PDA

View Full Version : Kill freezing? yes or no...

funkeymonkey
14-03-04, 04:14
Im betting we have had many many threads like this but kk dont seem to be taking notice. Lets make it simple for them to see what the majority of their customers want.

I know what i want, kill it off for good.

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 04:18
You wanted a direct, no-room-for-indecision poll.

I say make it go back to hell.

From what I know, freezing wasn't even in beta (4).

Edit: They were? Hm. Aside from hearing it from word of mouth, I myself don't remember them.

Either way, that doesn't factor into my decision.

Psycho Killa
14-03-04, 04:20
Um parashocks and stun guns where definately in beta though I never seen anyone use them and dont remember how strong they where but they where certainly in the game.

amfest
14-03-04, 04:26
yea the guns were in game but didn't really do anything in beta 4 at least. I heard though in beta 1 or was it 2 that it also had anotehr side effect. It'd knock you clear across the zone and make you bounce. So you could run up to a group of people chatting and blast them and everyone in the entire group would go flying off around the area.

I don't think they will get rid of it . .cause I thought I heard that one of the KK reps or whatever said they WANTED it in game. Thoguh I'mnot sure who . . suppose could do a forum search (cringes) errr maybe not :P

MrChumble
14-03-04, 04:27
So KK added something without testing it first or consulting the players...and this surprises you?? :confused:

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 04:42
Make it PvM only. Or replace it with a cool spell for ppus that doesn't fuck up PvP or make them more important.

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 04:53
I say Parashock's effect should be changed to temporarily increasing PSI Resist. :p

Yes, I'm aware PSI Resist doesn't have any use at all. That's why I suggested it. :D

extract
14-03-04, 04:55
I voted yes, but what would become of my beautiful 5 slot thunderstorm in my gogo that I never use anyways:p

Cricket_Eater
14-03-04, 06:07
A nice big Milky Ren.

Mr Friendly
14-03-04, 07:04
Originally posted by Kenjuten
You wanted a direct, no-room-for-indecision poll.

I say make it go back to hell.

From what I know, freezing wasn't even in beta (4).

Edit: They were? Hm. Aside from hearing it from word of mouth, I myself don't remember them.

Either way, that doesn't factor into my decision.

freeze was in beta4, was perfect stun effect imo back then

-FN-
14-03-04, 11:02
What a new... and interesting thread.

Para will not be removed.

If KK *wanted* players to stop using something, they'd say "Stop using it" like the Copbot rifle. They are not going to remove para spells so will you guys just stop asking already :rolleyes:

(And I don't mean this specifically towards you funky, but everyone who keeps nagging.)

StryfeX
14-03-04, 11:39
Freezers back in beta 4 were useless. Parashock spells, however, were not. The Holy Parashock Barrel (back when barrels weren't AOE spells, for all you new folk out there) did really good damage plus it pretty much nuked the legs in a single shot, so the players were slowed to a crawl. There were some players in the game at that time that pretty much the only way to kill them was to Holy Parashock Barrel their ass to the ground, then unload on them with everything you had. To put this into context: this was before heavy weapons had the runspeed hit for being drawn, just after the rares were introduced, and before KK capped the runspeed, so people could literally run at close to warp speed with enough ATL. :p

--Stryfe

Invertigo
14-03-04, 11:40
i uh... have a thread already on this.. but its good to spam it like hybrids so they know people hate it and want it to change...

Endar
14-03-04, 13:13
Well the freezing effect is useful now so NO. If you cant fight when someone freezes you its your problem. I can fight tho i dont PvP much... I feel the Tanks are more overpowered than parashocks or freezers so what about removing whole tank class before you do anything to freezers?

Candaman
14-03-04, 13:14
if u kill para i garuntee u will not be able to kill me or half the other ppu's out there

L3m0n
14-03-04, 13:16
yeh its ******** the ammount of cash ive lost buying drugs! :mad:

]v[ortice
14-03-04, 13:59
No simply because PPUs are now as killable as ever as individuals.

Spirit mods, Flamers... you name it PPUs have got trouble on their hands.

I won't let the freeze go unless PPUs get an adequate replacement.

Spies are using spirit modded SH as a shotgun thedays and shooting ppus point blank and finishing off with a RoG or similar.

Just no fucking way.

I feel so sorry for PPUs levelling up thesedays. Simply because people with capped characters have nothing better to do than to whine on here about their sub-class.

If you got shocked by a ppu and killed by another runner... the para didn't kill you... it was the fact you were outnumbered. Get some friends or get some skillz.

Archeus
14-03-04, 14:20
Originally posted by Candaman
if u kill para i garuntee u will not be able to kill me or half the other ppu's out there

Sure they will, they will just come to this forum and cry and whine some more until your dead. :p

Spies are using spirit modded SH as a shotgun thedays and shooting ppus point blank and finishing off with a RoG or similar.

Thats impressive.. so much so I'll call BS on that one. The ammo can't be cloned/constructed/bought. You get a couple of clips off Johnny when you get the mod and thats it.

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 20:13
Originally posted by Endar
i dont PvP much...

It shows.

Anyways, it makes no sense to say get some skills against parashock. You either use a drug or you don't, that's it.

And most of the ppus who want this are the same ones who paraspam players.

PPUs are still killable without parashock. If they do become unkillable, it just further proves how unbalanced they are. Or just make parashock work on ppus. :rolleyes:

-=BlackBeard=-
14-03-04, 20:17
i think they should make the strongest type of para like holy para for example do as much effect as the thunderbolt ...... because it doesnt slow u down very much but can still give the user an advantage :D also get rid of stun turrets they just get rid of ure legs so u can hardly move

Candaman
14-03-04, 20:22
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
It shows.

Anyways, it makes no sense to say get some skills against parashock. You either use a drug or you don't, that's it.

And most of the ppus who want this are the same ones who paraspam players.

PPUs are still killable without parashock. If they do become unkillable, it just further proves how unbalanced they are. Or just make parashock work on ppus. :rolleyes:

it will only make them overpowered if u remover the balancer. U can't say remove para and if it make ppu's uber we'll drill them into the ground when its ur fucking fault for wanting para removed u can't have the best of both worlds make up ur damn mind

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 20:26
it will only make them overpowered if u remover the balancer. U can't say remove para and if it make ppu's uber we'll drill them into the ground when its ur fucking fault for wanting para removed u can't have the best of both worlds make up ur damn mind

Why don't you pay attention? I know it's difficult, but try.

I've said time and time again that PPUs can still be killed without para, so removing it is fine by me.

I was making a POINT, that if they do become unkillable(which don't think they will, as I said time and time again if you can read), it only proves how fucked up ppus are.

And if paralyze is the balancer. That means you admit that you need ppu to kill a ppu. Which only proves how rediculously important they are.

:rolleyes:

Besides, removing paralyze doesn't change the fact that I think they are unbalanced beyond belief.

funkeymonkey
14-03-04, 23:30
Originally posted by ]v[ortice
If you got shocked by a ppu and killed by another runner... the para didn't kill you... it was the fact you were outnumbered. Get some friends or get some skillz.

Seriously. if sombody paras you and sombody else paras your enemy, it isent skills that decide who wins and who looses, its who ever has the best resists. It becomes a resist test.

And if you are para'd and dont ave any cover to hid behind and your enemy is not, then your fucked no matter how good your aim is or how bad your opporistion is.

In my experience its not parashock that kills ppu's its holy anti buff. Any half decent ppu ensures he keeps his holy cath sanct up at all times during an op war.

And Shadow Dancer, i think your comments are spot on.