PDA

View Full Version : [BRAINPORT] new OP idea

cRazy2003
13-03-04, 16:19
yo all,
well ive just been reading some posts about ninja hacking etc so i thought of an idea to make the process of taking an OP longer.

when you go into a OP there are 2 terminals, one is the hack terminal, and another is a security terminal, the hackers must go and hack the first security terminal, this requires the the same hack skill as the normal OP terminals as usual.

when this is hacked its a bit like a hack box u open it and inside theres a special security card key and a code number. This then activates a warning messege on the clan channel stating the security terminal has been hacked.

once you have the key and the security card you have to then take it to a researcher, the card will only be low TL so it will be easy to research, you have to research the security card the same as youd do with any rare, once the research has finished the security card will be complete and given back to the clan member, then once he activates it by clicking on it
a small window box appears similar to the one when you click on a lift to take you to an apartment, and you then have to enter the security code given to you when u hacked the terminal into the security card and click ok, the card is then primed.

once its primed you can then proceed to hacking the OP, you have to put the security card into your quickbelt then select it and a small crosshair will appear, then you target the main hack terminal and click fire, you have to wait about 5 or so second then the same sound as a raygun rifle being loaded will sound (cos its uber :p ) and a small window will appear with a number of different buttons.

The first one is to unclock security wall, this enables any hackers with a fairly high hack skill (100+) to begin hacking the terminal, 3 required as usual but the unclock only stays for 10 minutes real time so once the 10 mins is over the OP locks again and the Key has to be remade, the second option is divert primery security, this then freezes the OP GR ad the UG access for 8 rl minutes, so no one can get in, not even the clan who is already ocupying it.

BUT because the security is diverted, once the security warning on the clan channel comes on a hacker in the defending clan has the option to go to a citycom, go through there clans and click on the clan which is being hacked, it then brings up all the infomation on the OP and the option to activate Firewall, once this happens the hacker who went to the citycom enters a hack screen, if he is beaten the hacking of the enemy clan continues on the OP, but if the hacker wins the hacking becomes disabled for 1 minute, but once that 1 minute is over the hacking can continue where it left off.

but you cant have both, u either have the defending clan access to there UG GR, or disable the access and allow a hacker to help defend the OP, the third option is to disable all the enemy turrets in the OP for 5 mins, but if the OP is hacked within 5 mins of it being activated and the turrets turn friendly to the attacking clan the turrets are still desabled for the rest of the time so yet again its the attacking clans choice on what they do, and if there are no turrets, u activate the disable turrets and once the OP is taken and the attacking clan places turrets they are also disabled for the rest of the time.

and finally once the OP is hacked the card becomes useless, and if you fail to hack the OP you must remake a new security card to try again..

so what do u think?
if you like it plz rate 5 stars or discuss on what you dont like below :D

L0KI
13-03-04, 16:30
here's one i made earlier (literally)
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1282608#post1282608

Syphera
13-03-04, 16:32
great idea! needs a bit of refinement, but the idea itself is good.

Devils Grace
13-03-04, 16:37
nein
i prefer Loki's idea (i must be crazy), with some changes

L0KI
13-03-04, 16:44
Originally posted by Devils Grace

i prefer Loki's idea (i must be crazy)

i love you 2 :p

Leebzie
14-03-04, 17:14
Hmmmm im trying to get my head round it all lol...

I definitely think the base should have a perimeter wall that holds out for enough time so that the defenders can be ready and waiting inside.

omg , L0KI , you got 1337 post count ! :D congrats :D

Candaman
14-03-04, 17:18
i want a wall on my ops