PDA

View Full Version : The current faction system is being revised...

RayBob
14-03-04, 00:55
The current faction system is being revised. Right now the clan's interests usually come first and then the faction's interests. After the release of NC:BDOY, the main focus will shift towards the conflict between the two empires Dome of York and Neocron. The revised faction sympathy system will reflect that.

I wonder how this is going to work. Will there be an empire chat? As it is now, only the largest clans on each server have any hope of holding an OP. Since most clans try to fight without allies, there is no role for the smaller clans and unclanned runners. I sincerely hope the new system will make it easy for anyone to GR to one of hopefully multiple hot spots on the map and fight for their empire regardless of clan affiliation. I think you would see a lot more smaller clans made up of 10-20 people who fight well together.

KK, are you listening? :cool:

Mirco
14-03-04, 03:18
I wonder about this as well. The faction system today doesnt work at all. I`ve always thought it lame that clans can go out and attacking another clan from an allied faction without some kind of consequense. Its due time that KK fixed this. Factions need to give players and clans a certain purpouse and some consequences for not keeping faction rules.

I would like to see that when you join your clan you get payed money for how well your clan is doing while mobhunting gives no money except the cash you get for selling loot. Something like that. What I`m looking for is that if your in a clan where no one is complying to faction orders you`ll end up broke.

Or perhaps a tax system. If your clan is doing good with your faction taxes are slack. If you do bad taxes increase and perhaps speciall penalty tax for killing allies or failing assignments. Perhaps clans can have a set amount of money they need to make for their faction at the end of the month. Failing that you get punished. Its supposed to be a hard world and the guys on top dont care if you are staying home because of the flue. If you end up pissing your faction off enough you`re booted out and then perhaps you`ll have to join the anarchy breed or some outcast faction meaning you are free for all.

When there is 2 alliances how do KK prevent half of NC city to show up when gabanium gets hacked by 100 doys?

Also how is the use of ops and bonuses going to be distributed? If every NC faction is allied what will set the factions apart when all can share op bonuses?

I`m wishing for some kind of deeper strategy to op fights, ownership benefits and responsebility to give the players some more sence of purpouse and connection to their faction.

Forget My Name
14-03-04, 03:22
Simple.

Factions are going to be either Neocron or DoY.

2 factions.

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 03:23
Mirco your ideas would seriously screw unclanned. :(

I'm not impressed by KK's statement. It just turns big clans into big factions. That's it. You'll still have underdogs. Instead of small clans it'll be underpopulated(seriously underpopulated) factions like DRE.

The whole faction system, sucks to be honest. I don't mean to sound like a dick. I just don't think it was well thought-out at all.

Vid Gamer
14-03-04, 03:24
I just can't wait for the huge empire battles we will have over TH and TG Canyon when they become giant OP's. :D

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 03:26
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
I just can't wait for the huge empire battles we will have over TH and TG Canyon when they become giant OP's. :D

hahaha

The *new* graphically upgraded TH already gives me horrendous FPS, WHEN I'm ALONE and even facing a wall. I don't even want to imagine 20vs20 in that madness.

:(

g0rt
14-03-04, 03:27
Originally posted by Forget My Name
Simple.

2 factions.

Its gonna be more then that, based on KK's comment. How would just that make clans be out more for thier SIDE then thier own clan? Doesn't make sense....if its nothing more then just two factions, my clan will be MORE inclined to be out for ourselves then ever.

funkeymonkey
14-03-04, 03:40
If it does become anti city v city then i hope they do somthing about which server provider they use.

der Ed
14-03-04, 04:18
DOY will bring us battles of the empires with 150 monks vs 150 monks.

Those battles will be turn-based, you can do one action every 10 seconds. ;)

Mirco
14-03-04, 04:25
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
Mirco your ideas would seriously screw unclanned. :(

I`m aware of that. It was just taken from the top of my head. Just take it as a minor brain fart. I dont want it just like that, but something in that direction. TG and crahn must be the most forgiving factions ever as FF and Dark has fought each other for ages now still the factions are friends.

As for unclanned getting it tough. Well its a tough world and by keeping together you increase your chances of survival. Perhaps unclanned can hire op-bonuses from clans or factions? Say you pay a certain amount of cash in a "contract" that works like a trade window. You can specify the number of items allowed to res or construct or time with hack bonus for a certain price. Nothing comes cheap and accepting a bad deal is something I feel is part of a cyber punk/post apocalyptic game, but it might just become tedius. I would like players to start out neutral and factionless. Perhaps they can function as a go between doy and nc trade or smugling. Not fully trusted by either part, but still needed in some way. It would suit the mc5 story better, atleast for the city clans. If I was the mc5 commander I`d put any anti-city coming out of the spawn tubes down right away.

We need something to desire, something to work towards that there can be a conflict about incorporating clans, ops, money, ressources.

Shadow Dancer
14-03-04, 05:10
Originally posted by der Ed
DOY will bring us battles of the empires with 150 monks vs 150 monks.

Those battles will be turn-based, you can do one action every 10 seconds. ;)

HAHAHAHAHHA

:lol:

Originally posted by Mirco
Perhaps they can function as a go between doy and nc trade or smugling. Not fully trusted by either part, but still needed in some way.

Ooohh I like that. Could use some tweaks, but good idea.

:angel:

Originally posted by Mirco

We need something to desire, something to work towards that there can be a conflict about incorporating clans, ops, money, ressources.

I would like more endgame goals/content. I'm not sure if I want it completely clan/op related though. O_o

OTIS
14-03-04, 12:42
Originally posted by Forget My Name
Simple.

2 factions.

ONOZ SMELLS LIKE SW:G TO ME... IMPS v REBS!!:eek:

Argent
14-03-04, 12:48
At least the two lastest Neocronicles give us a hint where it's headed.

You have read the cronicles have you not?

Candaman
14-03-04, 12:51
they are not saying there will be only 2 sides to every battle just two banners which every faction is held under but alliances can be broken and alliances can be made

athon
14-03-04, 13:21
To help with the faction size problem, one of the suggestions made in the past is to have a 'random faction' button on the character generation screens, or perhaps a 'quick start' that doesn't even ask you. It would then stick you in one of the factions with the lowest members.

If you want to find related posts have a search for threads on the character creation process - particularly in the Brainport forum.

Athon Solo

Oath
14-03-04, 13:23
The way i read the whole 'B:DOY' announcement was thus:

They're scrapping factions and having only PRO city and ANTI city.

Maybe i read too much into the comments, maybe not i dunno.

Candaman
14-03-04, 14:11
not only are they not getting rid of different factions but adding two more!

Vamil
14-03-04, 14:15
oh goody, I can't wait to be a city person when DoY comes out!! Most of the servers now are bad guy factions nowadays cause doy is new material for them, meanwhile us city people are gonna get the shaft because .... lemme think..... oh yeah theres NO CITY PEOPLE LEFT !!!! There all in DoY as TG or FA or something like that, if city factions don't get some either A.) new material almost as big as doy or B.) Pro city only items that won't work with the opposing "empire" . And by god those items better be good, cause again as it stands more and more people are switching to DoY friendly factions to get a full use out of the expansion.

And I can't wait to see how many "Features" are added to the game when DoY comes out :) FRE's are gonna be a thing of the past, now its just gonna lock your entire machine up and give you the finger on the mouse cursor
:D

Clownst0pper
14-03-04, 14:25
Personally I love the DBOY idea of city vs anti city.

Where do FA fit into it? o_O

Maarten
14-03-04, 15:03
Please, don't turn this game into a Red vs Blue Deathmatch.

This is how I would like to see the faction system in BDOY:

Pro-City, located in Neocron:
CityAdmin
BioTech
Tangent
Protopharm
Diamond
NEXT

Pro-City, located in the Wastelands:
CityMercs

Neutral, located in the Wastelands:
Fallen Angels

Anti-City (Pro-DOY), located in the Wastelands:
Twilight Guardian

Anti-City (Pro-DOY), located in DOY:
Dome of York
Tsunami
Black Dragon
Crahn

It doesn't really matter Neocron will have more factions this way then DOY does. I think it's more important to let FA and TG stay at there current locations in the wastes.

Mainly because this game needs a neutral faction. Fallen Angels are perfect for that. They haven't expressed great hostility towards DOY or Neocron.

The CityMercs and Twilight Guardian factions are there for people who want to pick a side, but don't want to live in the city itself.
According to the Neocronicle, relations between TG and DOY aren't going very well. But they do share a common goal, killing Reeza (or something similar).

Moving TG and FA to the DOY would be a big mistake I believe. And it would be a shame of their very nice homes (Canyon and Tech Haven).

der Ed
14-03-04, 15:23
Tsunami and Black Dragon are not anti city. They need the city - it is what keeps them rich. But still they are enemies of the city, 'cause they are criminals. Why should they leave NC? They make good bucks there. They probably will establish a new market in DOY. Cityadmin doesn't really hate them. CA hates TG, but not Tsunami and BD. Tsu and BD give sex & drugs to the people of Neocron, what keeps them happy. Of course, "those filthy criminals" have to be ganked "for publicity reasons" from time to time, but without them CA would have problems keeping their dictatorship.

And I'm rather sure those unscrupulous companies like Tangent, Biotech, Protopharm and NEXT will sell their wares to DOY as soon as trading routes are established. They probably are discussing future contracts with DOY right now, while officially researching new warfare items against DOY.

The scenario of NC is not black-white (or green-red), and that's why the current implementation of factions sucks. Maybe that will change with DOY.

L3m0n
14-03-04, 15:32
Originally posted by der Ed
Tsunami and Black Dragon are not anti city. They need the city - it is what keeps them rich. But still they are enemies of the city, 'cause they are criminals.
which is why they should be able to be in both the NC and DOY
i hope they dont make to many changes to the fac system :rolleyes:

leGit v. 2
14-03-04, 15:33
Can i be regeant legacy Faction in BDOY? THAT WOULD BE SO SEXY I WOULD LOVE NEOCRON FOREVER AND EVER AND EVER LIKE EVER

Candaman
14-03-04, 16:38
u mean Anarchy Breed and yes u will be able to

ServeX
14-03-04, 17:40
Originally posted by Candaman

he means regants.

msdong
14-03-04, 18:49
Originally posted by Maarten
...The CityMercs and Twilight Guardian factions are there for people who want to pick a side, but don't want to live in the city itself....

good point.

another point is that the factions that seems to move are greatly divided in believes and are enemys todays.
i can imagine the day when all the apps are moved to doy and BD,TG,Crahn and maybe FA live in the same city and have to fight side by side against the ProCity.

i agree with KK that Factions need to have a bigger point ingame.
faction sympaty means nothing today and you dont have nothing to do for you faction.

a faction must be more them the sum of their outposts.
number of players, collected money, build goods ... must have a meaning.

btw, i hope they ad special rewards for joining a small faction. not like +xy% XP or Money but all the "overcrowded" faction get a minus.

says who?

Possessed
14-03-04, 18:59
You can't be regants because they're mutants oO just like you can't be part of the insects faction because they're insects.

Unless KK add in a mutant class or use some storyline thing saying that the mutants are accepting people for one reason or another, but there are more than enough factions as it is.

El_MUERkO
14-03-04, 19:01
Originally posted by Shadow Dancer
hahaha

The *new* graphically upgraded TH already gives me horrendous FPS, WHEN I'm ALONE and even facing a wall. I don't even want to imagine 20vs20 in that madness.

:(

That wasnt a graphical upgrade, they had to change the textures to stop an exploit, dont ask me what the exploit was cause I dont know.

Possessed
14-03-04, 19:04
Originally posted by El_MUERkO
That wasnt a graphical upgrade, they had to change the textures to stop an exploit, dont ask me what the exploit was cause I dont know.

You were invisible to other people but you could still shoot them, and this was a bug, not an exploit, because it happened to everyone sometimes when entering the zone, though people still got ban warnings because of it :wtf:

Ivory
14-03-04, 19:46
we need to make the less popular factions popular such as dre, need to have incentives in them to attract players to that factiom.

Saza
14-03-04, 19:59
Originally posted by Ivory
we need to make the less popular factions popular such as dre, need to have incentives in them to attract players to that factiom.

Implement my idea of having discounts and bonuses on itme owned by your faction, DRE people will be able to get bigger apartments, and get the ordinary ones for a smaller price. Tangent can have a completely new type of weapon, Biotech can have special implants, Proto Pharma..... maybe a drug that you can get supplies from your HRD. Next can have a supah cool vehicle. City Admin, maybe... i dunno... a cotbot following you around or summat crazy like that? Crahn get a special glove or spell, Black Dragon can have..... a..... thing.... and Tsunami get Prostitues you can actually shag. Or access to prostiutes that are less pixelly (even though DoY will clear this up). Or a motion picture of Danae stripping. THAT would have people going Tsunami faster than lightning. Or maybe a pimp suit. Tsunami have a lot of options.... Mercs can have a gatlin weapon of some sort, TG can have terrorist bombs, and FA can have some technological crappy thing. As soon as you leave the faction then the item is completely wrecked and cannot be repaired. But they always repair back to 120/120.

Sorry about the vagueness.....

Candaman
14-03-04, 20:01
Originally posted by msdong
says who?

The fact that one of the 12 epic runs is a anarchy breed epic run and the fact that the faction is already out on venus

Saza
14-03-04, 20:49
The fact that one of the 12 epic runs is a anarchy breed epic run and the fact that the faction is already out on venus

Is it the DoY epic or do you get summat special? I cant be bothered to find out.... :D

RayBob
15-03-04, 00:14
Perhaps instead of having just 2 empires they should add a third. This third empire would be neutral to both the city and anti-city empires.

They should rework the OP system so that only the major empires (both pro and anti) can capture factories, labs, and fortresses. Only the neutral empire can capture uplinks and mines. These 2 types of OPs would provide some sort of service that both of the main empires need and the neutral empire would sell these services to the 2 warring empires.

Vid Gamer
15-03-04, 00:19
Neutral city is Tokyo II!! :D

RayBob
15-03-04, 00:25
Originally posted by Vid Gamer
Neutral city is Tokyo II!! :D Nah, they should turn Regant's Legacy into a TH or MB type of facility and make it the home of the neutral empire. They also need to implement the war system because the clans in the neutral empire would be fighting each other a lot to control the uplinks and mines in order to sell their services to the 2 big city empires.

Maarten
16-03-04, 11:17
IF Regant's Legacy would open and become a faction, wouldn't it be hostile to everyone?

And stop talking about Tokyo, we have to keep this realistic.

Bengalmin
16-03-04, 13:47
I don't like the way things seem to be goig with just 2 empires fighting. the stuff in the neocronical about Bio-Tech and Tangent making up is just wrong (or did I dream that)! you need internal confict to keep things interesting.

Maarten
16-03-04, 14:39
I agree, Red VS Blue will be boring

Candaman
16-03-04, 15:39
Originally posted by Maarten
IF Regant's Legacy would open and become a faction, wouldn't it be hostile to everyone?

And stop talking about Tokyo, we have to keep this realistic.

U forget about the human life signs from inside mutant legacy my theory is that its Protopharma and so they could have one ally but yes generally a enemy to everyone

Ivory
16-03-04, 16:24
it was actually Protpharms fault that they are mutants from what I've been reading as they made a something which turned ppl into muties. Well at least PP will have another enemy instead being mostly neutral or allied to everyone.