PDA

View Full Version : Change the way we hack OP's?

L0KI
13-03-04, 13:43
Hows this:

First, hackers have to breach the perimeter - a lock around the Hack room.

The new method of hacking is as follows:

For 1 hacker alone - Hack takes around 8 mins
For 2 hackers, teamed - around 5 mins
For 5 hackers, teamed - around 2 mins
For a team full of hackers - 15-30 seconds

When hack is initialized - players are rendered unable to move. As in, they get the hack screen.

The hack Screen would differ in purpose. the more nodes you activate - the quicker the hack.

A team of 5 skilled hackers could take the perimeter barrier down in 1 and a half mins, whereas - a lesser skilled team of 5 hackers could take up to 4 mins.

- HOLDING CLAN RECEIVES OUTER PERIMETER WARNING -

*******Once inside********:

Similar method of hacking, but double the length of time it takes to hack - as you are hacking the Security console.

1 Hacker - Between 13 - 18 mins
2 Hackers - Between 8-11 mins
5 Hackers - Between 4-7 mins
Team Full of hackers - Between 30 seconds - 60 seconds

Therefore - it is not essential to use 3 different hackers at once - however, it speeds up the process dramatically.

*******FINALLY*******

The final hack, after hacking the console, is a Small "City Com" look-a-like.

This requires one hacker, and takes 30 seconds as per standard hack. The hacker that breaches this final barrier - gets the OP for his/her clan.

The introduction of this idea would mean:
A) More hackers would be needed (A good thing with the coming of HACKNET)

B) Ninja Hacking becomes more tedious - and will possibly be phased out.

C) it wouldnt be about killing the 1 hacker to destroy the process. Killing 1 hacker would merely slow the process down for the other hackers.

D) Gives defending clan time to DEFEND.

At present, you attack an OP, and you end up defending it.

What do u think?

Darth Slayer
13-03-04, 14:40
Not a bad idea but would all hackers in a team have to hack at the same time or just being in the team be good enough ?

Kal
13-03-04, 14:47
sounds awesome, the thing i hate about opp wars is that there isnt the time to get a team together and get out there before all hacks are done most of the time and so you end up attacking YOUR opp, whereas if you attack the opp by the time they get there you end up DEFENDING.

having an opp taken before you can respond is discouraging and i know i've said 'fuck it let them have the damn opp' beforebecause i know it will take a long while starting from scratch to get it back. After a few fights its all the same thing.

der Ed
13-03-04, 14:58
Give hackers the possibility to hack for a different clan, so they finally can earn some money with their skill.

Kal
13-03-04, 14:58
they can, only the final hacker dictates which clan gets the opp

L0KI
13-03-04, 16:29
Well, yes, the team of hackers can be from any clan - unclanned possibly! :D

Devils Grace
13-03-04, 16:33
hmm some of the ideas are good

but can the hackerz be killed while performing the hack ?

kuz is to way long

tho the idea is nice in is overall, need a lot of changes~

basicly it will mean its easy to defend op's and ~does not prevent ninja hacking

tho i think the whole new system of hacking is already thinked and it will be goin to put in game with DoY

Keiron
13-03-04, 16:46
I like it, I like it alot.

Eddie
14-03-04, 17:52
You sir, are a genius! 5 stars!

This idea is completely flawless: it makes hackers more in demand (very good), it gives the defending team more time, it will make ninja hacking so damn boring.. beautiful!

One question (and a point of debate): Do *all* hackers have to have 100+ (OP level) hacking skill to be able to "help" the takeover effort?

For example, I have enough to hack warbies, and even though I've not tried, I doubt I could hack an OP. But would I be able to (somehow) help?

Eddie

___T-X____
14-03-04, 17:58
Dont like it, the game is already biased towards big clans. This would just make taking ops out of reach for smaller ones

Xizor
14-03-04, 19:10
I like it a lot.

This would just make taking ops out of reach for smaller ones

I don't see your point? You mean that then the small clans couldn't ninja hack as easy or?

Myrlin
14-03-04, 19:22
Maybe I misread it or something, but it sounds like with 5 hackers, you'll have 5 people unable to move standing in the hack room for 7-10 minutes. There is no way they wouldn't die.

This idea only encourages huge clans. I don't like it. The only way I could see it working is if the hackers could hack from their apartments or other safe locations.

If this were implemented I don't think Ops would ever change hands.

Aziraphale
14-03-04, 19:26
I like it ;)

___T-X____
14-03-04, 19:45
Small Clans dont have ops on pluto or uranus.

Ninja hacking was when it was 1 hacker. Its now 3 hackers with delays between hacking levels.

I just think this would make it even harder for a small clan to get an op. Just my opinion.

Ryuben
14-03-04, 20:28
me likes