PDA

View Full Version : Small ideas w/ Skills.

Shujin
14-03-04, 06:58
Ok I'm just thinkin tonight, and well Resist PSI should really be with the other resists... and it should actually work :P

IMO Resist Psi should goto Constitution, and Exotic PSI Use should come back and go into PSI Powers.

I think exotic should come back because it would a great place to put parashock, damage boost, and spells in the grey area.

if u guys got any ideas post em

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 07:01
Resist PSI should only go under constitution if their are pure psi spells.

As for Exotic PSI use. Yup I would love it if KK brought it in. Actually no. :p

See, for me to be ok with a new form of PSI use coming in, I would have to think ppus and apus are balanced. But their not.

There's only one suggestion I have for psi use. That's to make 3 gloves. A hybrid glove, an apu glove, and a ppu glove.

The hybrid glove allows the casting of exotic spells and hybrids could use their own damn spells which would make them 5000000000000x easier to balance.

Shujin
14-03-04, 07:02
love that 3 glove idea ;]

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 07:05
heh, that'd give me incentive to stay Hybrid forever :p

But SD, don't ya think that maybe introducing another psi spell type will actually balance this mofo of a game?

Shujin
14-03-04, 07:06
Originally posted by Kenjuten
heh, that'd give me incentive to stay Hybrid forever :p

But SD, don't ya think that maybe introducing another psi spell type will actually balance this mofo of a game? Exotic Psi use was a skill back in early betas. but... they took it out dont know why. Infact its in the manual i think.

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 07:08
Yeah, yeah, I know, just like the mining tool is. =P

Shujin
14-03-04, 07:08
actually its in the FAQ

" How many types of PSI are there?

There are three types of PSI:

aggressive (combat PSI modules)

passive (protect or healing PSI modules)

exotic (all other PSI modules)

Each type is associated to seperate skills and includes many different PSI modules. "

note the passive says protect or healing no where does it say support ;]. ;] just wanted to bring that up.

petek480
14-03-04, 07:10
Originally posted by Shujin
note the passive says protect or healing no where does it say support ;]. ;] just wanted to bring that up.
And what do you think protecting and healing people is?

Shujin
14-03-04, 07:10
Originally posted by petek480
And what do you think protecting and healing people is? O_o don't reply to what I say unless you know what I'm talking about.
the people who posted previously to that reply of mine were all in the http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93888 conversation.

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 07:11

But SD, don't ya think that maybe introducing another psi spell type will actually balance this mofo of a game?

Errr no, why would it? It would just make things more complex. Currently there's only 2 main psi skills. And look how much trouble KK is causing. Let's not make their heads explode with a third skill, lol.

Unless of course, like I said, the third psi is strictly for hybrids.

Which is a great idea, I really don't know why it's not done. Pures won't get proxy nerfed if hybrids get nerfed, and vice versa. Their wouldn't be so much damn trouble balancing them just because they use skills the other monks use.

Think about it. "Through intense practise of aggressive psi use and passive psi use, a hybrid can create new spells that is a unison of these 2 disciplines." blah blah

Something like that.

hehehe

Shujin
14-03-04, 07:13
Actually SD, if you think about it. It would create more viable characters if it WAS strickly for hybrids.

Think about a Exo / APU hybrid. or Exo / PPU Hybrid.

Would be a bit like red mages in FF.
OMG ACTUALLY :O
that'd be great.

TL 3 Heal spell thats
Req: 3 Passive, OR 30 Exo

petek480
14-03-04, 07:13
O_o don't reply to what I say unless you know what I'm talking about.
Well then wtf are you talking about? You said it says passive is protecting and healing but doesn't mention support so i'm letting you know that protecting and healing people is also considered support. So if you actually mean something else you should actually write wtf you mean instead of being a dick, k?

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 07:15
@ Shujin:

JEZ!

I R TEH MIN/MAXAH.

:D

Shujin
14-03-04, 07:15
Well then wtf are you talking about? You said it says passive is protecting and healing but doesn't mention support so i'm letting you know that protecting and healing people is also considered support. So if you actually mean something else you should actually write wtf you mean instead of being a dick, k?

You posted that at 00:13, i edited my post at 00:10...

dick ;)

@ Shujin:

JEZ!

I R TEH MIN/MAXAH.

:D

huerh? O_o

petek480
14-03-04, 07:19
You posted that at 00:13, i edited my post at 00:10...

dick ;)

Wow you can tell time:rolleyes:

What the fuck does that have to do with anything?

Shujin
14-03-04, 07:21
Wow you can tell time:rolleyes:

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? Means I edited it before you said that, which means you had the chance to see what I was talking about. Which in turn, makes you the ... el dicko.

;) kiss me

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 07:22
@ Shujin: Was ripping off 8-Bit Theatre's Red Mage a bit ^^;

Shujin
14-03-04, 07:23
@ Shujin: Was ripping off 8-Bit Theatre's Red Mage a bit ^^; ;P so was that a agreement or a DIE @ U SHUJ GUY :O

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 07:24
Oh, well, yeah.

/ambiguous

I like the idea a lot; like I said, it'd make me wanna stay a Hybrid indefinately. D:

petek480
14-03-04, 07:25
Means I edited it before you said that, which means you had the chance to see what I was talking about. Which in turn, makes you the ... el dicko.

;) kiss me
How so? I can take how ever fucking long as I want to write my post so it doesn't mean I saw your edit. Even if I did see your edit I'd still would of wrote the same reply. You're telling me not to reply to your post becuase I wasn't in your conversation in the other post, even though this is a new post. If you want people to know wtf you're talking about then maybe put a link in your first post or heres an idea write it in the thread itself so people do know what you're talking about.

vTlo
14-03-04, 11:06
Exotic psi, I seem to recall that you needed exotic psi to ressurect in beta and one other spell you could use also.

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 17:19
You kinda needed exotic psi for stuff like distract mind and such...that stuff got tossed over to PPU.

Candaman
14-03-04, 17:26
/set cheerleader mode 1

GO PETE GO

GO PETE GO

/end all

t0tt3
14-03-04, 17:31
Pete > Shujin..... end of story

*because I love his avatar :D*