PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle timer?

amfest
14-03-04, 01:42
What's the currrent timer on when the vehicles return to garage? I"ve been laying dead next to mine just wondering when it would return and have been watching a movie and chatting with my family .. i'd say it's been about 30 min or more and it's still just hovering there next to my body -_-;;

Keyol45743241
14-03-04, 02:01
Depends... if a zone is populated it goes in about half an hour - which sometimes pisses me off, as I can't drone while sitting on my hover.

But if there is nobody.... it takes ages to return

Forget My Name
14-03-04, 03:10
Mine was in zone for well over 12 hours. easy. 3 am this morning, until an hour ago where I saw it in the same place.

trigger hurt
14-03-04, 03:31
no idea. But I had a hovertech blown up at an op fight a few days ago that had been abandoned for a little over 2 hours. Attacking clan came in with a rhino and blew it up, even though I hadn't used it for ages.

amfest
14-03-04, 04:10
it wasnt' much longer after i posted it that my vehicles finallly returned .. . lol
I was on my combat hovertech hunting in an Op zone . . . and I got careless with a grim chaser and though i killed it .. the last stack he got on me was enough to get me ticked to 0 health . . . and my heal was just a split second too late to counter it :(
there had been fighting going on earlier but to my dismay the GR was locked to me now. So I rode from another gr on my regular hovertech, didn't want my combat one blown up by someone, and finally got there to see my combat one okay still where i had died .. so I was looking for a place to stash my regular hover out of sight . . only the one place I wanted to go there ws someone leveling on mobs and there was like a few chasers coming that way . so i was like ..whoa .. let me go the other way that might take forever and I might get locked off from my combat hover. So i went the other way only there was a droner luring a chaser also from the other way >_< I couldn't get my hover up this cliff right . almost made it but i forgot to jump off fast enough and fell back down .. so I ran the only way to go which was right in front of the chaser :( and then there I lay both hovers in a warzone :(

Anyhow I think they should get rid of the timer and just have a pay to retreive at the Garage, but it still takes some time after you pay. So during that time it can still be destroyed but it would cut the inconvience of people who are leveling or what not and don't want their ride to disappear before they know it. and the server only has to pay attention to spawning back vehicles when they have been paid for only at a set time

IceStorm
14-03-04, 04:28
24 hours.

It took an entire day for a Combat Hovertec that I got stuck in a @#%! puddle to return to the garage. It took about 12 hours for my other Combat Hovertech which was at the top of the hill with the bridge to nowhere to return to the garage. I got stuck in the bridge running back to the hovertech, relogged, and the engine decided to put me down on the ground instead of on the bridge or the hill...

The timer's still busted. It would be really nice if it was properly FIXED, or we were allowed to recover vehicles from an ASG the way we recover our backpacks from GRs.

It would also be nice if vehicles could DRIVE THROUGH WATER or FLY OVER WATER. It's a MIRACLE that I made it to Regant's Legacy and back on a Hovertec without losing it in the water.

Kenjuten
14-03-04, 04:51
Meh, I don't understand all these long timers..

Mine re-garaged in a matter of minutes on several occasions. O_o

Cricket_Eater
14-03-04, 06:19
I've had hovertechs sit underwater for DAYS.

Argent
14-03-04, 10:11
Originally posted by Kenjuten
Meh, I don't understand all these long timers..

Mine re-garaged in a matter of minutes on several occasions. O_o

Yeah, it's very random to the user. Personally my vech have returned in 15 min - 32h+. Usually it takes few hours.

masterguyver
14-03-04, 11:19
acording to a gm post to me on another charater, it is random

SypH
14-03-04, 13:17
The last time I abandoned my hover was when I had to cross the swamps at regents. I left it, zoned and came back 20 minutes later and just as I reached my hover it vanished...........the bastard.

Oath
14-03-04, 13:30
Sometimes they never return :lol:

I remember losing my tank in a synch, and it never came back, it's probably still sitting in J_11 lol.

XaNToR
14-03-04, 13:53
they respawm when the server orders it.. can take 2 minutes up to days..

Richard Slade
14-03-04, 15:15
AFAIK since the issue got up ages ago,
time stops when noone is in zone..
And continues when someone enters it...
You count out what would happen to a 30min respawn...

metalangel
14-03-04, 15:44
What's supposed to happen:

It returns to the garage if abandoned for more than an hour or so.
It becomes invulnerable if the owner leaves the zone.

What actually happens:
It returns to the garage almost instantly when you want to come back to it later (you know, if you've driven to an out-of-the-way hunting spot) and stays forever if you fatal or die miles from home (and it's your only means of transportation)
It is destroyed even after you've FRE'd or left the zone for ages.

GAH! And I know hover technology shouldn't cross water (back to the future) but can KK at least have a look at some of the landscapes... and have less gullies of death where a vehicle can't get out once it falls in? Or, make the roads straighter (in the mountains), more sensible (all these stupid 180 bends for no reason around non-existant obstacles) and navigable (no more buildings or trees in the middle of the road) and therefore THE choice for trouble-free driving?

IceStorm
14-03-04, 15:58
And I know hover technology shouldn't cross water (back to the future)
They do cross water on a hoverboard in Back to the Future II. Marty's problem is he has an unpowered board, so he has nothing to propel the board forward. Griff has a powered board and easily flies across the pool, colleagues in tow...

Unless I missed something, hovertecs have engines that move them forward, ergo, if they floated above water they could drive across it...

metalangel
14-03-04, 18:34
Hmmm, true. Well, by the same logic, any of the vehicles should cross water given the wheels are touching the bottom... or they could float, propelled by their treads (like amphibious APCs like the BMP)