PDA

View Full Version : [Threads Merged]Soulclusters are broken

Goa'uld
11-03-04, 22:58
Heh, i don't know if this is just me but...

When i cast my soulcluster (not to pk in the aggies honest), all it does is attack me!

This has only happend since the last patch, maybe it is just me could some people test this out please?

(i've tryed to cast it on the person (2 cast'se etc..)

or maybe its a feature. :confused:

No more ppu killing :mad:

Dribble Joy
11-03-04, 23:01
seem that way when we tried to go to MC5, the pus SCs were attacking the ppus :p.

Goa'uld
11-03-04, 23:07
Originally posted by Dribble Joy
seem that way when we tried to go to MC5, the pus SCs were attacking the ppus :p.

Thank got it's not just me :)

EDIT] NM it works 8|

Archeus
11-03-04, 23:42
Your targetting an invalid target when you are casting. Like a chair would do it, or belt/corpse.

After you cast, targeting yourself and casting will have them attack you. You can use distract monster to call them off.

Lifewaster
12-03-04, 08:40
Its definitely bugged since patch, if you cast it in clean environment it hangs about as normal, doesnt attack anything , then along comes a hostile faction member, and it immediately starts attacking the ppu instead of the enemy.

Lanigav
13-03-04, 08:49
Apparently, it seems to me that the ONLY shoot the caster now, even after trying to target other objects. What's the deal? :\

Invertigo
13-03-04, 08:52
Originally posted by Lanigav
Apparently, it seems to me that the ONLY shoot the caster now, even after trying to target other objects. What's the deal? :\

hahahahaha i can only imagine it...

"GO SOULCLUSTER!!! KILL THAT MOTHER FUCKER!! HEY WTF!?!?! WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING ME!?!? AGHHH U POS SPOPSOSPOSPOS KOSKSOSKOS"

Q`alooaith
13-03-04, 11:28
Originally posted by Invertigo
"GO SOULCLUSTER!!! KILL THAT MOTHER FUCKER!! HEY WTF!?!?! WHY ARE YOU SHOOTING ME!?!? AGHHH U POS SPOPSOSPOSPOS KOSKSOSKOS"

oh you bugger, I laughed my Dr P. out though my nose.

anyone else get this bug? Are you sure your not damageing it in some way..

deac
13-03-04, 11:31
i seen it a few times the last days....

Lanigav
13-03-04, 12:02
Yup, I'm positive I'm not damaging it. Everytime I cast it it automatically started to attack me, even though nothing was hitting it, there's two enemy faction players next ot me (alts of friends who were caving with me), and a good number of mobs about. Targeting did nothing.

Hayato
13-03-04, 12:05
Well SC went on strike against the PPU GO THEM!

Glok
13-03-04, 12:07
It baffles me how this small patch broke so many things. :confused:

Anyone taking bets on when it will be fixed? ;)

Argent
13-03-04, 12:29
Originally posted by Glok

10nc, two years and 3 months. I'm so winning this!

steweygrrr
13-03-04, 13:10
All the cash my spy has on When Its Ready (tm)

BramTops
13-03-04, 16:28
oh sorry... i didn't realise they were not broken before the patch... o_O

Oath
13-03-04, 22:31
They are broke on the testserver too, this was before the retail patch also.

There was also a thread about it somewhere.

wich is why more people need to goto the test server more often :|

Neocrons_coward
14-03-04, 01:58
Originally posted by Lanigav

Hopefully they will remain that way for a LONG time so ppl stop shooting me wid em.. Ill repeat again IM NOT A SHOOTING DUCK.. Save ur electricity for another rainy day

Ze0N

Finl
14-03-04, 02:10
i got this bug, no too nice when you OWN 90/90 sc tryied to gang me :D

Xian
14-03-04, 02:26
PPU used it against me and it was fine; but I used one on my monk and it turned straight around and got me to 5hp before I ran for my easily-dying life. :/

Sometimes it works as it should do, though.

Ghost_Shifter
14-03-04, 12:20
HU? You mean you actually get the fucker to cast? WOW!

Oath
14-03-04, 13:19
Originally posted by Ghost_Shifter
HU? You mean you actually get the fucker to cast? WOW!

You'r sig is too big :p

Soulclusters are totally fucked now, i let my cluster kill me and i lost Sl O_o

Biznatchy
17-03-04, 08:11
Since the 197 patch every time I cast soulcluster it turns and attacks me. Not many use them but for a ppu that needs to get in and res a guy in the middle of mobs the SC is priceless. Also I had a tank that was chasing me with a cursed soul on low health that would have been a sweet target for my SC today but its broken so no use.

The help ticket said its a bug look to be fixed in upcoming patch. I just want to start the countdown on how long this bug sticks around. Im betting 6-8 months anyone else want to take a guess.

DonnyJepp
17-03-04, 08:19
http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93818&highlight=soulcluster

http://neocron.jafc.de/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93647&highlight=soulcluster

numb
17-03-04, 11:49
I read the other thread on this, but obviously I dont want to bump it. Will the soulcluster work if you have your enemy targetted before the first cast? It seems like it may be targetting you as you cast it on yourself (ie differently to prepatch).

Just a guess... I dont have a PPU.

naimex
17-03-04, 12:00
soulclusters have been bugged in patch : 195 + 196 + 197

Originally posted by numb
I read the other thread on this, but obviously I dont want to bump it. Will the soulcluster work if you have your enemy targetted before the first cast? It seems like it may be targetting you as you cast it on yourself (ie differently to prepatch).

Just a guess... I dont have a PPU.

no matter what you do it attacks the caster.

Charles Weng
17-03-04, 12:04
No yesterday i was with a clanmember WB hunting. He cast a soulcluster on the WB and the soulcluster turns against him. 8|
Thats no problem because he was sheltered and stuff but its a Problem for all PPUs. Because the soulcluster is the only real damagedealer that they have. o_O
But it seems that it is a known problem on jupiter.

Best regards
Charles Weng

winnoc
17-03-04, 12:27
I use em for con leveling my ppu lol...... or is that an exploit? :-)

Just kidding gm's

Sleawer
17-03-04, 12:47
Originally posted by Glok

Don't get alarmed, everything will be fixed in NC:BDoY.

Where is that information minister when you need him... O_o

:p

Thanatos
17-03-04, 13:58
The Soulclusters turning on the caster is a bug caused by the revamped aggro management system. Unfortunately noone reported it on the test server. We're working on a fix.

Glok
17-03-04, 14:00
Originally posted by Thanatos
The Soulclusters turning on the caster is a bug caused by the revamped aggro management system. Unfortunately noone reported it on the test server. We're working on a fix. Nonono, don't fix it! I like being able to lure one grim out of a pack at a time. :D

ezza
17-03-04, 15:09
lol at least your clusters are doing something, i casted one mine just flew around a bit ignored the warbot and just carried on its merry game of doing nothing in particular, leaving me standing there wondering why i bothered useing all that psi just to cast the thing

Ghost_Shifter
19-03-04, 03:13
Originally posted by winnoc
I use em for con leveling my ppu lol...... or is that an exploit?

Are you mad? If you wanna level Con with an SC, go right ahead lol.

Or maybe if you want I could bring my barter and punch you for three weeks solid?

Just give me a shout dude!

Glok
19-03-04, 03:43
Originally posted by Ghost_Shifter
Are you mad? If you wanna level Con with an SC, go right ahead lol.

Or maybe if you want I could bring my barter and punch you for three weeks solid?

Just give me a shout dude! Please. He clearly wasn't serious, and even if he was, the highest soulcluster is TL93, while fists are TL0. I think the SC would be better.

Soothsayer
19-03-04, 04:03
I experienced an unusual bug with my soulcluster. I cast the SC at a warbot , then right after the bot died, the SC attacked a faction allied runner o_O . The runner wasted the cluster, of course. The kicker is that the runner must have died later on because I took a mad sl and faction symp hit in the faction he was. Neat trick because I have my LE in.

Biznatchy
24-03-04, 19:24
Originally posted by Biznatchy
I just want to start the countdown on how long this bug sticks around. Im betting 6-8 months anyone else want to take a guess.

Well we are up to 3 weeks no SC fix still counting.

Biznatchy
27-03-04, 20:15
Still no word on when this will be fixed

Nidhogg
27-03-04, 22:05
Don't bump old threads. Closed.

N

P.S. SCs are being looked into.