PDA

View Full Version : Wont take a moment of your time.

ResurgencE
13-03-04, 07:47
Currently, it can prove quite difficult for some classes, like the Pe or PPU, to stash items such as drugs/stamina boosters/medikits, etc. without having to constantly click and drag the items to their belt.

Many have suggested that the drugs should stack in the belts, but i would rather propose that a hotkey be assigned to your inventory, which is the same case in other games. The quickbelt should carry only your weapons and items, because if you want to be meticulous, they might as well make you have to stick the key in your quickslot as well everytime you wish to drive.

I suggest the hotkeys to be linked directly to your inventory, where you store the items you wish to use, and they are activated with whatever key you have assigned to them (for example, pressing 'd' will activate a drug. 'm' for medipack. 's' for stamina boosters, and so on).

If you dont wish for this to happen due to whatever reason, thats fine as well. Merely a suggestion.

[/edit Great. The polling option failed to work]

mdares
13-03-04, 07:49
yes; either hotkeys or a new set of 3 "consumables" slots (only consumable items; i.e. medi, boosters, drugs; and they stack to wutever) at wehre the current graph thingy is at... (like who really looks at that stenograph anyway)...

Houston
13-03-04, 08:43
Sounds like a great idea i would like this because im a pe with buffs and have no room for anti shock/anti damage boost/stam boost/ETC.

Implement this!!!!

TheGreatMilenko
13-03-04, 09:14
hell yes;)

Omnituens
13-03-04, 09:23
you forget us hybrids; we have apu/ppu and boosters to balance.

neeeeeed dedicated booster slots

and reduce booster cost ffs, i dont see packs of ammo costing 1.6k each.

Glok
13-03-04, 10:53
Yes, dedicated slots for boosters/drugs.

subsys
13-03-04, 11:03
yes.

either stackable drugs boosters in qb or at least 1 dedicated booster slot.

oh and gms cant create polls only edit afaik so youll have to remake the thread :)

and another oh and, at minic , that thing kills my framerate if i have it switched on so i wouldent miss it

ResurgencE
13-03-04, 12:07
The polling option failed to work. Reposting this in order to get votes, and hopefully some stars so that the devs take notice.

The link: http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93815

Glok
13-03-04, 12:14
How many hotkeys would that end up being though?

3 psi booster
2 stams
2 medkits
3 antidote
3 anti shock
3 (?)anti damage boost
1 stealth breaker
25 some odd stat drugs?

That's a lot of hotkeys. I guess if they were listed as unbound in the options menu and then you could assign the ones you use/want it would be cool. :)

Benjie
13-03-04, 12:16
Originally posted by Glok
How many hotkeys would that end up being though?

3 psi booster
2 stams
2 medkits
3 antidote
3 anti shock
3 (?)anti damage boost
1 stealth breaker
25 some odd stat drugs?

That's a lot of hotkeys. I guess if they were listed as unbound in the options menu and then you could assign the ones you use/want it would be cool. :)
Could be assignable. If ure only gonna use PSI boosters, Medikits, and Beast, then it's just CTR+1,2,3. :p

ResurgencE
13-03-04, 12:19
Precisely. As mentioned in the link, the items are to be assigned keys by the user (though the default setup will be available, of course).

The assigned key for stam boosters, for example, will utilise the stam booster in your belt regardless of what kind it is (i.e. 1, 2 or 3).

In the case of drugs, no one really utilises all the 25 drugs simultaneously, now do they. ;)

I hear theres going to be some sort of in-game mechanism to constantly feed you the drugs so long as you're carrying a steady supply in your inventory. Whether this was an idea suggested by a player, or an actual feature explained by a dev, i do not know.

ResurgencE
13-03-04, 12:20
Done.

Head to http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&postid=1282271#post1282271 and express your acquiescence. :)

[/Edit Mods, please shut this down in order to prevent spam]

steweygrrr
13-03-04, 13:08
Why not try a NWN style thing such as additional quickslots accessible by pressing a certain key. OR there could be some kind of storage belt that would offer additional storage space (1.5 times to double size of normal QB) but only minimal armour protection.