PDA

View Full Version : Question about resists

Zanathos
13-03-04, 06:06
If my PE goes from 400 body health to 450 body health

but goes from 111 armor in energy x-ray and fire to

103 fire, 104 energy, 104 xray

will that reduction in armor make a huge impact on how much damage is dealt to me?

is it better to have the body health?

TheGreatMilenko
13-03-04, 06:34
my PE has 160 fire/xray armor and 170 energy armor and 361 hp
and 81 athl and it fucking ownz:D

edit//and ya that will impact u. get around 350 hp (or higher) and get armor higher then 130

Zanathos
13-03-04, 06:41
I PROBABLY should mention that i use the judge

my implants currently are special forces, special riggers, distance 3, balistic 3, reflex 4, anti gamma head, arm, chest, exp leg, foot

a synaptic accelerator would oviously be better than a special riggers.

hmm, aparently i found a better setup..... one that gives me 450 body health and 108 fire and energy armor, 107 xray armor.....

now would THAT make a difference? the 50 body health extra but slightly less defences?

or 400 body health and 115 fire and energy armor, 114 xray armor

which is better?

btw.... i have 27 armor in poison in all these setups....

id have much crappier resists if i spec for it ^_^

TheGreatMilenko
13-03-04, 09:10
u should use some drugz like the resist drugz and use redflash/whiteflash for the agil/athl. and i had 110 fire/xray armor and 120 energy (lota stuff was owning me) then like a month later i made this new setup 3 days ago and it ownz only thing that can own me is Slasher/Executioner/DG (does 20 dmg to me per hit)/Fire Apoc (thats with 5+ beams on me and the monk dies befor he can kill me:p ) and i also add i have 75 poisen armor with my setup so im saying u need like 130+ armor in fire/xray/energy if u dont wanna be ownd and having around 400 hp is enough

Invertigo
13-03-04, 09:16
youll probably seem to take more damage since you have more HP and slightly lower resists, since damage is percentage based and the lower health you have the less damage you take, the higher health the more damage... and since youll have more health and lower resists im guessing it will probably balance out to almost completely the same.

TheGreatMilenko
13-03-04, 09:22
Originally posted by Invertigo
youll probably seem to take more damage since you have more HP and slightly lower resists, since damage is percentage based and the lower health you have the less damage you take, the higher health the more damage... and since youll have more health and lower resists im guessing it will probably balance out to almost completely the same.

english plz:D

Invertigo
13-03-04, 10:07
Originally posted by TheGreatMilenko

i was trying...but as you can tell im tired:rolleyes:

8| 8| 8| 8| 8|

edit: what i was basically trying to say is it will probably be just the same as it was before, as in take the same amount of cs bursts to the face...etc...

Zeph0n
13-03-04, 10:55
Yes it will imo. Say your getting shot with a CS. That first hit is gonna basically take care of that 50 bonus hp u had right there. and the fact that each dropped form 111 armor. your gonna die in a burst or 2 less id guess. should do some before and after damage tests to compare. but in my opinion that 50 extra hp u have wont compare to the extra 4-5 extra damage youll get (guesstimate for example purposes) from dropping those resists. So over a course of 5 shots your getting about 25 extra damage or so. I guess im kinda rambling, so hope you get what im trying to say. :confused: :lol:

greploco
13-03-04, 11:27

how? there just aren't enough points to go around

retr0n
13-03-04, 12:39
Originally posted by TheGreatMilenko
and 81 athl and it fucking ownz:D

That's a load of bullshit.

Zanathos
13-03-04, 16:08
if your low tech its very possible to get that high of resists on a PE.

without drugs :p

but anyways, looks like ill stick with my 400 hp :p

Kal
13-03-04, 17:33
hes already said he uses resist drugs, and whats your IG name and server milenko.

i fought a PE claming to have resists like yours and although Blacksun was bad against him Judge cut through him like a hot knife through butter.

there really is no defence like a good offence if your opponent can aim well

edit: and zanathos keep working on your resists, they aint too bad but i have 441 hp and more in every resist that you without using a resistor chip as well as having 180 pistol combat and 115 hack.

all selfbuffed and undrugged

Elroy Jetson
13-03-04, 18:08
I don't have a link for it but smokers skill manager is good to see what dmg you will take. if somebody could post it :D

TheGreatMilenko
13-03-04, 18:58
i play on saturn and my guys name is The Great Milenko
PM me if u wanna duel

edit// btw i only use 7 drugz:D

Drake6k
13-03-04, 19:16
Dont think your great cause you take 7 drugs. If I take 4 my energy/fire 155 xray 141 with 470 health. I could go way higher if I went with white/red flash setup. BUT THAT DOESNT MATTER. If you catch me running around with no drugs on that is who I really am. That is who I duel as. God do all those high ego PEs take 7 fucking drugs and act like its apart of some great setup?

:rolleyes:

More on Topic. Before I rerolled Jack Drake to Black Dragon I had 247 health with great resists. Now I'm going with 2x as much health and the same resists. I take more damage now but I last longer... Less health = less damage. I cant tell much difference since I rerolled in the ammount of hits I take. I was told the % based damage isnt what it was back in the day though.

So... I would go with more health.

dr.fish
13-03-04, 19:28
get a pp resistor if u want resists :P

Drake6k
13-03-04, 19:31
Originally posted by dr.fish
get a pp resistor if u want resists :P

Yeah instead of a distance 3 add a moveon or resistor. If your aiming for high health you can get better resists with a moveon because of the amount of health points it frees up.

TheGreatMilenko
13-03-04, 19:38
Originally posted by Drake6k
Dont think your great cause you take 7 drugs. If I take 4 my energy/fire 155 xray 141 with 470 health. I could go way higher if I went with white/red flash setup. BUT THAT DOESNT MATTER. If you catch me running around with no drugs on that is who I really am. That is who I duel as. God do all those high ego PEs take 7 fucking drugs and act like its apart of some great setup?

hey i have good armor without my drugz only true drugz u need r redflash/whiteflash and guess wut who cares a setup is a setup doesnt matter how its made

Kal
13-03-04, 20:51
my setup is good without any drugs, and a resistor chip is not really needed at all.

most people i know with amazing setups dont use one

Zanathos
13-03-04, 22:36
i get better resists without a moveon.

btw guys, im a judge user so dont forget that little fact too.

TheGreatMilenko
13-03-04, 22:38
how do u get better resist without moveon thats not possible
moveon gives the + to hp

Kal
14-03-04, 00:32
| |
| |
|________________|

outside
the <----think here
box

edit: bah it didnt work

and milenko, its about more than just the damage you take :rolleyes: , its about balance and knowing what is enough of what

TheGreatMilenko
14-03-04, 01:50
hehe jus made a setup jus as good as my other cept only 3 drugs w00t Redflash/Whiteflash/Paratemol Forte :D

Originally posted by Kal
milenko, its about more than just the damage you take :rolleyes: , its about balance and knowing what is enough of what though

Kal
14-03-04, 01:59
it was supposed to be vague, think about it harder:p

i only help friends or at very minimum people i know with resist setups.
i also dont tell people the secrets behind anything as i learnt most of what i know with the help of other friends and testing things for myself and people dont put work into these things just to go off and gossip it all away.

Oath
14-03-04, 02:01
Originally posted by Kal
my setup is good without any drugs, and a resistor chip is not really needed at all.

most people i know with amazing setups dont use one

I had one. :D

nuff said :p

<- 1337 :lol:

Kal
14-03-04, 02:04
heh but you are a tank oath, which rely on resists primarily instead of psi spells, so of course a ppr is important cause it adds a significant amout to resists and thats why you wont ever find a tank that has one and doesnt use it :p

a PE has enough natural resist points to not have to use a resistor to get good resists as long as you think about where to put the points to get the most out of your setup

im only good with PE and monk setups anyway, when it comes to tanks im a complete noob, you only need to fight my tank to find that out ;)

Punisher-X
14-03-04, 04:39
Its very possible to get 180 energy / 140 fire / 140 xray resist on a low tech PE, while having capped libby and 80 odd agil and ath, WITHOUT any drugs at all.

Er Zanathos, one of my PEs uses far higher dex weapons that you (has no moveon or PPR) and has around 130/140 in each resist....so I think ya made a boo-boo somewhere. A judge implant/con setup is no diff from a libby one, just make sure u throw in a SA with the SF.

TheGreatMilenko
14-03-04, 05:03
what is yer HP? 200 hahaha

Kal
14-03-04, 14:38
i'll bet you dont have any poison resist, in which case tanks'll own ya, monks with any sence'll own ya, and very soon PEs will be able to own ya

Possessed
14-03-04, 16:17
Originally posted by Kal
and very soon PEs will be able to own ya

????? What haven't I heard about???

Anyway, when I was testing I found that after a certain point health > resists, it's not about how much damage you take from a burst, it's how many bursts you can take, so many people fail to realise that.

Kal
14-03-04, 16:36
soon the ryker nailgun will be tl 67 and owns against anyone with low poison resist

and you've got the idea possesed, its the right balance ya gotta find