PDA

View Full Version : should paraEVERYTHING be removed from the game?

Invertigo
13-03-04, 03:29
i just wanna see some numbers of what people think... no flaming either u arses

pearl
13-03-04, 03:35
parashock comes handy if you want to kill ppus. it should not be removed.

but it has no need to make it as supergluey as it is now. the stuneffect in patch 196 was ok imo.

Shadow Dancer
13-03-04, 05:02
I have killed great ppus without parashock. Yes it helps, no you don't need it.

Every type of idiotic freezing/slow/stun skill/spell/item/weapon/code/etc... should be removed.

Seriously.

Myrlin
13-03-04, 05:04
I like the PvM idea. It ruins PvP, but it's ok in PvM.

enigma_b17
13-03-04, 05:06
omg another one, how long before this gets closed :)

Gestra
13-03-04, 05:44
No, learn to adapt against it.

Para is allready shit to use effectively.

Perhaps get some skills against it?

Shadow Dancer
13-03-04, 06:20
Originally posted by Gestra

What skills? What does that mean? You pop a drug as soon as you are shocked or see the ppu casting it. What other "skills" can you get against it?

:rolleyes:

Invertigo
13-03-04, 06:33
No, learn to adapt against it.

Para is allready shit to use effectively.

are you saying that im a newbie and suck or somthing?

what id like to know is why people defend it? because your a ppu?o_O

it completely ruins everything there is about PVP...and can make people who completely suck have the way upper advantage

Gestra
13-03-04, 06:49
You can move for one. Parashock 2 second cast time, massive psi energy usage. Despite what people say its not spammable.

Originally posted by Invertigo
are you saying that im a newbie and suck or somthing?

what id like to know is why people defend it? because your a ppu?o_O

it completely ruins everything there is about PVP...and can make people who completely suck have the way upper advantage

For the first part. You said it, So it should be ok for me to agree.

For the second part, its great for PVP despite what people think this is not a game of mad person skills. Its about balance and team play. Para is a fucking fantastic team spell that adds a team element, Sure it completely fucks up an individual runner as it should. But it also adds great depth to the game. A holy shelter makes a player better its a boost to that player, para and dboost cast on the enemy work exactly the same way, they improve you own team.

Fully removing para could be one of the shittest things done to this game. The nerfs it allready have are extreme.

Invertigo
13-03-04, 07:29
You can move for one. Parashock 2 second cast time, massive psi energy usage. Despite what people say its not spammable.

For the first part. You said it, So it should be ok for me to agree.

For the second part, its great for PVP despite what people think this is not a game of mad person skills. Its about balance and team play. Para is a fucking fantastic team spell that adds a team element, Sure it completely fucks up an individual runner as it should. But it also adds great depth to the game. A holy shelter makes a player better its a boost to that player, para and dboost cast on the enemy work exactly the same way, they improve you own team.

Fully removing para could be one of the shittest things done to this game. The nerfs it allready have are extreme.

have you played recently since the newest patch? you say you can still move but BARELY and im not even joking...it litterially redusced my speed by like 95% no joke...

and its possible to spam it...i do it on my ppu. it just requires alot of boosters and a decent mana pool

G.0.D.
13-03-04, 08:08
Honestly, I would agrea but Ive spent hours chassing that illusive PPU with an awsome runspeed... Or battling with a melee tank the speed of light.

I think the monk paras need a small 'slowness' nerf and a major nerf on how long the spells last.

that way if you dont have drugs theres still a chance you can get away :/

Vid Gamer
13-03-04, 08:15
Remove it from PvP.

Scikar
13-03-04, 18:34
Get some skills against it is a bullshit argument, just like get some skills against hybrids was.

It's not necessary to beat PPUs with parashock. The best can just cast antiparalyze at 70/min - a lot faster than the parashock is. So para makes little difference.

The only good part is that the antishock pills aren't too bad now. They're still not perfect, mainly because you end up with a drugflash before long. But they do actually work. However I don't think that's enough, it doesn't justify having parashock in the game.

Kal
13-03-04, 18:39
YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES

Drake6k
13-03-04, 19:02
Neocron isn't quake. Not a good thing but sometimes its almost impossible to kill people without parashock. I'm a pistol PE. I bring a lot of anti shock drugs with me and I'm fine. But for ppu monks and anyone that runs (teleports around...) Parashock is kinda needed. I can deal with parashock that is targeted at me... But its not fun running after a monk for 15 minutes.

Make it ppu only. Make the other guns into railguns or something.

Dont remove it completely.

That's just how I feel.

Shadow Dancer
13-03-04, 20:22
Saying that you need parashock to kill some people who are too fast, has to be the worst arguement ever. To me that's no different than saying "I can't aim well, so I need all the help I can get". Unbelievable. Amazing how some people think it's ok because they lack the ability to hit fast moving targets.

On another note....
If ppus become near unkillable or something because parashock is gone, it only further proves how fucked up PPUs and the whole system is.

.Cyl0n
13-03-04, 20:24
yes please make my ppu unkillable

*votes yes*

Kal
13-03-04, 20:45
parashock shouldnt bother a good ppu or his team anyway if he has the antipara spell. I know it never bothered me

-FN-
14-03-04, 11:11
Add the phrase "para" to the autothreadclosing function with "PPU" and "Parashock" :rolleyes:

I'm starting to think people spend more time on the forums bitching than playing the game anymore o_O

Invertigo
14-03-04, 11:35
sorry guys but seriously TBH, parashock does shit to a ppu...

im only base 90 and when i see a parashock comin my way u just switch to anti shock which is always in my qb, and cast it within a second, and i can even run in a circle and cast it...

it honostly makes no difference unless hes getting shot by 13 people at once, and lets face it if hes already having a hard time with that many people parashock isnt going to make that much of a difference now is it?