craft (thus killing the keys). It would be so blantly obvious the driver was dropping the cars for such a reason. If they wanted to do that I'd make it pretty costly to do.

Lastly, while they don't have item tracking in the game, the crafts are tagged with the owners ID so they can in fact trace a craft back to the registered owner.

Morganth
14-03-04, 14:36
Originally posted by Archeus
Lastly, while they don't have item tracking in the game, the crafts are tagged with the owners ID so they can in fact trace a craft back to the registered owner.

Each craft should have a liscence plate with the owners name on, and then when it is blown up one of the pieces of junk should be the liscence plate and this would act as a dog tag for vehicles.

Archeus
14-03-04, 14:38
nice idea. throw it in brainport.

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 15:15
and on a side note LEd players should not be able to enter warzones, simply cuz they have nothing to do there !!!

lol, i knew this would come up at some point in the thread. But to be honest that is when you stop to think.

Lets sum up what a LE player can look in an Warzone for:

1. MOBs
2. Dungeons (i.e. Worm Tunnels)
3. Running through to reacg another zone
4. GR
5. GoGu
6. RP (i.e. Player driven story runs, you know such things exist)
7. Events (the less events are PvP only)

k? now troll away.

@Scikar, you know you can report it easier, then something that is official allowed but still haressment. Taking a pic when its parked there at this specific moment, or making an GM call when it prevents gaming ... a GM can just boot the vehicle.

The LE can - i say it again - not even report, or call a GM as long as it is known to be valid. What it isnt imho for the named reasons:

- harming the player intentional
- no way to aviod or payback in most cases

Only if i'd exploit back, but some i have morals and principles, which a lot of so called "leet PKers" haven't. I mean, they always complain about server populations, but do the best to drop it even lower.

msdong
14-03-04, 15:26
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer

oh, i think is should be this way. ever thought what happend if i let my LE driver ride a rhino to an OP battle ???? ;)

ok a little addon:

it sucks to blow up VHC without someone ridin' it and even mor if the owner is LE'd.

it should be:LE'd ppl vhc should be undestroyable when they are NOT in a warzone.

that would prevent much of the exploiting abilitys of such a rule.

€: MM u2fast :)

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 15:38
Therefore this rhino shouldnt be able to do any harm to players msdong as long as the owner wears an LE. If he doesnt, the LE driver cant drive it into the battle ...

Spex
14-03-04, 15:52
*thinks*

Let me ask it the other way around: What would you guys say, if LE players could blow up other vehicles? Why not get it working in both directions? Hmm ... :p

I wait for someone using vehicles as bait for the "leet peeps", and then jump at them.

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 15:56
I have no interest at blowing up other ppls vehicles.

I choosed to be PvM only, i dont want to deal with the ones thinking they are "teh pwn" neither directly by beeing ganked nor indirect by getting my things blown by them.

*has troubles to not use those 4 letter words*

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 17:58
Uhh..

About this thing about people blocking places with vehicles..

Is only the Rhino non-solid, or what? O_o

Devils Grace
14-03-04, 18:16

@g0rt: And you bastards wonder why Cartel is the most hated clan on the server... Yeesh.

and i hope and i will do my best to keep it that way

anyways
this is another fantastic and smart thread:rolleyes:

i bet u do more ingame tickets then u actually play the game

go play Finding Nemo

Mighty Max
14-03-04, 18:28
PPl that openly admit that they haress others ingame,
as well as proudly present their social incompetence on the boards should be rewarded with a ban

Thanks to Devils Grace for that content and sense dripping reply.

Devils Grace
14-03-04, 18:32
anytime

Neocrons_coward
14-03-04, 18:32
ok first there was the barrel use for some players to kill le players. now with that taken out is distroying you bike the new way to herass other players? This is what happen. tonight after spending 80k (vec parts, gel, bp, and cst fee) I hade a hovertech bike. Rode it to mb. while when i got off the bike to play with some cyclop launchers with my sniper gun. I saw 4-5 non le players standing on the hill infrount fo mb. 2 of them ran over and distroyed up my bike. (could not do anything couse my fps when to 1) So is this a new form of player herassment.

Ps sence the players that did it did not fess up, I did a in-game petition on all the players that were on the hill.

I have only ever caught 1 person trying to blow up someone elses veichle and i was not afriad to put the gun to his head and pull the trigger... Anyone who destroys someones veichle... You are the lowest form of neocron... AND should be PKED... I know what should happen is there should be a place where we can name and shame them... At least people will know its whats needed.. If gms dont want that happenning create a patch where only creatures can blow your veichles up.. I mean in real life u blow someones car up ur a dead fucker aint ya??? I know if someone blew my car up id break their legs without hesistation... (God i love getting aggressive hehe)
Ze0N

Devils Grace
14-03-04, 18:34
Originally posted by Neocrons_coward
I have only ever caught 1 person trying to blow up someone elses veichle and i was not afriad to put the gun to his head and pull the trigger... Anyone who destroys someones veichle... You are the lowest form of neocron... AND should be PKED... I know what should happen is there should be a place where we can name and shame them... At least people will know its whats needed.. If gms dont want that happenning create a patch where only creatures can blow your veichles up.. I mean in real life u blow someones car up ur a dead fucker aint ya??? I know if someone blew my car up id break their legs without hesistation... (God i love getting aggressive hehe)
Ze0N

agreed

but some ppl prefer calling harrassement, and call a GM to ban them

Gotterdammerung
14-03-04, 18:43
please leave these things in-game