PDA

View Full Version : Ok, so i'm a rifle spy

SorkZmok
14-03-04, 06:25
I got my dex capped, i got 98 int, i got an SA, an SF and one of the best setups possible for a spy. I use drugs. I got 197 rifle combat. I got the 2 best rifles there are. Thats a First Love, TL 114 and a Disruptor, TL 115.

I cap dmg on both, i cap aiming on both and i got nearly 200 shots per minute on both. So i equip em and go to pvp.
I start using my Disruptor. Yey! I just put a full clip into that evil enemies head! Damn thats great! But wait, no! IT ISNT! I did fuck all crap dmg. A PE can outheal this gun!

Ok, i got another gun i think. So here i go, taking out my First Love! I stealth, run up to my enemy and as soon as my stealth is gone, i pull out my gun, stick it up his ass and pull the trigger. Hell thats gonna kill him i think, but NO, 3 out of four shots missed! I pull the trigger again and only 2 out of 4 missed this time. Too bad that hes gonna start moving now so hitting him will be even harder. And even worse i can't really follow him because one FL clip eats up most of my stamina!

So what am i gonna do now?
Either, i go get my TL 110 Healing Light, whats a "quite" good gun or i just use a Ray of God. Its only TL 98 you know, even a PE can cap dmg on it and get a damn nice ro. Plus it never misses. Oh and it also does the same dmg even if youre on low health when a CS would do like 10 dmg. It still hits for full damage.

And dont even ask about the fucking sniper rifle, it's crap. Yes, it is.

Well, at least i'm abled to fully cap even a crappy RoG. o_O
God, sometimes i hate this game so much. :(

Devils Grace
14-03-04, 06:29
[edited violation of the fourm rules][freya]

Cricket_Eater
14-03-04, 06:30
They nerfed our Disruptor last patch, First Love is still a sprinkler, sniper rifle is so/so. I find the best combo for me is a healing light and a terminator. Healing Light is fricking awesome!

SorkZmok
14-03-04, 06:36
Originally posted by Devils Grace
edited for consistancy [edited violation of the fourm rules][freya] Stay outta here or say something that makes some sense.

KTHXBYE

IceStorm
14-03-04, 07:24
It would be nice if plasma rifles were as accurate as what those Regant Mutants are using (plasma rifles)...

Disruptor I can't comment on. I don't use it. I do use Healing Light. Even though I can't cap damage, it'll still take down a WB almost as fast as my PE on a Combat Hovertec.

MegaCorp
14-03-04, 07:38
Yep, fully understand your frustration. My view is that rifles just dont do enough damage to be able to kill opponents solo, consistently, in fights. Sure, we do get solo kills, and some people here will boast that they do it all the time and you just need to get some skills ... but i long ago concluded that rifleman spies are basically support fighters. By that i mean we kill enemies someone else already wounded, or we seriously wound someone so that our comrades can hopefully finish him/her off ... and that is mostly what we do ... but every now and then things are just right to drop a target all by ourselves. I have had Op fights where all i did was wound people, with not a single kill; and others where conditions were perfect and i nailed several without help. [shrug] Can certainly be very frustrating at times.

Lupus is evidently doing major rebalancing of weapon damage, including rifles. Maybe whatever patch that comes out with will improve things. Then again, maybe not.

Spook

Cricket_Eater
14-03-04, 07:44
I'd have to concur. Snipers such as myself are pretty much strictly support in OP wars.

Rai Wong
14-03-04, 08:00
you are meant to be support but its pretty grim when an APU with fire apoc can shoot just as far as your SH and do alot more damage...

kid brainiac is a really good spy, there is no doubt in his skill he has killed many tanks and Pes solo in NF I admire his abilities.

I have said many times that rifles are underpowered but noone agrees with me ble

I use HL and SH on my rifle PEs its quite good me thinks, still the damage on rifles is pretty ridiculous in comparison to pistols and cannons. I am one of the few rifle PEs who fight in op fights :/ and i'm even rarer because I am a hacker as well, but I hold up pretty well still I can't complaint muh ever since I started using HL and SH, but the fact is alot of rifles are pathetic to their pistol counter parts. e.g executioner, liberator, judge. etc etc

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 08:03
Originally posted by Rai Wong
you are meant to be support but its pretty grim when an APU with fire apoc can shoot just as far as your SH and do alot more damage...

Fire apoc and HL have a range of 140m. That's nowhere near SH.

kid brainiac is a really good spy, there is no doubt in his skill he has killed many tanks and Pes solo in NF I admire his abilities.

Does he drug for shelter? Just curious.

Cricket_Eater
14-03-04, 08:08
I think rifle PE's are going to have alot of fun when the Termi gets implemented. I have one now on my sniper, and it's just awesome.

g0rt
14-03-04, 08:17
Originally posted by SorkZmok
[edited for consistancy] Stay outta here or say something that makes some sense.

KTHXBYE

aahhahaha keep fueling the fire

unfortunately rifle spies are garbage right now, utter garbage.

disruptor should have gotten a boost not a nerf. its useless now. first love misses half the time and does crap dmg for a tl114 weapon. redeemer is the worst pvp weapon in the game. silent hunter is trash, by the time the things ready to shoot the next bullet the target has either gr'd, zoned or ran behind a hill/wall. sniping is not a possibility. ray of god is a great weapon but unfortunately its tl98 so you may as well be a PE using it.

wanna make rifle spies good?

- boost the first love
- boost the disruptor
- fix redeemer pvp dmg so it does more then 10dmg to a PE 500m away
- double the rate of fire on the silent hunter, make it slow down movement when you have it out...so you canNOT use it close range, but when you are far away it can actually kill something, not just make hte target run behind a wall like it does now. 100% useless

Rai Wong
14-03-04, 08:22
lol damn straight, i am pretty sure there is a fire spell that goes very far, can't remember which though :O 600m I think

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 08:27
meh, isn't it true that you can never 1-hit kill?

Maybe the SH can be made to shoot faster, but you might probably need to shoot more than once anyway. It just makes the ones with weaker response time more susceptible to death by sniping.

I know, little relevance to one another, but whatev.

g0rt
14-03-04, 08:31
Originally posted by Kenjuten
meh, isn't it true that you can never 1-hit kill?

Maybe the SH can be made to shoot faster, but you might probably need to shoot more than once anyway. It just makes the ones with weaker response time more susceptible to death by sniping.

I know, little relevance to one another, but whatev.

Agreed, no one shot kills. Hell I even agree the SH should take 5 or 6 shots to take down a capped char.

BUT...it should unload those shots fairly fast. None of this taking forever to reload. Honestly if you are LUCKY enough for the dumbass to stand around and take 3 shots from it before he starts running behidn things, its still not gonna kill him...you need 5 or 6 at least and once that reload hits ur chances are done.

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 08:38
lol damn straight, i am pretty sure there is a fire spell that goes very far, can't remember which though :O 600m I think

There is no spell that has 600m. o_O o_O o_O o_O o_O

Fire beam is just as low as poc.

Holy fire halo has 180m. And the damage is horrendous.

Rai Wong
14-03-04, 08:41
I have no idea, maybe i'm way outdated here I heard over on ts someone saying that maybe that was pre range nerf...

SorkZmok
14-03-04, 08:43
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Does he drug for shelter? Just curious.
Yes he does. :)

I use Redflash, Beast and Deso forte.
Redflash to get into my PA
Beast to get into inqui 1 armor
Deso forte for shelter.

Sucks in NF cause i have to relog everytime i die but as long as i got a nice ppu i am fine with one drug. And thats way less than most Pes use...
If my guns werent complete crap, ppl would fear me. :p

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 08:47
2 ten minute drugs are not so bad, if you got the cash.

But when you start mixing them up with 5 min drugs. Ack!

Too much drug use. heh

Rai Wong
14-03-04, 08:49
dude you're good with your aim, its just the gun thats stopping you...

SorkZmok
14-03-04, 08:54
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
2 ten minute drugs are not so bad, if you got the cash.

But when you start mixing them up with 5 min drugs. Ack!

Too much drug use. heh Well as i said, if i got some support i dont need them.
3 drugs are for pp1 fights, rescuing ops (Hah, i once took out 2 apus, a spy and a pe who tried to take an op from us!! all alone yarr! ;)) and duels in NF. And i never died to a drugflash yet.
Well i nearly did several times but hey i got stealth. :)

About that range thing. A spy in an attacking team can be quite nice. Its great to take out snipers on the roofs of the buildings. But if you are the defending team, a spy is completely useless. The enemy just is too close to the op. The time it takes to aim and hit someone twice is enough for a monk to hit you with a dozen HLs.

___T-X____
14-03-04, 12:28
RoGs all u need mate, its all i use on pluto. Massive Clip, great aiming, easy to cap, STR chips - u know all this.

Darth Slayer
14-03-04, 12:35
Originally posted by SorkZmok

If my guns werent complete crap, ppl would fear me. :p
If your Guns where Ubar I still would'nt fear joo......:p
Go droner u know it makes Sense......:D

Scorpius.

athon
14-03-04, 12:57
I use PE and SH atm on my rifle spy. For op wars I find a nice perch with a clear view of the battlefield and preferably some objects to hide behind. Hack room roofs are the usual spot.

It's true that in op wars you rarely get solo kills BUT, if you learn how to spot it and time it right, you can hit PPUs when their buffs run out - and usually you'll get about half their health off. With a bit of luck your mates on the front line will see this and finish em off for you.

Athon Solo

MjukisDjur
14-03-04, 13:04
To bad the aiming on the FL sucks because when all blobs from a xray FL hits it usually hurt people... bad

I prefer to stay in the back and use the trustworthy SH instead.
Feals like a waste of imps though :/

Kal
14-03-04, 14:27
I have said many times that rifles are underpowered but noone agrees with me ble

stop using any excuse to say rifles are underpowered rai, theres nothing wrong with any of em up to tl 110 (perhaps redeemer)

so all the PE lineup should be fine (rog my be overpowered a little but i dont really care, its pretty marginal)

redeemer, SH, dissie and FL are messed up bad atm, if you look at the pistol lineup the high tl guns do ungodly damage, the judge will rival the high tl rifles in damage

the exeption is the healing light, that is one badass gun, i would recomend going with that for now brainiac

Archeus
14-03-04, 14:34
Maybe I'm missing something but Rifles are ranged weapons. You attack from distance. I had TKA take me down from broadcast range with a FL (dead before I realised it was too late to run).

I don't use anything other then a SH often but I have often killed runners with the SH easy.

- Make sure they don't know you are there.
- Don't use modded ammo unless it confirms a kill shot or they know you are there (normal ammo doesn't easily show up as an attack).
- Don't shoot more then twice in the same spot
- Hide once you take your shot. If they noticed they are shot they will be scanning the zone for you.

I'm not capped, don't have a SA and I can kill most runners in 2-4 shots. Only PPUs can withstand the shots.

Capt. Rik
14-03-04, 15:49
I'm in the process of levelling a rifle spy i find the Tangent Sniper Rifle such a pain to use because it's so slow (both in RoF and reload time)

OT: @Rai Wong - I think your sig is about 5 lines too high ;)

Oath
14-03-04, 15:53

You know who the thread starter is dont you?

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 16:24
I always found an artifact first love to hit 3 outta 4 plasma shots, its obviously a close ranged weapon, take out there legs, and theyve fucked it big time.

The disruptor is fine when aiming at the head from a good range. A little boost would be nice.

The Healing Light and ROG atm are the win, the ROG **********, and the HL doesnt some serious damage

Q`alooaith
14-03-04, 17:31
Originally posted by Clownst0pper
The disruptor is fine when aiming at the head from a good range. A little boost would be nice.

I agree, when at range and you want to do some hit's to take out the leg's before you pull the SH out it can be great..

Or you take the leg's and then pop the head..

You've just got to get it modded the right way though, fire modding energy weapons is better than Xray modding IMHO..

FL is ok, as long as you mod it correctly, mod it to Nova or fire, too few people nova mod because force is easy to resist and basic delfector cut's it right down, but before the shield's come up, which often start Shelter then delfect, which is where modding this way is good..

Your a rifle spy, don't be standing up the guy's arse when your attacking, use your range and be half a mile away and take his leg's, then see that Pistol PE fight back..

cRazy2003
14-03-04, 23:16
yea its complete bullshit, its taking the piss a lot now, we shud be a spy for a reason, to use the SH disruptor and FL, guns which no other class can use (without being gimped to hell)
and it turns out

SH: rof is crap, i cud end up going more damage going right up to his face with all his friends around him and starting blowing him to fuck

disruptor: was good, now its ABSOLUTLY crap

FL: damage isnt bad but its like the FL has a tea strainer on the front of it

Archeus
15-03-04, 07:55
Originally posted by cRazy2003
SH: rof is crap, i cud end up going more damage going right up to his face with all his friends around him and starting blowing him to fuck

ROF is intentionally crap. If you use it properly you can inflict massive amounts of damage without ever having to worry about being hit.

Liebestoter
15-03-04, 09:52
Rifle spies have forgotten the teachings of JoyStick. :(

Kenjuten
15-03-04, 15:54
Blah, I hope the screwed range of the long-range weapons get fixed at least by DoY... :(

Strych9
15-03-04, 16:09
Shouldnt this be adjusted some with the big patch that is on the testserver? Has anyone tested these same guns to see what damage they do?

That patch is SUPPOSED to make it so TL = damage, so the higher the TL the higher the damage...

Q`alooaith
15-03-04, 16:12
Originally posted by Strych9
Shouldnt this be adjusted some with the big patch that is on the testserver? Has anyone tested these same guns to see what damage they do?

That patch is SUPPOSED to make it so TL = damage, so the higher the TL the higher the damage...

The test server realy need's people to come with capped health and 0 resist's and record how much damage weapons do after the TL changes, then they'll be reballanced for their TL..

Currently if you go to TS the damage might seam way outta whack, but you need to say how much damage is being done and how outta whack it feel's while on the test server so it can be made correct..

Anyway, I like rifles as is, I kick arse with mine..

cRazy2003
15-03-04, 17:54
Originally posted by Archeus
ROF is intentionally crap. If you use it properly you can inflict massive amounts of damage without ever having to worry about being hit.

all im saying is is cud end up doing more damage by running up to his face and shooting him before i died then trying to hit him with a SH before he GR's or hides

Archeus
15-03-04, 21:42
Originally posted by cRazy2003
all im saying is is cud end up doing more damage by running up to his face and shooting him before i died then trying to hit him with a SH before he GR's or hides

Use normal bullets and keep out of sight if the person is just idle. At op wars I normally advance scout and you can easily cap one or two before they realise what is happening.

In fighting the runner is always watching thier health so I go for more damaging bullets then. The explosive ones seem not to give the game away so easy after normal bullets.

But yea it is somewhat of a support role once everyone is kitted up. Mostly I run interferance for the team.

Console
15-03-04, 22:08
Originally posted by Archeus
Use normal bullets and keep out of sight if the person is just idle. At op wars I normally advance scout and you can easily cap one or two before they realise what is happening.

In fighting the runner is always watching thier health so I go for more damaging bullets then. The explosive ones seem not to give the game away so easy after normal bullets.

But yea it is somewhat of a support role once everyone is kitted up. Mostly I run interferance for the team.

ok the second paragraph is a little hard to understand , you are say that use noraml bullets for killing others, because the damage isnt obvious ? , and explosive bullets in OP wars durring the chaos ?

wahts best sniper rifle ammo for pvp when its obvious you are around ?? Uranium Fire or explosive ? i woudl think fire becaus PA gives X-ray esist up the ass and ppl try to protect them selves from energy the most right ???

Archeus
15-03-04, 23:26
Originally posted by Console
ok the second paragraph is a little hard to understand , you are say that use noraml bullets for killing others, because the damage isnt obvious ? , and explosive bullets in OP wars durring the chaos ?

Correct. I've noticed I can empty a full clip easy before anyone realises they are being sniped. With the explosive normally 1-2 shots and the person knows there is a sniper. Fire/Xray show up on thier HUD.

Fire or explosive ? i woudl think fire becaus PA gives X-ray esist up the ass and ppl try to protect them selves from energy the most right ???

yea I use normal/explosive and fire.